AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-23, 21:55   Link #121
aorta

The 2nd song on the single is cute. Something about knee socks.

The off vocal version of the OP is pretty weird. Can't wait for the fan remixes.
Old 2007-05-24, 01:42   Link #122
cardslash02

Well I did my part for the otaku campaign and went and bought it on Wednesday in the DenDen Town Animate. It was kinda funny that they were blasting it all over the store from mulitple directions, so it was on continual offset repeat. I must admit being surprised at the significant difference between the CD lyrics and the 2ch ones. The full version is also not as good as I thought it was going to be, but oh well.

Oricon #1 wo Mezase!!!!!!
Old 2007-05-24, 06:54   Link #123
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka-yuki View Post
Getting the OP from Amazon today
You mean it's shipping, or you're ordering it? I ordered mine April 15th, but I still got an e-mail from them yesterday saying it's been delayed due to the CD's popularity. (Not that I mind, because it wouldn't have shipped until the 30th anyway - it's bundled in with an order for Marimite, which you have to admit is kind of ironic...).
Old 2007-05-24, 11:12   Link #124
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by krln99 View Post
http://www.oricon.co.jp/

It scored #3 for the day. I don't see it scoring #1 for the week because the popular boyband V6 also released on the same day. I do see it possibly rising to #2, though, which would be outstanding for an anime OP not sung by a major artist.
Well apparently it's in #7 now. It did beat Haruhi though. Come to think of it, isn't V6 the group that did the Inuyasha opening them Change The World. Do they have that many groupies?
Old 2007-05-24, 12:02   Link #125
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

It's interesting to learn how this works. The chart where Motteke was #3 was dated Tuesday. The #7 day is dated Wednesday, the day of the Akihabara "Motteke Festival." I guess it just goes down from here, but we'll see. The #1 song by V6 sold 16,600 units Tuesday and 9,900 Wednesday. Motteke sold 5600 Tuesday and the number wasn't reported for Wednesday. Only two of Wednesday's top ten songs were not Wednesday releases.

Whatever the case, getting as high as #3 is outstanding. I'll bet the seiyuus are thrilled to see their names so high on the charts (the singers are all given by character and seiyuu name). KOTOKO's Hayate OP was released the same day and "only" reached #6, then dropped to #9.

Fukuhara Kaori (Tsukasa) and Katou Emiri (Kagami) both have pieces in their blog about the release.

V6, the #1 song's artists, are, have been around for 11 years and have had 31 singles and 9 albums. Of those, 15 singles and 8 albums have reached #1. So I guess they're fairly popular.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-05-24, 12:30   Link #126
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
It's interesting to learn how this works. The chart where Motteke was #3 was dated Tuesday. The #7 day is dated Wednesday, the day of the Akihabara "Motteke Festival." I guess it just goes down from here, but we'll see. The #1 song by V6 sold 16,600 units Tuesday and 9,900 Wednesday. Motteke sold 5600 Tuesday and the number wasn't reported for Wednesday. Only two of Wednesday's top ten songs were not Wednesday releases.

Whatever the case, getting as high as #3 is outstanding. I'll bet the seiyuus are thrilled to see their names so high on the charts (the singers are all given by character and seiyuu name). KOTOKO's Hayate OP was released the same day and "only" reached #6, then dropped to #9.

Fukuhara Kaori (Tsukasa) and Katou Emiri (Kagami) both have pieces in their blog about the release.

V6, the #1 song's artists, are, have been around for 11 years and have had 31 singles and 9 albums. Of those, 15 singles and 8 albums have reached #1. So I guess they're fairly popular.
Hayate didn't have a massive fan and industry campaign to promote it though so it had a handicap vs Sailor Fuku. They also seemed to have forgone a 1 Disc Per Customer Policy, which kind of sucks for people who went to get the disc and saw it was sold out because some guy bought like 12 of them in one go just before they got there. The buying frenzy seemed to outweigh peoples collective desire to enjoy the music.

Anyway I wonder if they ponder their place on the chart on the blogs. I'm sure they are happy, but I also wonder if there's any doubt in their minds as to whether it was the fact that people enjoyed their music or the Otaku campaign that earned them the spot.

Well I read the blog through a translator and it seems that they are just mentioning that it was out and they talked a little bit about the song from their end.
Old 2007-05-24, 12:56   Link #127
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Hayate didn't have a massive fan and industry campaign to promote it though so it had a handicap vs Sailor Fuku. They also seemed to have forgone a 1 Disc Per Customer Policy, which kind of sucks for people who went to get the disc and saw it was sold out because some guy bought like 12 of them in one go just before they got there. The buying frenzy seemed to outweigh peoples collective desire to enjoy the music.

Anyway I wonder if they ponder their place on the chart on the blogs. I'm sure they are happy, but I also wonder if there's any doubt in their minds as to whether it was the fact that people enjoyed their music or the Otaku campaign that earned them the spot.
You know, Kaioshin, sometimes your constant negativity makes me so mad. (Especially since there is always a smidgen of truth in what you say.) However, consider the facts that (1) Hayate is a weekend morning anime with (2) a top cast and (3) has the best-known anime singer doing its OP. In addition, (4) part of the PV was featured yesterday on Oricon's front page: in fact it may have had bigger publicity than Motteke. This all gives it a big advantage over a midnight anime with only one known cast member, and which elicited strong negative opinion when it first aired. The fact is that the excellence of the show has won a lot of people over, as has the uniqueness of the OP.

If I were the seiyuu, I wouldn't care a whit whether the otaku campaign helped me. I'd realize that my own performance in the anime helped stimulate the campaign, for one thing. And professionals don't have time for worrying how they succeeded, they are just focussed on succeeding. This is not some academic game for them, but their real lives. You often make statements of this kind, and they always seem completely beside the point to me, just a way of finding negativity in something positive. That also goes for your hint that V6 wasn't very popular. I noticed that you didn't comment on the stats I gave that seemed to indicate it was very popular, but just sought some other way of denigrating the LS seiyuus' achievement. I'm not saying not to do that, just saying that it makes me mad, lol.

None of the seiyuus has yet commented on the Oricon chart.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-05-24, 13:33   Link #128
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
You know, Kaioshin, sometimes your constant negativity makes me so mad. (Especially since there is always a smidgen of truth in what you say.) However, consider the facts that (1) Hayate is a weekend morning anime with (2) a top cast and (3) has the best-known anime singer doing its OP. In addition, (4) part of the PV was featured yesterday on Oricon's front page: in fact it may have had bigger publicity than Motteke. This all gives it a big advantage over a midnight anime with only one known cast member, and which elicited strong negative opinion when it first aired. The fact is that the excellence of the show has won a lot of people over, as has the uniqueness of the OP.

If I were the seiyuu, I wouldn't care a whit whether the otaku campaign helped me. I'd realize that my own performance in the anime helped stimulate the campaign, for one thing. And professionals don't have time for worrying how they succeeded, they are just focussed on succeeding. This is not some academic game for them, but their real lives. You often make statements of this kind, and they always seem completely beside the point to me, just a way of finding negativity in something positive. That also goes for your hint that V6 wasn't very popular. I noticed that you didn't comment on the stats I gave that seemed to indicate it was very popular, but just sought some other way of denigrating the LS seiyuus' achievement. I'm not saying not to do that, just saying that it makes me mad, lol.

None of the seiyuus has yet commented on the Oricon chart.
I would have looked at the stats, but there is not enough information to comment on, thus it's to early to tell. Once there are Wednesday figures for Sailor Fuku, I can look at them.

There's an even larger picture I want to look at, but maybe it would be best if I didn't as it might come across as negative. There are a lot of things I could be discussing on this particular subject that I won't because I don't think people will be comfortable with hearing them.

I will add just one thing and that is that we don't entirely know what stimulated the campaign. Reading the Otaku mindset as somebody said is very difficult and confusing, it could very well be that they enjoy the anime, but it could also be something else entirely to go along with that enjoyment that sparked the drive and gave it steam. (Damn, I keep doing this and there's no way to make it not look like I'm undermining things). As for the uniqueness of the opening, nowadays yes, back in the day though I can remember this. I like both this song and the Lucky Star song. I'm pretty sure Ultra Relax was the forefather of Hare Hare Yukai and Motekke Sailor Fuku.

If I were a successful musician though, I would ponder both my success and how it was achieved, but maybe that's because I think to hard about things. It's not that they don't deserve a lot of credit for scoring a hit, but I think there is a lot more to it that bears discussion. Though maybe I oughta do a little Les Thinkin and a little more relaxin.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-24 at 13:46.
Old 2007-05-24, 14:22   Link #129
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
If I were a successful musician though, I would ponder both my success and how it was achieved, but maybe that's because I think to hard about things. It's not that they don't deserve a lot of credit for scoring a hit, but I think there is a lot more to it that bears discussion.
What is it with you and conspiracy theories?
Quote:
Though maybe I oughta do a little Les Thinkin and a little more relaxin.
Or to put it another way: "Don't worry, be happy!"

Old 2007-05-24, 15:40   Link #130
Baka-yuki
Lucky Bibliomaniac

Send a message via AIM to Baka-yuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
You mean it's shipping, or you're ordering it? I ordered mine April 15th, but I still got an e-mail from them yesterday saying it's been delayed due to the CD's popularity. (Not that I mind, because it wouldn't have shipped until the 30th anyway - it's bundled in with an order for Marimite, which you have to admit is kind of ironic...).
Buying, I was finally able to order a copy. I just hope it isnt delayed. Haven't gotten that email. Yet.
Old 2007-05-24, 19:57   Link #131
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
What is it with you and conspiracy theories?
Or to put it another way: "Don't worry, be happy!"

Or. in other words,

Spoiler for visual representation:

Old 2007-05-24, 20:31   Link #132
Michael Hopcroft
Embarrassed!

Send a message via AIM to Michael Hopcroft
The line "Education! Love is ABC!" is extremely dirty (and thus very Kona-chan) in this context.

Heck, it's dirty is just about any context.
Old 2007-05-24, 21:43   Link #133
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hopcroft View Post
The line "Education! Love is ABC!" is extremely dirty (and thus very Kona-chan) in this context.

Heck, it's dirty is just about any context.
Forgive my naivetés, but I can't manage to twist my brain around enough to make this dirty.
Old 2007-05-24, 21:49   Link #134
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Forgive my naivetés, but I can't manage to twist my brain around enough to make this dirty.
Same... Feeling like Tsukasa at the moment.

(When I see "ABC"... I think of "Already Been Chewed".)

Last edited by Risaa; 2007-05-24 at 23:34.
Old 2007-05-24, 23:29   Link #135
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Another piece on Akiba Blog, with pictures, about sales of Motteke. They say that some stores sold out and got restocked. Another blog suggests that, as FatPianoBoy said about HareHareYukai, the lack of stock contributed to the drop in sales from Tuesday to Wednesday. We'll see how things go tomorrow. Over the past couple of hours, Motteke has been the top, then the second-best seller on Amazon Japan.

The Akiba Blog post says that Motteke sold 4000 units in two particular stores in Akihabara on its opening day, almost double the 2200 that HareHareYukai sold.

A post on 2channel makes me more sure that KOTOKO's OP for Hayate actually got more commercial publicity than Motteke: the poster said he went to Karaoke and the Hayate song was available, but not the Lucky Star song. KyoAni seem to have mastered viral advertising, as someone said a while ago.

By the way, the KOTOKO PV, which is on Oricon's front page right now, is pretty entertaining. Good cuts and good dancing. I'm not a huge fan of the singer, but she's okay, too.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-05-25 at 00:38.
Old 2007-05-25, 04:41   Link #136
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I was sure that someone more knowledgeable in the Japanese language (I know zilch, or close to it anyway) was going to answer soon, but so far no answers, so here goes.

To those who haven't been exposed to it, ABC is the Japanese equivalent of the 'four bases' in the western world. Basically, its a euphemised way of describing how far one is in a relationship. My memory is pretty hazy on this one (I haven't come across it in at least a year or two), but IIRC it's exactly what the baseball one stands for except for leaving out third base. (A = 1st, B=2nd, C=home run)

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2007-05-25, 04:56   Link #137
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

er... what is the song for the initial D lucky star?
Old 2007-05-25, 10:46   Link #138
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Motteke is back up to #5 in the charts for Thursday. So Tuesday #3, Wednesday #7, Thursday #5. The Hayate OP is down to #10 (so 6-9-10), with its PV still prominently displayed on the Oricon charts' front page.
Old 2007-05-25, 11:17   Link #139
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

DragoonKain3 is indeed correct... but I wasn't going to answer til I had some reference --- oddly enough, I haven't spotted a reference to cite outside of a book on Japanese slang.
Old 2007-05-25, 11:29   Link #140
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
To those who haven't been exposed to it, ABC is the Japanese equivalent of the 'four bases' in the western world. Basically, its a euphemised way of describing how far one is in a relationship. My memory is pretty hazy on this one (I haven't come across it in at least a year or two), but IIRC it's exactly what the baseball one stands for except for leaving out third base. (A = 1st, B=2nd, C=home run)
Ah, thank you. Now I fail to see how that is *extremely* dirty (I don't consider the baseball euphemism dirty), but I guess that's just me.
Closed Thread