AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-07, 10:57   Link #2001
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

Acoss does seem like the evil type!

would not be surprised if he's the mastermind behind the fall of the TSAB
Old 2007-02-07, 11:27   Link #2002
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I like the idea of making Acoss the main opposition too. He seems to sympathise with the criminals in Chapter 3 ("I can understand how they feel..."), and I won't be surprised if he would find their cause worthwhile. And an powerful opponent using the Ancient Belkan system would be worth looking to, seeing how Reinforce had kicked ass in A's.

An extension of this idea would include Karim as well, since these two are sworn siblings (though using this relationship as a reason to include her in the opposition would be weak).

Another person that I would nominate for the main opponent would be... Hayate. I personally think she doesn't really like the TSAB (she commented in chapter 3 that people with special abilities or those who can act on their own are only seen as "convenient tools"). She might also be the most ambitious out of the team (imho her meteotic rise can be contributed to talent, her powers and ambition). Combine these two factors...

Of course, these are just my theory. But personally... I think I like it rather .
Old 2007-02-07, 13:25   Link #2003
Key Board
Carbon

I think you guys have accept that Yuuno and Arf are all but written out of the story

Their names don't even register on the cast list. Don't expect any more than cameo roles

and seriously, from the second season I could tell that they have exhausted their run. There's nothing much left you can work with their characters. The manga further confirms with them basically saying I have no reason to tag along, [insert character name] can manage on her own

combine that with new characters and .. well..sorry dudes..we have our priorities
Old 2007-02-07, 13:35   Link #2004
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Your probably right. We might see Yunno if the need 'research' done. The only other way we might see him is if they DO infact write in some romance between him and Nanoha, there was some hint at the end of A's (anime) that there might have been something. As for Arf....... moral support for Fate? or maybe another Fate's been beaten horribly in battle and is now in the hospital with the nurse saying arf's been here the whole time XD

So to conclude, Arfs pretty much gone, sigh and the only hope for Yunno is if he grows a backbone and attempts something with Nanoha.
Old 2007-02-07, 13:40   Link #2005
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity85 View Post
Your probably right. We might see Yunno if the need 'research' done. The only other way we might see him is if they DO infact write in some romance between him and Nanoha, there was some hint at the end of A's (anime) that there might have been something.
Original Nanoha had big hints of a relationship between Nanoha and Yuuno towards the end, too. Personally, I'll be dissappointed if they don't go for a relationship between them after how they've hinted so strongly at something between them. And I'm a sucker for romances anyway.
Old 2007-02-07, 13:44   Link #2006
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
all blame yunno for not being aggressive enough T_T if he was a man then he would stop being shy and ask her out already! another option would to go into ferret mode and "slip" (accidentally ofc) down nanoha's shirt

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-07, 13:46   Link #2007
Alavaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleise View Post
Nanoha as a (pseudo-)villain is just fun to think of.
Before or after she Starlight Breakers the whole TSAB into friendship?
Old 2007-02-07, 13:57   Link #2008
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

It's hard to say really... the true villain more likely than not will be someone that has yet to make an entry. (Now that I think of it, the three aces are by StrikerS, quite the celebrity figures with considerable clout...)

I am hoping to see a drama over a far grander scale than previously, where conflict will span across sectors and where typical clerks, not just the protege of the aces will be profiled as elements in the struggle. Of course, something like that might feel too short to fit the 26 episode constraint. Will Hayate continues the climb to the top echelon of power? Will Fate need to decide where to put her loyalty at and will Nanoha come to use external connections she has to influence events within the TSAB... or will heroes come and go as another page in the history of the universe goes by? (why does this sound like a space opera?)

Ps: still sulking a bit about lack of Suzuka and Arisa by this point. And here's to hoping that StrikerS won't be latter half of Utawarerumono in space. (first half would be fine...)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2007-02-07, 14:18   Link #2009
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiety View Post
Acoss does seem like the evil type!

would not be surprised if he's the mastermind behind the fall of the TSAB

So Across has now cross dimensions?

HAIL Ilpalazzo
Old 2007-02-07, 14:40   Link #2010
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
So Across has now cross dimensions?
So you're saying the TSAB will be fighting... Ilpalazzo and Excel?

No. Please, just... no.
Old 2007-02-08, 12:29   Link #2011
Key Board
Carbon

Yuuno's problem is he's more interesting as a ferret

heck, I can say the same thing for Arf. She's more interesting as a puppy.

I can see why the development team may have chosen to do without them

Regarding Nanoha. Well, I hate to say this, but she has a bit of a complex towards lonely people. Helping these kind of people helps build up her own character. That's why she was drawn towards Fate and Yuuno in the first season. Or Chrono in Lyrical Toybox spinoff. Heck, he was so emo and lonely she felled compelled to screw him. "Those sad lonely eyes" defines her preference

Selfish? maybe, but she's the white devil, not Card Captor Sakura.

Regardless, these people aren't lonely anymore, so I think deep in her heart she's looking for the next lonely misunderstood person..... and befriend the hell out of them. XD

Last edited by Key Board; 2007-02-08 at 12:40.
Old 2007-02-08, 16:54   Link #2012
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

Something I just noticed (and don't see mentioned in these threads, unless I'm blind) in the background picture at http://www.nanoha.com - the "magic circle" underneath Subaru in the picture is the triangular version that the Wolkenritter use, not the circular type used by Nanoha and the Mid-type mages.

Might just be that Vita is more her instructor than Nanoha (since we know Vita will be Nanoha's second), but it does open the question: Velka cartidge system in Subaru's Mach Caliber? Hope she's got good brakes...
Old 2007-02-08, 17:35   Link #2013
Woden

Wasn't it revealed elsewhere that Subaru uses Velka magic?
Old 2007-02-08, 20:58   Link #2014
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Right. And along with Elio, unless I'm mistaken and Mama Fate decided to teach him a hybrid Midchilda-Velka magic style.

Testarossa-Haraoun-ryuu anyone? ^_^
Old 2007-02-09, 00:03   Link #2015
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

If the kids are using Velka magic, it's far more likely Hayate was teaching them.
Old 2007-02-09, 07:02   Link #2016
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Either Hayate or one of the Wolkenritter
Old 2007-02-09, 07:08   Link #2017
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Well, Subaru is already a Belkan user to start with, long before she joined the Long Arc team (or even met Nanoha). Though she admit having some interest in the Midchildan system, which is more suitable for aerial combat unlike the Belkan system (and she does long to be able to fly freely in the sky, just like Nanoha), her natural talents and fighting style are more geared towards the Belkan system.

Coming to here, I have a theory regarding her Revolver Knuckles.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-09, 11:04   Link #2018
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

You know, there are two potentially neglected and misunderstood people, right beneath Nanoha's nose that she's known for longer than Fate... with interesting lineage to boot. Although at this point, I can't see how Arisa and Suzuka can possibly bring sufficient threat to TSAB to bring an air war in the open skies.

I wonder if more systems of magic will come forth by StrikerS. Belka and Midchilda are the only ones that we have seen.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2007-02-09, 12:13   Link #2019
Flar

Arisa and Suzuka could get reintroduced with a civil/faction war scenario. Imagine: Anti-TSAB group recovers relics and burns cities to the ground with some sort of summon in terrorist acts. The Hayate special division is created to counter this group.
However, it later is revealed that the TSAB is seen as a bit of tyrant by magical creatures all over the universe, and their terrorist acts were actually engineered by the TSAB itself to frame them. Arisa and Suzuka get caught by the Earth special group and this paves the way for Hayate & co to separate and befriend the bulk of the TSAB armed forces.

About Subaru's Revolver Knukles: Since they are a belka type trinket, wouldn't that make them also powered with magical bullets? It would just eat a bullet for a strong punch, much like a revolver uses a bullet for a shot. That wouldn't make it an intelligent device, since you cannot speak to it or make it act in another way, but it would still be a simple efficient weapon
Old 2007-02-09, 13:07   Link #2020
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
You know, there are two potentially neglected and misunderstood people, right beneath Nanoha's nose that she's known for longer than Fate... with interesting lineage to boot. Although at this point, I can't see how Arisa and Suzuka can possibly bring sufficient threat to TSAB to bring an air war in the open skies.
I'm curious; is there actually any official confirmation that Arisa and Suzuka has any special lineage in the MSLN world (let's not talk about Lyrical Toy Box)? So far the only place where I've seen any mention of such is in the entropymax fan-comic, and that's not canon for all I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flar View Post
About Subaru's Revolver Knukles: Since they are a belka type trinket, wouldn't that make them also powered with magical bullets? It would just eat a bullet for a strong punch, much like a revolver uses a bullet for a shot. That wouldn't make it an intelligent device, since you cannot speak to it or make it act in another way, but it would still be a simple efficient weapon
Or an Armed Device like the weapons of the Wolkenritter? Though so far, nothing has shown that it has any AI at all.
Closed Thread