AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-19, 18:00   Link #1321
Acer
Death to the infidels!

like everyone, I also recommend you to read the book, several issues, but the main one would be because Touma is a character much more pleasant / smart / badass in the book.
Old 2013-04-19, 18:20   Link #1322
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I've never understood you strange selective persecution of the Anime Touma, what? Do you not like Japanese voices?
Old 2013-04-19, 19:05   Link #1323
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
@ Tusjecht: I suggest you read Index Vol1 first, that should give you a more in-depth understanding. Watch the anime after that.
So, our roles have been reversed...

Kidding. The PDFs are huge but I just got it on my phone, for a start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
like everyone, I also recommend you to read the book, several issues, but the main one would be because Touma is a character much more pleasant / smart / badass in the book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I've never understood you strange selective persecution of the Anime Touma, what? Do you not like Japanese voices?
Hm, tough. LNs are fine with me if they're decently written and translated, but the anime helps me to get a feel for the different characters. Especially when Index is really about only the...seventh or eight anime I've watched. I've got much less experience than you high-level otakus guys.
Old 2013-04-19, 19:12   Link #1324
Goldzero

Quote:
anime touma is pretty good sure at first ehhh but later on he became more likable to the point where you can either like him or hate him. character designs pretty good most of the time. his fight scenes are intense and very enjoyable to watch him interact with other characters. i have no problem with it and plenty of other touma light novel fans either probably.

Last edited by Goldzero; 2013-04-24 at 17:07.
Old 2013-04-19, 19:16   Link #1325
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Tusjecht

Just do whatever you want- different people here have vastly different opinions... Or something, numerous minor different opinions that may or may not be exaggerated.
Old 2013-04-19, 19:52   Link #1326
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

How many episodes cover the content of V1? I need to know when to stop watching and start reading. ( :
Old 2013-04-19, 20:20   Link #1327
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
How many episodes cover the content of V1? I need to know when to stop watching and start reading. ( :
Six episodes.
Old 2013-04-19, 20:39   Link #1328
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
seriously you do not feel anything about it? particularly speaking, I find very boring, empty a character, the anime does not show small details that make the difference for me between like or dislike, such as their struggles in the anime it just boil down to run toward the enemy and hope hit the punch, Agnese vs Touma or Touma vs Oriana, while in the book we see the whole review about this while it form its strategy of action, his relationships with other characters, god, I loved the second meeting with Mikoto in his book , it was pretty hilarious, some comments from him, etc.. summarizing, particularly talking some scenes / comments / actions are taken and that make a difference to me.
Old 2013-04-19, 21:07   Link #1329
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
seriously you do not feel anything about it? particularly speaking, I find very boring, empty a character, the anime does not show small details that make the difference for me between like or dislike, such as their struggles in the anime it just boil down to run toward the enemy and hope hit the punch, Agnese vs Touma or Touma vs Oriana, while in the book we see the whole review about this while it form its strategy of action, his relationships with other characters, god, I loved the second meeting with Mikoto in his book , it was pretty hilarious, some comments from him, etc.. summarizing, particularly talking some scenes / comments / actions are taken and that make a difference to me.

No I don't, because those are still in the Anime just that they aren't spelled out for you in plain words.

So if you don't 'feel' it, then maybe the problem lies within you for not being able to read the scene?

Details will get left out no matter what, this is the same for all adaptations- but you have to be forcing yourself to think he's somehow a different character from the other two.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-04-19 at 21:33.
Old 2013-04-19, 21:23   Link #1330
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
That kind of spoiler is fine so long as you place in spoiler tags who IB was used to null.

Eg.
Spoiler for Touma's first use of IB anime-wise:
That's how.

I feel stupid for asking this last question for the day (julioalgae I swear I'll go watch 3 & 4 when I get home later) but it will be explained why Misaki's tsundere for Touma, right?
Ok small thing the anime did change this from the novel
Spoiler for novel:
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-04-19, 21:27   Link #1331
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Oh yeah, yesterday I found the thread raeging discussing that.

My take on it: I'm not touching that until I complete the first volume of content, or the first season of Index.
Old 2013-04-19, 21:34   Link #1332
Goldzero

i wonder if touma can dodge a railgun i mean sure he managed to dodge it like it was noting when he was DRUNK seems to give him a major boost. but can he actually time the moment when he should dodge it with the help of his precog thats what im wondering.
Old 2013-04-19, 21:35   Link #1333
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
That's a comic scene, not to be taken seriously =_=
Old 2013-04-19, 21:36   Link #1334
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

First law of anime: Anime has no law
Old 2013-04-19, 21:38   Link #1335
Goldzero

Quote:
^
That's a comic scene, not to be taken seriously =_=
i know but im just curious thats all but you gotta admit having touma drunk more often could lead to hilarious situations.
Old 2013-04-19, 22:32   Link #1336
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
i know but im just curious thats all but you gotta admit having touma drunk more often could lead to hilarious situations.
he might given his ablity to
Spoiler for slight spoiler:
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-04-20, 01:21   Link #1337
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
he might given his ablity to
Spoiler for slight spoiler:
sadly though there is only a limited amount of attacks he can dodge which is where imagine breaker comes in handy. even though his main ability is not all that impressive(sure as hell knows how to use it though) he can make each fight unique in their own way and interesting at the same time.
Old 2013-04-20, 04:25   Link #1338
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Oh lawd V1/Ep6.

just... whut.

/feels

So know I understand tsunade's spoiler.

Edit: So a question: How many volumes does Index I cover?
Old 2013-04-20, 04:30   Link #1339
OverNOut
The Obsever

6 Volumes.
Old 2013-04-20, 04:32   Link #1340
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Because I need more than 10 characters.

Right-O.
Closed Thread