AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-25, 22:41   Link #19441
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
I think they refer to the fact that the male gender as a whole would lose if they faced the female's due to the power of the IS. This is once again pointed out in Shadow where some people make the comment and Irish rebukes that fighting them head on isn't the only way to fight a war. As he says: "The bigger they are, the harder they fall."

Also, they were laughing because he offered her a handicap based on the fact that she was a woman and nothing else. This made the class point out the discrepancy between the gender powers in the IS world.
Irish say a lot of things doesn't he?

I tend to treat Irish's comment as his male ego speaking rather than his solider side speaking because it is more geared towards anti-female and IS (in character for Irish).

Cipher's comment on this:

It is impossible to tell who would win but based on cold logic, female has greater advantage due to having advanced technology and brains on their side(Assuming that Tabane is on their side).

Overconfidence goes both way. Once males found a way to defeat IS, their confidence will get in the way.

and

Aggressive Male (action-orientated) is often see as better leader than quiet Male (intellectually orientated. Quiet because they are thinking and not speaking until they are sure about what they would say) (at first....anyway)

Why?

Action Orientated Male: "For all these years, we had suffered enough from those blasted female who had been opposing us! But now is the time for use to stand up against them! Time to get those bitches and put them into place!"

intellectually orientated male:

(Somebody who don't follow the crowd (outlast/loner)): "........let's not do that."
A wet blanket that bring down other's moral. People will hate him until they recognize his ability and realized that he is right...depending on how badly they lose the first battle, it may be too late for a turnabout.

(somebody who follow the crowd): "HELL YEAH!"
Ignoring that warning sign in his head, and fan the fire instead.

Cipher's suggestion: Go along with the females. (Even if they are wrong, try to act as if they are right or act Tsundere about it).

Why?

(in line with his pervert nature)

Edit: Peace time: You get them to believe that you are a nice guy who respect female's right and opinion

In wartime:

(technical) Sausage feast versus (technical) Harem.

Which is better?

If you help the female and they win.... you earn their respect and love and you can bed/score them (and being the only few males that survive the battle.... they need you to repopulate earth).

on the other hand, if the male win....

You have to share...the very few women left alive... and you might have to risk your life (fighting with other males) to mate with her.
Old 2012-01-25, 23:06   Link #19442
Eratas123

@ Treme - Irish says a lot of idiotic things, but he never said he can take them head on. He never once attacks IS units directly (Except for Arachne, and he got owned there) and he's smart enough to know that it's impossible to do so. Also, this is just his anger speaking. He's not the most mentally balanced OC.

Also, it's not a war of the Gender's. Most of the people who hate the IS hate the machine's, not the girls.

@ Senpai - Crossover's can get away with things OC's can't. For example: You create an OC who's a dick to everyone and he'll be insta-hated. Get someone like the Accelerator and make him be a dick to everyone and nothing bad happens.
Old 2012-01-25, 23:20   Link #19443
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, unless you butcher their character.... like what I did in W40K Trouble, though serious Rito and disciplined Yui actually works for them
Old 2012-01-25, 23:23   Link #19444
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Trying to write the Ichika and Irish fight scene and it's being a freaking nightmare. The disadvantage Irish has is hard to write
Old 2012-01-25, 23:25   Link #19445
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I hate IS because....

there is no opening!

Edit: IS-verse revolve around Tabane ("that damn Genius...")

>Tabane literally had control over the IS (being the only person capable of over-technology in the universe. To introduce similar machine break canon.)
>No male can pilot IS (a bug but then again, even the only male who can pilot IS is kind of related to Tabane)
> Tabane is a lone freak who ignore others (the people whom she care about are mostly female... Ichika is only by poxy being related to Chifuyu.....)

The world is sealed air-tight and you have to break the seal (break canon) to introduce a male character.

If you break the seal, you might end up spoiling the food.

If you introduce female character, you need to cook the food with more ingredient... otherwise the interaction with the main flavor can be bland

========
Old 2012-01-25, 23:29   Link #19446
Eratas123

Honestly, the world of IS is interesting, but the canon characters are so hard to work with. I need to make them at least a bit OOC if I want to make them interesting.
Old 2012-01-25, 23:38   Link #19447
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

And I have no reason not to change them because... well, who cares? On;y die hard fans will keep their personality liek that... and as you said, Canon gave us not much.

@ Blitz
I just insert Louise cameo recently, at least add 1500 word into new chapter
Old 2012-01-25, 23:47   Link #19448
DarkJak2050

I'm wondering, does the group that Irish work in have an emblem or symbol? If it does, then what would it be?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 23:48   Link #19449
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Tips on writing fight scenes?

@ Jak - None. They're not even proper teammates since they only work together due to a mix of goals. Irish kills about 2-3 them when trying to stop the bombing.
Old 2012-01-25, 23:53   Link #19450
DarkJak2050

So basically, they just band together for one purpose and when that's done they go their seperate ways huh?

Oh well.

For anyone who has an OC that's in a group or orginization, what would be the symbol or emblem? If they have one.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 23:55   Link #19451
Eratas123

@ jak - More like they all hate the IS and agree that it's better than getting picked off one by one. There's real groups who act like that.
Old 2012-01-26, 00:02   Link #19452
agetreme
Just another Idiot

To introduce male IS pilot, I take advantage of a few loop holes....

>Cipher use Prototype IS core (Tabane's involvement is a late development hence the (female only) bug do not exist yet)

>Joan look so feminine that even IS mistook him as a girl.

>New male character (not Male lead) use Glitched IS core (Re-using an old idea to remind people why messing up registry in your computer is a bad idea, also to create a fridge horror on why Male can pilot IS ...the possibility on why they can pilot IS)
Old 2012-01-26, 00:03   Link #19453
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, in mine there's protagonist organization A.S.D.F., their logo are two pair of wings and Shirokishi's BFS.

@ Age

That's a lot of Idea I can use (with a lot of technobabble, still). I actually use eimilar to the one about registry, with some required software actually missing from the core (the Converter, which as the male implies, convert stuff like gas into flammable fuel or ammo)

@ Eras

have Ichika holdinbg back.
Old 2012-01-26, 00:04   Link #19454
Eratas123

@ Treme - Didn't Tabane make the first cores? They were even ignored till White Knight was made, and they were still female only at that point.

@ Senpai - No advice?
Old 2012-01-26, 00:18   Link #19455
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Detailed advice? Once again, Make irish fight seriously with all his might while Ichika is... frankly speaking only try to protect himself.

EDIT: Ichika might subdue irish once he realizid Irish is the kidnapper...

I.S. core? Thank god I have anticipated it...
Old 2012-01-26, 00:29   Link #19456
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Does steam brn off one's skin if it hits their face?
Old 2012-01-26, 00:35   Link #19457
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes. Nuff said. Steam is basically a boiling water molecule that's undergo a cooling proccess anyway.
Old 2012-01-26, 00:42   Link #19458
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Then I know how to at least make sure he doesn't go down without doing anything. He still loses, though

Side note - Does everyone who train in a fighting style for the first time get cramps?
Old 2012-01-26, 00:43   Link #19459
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, they did. Especially when trainig a fighting stance. That requires you to move rarely and stand still for a long time
Old 2012-01-26, 00:46   Link #19460
agetreme
Just another Idiot

@Zero: Err.... tampering the registry in an IS is a bad idea.... IS can alter human body...

So...

After taking a blow, the IS check to ensure the safety of the pilot... and find abnormality (since the pilot is a male), it will try to correct the problem by turning the Male into Female....

Luckily, it is possible to change the now-female pilot back to her/his original gender (by adding additional line of reverting pilot back to 'original state' at the end)

However, in an event (such as Ichika's one-hit kill) which cause the IS to shut down suddenly(Akin to suddenly switching off the main power supply...of a computer without letting it perform a system shutdown)......

There will be two problems:
1) The Pilot restoration line is not performed

2) There is not enough power to revert pilot back (Due to all energy went into Absolute barrier)

In both cases: the male pilot is screwed and trapped inside a female body forever....

@Eratas: My current explanation is The Prototype core is made together with Male engineers who ran a few system check on their own (test run the suit without female pilots).

White Knight core is special because it is made solely by Tabane without any involvement by others.

Alternative explanation: Prototype IS core can reprogram itself to accept male pilot.... because she is exy of Excalibur(from soul eater.... that damn annoying weapon who can can be used any meister....so long as they can stand him ) and Cipher is the only saint (only when come to woman) who can tolerate her.....

==

Question:

Is it a good idea to let the reader can speculate on the special machine which the male OC pilot?

For them to come up with two possibility:

Mundane

1. The Machine is really just man-made and was hand over to the male oc. (the explanation given)

or some thing absurd:

2. The Male Oc might actually be an alien....

The number 2 appeared plausible in the story because of The male OC's ability to survive in otherwise dangerous and violent situation and came out alive (which most people would hand-wave as rule of funny...but in my story, it is made as a counter-argument against the male oc as a normal human)

Also as a running gag: Served as his berserk button when ever the absurd explanation came up:

Narrator: "He angst about the possibility that he might actually be Time Traveling psychic Alien Parasitic Machine Emperor God from another Dimension"

Oc: "I don't! Stop making stuff like that up!"

Edit:

Ichika play along.... sometimes....

Ichika: "That's Alien Machine Emperor Z for you!"

OC: "I am going to punch you if you say that again"

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest