AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 24 26.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 20.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 22.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 16.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 8.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.25%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.12%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.12%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-04, 15:20   Link #101
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
How does that make other males not able to operate it? Are you referring to the hole females use this half, males predominately use this half science? (forgot which was which exactly)
From my understanding, everyone's brain waves are a little different. Given that, it's entirely possible that it's only capable of working within a certain range (like sounds are only audible to people in certain ranges).
Old 2011-02-04, 15:33   Link #102
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
From my understanding, everyone's brain waves are a little different. Given that, it's entirely possible that it's only capable of working within a certain range (like sounds are only audible to people in certain ranges).
Technically yes. However practically, they are more random then say operating on a different frequency.

It would require twisted anime-science to make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
For an instance, I was wondering if any of the girls in the class was imagining a relationship between Charles and Ichika.
That reminds me.

Thank goodness Charles is normal... as in not all over Ichika.
Old 2011-02-04, 15:34   Link #103
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Technically yes. However practically, they are more random then say operating on a different frequency.

When is anime-science not twisted?
Old 2011-02-04, 15:37   Link #104
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
That reminds me.

It's going to be a great big seiyuu joke in the future if Charles is all over Ichika in her bishie form in the middle of a class.

Cookies for anyone who can identify that joke.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-02-04, 15:40   Link #105
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:

That reminds me.

For some reason I think you're speaking too soon
Old 2011-02-04, 15:44   Link #106
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Oh yeah and about her stunt in the dressing room. Bet she had it already on...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
D: nowai
Old 2011-02-04, 15:54   Link #107
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Ichika reaction to Houki's "confession" was kind of meh though the feeding and the princess-carry scene makes up for it, I guess.

And wow another transfer student?
Laura and that slap of hers
Old 2011-02-04, 15:54   Link #108
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

It gets author interference... so no.
Old 2011-02-04, 16:05   Link #109
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Houki got some major points ahead from other girls. I mean, she manage to get the princess-carry and the feeding. That's 2 and if you could also consider her confession then that's 3. Well, she seems to be enjoying the treatment Ichika is giving her despite that the man himself is obviously dense about it.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2011-02-04, 16:24   Link #110
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Thoughts:
- I see Ichika's been training to be a harem lead for a while.
- Though the teacher fell from above, Ichika was on her with his hand on her boob. Must be an advanced technique from aforementioned training. I can see why he dropped Kendo.
- Wait... that teacher's actually a good flyer. Therefore, that fall must have been an act. Targeted at Ichika. Hm... sensei + megane + dojikko. Chifuyu's right, teachers are indeed powerful.
- Ah, traditional British cooking. Once tasted, never forgotten.
Old 2011-02-04, 16:27   Link #111
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So Ran did a 180 faster than Cecilia. Her brother noticed how dense Ichika is.

Didn't think Houki would be direct with going out with him, funny how the rumor spread to anyone who wins goes out with Ichika.

So i'm suspecting Charles is actually a guy for many reasons, and that fast change was the best part. Seemed like Charles didn't like the comment about being high-class.

Chifuyu being an instigator with Rin and Cecilia was surprising. How does Yamada fall on Ichika and still land on the bottom to get groped? Awesome when she proved that she was a former representative candidate, didn't think she would have been that good.

Houki got a leg up on everyone, the legendary princess carry and being fed by Ichika.

Laura is interesting. I wonder what her relationship is with Chifuyu. Maybe she was taught by her. That slap was great, maybe it knocked some sense into Ichika.
Old 2011-02-04, 16:45   Link #112
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
That is so unthinkable, and so WRONG on many levels.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-02-04, 16:50   Link #113
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
- I see Ichika's been training to be a harem lead for a while.
He has every possible trait for a harem lead that I can imagine.

Quote:
- Though the teacher fell from above, Ichika was on her with his hand on her boob. Must be an advanced technique from aforementioned training. I can see why he dropped Kendo.
Ichika sure does know the ways around the rope apparently...

Quote:
- Wait... that teacher's actually a good flyer. Therefore, that fall must have been an act. Targeted at Ichika. Hm... sensei + megane + dojikko. Chifuyu's right, teachers are indeed powerful.
Or maybe it was actually part of a strategy to aggravate her opponents and made them lose their cool o.o? Then proceeded with beating them up badly to demonstrate that you don't mess with the teachers, or they will do that to you.
Old 2011-02-04, 16:57   Link #114
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
The best way to defeat an opponent is to, of course, get them to underestimate you. And acting like a buffoon is very effective in accomplishing that.
Old 2011-02-04, 16:59   Link #115
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
He has every possible trait for a harem lead that I can imagine.

Or maybe it was actually part of a strategy to aggravate her opponents and made them lose their cool o.o? Then proceeded with beating them up badly to demonstrate that you don't mess with the teachers, or they will do that to you.
I wish the denseness wouldn't be part of an 'usual trait'.

Pretty sure Megane-sensei is just really clumsy. Dojikko time! And if anything, Chifuyu is the one who wanted to tell the girls not to mess with the teachers: "From now on show some respect."
Old 2011-02-04, 17:02   Link #116
chiisai-tama
Minami lovers

yeah , a good episode , the teacher fall part was awesome XD

but , i just want to say , there's no accent in the way they speak , i mean , Cécilia don't speak like a Brit , the same things for Rin , Charles and Laura. It must be hard for the dubbers.

Laura didn't make a good first-impression
Old 2011-02-04, 17:45   Link #117
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiisai-tama View Post

but , i just want to say , there's no accent in the way they speak , i mean , Cécilia don't speak like a Brit , the same things for Rin , Charles and Laura. It must be hard for the dubbers.

Depends... Maybe she's working on the theory that "the most tsundere wins".
Old 2011-02-04, 18:51   Link #118
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
What doesn't make sense though is the part where Chifuyu said, "Respect your teacher from now on."

I mean did I miss something but I don't recall Rinn or Cecilia insulting or disrepecting the teachers.

Quote:
- Ah, traditional British cooking. Once tasted, never forgotten.
I actually find British food not too bad. The thing I find with the British is that while their food is subpar the ingredients they use are excellent and more than make up for it. At least that's how I found it while living in London.

Though I'm afraid that there are things the show is throwing at us that are lacking in details.

Quote:
Houki got some major points ahead from other girls. I mean, she manage to get the princess-carry and the feeding. That's 2 and if you could also consider her confession then that's 3. Well, she seems to be enjoying the treatment Ichika is giving her despite that the man himself is obviously dense about it.
Oh please.

If you want to get major points from the other girls dress up as a guy and Ichika will be ALL OVER YOU. There's no way a 15 year old boy would not blush at anything he's doing with the girls unless he was gay.

It's like that movie Boys don't cry except the other way around...
Old 2011-02-04, 19:01   Link #119
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiisai-tama View Post

Anyone who commits unwarranted acts of violence towards Ichika is okay in my book. I may as well enjoy her before the Harem Effect reduces her IQ by half as it has for the other girls.
Old 2011-02-04, 19:14   Link #120
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Depends... Maybe she's working on the theory that "the most tsundere wins".
I figure the term tsundere is used for so many girls now... I just hope Laura's strict attitude will hold up as long as possible. I mean, that's what's hot about these kind of chars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I mean did I miss something but I don't recall Rinn or Cecilia insulting or disrepecting the teachers.
While the line was only heard by Cecilia and Rin, I guess the purpose was to show the whole class that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. And of course, basically used for a demonstration of maybe a higher level fight.

Quote:
I actually find British food not too bad.
Different people, different tastes.

Quote:
Though I'm afraid that there are things the show is throwing at us that are lacking in details.
Agreed but I'd like to believe that most of those are rather subtle.