AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

View Poll Results: Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 21 25.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 16.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 16.87%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 14.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 10.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.61%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.61%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 8.43%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-08, 13:33   Link #41
carmolita

Just keep in mind this is not the end ~only the half way~ mark ..You must understand that when Matsuri Hino's manga was picked for anime she was brought in/consulted on the project, but she only had 3 request 1. she wanted the same voice cast kept as the cd drama 2. she wanted a certain scene changed and 3. I forgot BUT she didn't mind if they changed things however the director liked the way she wrote the story and wanted to keep it as is.. (my source is an interview she did with viz) However I'd rather wait for more story before they animated any more~ then butcher it with ideas other than the authors. I'm a kaname fan, but since you are a zero fan this should give you hope ~ not only did they cut the zero x yuki kiss scene they also cut the kaname x yuki kiss scene which was way steamier. At this point they're getting ready to go up against another adversary, so their is still a lot more story to be told.
Old 2009-01-08, 19:40   Link #42
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
Just keep in mind this is not the end ~only the half way~ mark ..You must understand that when Matsuri Hino's manga was picked for anime she was brought in/consulted on the project, but she only had 3 request 1. she wanted the same voice cast kept as the cd drama 2. she wanted a certain scene changed and 3. I forgot BUT she didn't mind if they changed things however the director liked the way she wrote the story and wanted to keep it as is.. (my source is an interview she did with viz) However I'd rather wait for more story before they animated any more~ then butcher it with ideas other than the authors. I'm a kaname fan, but since you are a zero fan this should give you hope ~ not only did they cut the zero x yuki kiss scene they also cut the kaname x yuki kiss scene which was way steamier. At this point they're getting ready to go up against another adversary, so their is still a lot more story to be told.
WHAT! there was a kiss between yuuki and kaname? And they cut it out? those...that's absurd!
Old 2009-01-10, 02:35   Link #43
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I didn't mind this, but my big problem with the ending is that Rido was such a disappointing bad guy. He wasn't unique at all, and was just pretty much there so that Zero could have someone to kill, and Kaname could have someone to scheme against. Rido barely fought back, and that's not just physically, but he barely fought back against Kaname's schemes either. And, for that reason, it's no surprised that pretty much everything Kaname set out to do went just according to keikaku ("keikaku" means plan).

Shizuka was a much more interesting bad guy because she was more fleshed out, and wasn't just evil for the sake of it.
Old 2009-01-10, 04:13   Link #44
carmolita

One thing that's not covered in the anime probaly because of time constraints, but in the manga was the fact that Rido was just a tool being used by the counsel to further their agenda. He was going to be more like their puppet. He was never a major adversary other than the fact that he did some really evil things, wanted yuki and his existence bounded kanames powers. The plot leading up to the battle or that takes place along side is much bigger in the manga and never appears in the anime. For example kaname never appears in the rido, battle because he was off somewhere else in a battle of his own. But he does come at the end of the battle thanks zero for killing rido and then zero and kaname have a battle of their own -over yuki. This could never appear in the anime without makeing a season 3(which they don't have enough material for) so the ending was perfect As far as kaname and shizuka. They animated the shizuka part in the anime exactly the way it appears in the manga which might be why it seems more complete. However with respect to the anime kanames plans didn't all go accordingly.

Last edited by carmolita; 2009-01-10 at 04:25.
Old 2009-01-10, 21:28   Link #45
Knight_SV

one of the worst ending ever
Old 2009-01-11, 17:38   Link #46
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Rondo Night End. Vampire Knight ~Knight~

I've already finished watching the last episode to Vampire Knight Guilty today, and likely as many or several of you might have realized this episode was almost full of anime-original content.

Spoiler:

For those two mistakes I would have graded this final episode with a '7', but instead gave it an '8' due how excellent Yuuri's performance came out smoothly when she spoke to both Zero and Kaname at the conclusion.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-11, 20:10   Link #47
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I've already finished watching the last episode to Vampire Knight Guilty today, and likely as many or several of you might have realized this episode was almost full of anime-original content.

Spoiler:

For those two mistakes I would have graded this final episode with a '7', but instead gave it an '8' due how excellent Yuuri's performance came out smoothly when she spoke to both Zero and Kaname at the conclusion.

Spoiler:
There's just not enough manga material for them to make the ending "any more different" than they did. If they really were to spend the time to explain zero's true feelings, and a lot of the other scenes...then theyd have to have a 3rd season given that they were only slated 13 episodes for this season...And they don't have enough material to make a 3rd separate season. As for the whole "sweet dream hasn't ended yet", well we probably won't be seeing a 3rd season anytime soon since the manga comes out very slowly.

All im saying is, sure the last episode might've been disappointing, but given/keeping in mind where the manga currently is, i thought they did a decent job of getting the basic jist of the story
Old 2009-01-14, 13:39   Link #48
tomitomomi

Send a message via Yahoo to tomitomomi
okay so i said that my second post was my last.

i think i'm really good at this. telling things that i don't really do. ;p

i love the ending of vampire knight guilty.

zero telling yuki that if ever they meet again he will kill her.
yuki thinking that the best way to protect zero is to stay away from him.
kaname living his whole life with the one person he ever longed for.

this is better than a happily ever after ending.

and animes with open-ending are better remembered than animes with a happy ending. animes with tragic ending are best remembered. (e.g main character dying at the end of the series)

i know there will be some / many who will contradict this statement.
but this is my opinion. you have yours. and that's okay.

ps.

they say that the ending in the manga is different. and a lot better. i guess i should read that soon.
Old 2009-01-14, 18:27   Link #49
carmolita

The manga hasn't ended, so you have plenty of time
Old 2009-01-14, 23:23   Link #50
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomomi View Post
okay so i said that my second post was my last.

i think i'm really good at this. telling things that i don't really do. ;p

i love the ending of vampire knight guilty.

zero telling yuki that if ever they meet again he will kill her.
yuki thinking that the best way to protect zero is to stay away from him.
kaname living his whole life with the one person he ever longed for.

this is better than a happily ever after ending.

and animes with open-ending are better remembered than animes with a happy ending. animes with tragic ending are best remembered. (e.g main character dying at the end of the series)

i know there will be some / many who will contradict this statement.
but this is my opinion. you have yours. and that's okay.

ps.

they say that the ending in the manga is different. and a lot better. i guess i should read that soon.
if anything, i would say the manga is better given the fact that it could actually spend some time into going more into detail for certain people/events...

i think the anime ending did perfectly fine given the manga's current position...i can't say the anime ending is better than the mangas..(one reason is that the manga hasn't ended haha), but idk, i thought the manga was interesting
Old 2009-01-18, 18:15   Link #51
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch last episode :

OMG , very tired ... yeah not only the worse ending but one of the worse anime too ! Just wanted to know what will happen with Zero and the fight with Rido ! Well , for the one who seek action , he shouldn't try this anime . Rido didn't live longtime ...
Gladly , Yuki let Zero and go with kaname the bastard (he knew what will happen wtf , he's a medium yeah , playing with Zero ) ! Zero should doing his life , it will be better for him , don't purchase Yuki to kill her because he will still suffer ! If there is a new season i will not watch it .

Note 3/10 .
Old 2009-01-19, 12:49   Link #52
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
The last episode was disappointing, similar like the whole 2nd season.
The complete harmony and suspense has been taken.
I can only advice to read the manga if you really wanna enjoy it.
Sad but true. >.>
Old 2009-01-20, 06:03   Link #53
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

Voted PAinful, one of the worsts endings ever seen, completely disappointed with it -.-
Old 2009-01-26, 03:27   Link #54
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

A satisfying ending for me. Even though it didn't follow the manga exactly, it wasn't perfect but a good enough one. Hopefully, there would be a season 3.

10/10

However, it really depresses me to open the first episode of VK again after watching the final episode of VK:G.

Nostalgia overdose.
Old 2009-02-18, 13:01   Link #55
kazzu88
Kazzu

Location: England...srry for teh mishap someone else set this up for me.
I really enjoyed the series, Hopefully they end up with a third... they did seem to have left it open for a new story.
Old 2009-02-19, 09:50   Link #56
xxraffieskieexx

i'm kinda sad because i will surely miss this anime!! T____T I kinda want more.. Hmm,

I don't feel this final episode.. It lacks something.. I cannot explain.. T_T
Poor Zero.. He was left behind.. tsktsk.. Yuki decided to go with kaname.....

hmm, what will happen to the vampire/human relationship?
oh how i wonder...

*i really don't like kaname's attitude.. tsssss.. he's so arrogant and mean in a way that's hard to explain!! hmph..
Old 2009-04-08, 22:33   Link #57
nhoc_sophia

i love the ending... Kaname deserves Yuuki... I always respect him... compose and cool... He never tried to justify his action or makes them seem heroic.. He simply has 1 goal. And that is to protect Yuuki. Lolz..and he isn't a person without a flaw... like the rest of the people said...Yuuki is his flaw and his sins lolz xD
Old 2009-05-17, 22:14   Link #58
dark-kyon

i like the ending,kaname maybe to the end not end whit yuuki but he is the man in this anime.
vote 8-10
Old 2009-05-18, 06:53   Link #59
KimmyChan

I'd give this last 13th episode of Guilty a 9/10 as I thought it was excellent all round
Old 2009-12-06, 21:26   Link #60
HollowScar

Send a message via Yahoo to HollowScar
Well, there is a chance for a Vampire Knight season 3, as Kaname still has to take a sinister route, which would lead to some sort of tragedy, and Zero as a full vampire hunter, could use some character development. Lot of space for tragedies to occur. Vampire Knight is not done yet.
Closed Thread