AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-31, 18:35   Link #41
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, I'll be waiting for feedback then Or when I have nothing else to download, I might get one more episode. If that's how they market their product, I fear how the actual thing is gonna look Usually, when you advertise, you throw out all the bad stuff and exaggerate over the good You mean these were the GOOD stuff?
Old 2006-03-31, 18:44   Link #42
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Bah, you're all soft.

Anyway, I have a pretty simply criteria for comedy, ie did I laugh, so I don't really care about fanservice and whatnot, provided it works for (and not against) the humour. Girls Bravo, IMO, is a great example of how to do a fanservice comedy. Things like He Is My Master or Okusama wa Joshikousei, eg, are not. But my problem with those two titles (and others) is that they just failed to tickle my funnybone, while Girls Bravo did on numerous occassions.

But I laughed at ep 0 of Joshikousei. I knew it was bad. I knew it was over-the-top. I knew they were talking about the sort of things that would make my mother cringe. Yet, I still laughed. I think it's probably the novelty of seeing anime girls being crass. We've seen anime boys be crass on numerous occassions; it's an old gag now. But girls being crass? I don't think I can ever remember seeing that.

So Joshikousei gets points from me for doing something I haven't seen in anime.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 18:52   Link #43
Juan Valdez

The premise of this show has potential, but I agree that the use of panty shots in ep 0 was a little excessive and gratuitous. And this is coming from someone who liked Ichigo 100%

We'll see though. Looking forward to episode 1. Thanks, LIME, for picking this up.
Juan Valdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 19:07   Link #44
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
Yet, I still laughed. I think it's probably the novelty of seeing anime girls being crass. We've seen anime boys be crass on numerous occassions; it's an old gag now. But girls being crass? I don't think I can ever remember seeing that.
That's exactly why I'll be disappointed if this ends up as Yet Another Fanservice Anime - the manga is insanely funny and crude in the way you've highlighted, but best of all it does it without conforming to fanboy stereotypes (yawn). Realistic or not, it's a refreshing change to see girls portrayed like this
Old 2006-04-01, 04:01   Link #45
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

the manga's fanservice purpose was more to shock than to turn on. the tv series, i dont know what their goal is at this time. have to give it a chance, definately.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 04:51   Link #46
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
the manga's fanservice purpose was more to shock than to turn on. the tv series, i dont know what their goal is at this time. have to give it a chance, definately.
Well I was shocked by the fanservice in episode 0, so it seems to work.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 06:33   Link #47
thomasvye
Delurking...

I enjoyed episode 0; I was kinda shocked by it, but more by the fact that that kind of bluntness about 'ladies things' is still greatly taboo on TV in the UK and so, even though blunt people do talk about stuff like this, you don't see it on TV (especially not with characters of this age!). So it was surprising.

The fan service was blatant, but kind of inoffensive (to me at least) - it was more funny, in terms of 'how many ways can they contrive to show Eriko's knickers?' Spoiler about the episode; That scene with her skirt being customised/cut...O_O those scissors were awfully close. :lol

I don't know quite who it's aimed at though...fanservice, yes, but...I mean, how are the guys going to react to crude and basic girl talk? Guys know this stuff exists, but do they *really* want to hear girls talking about it so openly?

I like it so far though; having the girls being so ordinary and blunt makes a difference from a lot of fanservice shows where their eyes are terrifyingly huge and their vocal range is so high and piercing only bats could properly hear it...

I might well watch it, I think.
thomasvye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 10:53   Link #48
NeoSam

There's a review of the first volume of the manga, here:
http://www.manganews.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1627

Anyway I can't wait for the first episode to air :P
Old 2006-04-01, 18:10   Link #49
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Me too can't wait for the first episode. It is too funny to miss, even if it high loading of fanservices.
Then again, campus fanservices is always welcomed to me.
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 01:46   Link #50
Ebichuman
Ebichu Transform!

I watched episode 0 with no prior knowledge of what the show was about, and I found it highly amusing. It's funny, yet disgusting at the same time. And I must be in the minority for liking all the fanservice. I felt like I was being used as a guinea pig, being tested to see how much fanservice one man can handle before his nose erupts like a volcano. It's so blatant it's almost comical in itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasvye
I mean, how are the guys going to react to crude and basic girl talk? Guys know this stuff exists, but do they *really* want to hear girls talking about it so openly?
Hehe, yes! Methinks this will be a guilty pleasure series. It's sort of like guys that watch Sex and the City, though I know of very few who would admit to it ^^
Old 2006-04-02, 02:29   Link #51
Sakuya
*Artist

Will this series have a general plot or is it just everday comedy like School Rumble and Azumanga Daioh? I guess I will check out episode 1 for now. I'm so tempted by the nice character designs!
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 09:19   Link #52
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbaloom
Care to give a spoiler tag about this "sex diet" chapter?

-gumbaloom
Spoiler:
paTKany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 10:10   Link #53
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by paTKany
Spoiler:

I approve of this series.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 01:26   Link #54
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebichuman
And I must be in the minority for liking all the fanservice. I felt like I was being used as a guinea pig, being tested to see how much fanservice one man can handle before his nose erupts like a volcano.
People are are talking about the fanservice in this episode like it broke records. Honestly, that just isn't true. If you count the panty shots in Koi Koi 7 or Agent Aika, you'll find that it isn't really all that much by comparison.

The reason that the fanservice seems excessive is because of the way it is used. In Koi Koi 7 and such shows, the scene exists for the purpose of lifting skirts. There is no shock value, because that is all that you are watching.

Joseikousei is different because you are watching a serious drama and then all of a sudden you get an inappropriate camera angle. It is jarring when you aren't in "fanservice mode" while watching panties. You get a sense that those panties don't belong. And because they are out of place, they have more of an impact. Each panty shot in Joseikousei counts as 4.3 normal panties.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 02:24   Link #55
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

You mean the part where the girl cuts off the skirts because they were too long and making it show off panties as they walk around the school 'Serious Drama? '

Hehe.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 05:22   Link #56
chessplayer

Wow. If the preview is any indication, this show is going to be absolutely horrible. But knowing me and my engraved otaku personality, I'll keep watching the show no matter how stupid it gets... sigh...
chessplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 06:36   Link #57
shadowplay
passive observer

Well honestly I didn't except it to be THIS trashy, still I hope show's gonna be case of 'so bad it's good' although animation could be better, and direction doesn't seem to be very inspired.

lol@sex diet
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 10:38   Link #58
Arlyn
Moe~ is important!

There must be something about this anime that makes me see something funny on certain, ahem, situations that are not funny at all.

Too bad for the blantant use of fanservice, I'm ok with fanservice. It has a reason, but to defy physics in such a way that even in anime is stupid, that's pushing the line.
Old 2006-04-03, 17:36   Link #59
Ebichuman
Ebichu Transform!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paTKany
Spoiler:
That's not exactly what came to mind when I first thought about what the "sex diet" was, but that's certainly two thumbs up!
Old 2006-04-03, 17:49   Link #60
hi no ken Jebus

Well saw the first ep and yes the fanservice is a bit excessive but what can you expect with a premise like this.

Spoiler:

Last edited by hi no ken Jebus; 2006-04-03 at 18:05.
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen