AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-13, 11:18   Link #30881
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I will write that in ST (Since Charles is a smoother operator therefore the mission is successful ), but basically, they straying form original path.... that's as far as I can say

@ Eras
No, I think success in I.S. development = given chance for other project, namely other military hardware such as weapons and stuff, not to mention consumer product.

This is the third time I will say about it, I.S. development taking a good portion of income/outcome list, not all of them, but still a great deciding factor. Just look at F-22 and F-35 development, the dollars flowing around like rivers...

Even if say, you lose 5-15% income due to I.S.-related funding being halted, that could easily means dozen upon dozen millions dollars. This before we took the secondary effect regarding the pride of the corporation and trust upon the quality their product. A single digit percentage change in stock market can easily put the corporation into the brink of collapse, an extreme condition perhaps, but far from impossible.
Old 2012-05-13, 11:21   Link #30882
Eratas123

Any chance of Charlotte inheriting the company?
Old 2012-05-13, 11:31   Link #30883
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Thin

Unless somehow no one else is declared legally that they can inherit it, or that nobody else want to.

Spoiler for Lol:

Going to sleep
Old 2012-05-13, 12:55   Link #30884
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Canon statement: I.S. development are expensive.

By this logic, less-wealthy country will have their military under-budgeted. This is why only major countries are mentioned most of the time, and USA, with the biggest ham and beef in their disposal, took a leading role in front of everyone else when it comes to I.S. development.

And yes, we already agree few hundred pages ago that if you put same resources and effort in I.S and conventional weapon, I.S.-oriented side WILL lose in battle of attrition, no excuse.
Kind of hard to say because IS can perform self-repair.... maintenance side isn't much of a problem compared to conventional weapons....Not to mention: there is no problem with energy side either..... (IS can recharge its own power)

A normal tank need fuel, parts and ammo.... which (3rd Gen) IS don't.

Against conventional weapon...... even with minimal budget, IS has absolutely no problem against conventional weapon when it come to resources....

Even though it's development are expensive but considering the effectiveness of Conventional weapons on IS.... To actually develop/build a conventional weapon that can really rival IS is going cost a hell lot more than development of IS....

===

The problem is IS-versus-IS scenario....The group benefited from the battle of attrition, is the third party (fourth party...etc) developing conventional weapons while waiting for two parties(focus on developing IS) to wear each other out.

===

What I am trying to say is: IS's self-efficiency(able to recharge/self-repair) means that it actually don't really need much budget against conventional weapon(needs to make and secure resources....) in the first place... Besides.... conventional weapons are ineffective against IS in the very first place.....

Even if they are, the cost is probably much higher than IS (over long run) because..... worn-out parts needed to be replaced/reload.....etc...

IS development is expensive but the only reason why it is needed is for fighting against another IS.....

Edit:

As much as I hated to admit it.... Super Robot are more cost efficient to maintain than real Robot.... (because....seriously, you don't need much compare to real robot...)

Last edited by agetreme; 2012-05-13 at 13:08.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 18:47   Link #30885
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The problem is Age, you only have so many I.S. at the same cost of plenty of force.

True, logistic choking can give them an edge. After all, I.S. are more akin to tactical/strategic weapon than actual combat unit.

But there's so much you can do with small force like that, and again, they are NOT, by any means, invincible. Period. You just need a bigger boom to do that.

Especially with 10 year experience and twice generation shift, by this point anti-I.S. tactic should be developed already. Instead of going pew-pew like dumbass in canon.

Though it was true, this would make not country, but a whole planet, bankrupt, chances of win is 50:50, a pyrrhic victory or total annihilation for both faction. In military terms "Not worth it"

Military always been about combined arms, and the most efficient solution present in canon: I.S. + conventional weapon.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-05-13 at 19:04.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 20:59   Link #30886
Eratas123

Are common soldiers stilted or have little use now that the IS were made?
Old 2012-05-13, 21:16   Link #30887
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
The problem is Age, you only have so many I.S. at the same cost of plenty of force.

True, logistic choking can give them an edge. After all, I.S. are more akin to tactical/strategic weapon than actual combat unit.

But there's so much you can do with small force like that, and again, they are NOT, by any means, invincible. Period. You just need a bigger boom to do that.
Reminder: There is no cost in maintaining an IS compared to Maintaining a huge army, which requires lots of money.....

The cost came from making the frame(which they already have by now) and the need of developing better weapons against another IS....

But I have to agree with you....

The limited number of IS means that it is possible to zerg-rush IS at the price of "certain disregard for human-lives"....

After all..... how long can a human pilot in IS last before fatigue starts set in? (err.... Excluding White Knight's Core?)

Quote:
Especially with 10 year experience and twice generation shift, by this point anti-I.S. tactic should be developed already. Instead of going pew-pew like dumbass in canon.
I don't think it will be cost efficient (pure "Conventional arms against IS" tactics).... More of a last resort tactics.

Since countries supposedly have IS themselves.... I believe most anti-IS tactics involved supporting their own IS with greater efficiency than their enemies)

Quote:
Military always been about combined arms, and the most efficient solution present in canon: I.S. + conventional weapon.
Agreed. This is still the most efficient solution.....(compared to pure Conventional or Pure IS solution)

Edit:

Quote:
Are common soldiers stilted or have little use now that the IS were made?
Wrong. It is better to use common soldier to kill normal humans than IS..... (because using IS for military violates the treaty). Because of the treaty, conventional weapons are still needed in war since IS can't be use in war....(assuming that they do not plan to violate the treaty)

I don't think North Korea has a problem with that.... (the treaty)
Old 2012-05-14, 04:31   Link #30888
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But there is no need to destroy the IS. An alternative in war is to keep the main forces of the enemy busy amd rush the capital AKA the residence of the sovereign. hold it hostage or utterly annihilate it.

With all the super tech for IS going around, one can assume that the regular military is under-armed. Unlike nukes that erase targets in moments, IS still need time to do their job, particularly against other IS.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 06:27   Link #30889
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Back from another overnight duty. Out of boredom, I managed to sketch:

- 2nd Concept of the Arete.
- Minerva Pallas.
- The Carnage.

Sketches will be up on my DA soon.

Now... questions:

- How heavy is the IS katana?
- How severe would it be to the Academy if they were to lose an Uchigane IS frame but NOT its core unit?
- How much of a boost strength does a human usually exhibit when they're going berserk?
- Can armor be breached/broken by simply punching the same spot over and over with an IS-armored arm/fist?
Old 2012-05-14, 06:35   Link #30890
Eratas123

Katana is probably like carrying 10 wooden swords.

Not severe since it's a mass produced and they could just ask for another.

Usually triple, but it hurts like a bitch afterwards.

Yes, but it's better with a sharp weapon.
Old 2012-05-14, 07:24   Link #30891
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
- How heavy is the IS katana?
Heavier than a barbell, so let's say about 12-15 kg

Quote:
- How severe would it be to the Academy if they were to lose an Uchigane IS frame but NOT its core unit?
The same as a small country losing an F-16. Japan is paying for replacement.

Quote:
- How much of a boost strength does a human usually exhibit when they're going berserk?
3-4 times, mostly the former as eras said.

Quote:
- Can armor be breached/broken by simply punching the same spot over and over with an IS-armored arm/fist?
Laura proved it's possible, especially if your unit is a strength type.
Old 2012-05-14, 07:51   Link #30892
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Quote:
The same as a small country losing an F-16. Japan is paying for replacement.
Err... Considering that IS can Self-repair.... Losing a frame isn't really that serious... the problem is: it also means the unit is out-of-commission for a while....

Edit: Unless it means the core is extracted and the frame is destroyed.... then Japan has to pay for the replacement....
Old 2012-05-14, 07:56   Link #30893
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@age: that only applies to personal units which are the only ones with closed form. non-personals such as the ISA uchigane are limited to standby and have most core features inactive... which includes self-repair.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 07:57   Link #30894
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Age
That WAS what Stratos means

@ Demi
Really? I think the only function restricted is pilot-refitting process, which reset each time it's turned off. (yes, you have to tune it every-time you borrow an I.S.)
Old 2012-05-14, 07:59   Link #30895
Eratas123

Are red and silver eyes rare?
Old 2012-05-14, 08:06   Link #30896
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Silver? More like light gray, and quite rare, though not as rare as green or purple.

Actual red eyes is very pale blue colored by blood-veins, and common in albinos.
Old 2012-05-14, 08:14   Link #30897
agetreme
Just another Idiot

In real life....

Red eyes is due to physical condition such as Albinism or eyes problem.

Sliver eyes don't exist....

====
@ Zero: No, you don't even have to tune it.... it's performance is the same through out.....

Kind of like Iphone in default factory setting without any apps

===

I think I will "upgrade" DreamCatcher.... to smaller size.... and make it as advance and threatening as Bonta-kun.....

Edit: on the plus side: it is less suspicious than a strange looking machine....

Will complete pilot chapter as soon as my exam is over...
Old 2012-05-14, 08:17   Link #30898
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nah, tuning is mentioned explicitly during Houki + Uchigane segments. Using it in battle without tuning is the same as wearing football protective gear without adjusting the knots, there's gonna be nasty injuries and operational dysfunction.
Old 2012-05-14, 08:20   Link #30899
Eratas123

Do blind people really have silver/gray eyes? In media where they're shown, this tends to be the case.
Old 2012-05-14, 08:30   Link #30900
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, it's because their iris is paler than normal, but not necessarily full-gray.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest