AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-24, 13:59   Link #461
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 20:39   Link #462
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 20:56   Link #463
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 7

I was rather disappointed by this ep. It all just seemed to resolve itself too neatly for my liking. I mean, Nanaka just basically decided to put her feelings to one side for the sake of Koko. It was just too much an oversimplification of the conflict at hand, ie, falling for your best friend's lover. It's never that easy.

But then I remember this is Da Capo after all, so expecting well written, realistic, momentous drama is asking too much. I suppose, nothing in this was jarring, given the mood of the story to date, so I can't complain too much.

This still beats the pants off its predecessors by an amount that's crazy.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 21:57   Link #464
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
I was rather disappointed by this ep. It all just seemed to resolve itself too neatly for my liking. I mean, Nanaka just basically decided to put her feelings to one side for the sake of Koko. It was just too much an oversimplification of the conflict at hand, ie, falling for your best friend's lover. It's never that easy.
Well, I will say that my understanding of what went on in the episode was greatly enhanced by what I expect they will explain later in the anime (and what was already explained at this point in the game). So I guess what I'm saying is remember how easy this resolution was later in the show. There's a reason it was so easy.
Old 2007-11-25, 06:37   Link #465
Doppel

Relentless:
Spoiler for People that have not played the game:
Doppel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 09:21   Link #466
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I'm really looking forward to more Nanaka in the future. I really believe/hope that what ever obstacles get thrown in the way of Koko and Yoshiyuki, she will be one of the people Koko can rely on.
Old 2007-11-25, 13:41   Link #467
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppel View Post
Relentless:
Spoiler for People that have not played the game:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-25, 15:28   Link #468
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, I will say that my understanding of what went on in the episode was greatly enhanced by what I expect they will explain later in the anime (and what was already explained at this point in the game). So I guess what I'm saying is remember how easy this resolution was later in the show. There's a reason it was so easy.
Given this is still Da Capo we are talking about, i would take a stab guessing the reason has to do with the Sakura tree. That thing is still alive and kicking, and it might have well been that Koko confessed under exactly that one tree ... now with that thought in hand, it might have well been the tree that made Yoshiyuki accept her confession (or at least nudged him in that direction) ... then again if my memory serves me, feelings was one thing the tree could not affect ... or who knows - perhaps the tree was so fed up with being "killed" all the time it leveled up
Old 2007-11-25, 16:18   Link #469
Doppel

Quote:
Spoiler:
Relentless:
Spoiler for :
Old 2007-11-25, 16:50   Link #470
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Relentless:
Spoiler for :
Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-25, 17:09   Link #471
Doppel

Spoiler for :
Old 2007-11-25, 19:57   Link #472
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Spoiler for :
Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-25, 20:31   Link #473
Doppel

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for :
Old 2007-11-25, 22:05   Link #474
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Given this is still Da Capo we are talking about, i would take a stab guessing the reason has to do with the Sakura tree. That thing is still alive and kicking, and it might have well been that Koko confessed under exactly that one tree ... now with that thought in hand, it might have well been the tree that made Yoshiyuki accept her confession (or at least nudged him in that direction) ... then again if my memory serves me, feelings was one thing the tree could not affect ... or who knows - perhaps the tree was so fed up with being "killed" all the time it leveled up
Snigger I loved the last part

But that is a good point about the tree granting her wish of being together with Yoshiyuki, but in the past didn't that type of wish end up horribly wrong

Noooooooooo I'm all worried about Koko now!
Old 2007-11-26, 03:15   Link #475
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Snigger I loved the last part

But that is a good point about the tree granting her wish of being together with Yoshiyuki, but in the past didn't that type of wish end up horribly wrong

Noooooooooo I'm all worried about Koko now!
That really depends. In past things went bad because the circumstances were different - it was trying to tear two people apart in favor of someone else, thus resulting in the emotional turmoil. Here it is different. Yoshiyuki was not interested in anyone specifically. Although he was wondering whether what he feels for Koko is love or not, he did also mention that the idea of "being together with her" had accrued to him ... so in this case (assuming the tree actually has anything to do with it) the tree wouldn't need to create something by erasing another things - merely enhancing what was already there. Or i could be completely in the left field and relentlessflame might be chuckling in the corner after reading this.
Old 2007-11-26, 03:26   Link #476
grey_moon

Am I right in thinking that the tree only grants one wish per person? So in the case of something bad happening at least it won't be Nanaka's unconscious wish doing it (thank goodness).

I guess the fear for myself if the above few posts are true is that each girl is a potential walking time bomb for the KokoxYoshiyuki relationship. As all it would take is for a girl to wish for a relationship with Yoshiyuki and then the bad things start happening....

What I am wondering is what Sakura is doing about the tree? I don't think it would be harmful as by now I would have thought her magical powers would be even greater with age (unless they were stunted too), so if the tree was dangerous then I would have hoped that she would have done something about it.
Old 2007-11-26, 05:31   Link #477
Shuugo
MeruMeru Piroripaporirora

Wallpaper madness (posting all I have sorry if there's any repost / or DC I)

Shuugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 08:22   Link #478
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
@Shuugo
Nice wallies, thanks for sharing.
@Maids! Maids! Maids!
awesome art you got here. It appears that people are still under influence from Galaxy Angel.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 19:35   Link #479
ThoHell

Yoshiyuki may be a loyal strong boyfriend and not be a cheater, but he doesn't seem to understand his role in the relationship. Basically their relationship is just like when they're friends, he's kind of a bad or dimwitted boyfriend. He doesn't seem to understand his role in the relationship, or just entered it without really wanting to. I guess he'll get hit with the reality stick really soon. POOR KOKO!!!!!!!!!!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 20:40   Link #480
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep9:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen