AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-22, 23:10   Link #961
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu_Hikaru View Post
Just a little clarification here. Is Toa Jin's sister? Shall we add Incest to the already long list of sundry pervertions fanservice here? Or they going to figure out that they're not *really* siblings?
In one of the episodes, Jin's mother is holding his sister as they fall, and Toa swoops in and grabs him.
Not his sister.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 23:16   Link #962
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
And as for onsen on the moon, if the moon is like a dragon's fly away from earth, I still can't figure why don't they just fly back to earth, instead of spending a lot of money getting water there. Do dragons also serve to ferry water?
But kinda makes sense since Japanese love to watch the moon and be in onsen. When we think, it gets to make sense, somehow. I am just missing the rabbit on moon on that one, but never mind that...
Or they could have just blasted a lump of ice from the asteroid belt over to the moon. That way no need to over come gravity.
Old 2007-11-22, 23:45   Link #963
ChibiMenos
Gillian-class Chibi

With regards to the onsen, didn't they imply it was part of a cooling system?

In any case, I suspect that in a closed environment like the moon colony, most of the water would be recycled anyway. So I don't see how the onsen is implausible...I doubt they throw the water away at the end of the day, it just goes back into the system again.
ChibiMenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 00:17   Link #964
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
What I find bad is this Widow suddenly deciding to obey an obvious psychopath like Kazuki. I wonder what the ISDA will do about the two of them.
Well, from what we see in the show, it seems they have something in common and Widow empathizes with Kazuki because of that. I'm not sure if she understands that it's different but I think she realizes how much it hurt Kazuki even though he's psycho. I'm really interested in her because of that. This show puts a lot of lines out but we don't know if they'll pull on it and reel them in. I'm hoping they do because they've laid a lot out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiMenos
With regards to the onsen, didn't they imply it was part of a cooling system?
I'm not very good with techie stuff but when I was translating it, I figured that they were getting rid of waste/ventilation things by using sublimination. The heat and steam that was caused by this was used to heat water hence the ability to create a resort.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 06:12   Link #965
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
Just a little clarification here. Is Toa Jin's sister? Shall we add Incest to the already long list of sundry pervertions fanservice here? Or they going to figure out that they're not *really* siblings?

And as for onsen on the moon, if the moon is like a dragon's fly away from earth, I still can't figure why don't they just fly back to earth, instead of spending a lot of money getting water there. Do dragons also serve to ferry water?
But kinda makes sense since Japanese love to watch the moon and be in onsen. When we think, it gets to make sense, somehow. I am just missing the rabbit on moon on that one, but never mind that...
How bout how is jin still in one piece when the shuttle was blown to bits? or how is it that Gio was an embryo, but then he can suddenly transform into a dragon that has pilot cockpit of a human size inside his guts with advanced super computer? You see, realism is f*cked up in this series. It's as simple as that.

For everybody who said that fanservice ruin this series? What makes me wonder is how can you still keep watching until this ep when previous eps already show that this is a pure entertainment type of show? Don't expect complex plot or anything like that. Oh, and there are women out there that have natural breasts with the size similar to Makina or Garnet. Calling it defect is an insult to the nature itself.
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 06:17   Link #966
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I saw the Toa thing coming a mile away. I thought it could've been her right at ep 2 (or even ep 1's end). Toa coming to the rescue really was too convenient to be arbitrary.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 09:59   Link #967
Hakuryu_Hikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzd0ntkeelme View Post
How bout how is jin still in one piece when the shuttle was blown to bits? or how is it that Gio was an embryo, but then he can suddenly transform into a dragon that has pilot cockpit of a human size inside his guts with advanced super computer? You see, realism is f*cked up in this series. It's as simple as that.

For everybody who said that fanservice ruin this series? What makes me wonder is how can you still keep watching until this ep when previous eps already show that this is a pure entertainment type of show? Don't expect complex plot or anything like that. Oh, and there are women out there that have natural breasts with the size similar to Makina or Garnet. Calling it defect is an insult to the nature itself.
I ain't watching. I just watched ep. 7 cause the idea of onsen on the moon, was like, whoaa... Actually, I *haven't* seen *everything*. But thankfully, I watched yet another episode, and I found out that it *rains* in the moon. I mean, if it rains in the moon, of course there can be an onsen there. My bad! Not only that, but the sky is skyblue. It doesn't matter if there's no air or atmosphere in the moon. All right!
There's the drunk and the sommelier, both consume alcohol. Some people are fine with moonshine and Cobra others will go for other Chateau Lafitte 1968. There's Mc Donalds and La Tour d'Argent... There's the Venus of Boticelli and Dogs playing poker... There's Serial Experiments Lain and well...
If people's beliefs are so easily suspended, I guess good for them. I wish I could still believe in Santa, it's a nice belief.
I was amazed with this thread. I mean pages and pages of boobs. If the story they have to tell here is so important, why so much attention to boobs? What is the point of the story? Boobs? In a sense, most likely. Unfortunately, it doesn't entertain me. It could insult me and irritate me, so I don't watch it. I just read the comments.
Hakuryu_Hikaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 10:09   Link #968
Hakuryu_Hikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzd0ntkeelme View Post

I ain't watching. I just watched ep. 6 cause the idea of onsen on the moon, was like, whoaa... Actually, I *haven't* seen *everything*. But thankfully, I watched yet another episode, and I found out that it *rains* in the moon. I mean, if it rains in the moon, of course there can be an onsen there. My bad! Not only that, but the sky is skyblue. It doesn't matter if there's no air or atmosphere in the moon. All right!
There's the drunk and the sommelier, both consume alcohol. Some people are fine with moonshine and Cobra others will go for other Chateau Lafitte 1968. There's Mc Donalds and La Tour d'Argent... There's the Venus of Boticelli and Dogs playing poker... There's Serial Experiments Lain and well...
If people's beliefs are so easily suspended, I guess good for them. I wish I could still believe in Santa, it's a nice belief.
I was amazed with this thread. I mean pages and pages of boobs. If the story they have to tell here is so important, why so much attention to boobs? What is the point of the story? Boobs? In a sense, most likely. Unfortunately, it doesn't entertain me. It could insult me and irritate me, so I don't watch it. I just read the comments.
Old 2007-11-23, 10:16   Link #969
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
I ain't watching. I just watched ep. 6 cause the idea of onsen on the moon, was like, whoaa... Actually, I *haven't* seen *everything*. But thankfully, I watched yet another episode, and I found out that it *rains* in the moon. I mean, if it rains in the moon, of course there can be an onsen there. My bad! Not only that, but the sky is skyblue. It doesn't matter if there's no air or atmosphere in the moon.
Why don't you try...gasp... to watch all the available episodes before complaining in order not to look totally clueless? If you had actually bothered to watch carefully you'd have seen that the rain and the blue sky on the Moon are not natural phenomena.

P.S. BTW, Blue Drop doesn't shine with total realism either, so I find it quite weird you don't complain that the aliens look exactly like humans in the Blue Drop thread.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 11:19   Link #970
Hakuryu_Hikaru

Quote:
Why don't you try...gasp... to watch all the available episodes before complaining in order not to look totally clueless? If you had actually bothered to watch carefully you'd have seen that the rain and the blue sky on the Moon are not natural phenomena.

P.S. BTW, Blue Drop doesn't shine with total realism either, so I find it quite weird you don't complain that the aliens look exactly like humans in the Blue Drop thread.
I stated that I was just reading the comments. Then somebody questioned me over the moon thing, and I bothered to explain why it bothered me. I had no intention whatsoever to go on, but I felt that I owned an explanation. My bad.
I said it sucked and try to explain why it sucked for me. If you like this show why are you so concerned with my opinion?
As for Blue Drop. It has to do with Sci-fi as much as North by Northwest has to do with espionage. The Aliens there are a *metaphor* used to tell a love story. I think the metaphor is appropriated and very well done. It doesn't bother me at all, because the story is written in such a way that one get emotionally engaged, which is plenty enough to suspend one's disbelief. The well developed characters are more than enough to provide the story with all the realism it needs. It's so good that they can afford to put an animated character doing animation on the screen and you believe that it's a real person doing animation. Isn't that genius writing and execution? They're so sure the story is good that they can play around with the viewer's head unpunished. Micchi is as real as her drawings, and yet you believe that she is a person, because she is like you and me. The character is so well build that you can believe there's such a person like her. Not to mention Hagino, who is an alien, and you can believe she exists. You're led to believe and you pleasantly believe there is one Hagino out there. This is fiction magic, it's the beauty of great story telling. Besides, they don't need boobs to make people pay attention. They can afford to make a show without fanservice. Beat that.
Not only that, but the psycho lesbian there is contained. And the characters here can't even get the psycho gayboy to shut up.
Old 2007-11-23, 11:51   Link #971
Matrim

Quote:
I said it sucked and try to explain why it sucked for me. If you like this show why are you so concerned with my opinion?
I am not concerned at all, I am just pointing out that your opinion is basically invalid since you have watched just bits and pieces from the show.

As for Blue Drop, you should have repiled to me in its own thread or not in such detail, but it seems to me you proved my point that science fiction can be quality even without realism.

Old 2007-11-23, 15:08   Link #972
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Ah, so my guess was right!
Spoiler for Toa in Ep8:

But what really makes me wonder is how Widow is tolerating the attitude of "I am just using you" from Kazuki and what if Gio agreed to return to Kazuki? Will she still follow him?
Anima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 16:51   Link #973
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well widow is fully aware of that imo...and i wont be surprised if she then move to jin side seen as she "likes" helping people so much
the reason why she helped kazuki in the first place was because she found his case similar to hers - and now jin has somewhat the same dilemma (but only if toa decides to play hide and seek again )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 17:36   Link #974
Hakuryu_Hikaru

Quote:
I am not concerned at all, I am just pointing out that your opinion is basically invalid since you have watched just bits and pieces from the show.

As for Blue Drop, you should have repiled to me in its own thread or not in such detail, but it seems to me you proved my point that science fiction can be quality even without realism.
If you want to tell me what to do, please do so without putting words on my mouth.
I never qualified Blue Drop as science fiction in the first place. I could quote some examples of than genre, but I feel like that would be a waste of time.
As for recognizing crap, I don't need to go through a whole garbage dump to know what I dealing with. Smart people will tell you if it stinks like rotten fish, likely it is.
On the other hand, it's understandable that can be comforting for some to watch a show where the psycho has the upper hand is dealing the deck and calling the shots on the hero. The hero is a noodle of a man, but he's still the hero, cause the writer says so. Cool.
Old 2007-11-23, 18:54   Link #975
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
In the moon, as far as human science knows, there's no atmosphere. If you create an artificial one, like they did, and somebody shoots blowing a window, everything that is in that pressurized environment will be fatally sucked into the vacuum. That's how things are, I didn't make then that way. For one things won't go down the drain.
Tricky for characters to suffer explosive decompression when blowing out an interior wall in a large underground facility. Same as when someone shoots through a building wall in an O'Neill coloney, you have to penetrate the pressure containment to cause decompression.

You did notice the city as opposed to the docks and surface facilities were in one or more large underground spaces? Or that one didn't need a space suit to get from the coffee shop to the spa? Or the scenes where characters look down on the city from the engineering gantries in its sky? Or the schematic of the colony during Beisen's speech?

Amadeus shooting out the false sky on the inside of the spa dome wasn't going to damage the pressure seals because he didn't overpenatrate that dome let alone damage the exterior walls of the city outside. He may have compromised the dome as an emergancy shelter if the city out side decompresses but thats not the same. The same for Gio punching through the spa's ceiling.

We've seen decompression on damage to surface facilities in this series during Gio's attack on the abandodned mine on the lunar farside.

From the looks of the cities habitat zone the ISDA may have used a variation on Dandridge Cole's bomb inflated bubbleworld to excavate the site. If that is so the dragons are going to find breaching the habitat anywhere other than the airlocks more than a little difficult in communicator form.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 18:57   Link #976
Matrim

Well, you can twist definition as much as you want but in the end if you ask twenty people, chances are at least 19 will tell you Blue Drop is science fiction. The aliens being metaphors or whatever doesn't make it any less science fiction.

Quote:
As for recognizing crap, I don't need to go through a whole garbage dump to know what I dealing with. Smart people will tell you if it stinks like rotten fish, likely it is.
And I was disagreeing with your opinion that Dragonaut is "crap" where? The point is your argument about the rain and the blue sky was 100% wrong because you didn't bother to watch the whole series. Whether you loved it or hated it is totally irrelevant.

Old 2007-11-23, 20:02   Link #977
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

I decided to wrap my rant in tags, just in case someone hasn't seen episode 8 yet.
Spoiler for 8:
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 04:39   Link #978
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7
Spoiler for Toa's name:
I couldn't agree more! it DOES take balls to do so. The moment I saw the bracelet and figured out from where she named herself, I thought "WTF? you twisted bitch!" I hope Jin dumps her and go with Widow :3

Now that you mentioned it, it even stains Toa's image more. She knew about that mission and yet she chose to force herself on the poor guy (Jin) by kissing him when he barely knows her and giving him hope then abandoning him after he became attached to her. Geez.

But all these events are actually giving me more motivation to keep watching this series
Anima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 12:56   Link #979
mdauben

Quote:
I watched yet another episode, and I found out that it *rains* in the moon. I mean, if it rains in the moon, of course there can be an onsen there. My bad!
Why do you find it so hard to believe that once humans do create long-terms residences on the moon, that they might want to make them as home-like as possible? This isn't a frontier scientific outpost like the Amundsen-Scott Station at the south pole, it's a colony where people live, with their families, possibly their whole lives. There were already some valid reasons given for incorporating artifical rain into the environment of a sealed colony earlier in the thread, and to a Japanese audience an onsen would probably seem a fairly desirable recreational resource to incorporate into a place they were going to live, possibly for years.

Quote:
Not only that, but the sky is skyblue. It doesn't matter if there's no air or atmosphere in the moon. All right!
Which, if you had watched more of the show you would know was a video screen on the ceiling of the dome. If you are going to cover the ceiling with pannels for lighting anyway, why not make them look like open sky in order to provide a more enjoyable environment for the residents? These are all ideas that have appeared in various scifi stories in the past.

Quote:
Unfortunately, it doesn't entertain me.
Which is fine, and you don't even need to justify not liking it. However, if you are going to try and explain, you undermine your argument when your facts are flawed. While there is plenty of things in this series that require a healthy dose of "suspension of disbleief" to accept, I just don't really see anything about the moon colony as being among them.

Last edited by mdauben; 2007-11-24 at 13:53.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 13:13   Link #980
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

On the whole it's unrealistic thing, i got only one thing to say....ITS ANIME. As i said earlier they could make it so the sky is green and grass is blue, unrealistic dosent come into it, its how they portray it.

As for the onsen and rain on the moon, its clear the people complaining about havent watched the episodes properly, sinceif they did they would of seen that it's clearly artificial. At several points we even see the sky changing from sunny to cloudy in square panels.

As for the entire onsen thing, lets face it, this isnt the first show to have an onsen on the moon. Hell we've had them in space ships, stations and in several even on asteroides

as for Toa....

Spoiler:

Quote:
how is it that Gio was an embryo, but then he can suddenly transform into a dragon that has pilot cockpit of a human size inside his guts with advanced super computer?
As for Gio, he wasnt born with the capsule, they had to liberate it from the ISDA. Since Gio and the other dragons are (im guessing) clones of aliens, it's not impossible to see them growing that fast. Also he wasn't in an egg, how many eggs do you seethat can sprout tentacles? I'd say it was more a case of him being in a dormant stage.

Same with the computer, it's aboard the capsule that they liberated from the ISDA, and wasnt a part of him. If you watch the episodes carefully you see Jin jumping onto Gio's back and riding him without a capsule. It's not until they have to go to the moon that they go and get a capsule.

Overal thogh i have to say arguing over realism with a show like this is insane, i mean come on, we're talking dragons here, where is the realisim there? Where is the reali9sm that an alien race is attacking the earth? The entire series is unrealistic, but then it dosent matter cause it's still freaking awesome
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, sci-fi