AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-17, 16:09   Link #1121
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , you'll see later that Full Tank like Shen/Malph/Rammus/Galio... aren't really essential in a team.
Cuz of the Offtank like Irelia/Jarvan/Lee sin/Morde.... they are strong even with tanky stuff. Trinity + WarAtma work like a wonder for some AD offtank.
There's a big difference to a Full Tank who is fed and an offtank who is too.
The full tank will just have tanky stuff faster but still no important damage. Just don't focus him.
The offtank will become more deadly and a threat for the opponent. Even if you don't focus him , he'll rush your carry & kill him then next.
Currently the more viable compo is Top = Offtank , Mid = Carry AP , Bot = Carry AD + Support Jungle = Offtank AD/AP , "Fiddle" and Amumu who is the best tank in jungle.

As they'll nerf support heals , dunno if the support + AD will still greatly works.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 16:46   Link #1122
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Talon's skills :

Quote:
* Cutthroat: An ability that allows Talon to catch his enemies by surprise. Talon leaps behind his target and silences them for a short duration, amplifying the damage of any of his follow up attacks and abilities.
* Noxian Diplomacy: Talon viciously stabs his enemy, dealing heavy physical damage and causing them to leave a blood trail that Talon can use to track them.
* Rake: Talon fans out three blades in front of him that quickly return to him, dealing damage and slowing any target hit in either direction.
* Shadow Assault (Ultimate): Talon enters stealth for a short duration, gaining a movement speed boost and sending blades that deal damage to all enemies in their path flying in every direction. Once the blades reach a certain distance, they pause and form a circle. When Talon reappears from stealth, the blades return to him, once again dealing damage to any opponent they pass through.
* Mercy (Passive): Talon's auto-attacks deal additional damage to a target that is under the influence of any crowd control effect.
To resume , Sivir+Nocturne+Katarina+Vayne = Talon , an assassin type.
Well , wait at least 2 weeks to see if he's viable , cuz lately Riot tend to make underpow champs or at least not good enough to compete the viable champ.
Old 2011-08-17, 20:38   Link #1123
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

You think people don't like to tank? Once you get to 30 where the advantages of jungling really becomse apparent, it's actually much worse. Heaven forbid no one picked tank and jungler lols.

Why do you think I got so proficient at jungle and tanking? I'm more of an AP carry myself (back from Tides of Blood days), but like 75% of my games I have to go either or both jungle and tank that I just got good at it. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 20:47   Link #1124
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

@Skane: If you are on SEA server, then add me, DSveno

Btw, if you are playing normal game, don't bother with tanker. It's an unappreciated job. You jumped in, no one follow, and it's your fault. You don't jump in, your carry die, and it's your fault. You jumped in, and your team lost the combat, it's also your fault. I tend to avoid tanker in Normal games unless I'm playing with friends or someone I know (thank god that most of my games aren't solo).

Tips: use lv 1 rune. They are cheap, and half as effective the lv 3 one, while is at about 1/5 to 1/10 the price.

Btw, Garen isn't a tank, so don't pick him while looking for a tank . I'm saving IP to buy Garen, though. Tried him out while he was free and I kinda like him, although he's one of those "weaksauce" melee champion without gap closing skill and can't really tank.
Old 2011-08-18, 02:48   Link #1125
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Here http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1102898

Check the forum sometimes you can find news like that.
Great... I finally find a champion I really like[Nidalee] after a week or two of playing that I can manage well with in normal PVP matches after some friends bugged me to try this game for a while. And then Riot wants to nerf her heals into the ground, mostly thru absurd mana changes for her, and I have have mana issues as it is with current costs her even with clarity as one of my summoner spells D:.
Quote:
* Primal Surge
**Mana cost changed to 60/80/100/120/140 from 65/70/75/80/85
** Base heal changed to 50/85/120/155/190 from 60/90/120/150/180
** AP ratio reduced to 0.7 from 1.25
A cooldown increase would really make much more sense than this; especially with the spell costing more at rank 3 than it does at rank 5 currently, really? So really hoping they decide againist this in the current form. [the near negative 1400 votes gives me some hope ]

Guess I'll be back to playing ranged-AD carries again until I find something else I like . And cancel my plan to buy Sona until the next patch .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 07:42   Link #1126
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

TB playing dominion. (more of a interview)

According to the official there, they are investing 5 million in season 2 tourney.

Also the map seems fun.
Old 2011-08-18, 07:42   Link #1127
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watched it lol
Looks really fun to play ^^ News summoners (Promotion is back) , news items , unavailable items to balance , new buffs , more fun !
It'll change to 5v5 or 3v3

Yes 5 millions shared for all season 2 tournaments. So for S2 ending , maybe the prize will be 1million.
Old 2011-08-18, 09:06   Link #1128
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

So sad that the best parody song didn't win in Songs of the Summoned 2 because of legal issues.

Some other decent and/or amusing songs that didn't get a mention...

Spoiler for just for space reasons:

Old 2011-08-18, 10:34   Link #1129
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
@Skane: If you are on SEA server, then add me, DSveno ~~
? Is DSveno how it is spelt? Even the profile search didn't turn up your name. Mine is Scarabeus if anybody wants to team up with a newbie.

Cheers.
Old 2011-08-18, 12:46   Link #1130
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Just watched it lol
Looks really fun to play ^^ News summoners (Promotion is back) , news items , unavailable items to balance , new buffs , more fun !
Actually it does look like a lot of fun, triple gold per second, buff points for speed, and an awesome buff that makes you as big as a Cho'gath with 4 feasts! Wonder how big he would get if he took the buff, lol...
One thing I see is that the map favors tanky/disruptive champions, but you get %-based penetration for every landmark you capture, although I'm not sure how it all adds up. That was quite the game, red team came very close to winning...guess 20 mins is truly a lot of time for this type of game.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 13:24   Link #1131
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
? Is DSveno how it is spelt? Even the profile search didn't turn up your name. Mine is Scarabeus if anybody wants to team up with a newbie.

Cheers.
Lolz, sorry. I mixed up my other game's name with this one . The name is Duolis.
Old 2011-08-22, 08:43   Link #1132
killer3000ad

Patch preview. Huge nerfs to heals on Soraka, Nidalee and Sona. Also congratz to CLG for winning Gamescom in Germany.
Old 2011-08-22, 09:23   Link #1133
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah that was an awesome match, HotshotGG's definitely MVP imo. How the hell did he and RainMan farm like, 400 creeps each!? Also surprised at Ezreal's display of skill during the guys vs gals late dominion match. Ofc I suppose that was to be expected by the man who designed both the champion and the map...
Old 2011-08-25, 01:16   Link #1134
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Gold now being 1520, it was much easier to achieve my goal. Here I was being lazy when I stopped at 1500 because I can't play more than 2-3 match a day without forcing myself as I get bored easily. But with the new thresholds, I just needed 2 wins and I got them lols. Thanks Riot for Jarvan skin. ^_^

Now can't wait till dominion, for a change of pace as jungler/tank mains due to force of necessity, because jungling is nonexistent while I don't think pure tanks are going to be that useful in that map.

Old 2011-08-25, 13:26   Link #1135
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah me too i'm gold. Well , I have the Dragon Killer skin. The new Jarvan skin is meh imo but it's free so.
Really riot , new skin for Annie , for Nunu... when for Irelia , Brand , Cass...
Old 2011-08-27, 04:24   Link #1136
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I was away for a few days, so I gotta ask, when is season 1 officially over? Have the rewards been given out already?
Old 2011-08-27, 05:03   Link #1137
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I was away for a few days, so I gotta ask, when is season 1 officially over? Have the rewards been given out already?
Not yet:
Quote:
Season One will conclude with our next scheduled downtime.
Also now shifted to Nanoha, The beame spammer Lux as my main currently doing well enough generally with usage of her skills, still trying with items some since every build I looked suggested rather different builds [Or just Ashe/Sivir if the team needs a carry like that happens much ]. Nidalee I feel dead in the water trying old skill/item build, the heal is so crappy now.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 05:37   Link #1138
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Lux is a safe champ, always sitting behind everyone else, has a slow, a root and a shield, pretty balanced support. Item-wise, I always build RoA, sorc boots, Arc staff, deathcap, morello's evil tome, void staff, getting some pretty high stats in HP,MP,AP,Mpen and CDR. Imo that's all you're ever gonna need as a caster
Currently playing some ranked games, had a very unexpected win yesterday, mainly due to our team comp (Alistar,Galio,Lux,Morganna, Xin Zhao) versus an actually balanced team (Amumu, Kata, Kennen, Garen, Irelia). Although Alistar failed as a tank, and Kata got fed (3/0/0 or so at first TF), I picked up a lot of kills as Galio and managed to carry the team a few towers in.
OTOH, lost a game thanks to a terrible kog feeder (0/7/1 and FB) who wouldn't mid against Ezreal...sometimes I really wonder if 4v5 is better than 5v5 w/feeder on the team.

EDIT: Speaking of builds, how is this for Shen?
Spoiler for build:

I've also tried AP tank, but didn't work out so well...

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-08-27 at 06:31.
Old 2011-08-27, 09:13   Link #1139
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Get Aegis. It really makes different.

Btw, Lux is Marisa.
Old 2011-08-27, 15:49   Link #1140
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Take Aegis , Randuin, Thornmail or banshee instead of Warmog/Atma/Frozen.
Shen isn't a good farmer , Warmog is useless & it costs a lot and + you are the tank.
Atma/Frozen useless items , he doesn't need it. You hit too slow + you are the tank.
Better help your team to give them a good buff -Aegis- & disable the opponent -Randuin- + taunt the carry AD -Thornmail- or AP -FoN/Banshee-
AP Tank = AP , forgive the tank part , you die like a carry. Stun Focus Instant Kill.

Tags
league of legends, lol