AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Final Choice: Who's your Favourite Lucky☆Star Main Character ?
Kagami 277 42.23%
Konata 284 43.29%
Miyuki 21 3.20%
Tsukasa 74 11.28%
Voters: 656. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-14, 17:27   Link #181
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
But Konata probably voted for Kagamin~
If Konata couldn't vote for herself, she would proberly vote for Tsukasa or Miyuki, to pissed Kagami off.
Old 2009-10-15, 22:21   Link #182
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
Sorry to change the subject too much, but, in comparing Azumanga with LS as I often do, you don't see such impassioned arguments among Azumanga fans. It seems like a lot of LS fans take things a lot more seriously than Azumanga fans, like character importance etc. Would you agree? Or am I just seeing things? Both series aren't at all serious, but Azumanga does often seem more...whimsical.
In all honesty Jay, all it takes is one really loud idiot to start a flamewar like that. It's not the show.

Also, since I was a part of that flamewar, I would like to specify once -again- that there was no ship-war going on. The aforementioned loud idiot was making the lunatic claim that the staff behind the Lucky Star anime were shippers, and that they intentionally reduced Miyuki's screentime because they wanted to promote Konata x Kagami. That argument was asinine, ignorant, and almost insultingly ridiculous to those of us with any interest or knowledge in the entertainment industry. That is why I shot him down. Not because he doesn't like my ship, but because he was under the impression that my ship (and he was dead serious) was responsible for the lack of Miyuki in Lucky Star. Repeat that to yourself. How can that not sound beyond inane?

Of course, "shooting him down" was about as productive as shooting down a lead brick - it's already hit the ground and it ain't goin' nowhere.
Old 2009-10-16, 00:25   Link #183
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami~n View Post
In all honesty Jay, all it takes is one really loud idiot to start a flamewar like that. It's not the show.

Also, since I was a part of that flamewar, I would like to specify once -again- that there was no ship-war going on. The aforementioned loud idiot was making the lunatic claim that the staff behind the Lucky Star anime were shippers, and that they intentionally reduced Miyuki's screentime because they wanted to promote Konata x Kagami. That argument was asinine, ignorant, and almost insultingly ridiculous to those of us with any interest or knowledge in the entertainment industry. That is why I shot him down. Not because he doesn't like my ship, but because he was under the impression that my ship (and he was dead serious) was responsible for the lack of Miyuki in Lucky Star. Repeat that to yourself. How can that not sound beyond inane?

Of course, "shooting him down" was about as productive as shooting down a lead brick - it's already hit the ground and it ain't goin' nowhere.
But Miyuki never had much of a personality to begin with, so why does it matter if she gets less?
Old 2009-10-16, 13:26   Link #184
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Emperor View Post
But Miyuki never had much of a personality to begin with, so why does it matter if she gets less?
And that was another part of my argument.

You must be able to fathom the level of SAD-Miyuki-fanboy that the instigator of that flamewar was at. It would put many to shame.
Old 2009-10-16, 14:10   Link #185
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami~n View Post

Hmm, it seemed in part like a shipping argument at least in subtext (and perhaps in his mind it was). Maybe I should've left those words out of my reply; it was just sort of a jokey throwaway line, hence the . I'm NOT taking his side, BTW. I just brought up that flamewar to complement the discussion about Miyuki, popularity by numbers, etc, like I would bring up an exterior article in any lengthy discussion.
Old 2009-10-16, 16:21   Link #186
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Quote:
Hmm, it seemed in part like a shipping argument at least in subtext (and perhaps in his mind it was). Maybe I should've left those words out of my reply; it was just sort of a jokey throwaway line, hence the . I'm NOT taking his side, BTW. I just brought up that flamewar to complement the discussion about Miyuki, popularity by numbers, etc, like I would bring up an exterior article in any lengthy discussion.
Most people are bored with Moe girls.

We like Otaku's and Tsuna's (Cannot spell)
Old 2009-10-18, 13:28   Link #187
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Quote:
I don't think you're taking a side. (You couldn't possibly be that delusional. ) I don't prefer to be involved in ship-wars - especially since I know that my favorite ship is non-canon to begin with - there isn't much to argue about.

Your mention of that particular fanboy does bring up the fact that some fans of less popular characters tend to develop a complex. For example, this Miyuki fan was of the impression that he was an enlightened individual because his favorite character was not one of the "popular" ones, and the only reason Miyuki wasn't popular was because everyone else (ie Konata, Kagami, Tsukasa fans) was a sheep. It shows how your enjoyment of your favorite can eventually lead to a perpetual dissatisfaction, or lack of enjoyment for the show in its entirety if you become obsessive.
Old 2009-10-21, 20:40   Link #188
Milu

Konata's my #1, but ranking the other three was hard, especially since all four are so likeable.

Ultimately, for me, the sweet, moe duo of Miyuki and Tsukasa are tied at #2. Tsukasa's just so adorably goofy, while Miyuki is pretty and appeals to my meganekko tastes.

#3 would be Kagami, but that's not to say she's horrible or anything. Her putting up a hard exterior to hide that soft interior makes her endearing... plus those eyes.
Old 2009-11-02, 20:57   Link #189
Electric Moon
Zapped by Magic Moonlight

Location: I'M NOT GONNA TELL YOU WHERE I LIVE, YOU STALKER!! X3
I voted for Miyuki. Gotta love intelligent girls with glasses XD
(Though I don't have glasses myself...)
Old 2009-11-03, 03:52   Link #190
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
*Looks* Ah, I never did vote in this poll did? Well, I've been going through a refresher course of Lucky Star (I only have disc 6 left) and I've come to the conclusion that Hiiragi Kagami is my favorite.

I do like the other three and they each provide something to the show. It's just that in a sense Hiiragi Kagami sort of stands outs.

Second would have been Izumi Konata and then third would be Hiiragi Tsukasa. I guess this makes Takara Miyuki fourth and thus in last place as it were.

However don't think that means I dislike her. I actually do like her, but not as much as the other three.

Also, you can think of it this way. Sometimes the one in last place in show X is still way better than the person who is in first place in show Y.

Actually, if you want me to be truthful it's actually kind of close. On a different day, I might have voted for someone else. I mainly went with Kagami due to her "responses" to the others. That gave her the edge. So you might want to consider it a sort of tie.
Old 2009-11-04, 08:12   Link #191
valkarian

KONATA~

that spunky try all attitude is comepletely the way to enjoy life =P of course thats just my opinion, but at least shes hyper active XD
Old 2009-11-06, 21:31   Link #192
Soelke
Not heat. Photon laser.

It was a close tie between Tsukasa and Kagami, but I voted for Kagami in the end. She's a Tsundere, but not violent or crazy. She's really adorable ^-^

Tsukasa is my second favorite because she's cute and silly without being annoying :3
Old 2009-11-25, 00:33   Link #193
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

For me extremely close between Kagami, and Konata since I really like both of them, but I'd have to say Kagami wins vote for me since she made me realize my weak spot for tsundere characters .
3 would be Tsukasa for sure, since I am not much of a Miyuki fan.
MAL
Old 2009-11-26, 23:01   Link #194
Yoiyumeo
Spiritual Anime Addict

Konata rules, I think she would be winning for all the fans... Looks like 250 other people agree with me too! I like Kagami more because she is like me in a certain way... but in another way, she is the complete opposite...
Old 2009-12-01, 23:16   Link #195
Darker Doom
Advanced Warfighter

this is hard to choose, I love the 4 of them
I voted for Konata in the end, she's so small and cute
Old 2010-01-22, 17:29   Link #196
goodman528

Tsubasa... ... I don't know why.
Old 2010-02-01, 20:36   Link #197
Lost Cause

The Ladies of Lucky Star

Kagami by a mile! I just loved her playing straight man to Konata's otaku craziness! Really though they were all adorable,especially Miyuki and her phobiasand the part where Tsukasa gets her cell-phone had me laughing hesterically! Oh Tsukasa I now your pain!
Old 2010-02-03, 08:26   Link #198
Dark Paladin X

Hmmmmm....how come Yutaka isn't in the list? I mean, she's so cute and adorable to hug.

Spoiler for cuteness:

EDIT: Oh nevermind, didn't read the title. I'd say Konata. Mainly due her hilarity of her personality.

Last edited by Dark Paladin X; 2010-02-03 at 08:27. Reason: read the title of thread
Old 2010-02-05, 21:17   Link #199
Myaaw

Konata for the win ♥!
Old 2010-02-21, 15:53   Link #200
xAnimeJx
Banned

I have always liked Tsukasa for some reason...I have no idea why. o_O
Closed Thread