AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-30, 18:13   Link #401
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanca View Post
A new gift for Shoko x L-elf fans:

In VVV's 1st Official Fan Book (published today), Okouchi sensei answer positively about the question regarding the possibility for their pairing:

Q:エルエルフは?ショーコにからみませんか?

A:ショーコはいいですよね。エルエルフの想像を飛び越えてくる感じが。

恋愛の始まりが驚きであるならば彼女以上の相手はいないと思います。

それに彼女のやってきたことをエルエルフは彼なりに認めていると思うし。

Whether they'll really happen or not, this shows that the staffs do know and acknowledge the chemistry and potential for that pairing. L-elf's VA himself, Kimura Ryohei also a fan of Shoko-L elf's interactions
Even without this it pretty much a guaranteed L-elf x Shoko end-game couple. Haruto x Shoko ship was completely and utterly sunk in season 1.
Old 2013-08-30, 18:51   Link #402
Kurohane

While its true it backtracked, it hasn't been sunk. . . yet.
Old 2013-08-31, 06:03   Link #403
amethystjewel

Quote:
A new gift for Shoko x L-elf fans:

In VVV's 1st Official Fan Book (published today), Okouchi sensei answer positively about the question regarding the possibility for their pairing:

Q:エルエルフは?ショーコにからみませんか?

A:ショーコはいいですよね。エルエルフの想像を飛び越えてくる感じが。

恋愛の始まりが驚きであるならば彼女以上の相手はいないと思います。

それに彼女のやってきたことをエルエルフは彼なりに認めていると思うし。

Whether they'll really happen or not, this shows that the staffs do know and acknowledge the chemistry and potential for that pairing. L-elf's VA himself, Kimura Ryohei also a fan of Shoko-L elf's interactions
I'm happy with this. It gives me a bit of hope on who Shoko might end up with. Anyway, I also don't mind if she ends up with Haruto (chances are slim). But I'm a bit bias towards l-elf x shoko pairing.
Old 2013-08-31, 09:06   Link #404
Fjoergyn

No wonder L-Elf x Shoko. Already presentia when the child appeared
Old 2013-08-31, 10:17   Link #405
vanca

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Even without this it pretty much a guaranteed L-elf x Shoko end-game couple. Haruto x Shoko ship was completely and utterly sunk in season 1.
Hmmm I don't think so. While it's true there has been no further progression and both keeping big secret from each other, but both did it for the sake of each other. They still firmly in love and care for each other, both can do anything for each other's sake, therefore their ship it's still sailing. Their bond is one of strongest in animes osananajimi's trope. I can imagine that even if they won't be together, they'll still forever very close. I'm not even their shipper, but I acknowledge things that are there.

Last edited by vanca; 2013-08-31 at 10:35.
Old 2013-08-31, 10:27   Link #406
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Hmmm I don't think so. While it's true there has been no further progression and both keeping big secret from each other, but both did it for the sake of each other. They still firmly in love and care for each other, both can do anything for each other's sake, therefore their ship it's still sailing. Their bond is one of strongest in animes osananajimi's world. I'm not even their shipper, but I acknowledge things that are there.
Haruto is the one who loved Shoko, we don't know yet about Shoko's feeling. But the pairing could still happened ONLY if Haruto had a ball of steel, which we unfortunately know he doesn't.
Old 2013-08-31, 10:33   Link #407
Fjoergyn

Destined_Fate you will have an orgasm with the news. Haruto's relationship and Shoko is confusing and has been affected. Although many do not like this she will go with L-Elf
Old 2013-08-31, 11:27   Link #408
vanca

Smile

Quote:
Haruto is the one who loved Shoko, we don't know yet about Shoko's feeling. But the pairing could still happened ONLY if Haruto had a ball of steel, which we unfortunately know he doesn't.
Yes Shoko is more subtle about her feelings and never shows any jealousy (quite rare trait in anime where girls often more clear about their feelings. But then, Shoko is irregular in many things. She even defies usual genki girl tropes). But I think it's clear she cares for Haruto, understand him very well that sometimes Haruto himself surprised. And most obvious of all, she already deciding she want to confess, in the election.

No matter whether the pairing will happen or not, as long as one or both still have feelings for each other and both haven't tied to other people yet, the ship's still sailing. As for Haruto's balls, well, the less said the better
Old 2013-08-31, 22:17   Link #409
amethystjewel

Quote:
Really? I thought it was pretty obvious that Shoko does reciprocate Haruto's feelings judging from her reactions like blushing and stuff.
Old 2013-09-01, 00:58   Link #410
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I think it's far, far too early to say that Shoko and Haruto are 100% sunk and Shoko and L-elf are 100% going to happen. Tha sort of thing is just wishful thinking right now. It's canon that Haruto loves Shoko, and Shoko is heavily implied to reciprocate. Whereas there are currently no indications that Shoko and L-elf are attracted to each other in canon. Doesn't mean the latter couldn't happen, though; personally I think they could work rather well together. It just hasn't happened yet. It seems that Okouchi also thinks they have potential, and as the series composer and one of the script writers he should know.

Though on balance I think Valvrave disappointed me, I'm really looking forward to Shoko's evolution as a leader in the second half of the series. I'm sure she's going to be formidable whether she ends up good or evil, but the hints that she might have started up the evil empire thing in Saki's flash forward is a bit concerning. Oh well, I bet she'd make a great dark lord too.
Old 2013-09-01, 01:46   Link #411
Key Board
Carbon

the issue isn't whether or not they have crush for each other
the issue is that Haruto is turning out to be a different person than the boy Shoko used to love. And I'm not just talking about a physical change.
the issue is they are keeping secrets from each other
the issue is that he killed her father and that's going to make him feel terrible about it. (even though it's not his fault)
the issue is he had sex with Saki and that's going to to make her feel terrible about things (even though it's also not his fault)
the issue is they are probably going to continue keeping secrets from each other until it piles up, explodes and does irreparable damage
the issue is they'll be preoccupied with their new roles and be molded by it. Haruto is going to spend more time with Saki. Shoko is going to spend more time with L-Elf
and at the end of all of this, they're going to ask each other "who are you? and what happened to the person I know?"
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-09-01, 02:11   Link #412
amethystjewel

Well, the events that took place last season had a huge impact on their relationship. I mean, I'm looking forward to how well Shoko deal with Haruto knowing that he unknowingly killed her father. I mean, even though you have hots for the guy, killing someone important to you will cause some distance. *sighs* Shoko's relationship is really hard to predict, whether it's L-elf or Haruto.
Old 2013-09-01, 03:23   Link #413
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
and at the end of all of this, they're going to ask each other "who are you? and what happened to the person I know?"
That's quite likely. It's possible they may be able to get through the situation, but they've got hurdles there that will be hard to overcome unless they start talking to each other. (Although Valvrave being Valvrave, I don't trust it to follow any sensible pattern...and it's fairly normal for a series to throw obstacles at relationships.)
Old 2013-09-01, 08:17   Link #414
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
I'm sure she's going to be formidable whether she ends up good or evil, but the hints that she might have started up the evil empire thing in Saki's flash forward is a bit concerning. Oh well, I bet she'd make a great dark lord too.
Shoko is so damn unfair. Her actions are unpredictable--still anyone can predict that she's apt to do something that defies the law of casualty--it's just that Shoko has her ways. Dark lord. . . . XD maybe the empire that might have been created by Shoko could be the united alliance of the human race, and Saki, if ever persuaded to side with the magius, must have joined the council. However, it doesn't mean that neither Shoko nor Saki will become an enemy.
Old 2013-09-01, 18:37   Link #415
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
Destined_Fate you will have an orgasm with the news. Haruto's relationship and Shoko is confusing and has been affected. Although many do not like this she will go with L-Elf
I wouldn't go with the Big O with this news but I am very happy that they acknowledge L-Elf x Shoko and that L-Elf's VA seem to like their interactions a great deal. Than there's the whole Shoko being the best candidate for L-Elf's manly love.
Old 2013-09-02, 01:10   Link #416
vanca

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
L-Elf's VA seem to like their interactions a great deal. Than there's the whole Shoko being the best candidate for L-Elf's manly love.
Kimura said he likes L elf-Shoko's interactions at least twice as far as I know. One in Casts' Special Talk CD BD 2 and also in Radio part 10 when he came as guest for Seto (Shoko) and Ohsaka (Haruto). Seto was more neutral but she does say she likes L-elf (not surprising LOL).

Link to Radio part 10:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PXgMyPgkjs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQV--sURvqM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrEaAY13BYI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EeBgs6bvBQ

Well, the performers' opinions never matters much in a show but I know it's a bonus point for shippers if the casts themselves approve it.

About fan book, I honestly surprised with Okouchi. Regardless of what his intention was to gave that answer, he used strong words there, not just vague/tentative coy. Esp. after the previous question where he flatly said "No Way!" to whether Aina loved Haruto, his answer for L-elf x Shoko is interesting. The fact that the question itself get chosen to be featured is something already , esp. given the the presence of Liselotte and subtle notions of L-elf x Shoko.
Old 2013-09-02, 12:03   Link #417
Destined_Fate

Well that is good news than as I approve of them getting together. The chemistry is strong, I just wonder if they'll act on it or not. By "they" I mean the ones that make the final call. It wouldn't be that hard for them to make it a thing but I would rather it be natural and not them compromising their other plans just to appease me or those like me that would love this.
Old 2013-09-22, 14:42   Link #418
Divino

Well there seems to be foreshadowing of L-Elf and Shoko's future relationship(?) in the novels too apparently:

Spoiler for foreshadowing:

I don't really ship them right now. But I don't dislike the idea of them being together either.
Old 2013-09-22, 16:56   Link #419
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

^ I have to say I like the artist who did the novel better than Hoshino and so they went from sharing egg and ham to splitting Shoko in half?
Old 2013-09-22, 18:41   Link #420
Divino

Quote:
^ I have to say I like the artist who did the novel better than Hoshino and so they went from sharing egg and ham to splitting Shoko in half?
He still gave the Ham & Eggs spreech is just this part that was added.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters