AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-05-12, 21:58   Link #801
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Miami go through and OKC make a big statement tonight.
Edit: And Chicago advance in 6.
Old 2011-05-13, 22:37   Link #802
yeahitschris

go MEM!!!
Old 2011-05-15, 21:44   Link #803
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Bulls dominate Heat! ;D

Bulls: 103

Heat: 83

that burns

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-05-15 at 22:02.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 02:52   Link #804
Kyuu
=^^=

I am finally looking to start watching Basketball again. Still casually. For the NBA had fallen into a Thug Sport many years ago.

Thankful to the Bulls for cleaning up that image.

DA BULLS
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 12:56   Link #805
yeahitschris

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Bulls dominate Heat! ;D

Bulls: 103

Heat: 83

that burns
you see what WADE said?

DWade on Taj facial: "...A good one...but that's a great ratio for me. 1st time I've been dunked on all year. I'll take my 90-to-1 dunks.."
Old 2011-05-17, 02:10   Link #806
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahitschris View Post
you see what WADE said?

DWade on Taj facial: "...A good one...but that's a great ratio for me. 1st time I've been dunked on all year. I'll take my 90-to-1 dunks.."
Good response.

As far as the series goes, like I feared, the Bulls have so much quality depth. Worst of all, most of it matches up well with the Big Three.

I consider myself an optimist but at this point, I just don't see how the Heat will win this series. The only way I think they can advance to the Finals is if the Big Three put together some amazing performances as a trio but I just don't see that happening with how good Chicago is defensively. Wade and/or LeBron may bounce back in Game 2 but it wouldn't surprise me if Bosh then shrunk into obscurity like he's prone to do. And with the Heat bench usually providing next to nothing offensively or on the boards, that may be too much to overcome for the Big Three.
Old 2011-05-18, 04:36   Link #807
Mentar
Banned

Lord Jesus, seen Dirk's stats from game 1?

12/15 from the field, 24/24 from the line. 48 points. The efficiency ranking just spontaneously combusted.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 06:21   Link #808
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Lord Jesus, seen Dirk's stats from game 1?

12/15 from the field, 24/24 from the line. 48 points. The efficiency ranking just spontaneously combusted.
Barkley called it. 'Dallas will win because OKC can't defend Nowitzki.' And they couldn't. Durant got 40 himself but didn't have enough friends to back him up. Over 50 points from Dallas's bench did the trick.

Things will go as planned in both series until someone loses a home game. Whoever loses first in both series is doomed, imo.
Old 2011-05-18, 07:44   Link #809
Mentar
Banned

I mean, I have to admit that I'm an NBA noob. I don't watch that many games, to be honest. But what really really impressed me was how _intelligent_ the offensive game was, particularly from Dallas.

Example: Post up Dirk. Ask the defense where they'll open up their weakness.

1) Only single-defending Dirk, rest covering the paint normally. Dirk does his trademark fade-away jump shot and scores.

2) Dirk is two-teamed. Someone's cutting in, drawing the defenders, pass back, pass side, and a wide open three-pointer is made. This is what sunk LA.

3) Only single-defending Dirk, rest defending the shooters on the 3pt line. Pick-and-roll with Barea, cutting into the holes in the paint for a layup.

It's really a "pick your poison" kind of game, and they know what they're doing and why. Really impressive. And what I find especially noteworthy that Dirk is making his 48 points not by forcing almost every attack (Kobe-style), but only "when it fits". This dude missed a total of 3 shots the entire evening. I mean, WTF?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 08:40   Link #810
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Oklahoma excels at scoring, particularly with Durant. Westbrook's major flaw is that he's not as good as creating good shots via cuts then dishing it like Rose or Kidd. They don't have the depth that Dallas has yet. Oklahoma got better at defense since the All-Star break but they seem to get into modes where they rely on Durant and Westbrook too much. If you look at a lot of OKC scoresheets, you'll see Durant, Westbrook and one other person doing nearly all the scoring a lot of the time. Their bench is better than most but it can be deficient at times. That game was a shootout and was close. But in the end, OKC have to be able to contain Nowitzki if they have any chance of getting any further this season. Thus far, the only team that has given Nowitzki trouble is Portland, due to having Camby at the rim and Aldridge guarding Dirk. Portland are a very good defensive team but lack offensive firepower. OKC is the opposite. So expect more shootouts but unless OKC get more assertive via Ibaka and Perkins, Dallas could end this quick.

Miami got smashed on the boards. 19 offensive rebounds by Chicago was a major reason in why that game blew out so big in the last quarter. You can't let a team have that many second chances. And they seem unable to contain Deng, who burns them every time they plaed this season. Bosh had a good game but he was the only one for Miami. If Miami are to secure multiple championships, Riley needs to guy buy a proper big man. Anthony has energy and determination but he isn't a scorer and not the ultimate workhorse. And their bench is not firing, which was always a big concern. But when you get three All-Stars, that's to be expected. It is possible to shutdown Chicago. Atlanta didn't let Chicago reach 100 points at all in their series. Miami leaked over 100 in Game 1. They had a bad night. They're not the type to just take it lying down. Atlanta kicked Chicago into gear. Miami aren't done yet but without a dominant big guy, they are at a major disadvantage versus Noah and Boozer.
Old 2011-05-18, 11:04   Link #811
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Right now, how you feeling you were the LA Clippers right now. Back during the trade deadline, they trade Baron Davis and their 1st round pick to Cleveland for Mo Williams, at that time everybody would had through that pick would be in the back since they had the 8th worst record in the league.

So last night, when they held the draft lottery was held, guess who picked up the 1st Overall Draft Choice - Los Angeles Clippers (2.3 %) but since they traded that pick to Cavs, so the Cavs got 1st and 4th Draft Choice. Concidence, hmm I dont know anymore, and I know that Wolves GM is calling foul on this as well.
Old 2011-05-18, 11:13   Link #812
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Right now, how you feeling you were the LA Clippers right now. Back during the trade deadline, they trade Baron Davis and their 1st round pick to Cleveland for Mo Williams, at that time everybody would had through that pick would be in the back since they had the 8th worst record in the league
You would be annoyed.. but you'll feel a lot better when you draft Austin Rivers with the #1 pick of the 2012 draft thanks to Minny.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 11:45   Link #813
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Kyle Irving was the tip to be #1 pick.
Old 2011-05-18, 14:03   Link #814
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

To Cleveland's detriment, with Jared Sullinger returning to Ohio State and (my homie) Harrison Barnes returning to UNC (CHAMPIONSHIP!!) for another year, this is considered one of the worse draft classes in years. But still, I hope the Bobcats can get there hands on Kemba Walker. That guy is a playmaker.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 22:25   Link #815
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Series tied!

I really didn't see Haslem's effort coming and it gives me hope for the rest of the series. Even if he's isn't as productive again, his rebounding and offensive potential will be huge.
Old 2011-05-18, 22:33   Link #816
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Yeah the Heat escaped an I loved watching it! On offense Lebron needs to do more cutting and less ball handling though...He can be a menace without the ball...He needs to play more offball and make that tuff Bull defense react...He's good enuff to get that 1v1 stuff to go sometimes, but ultimatley he's better when he's running around the court without the ball making the D work...
Old 2011-05-19, 01:38   Link #817
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Great game. Miami utterly clogged the pain and made it too hard for Rose and co. to get easy shots. Chicago shot 34% and only 15% from 3-point land. Noah was ineffective. Rose's shooting was poor. Deng couldn't land his long shots. Boozer didn't play much. Only Asik and Gibson kept them in the game. Seeing Haslem back at last was brilliant. The guy is a true workhorse and was a major difference. His hustle and energy lifted Miami. And James decided enough was enough and that he'd win the game for Miami in that last quarter. His hustle to get that shot he missed and push it back in was a gamebreaker. Miami got stung hard in Game 1 and are in the right mode now. They were never going to win both games in Chicago. They needed to win one. They got one. As James said, 'This series just started.' And that's exactly right. It starts when a road win happens. The onus is now on Chicago to get a road win back. But they will have to lift offensively because they are just not scoring enough. And if they were to even make the Finals, Dallas will score even more.

Honestly, I want the 2006 rematch. It would be fascinating. The Big Three vs The True Team. Kidd is running out of time and Nowitzki is in prime form. The Big Three are finally at the right level.
Old 2011-05-19, 01:58   Link #818
judasmartel
*Author

And for some reason, I don't want the Bulls to advance to the Finals as their perfect 6-0 record could be blemished if they do.

Now that Cleveland has the 1 and 4 picks, what do you think do the Cavs need to become a post-LeBron playoff contender. I'm already seeing a Cavs-Heat playoffs matchup in the later years. So much for the hate of LeBron.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 04:00   Link #819
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I think that Cleveland will be in the gutter for long time regardless of who they pick, which is why I'm happy that Harrison Barnes decided to stay a UNC. There are some teams that can draft the most talented players and still suck. Minnesota is the perfect example of this, top 8 picks the last four years, some years with multiple picks in the top 8, and they are picking no. 2 this year. Cleveland got lucky with LeBron, he was a rare entity that could play 4 different positions. Plus, Cleveland is considered one of the most miserable cities in the US, so it's always gonna be hard keeping talent there without LeBron as a selling point.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 22:20   Link #820
yeahitschris

anyone thinks kevin durant is getting "super star" calls?

this one is one of the worse foul calls EVER