AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 29 21.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 27.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 44 33.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 9.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.50%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-03-07, 18:40   Link #201
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Interestingly, Shirou doesn't seem to object as much to Rin's role as a combatant. He probably has a more romantic view of Saber. He certainly seems content with her waiting around the house for him while he goes on dangerous adventures. Rin has also demonstrated to him (dramatically!) that she can make mincemeat of him, and that his best defense against Rin is to run like hell. Shirou will be training with Saber soon. Maybe, if Saber makes his experience with Rin look like a walk in the park, his attitude will change somewhat.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 19:53   Link #202
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
I also think that he forces Saber to stay out of the fights because he can. I'm sure he doesn't want Rin to get hurt(he did take that stake to the hand remember?), but she is a Master in the Holy Grail War, so he can't do much to stop her. On the other hand, Saber is his servant, so he can literally command her to not fight.

And of course, he's in love with her. If that isn't obvious, nothing is.
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 20:13   Link #203
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I gave this episode a 9. If Assassin and Saber had fought more then it would have been a 10.

@ Maids! Maids! Maids!: Yeah, but they are in a truce situation right now with Rin having moved in and took over the household. So, right now she is not a combatant, but more like a surrogate wife.

Shirou was raised that way and Rin explained it the best. Not wanting anyone to get hurt, even if it gets himself killed. So, on the surface it appears to be sexist but is more complicated than that. So, even if Saber wipes the floor with him, he will still want to protect her imo.

I'm watching it for the story, Rin and the Servants (wanna see some great fights!). I like to see strong human female characters. I was interested in Tsukihime first, so I wandered onto Type Moon's site then onto the English fan translation of Type Moon's site and read about all their projects and have been waiting for this anime since it was announced.
I still hope that Planetarian gets to be an anime someday.
Old 2006-03-07, 22:45   Link #204
Fishbait

I love your avatar and sig orion lol.

i'll flat out and say that this episode was good only because of two things:

1. a backshot of rider

2. saber falling after losing those plate armor things

greaaaaaaaaaat scenes, very well done
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 05:11   Link #205
lordjuggernaut
Earl of Yakumon-shire

basket fish bait!!! hehe.....
but seriously.... it has everything to do with shirou's incapability to accept saber as a powerful fighter due to her elegance..... ( she is extremely elegant, like how you would call a romantic view of ladies in the 13th century european culture) err..... all that armour and stuff reminds you of some one innit?...
(if fsn has a strong christian basis... why are more than half the heroes from different mythologies, apparently these animators view it as a fashion...)
lordjuggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 05:17   Link #206
lordjuggernaut
Earl of Yakumon-shire

but seriously.... it has everything to do with shirou's incapability to accept saber as a powerful fighter due to her elegance..... ( she is extremely elegant, like how you would call a romantic view of ladies in the 13th century european culture) err..... all that armour and stuff reminds you of some one innit?...
(if fsn has a strong christian basis... why are more than half the heroes from different mythologies, apparently these animators view it as a fashion...)
Old 2006-03-08, 05:23   Link #207
lordjuggernaut
Earl of Yakumon-shire

Old 2006-03-08, 05:23   Link #208
lordjuggernaut
Earl of Yakumon-shire

Old 2006-03-08, 07:15   Link #209
Schacko

lol

hey, cool, quadruple posting! :3

Btw. I found that on the Interweb - on a site most of us know I guess

I lol'd so much after I seen the pic - no spoiler btw. - someone just edited the screeny

Schacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 07:15   Link #210
Schacko

lol

Somethings wrong with the forums - after "posting" I get a blank screen, then try'd reloding the page - so I got a double posting.
Schacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 08:36   Link #211
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordjuggernaut
Yeah, it seems the real reason why Shirou tries to protect Saber so much is because he's actually in love with her, not because he's a chauvinist. The series gave us many hints for that already:

1* The way he was amazed by her beauty and ellegance (eps.02);
2* How much times he says "Saber, Saber" or spend time thinking about her;
3* He looked hurt at the though Saber could harm innocent people (eps.04);
4* The way he looked to her at the Dojo and when they were going to have a meal (eps.04);
5* He insists too much with the fact "Saber is human" or "she is just a girl";
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 12:31   Link #212
Boukenxha

Well I think the romance is still at a budding stage right now. Therefore, I think a stronger arguement is that Shiro feels responsibility for Saber due to their Master and Servant relationship and because he brought her into the war. IMO this sense of responsibility can also be traced back to the way he treats Saber as a human girl and not a mere tool for war.

Last edited by Boukenxha; 2006-03-08 at 12:41.
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 15:17   Link #213
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

*thinks*......wouldnt it be both? that Shirou's will is to fight for justice and not let people around him die?, and because he likes Saber he wants to protect her, he uses this the *Justice* approach to do those actions. But Bascially, he likes Saber and doesnt want her to fight. As a result, he will do the fighting in replace of her if he can.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 15:37   Link #214
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Yeah. Anyway, considerating how dumb bakka Shirou is, i think probably he don't know his own feelings yet. It will take several episodes for him finally admit (or understand) he likes her very much.
Old 2006-03-08, 15:53   Link #215
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Fighting for "Justice" and protecting people is good but whats the point if you die basically a dogs death and still not accomplishing your goal? ( which would be the case if shirou is to fight any of the servant at his current level). I think its pretty obvious that you can't protect anything when you are dead, (unless as a gost? like in Bleach?) but then again Shirou isn't the smartest guy around.

My guess is that he doesn't want saber to fight because of the battle with Hercules, Saber was pretty beat up in that one and the sight was gursome as well. While I think Shirou would perfer Ren doesn't fight as well, he is not as insistant because one he can't do anything about it and second, he has yet seen Ren get almost cut in half yet. After all, seeing is believing.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 16:00   Link #216
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf
Fighting for "Justice" and protecting people is good but whats the point if you die basically a dogs death and still not accomplishing your goal? ( which would be the case if shirou is to fight any of the servant at his current level). I think its pretty obvious that you can't protect anything when you are dead, (unless as a gost? like in Bleach?) but then again Shirou isn't the smartest guy around.
Who knows, if he dies a hero, Shirou can become a Servant. Maybe then he'll achieve his dream.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 16:04   Link #217
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
i thought ep 9 was pretty good i gave it 9 it would have beena 10 if there had been move fighting between saber and assassin but the fighting that did was pretty good. Shirou just really has problem having Saber fight doesnt he? I see why he acting that way he just the type of guy that doesnt want to see a girl hurt but it cant go on this way he is sooo going to get his ass kicked eventually. but there is no rule that says a master and servant cant fight together which might make for a pretty good advantage. However Rin has shown she can more than handle her self in a fight but he doesnt act the same way with her as he does with saber. I also thnk that Rin has some other motives for moving into the house, plus its going to be intresting to see what happens with all these girls in the house with him. Does anyone have any theories on some Romantic aspects between shirou Rin Saber and Sakura?
Old 2006-03-08, 16:11   Link #218
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
Does anyone have any theories on some Romantic aspects between shirou Rin Saber and Sakura?
I'm pretty sure that since this is based off of a hentai game they all want his saber.

Last edited by riznar; 2006-03-08 at 16:28.
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 16:14   Link #219
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf
My guess is that he doesn't want saber to fight because of the battle with Hercules, Saber was pretty beat up in that one and the sight was gursome as well.
And he wasn't?!!

In every, EVERY time they fought someone, Saber was allways in better condition than him.

This guy don't have common sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
i thought ep 9 was pretty good i gave it 9 it would have beena 10 if there had been move fighting between saber and assassin but the fighting that did was pretty good. Shirou just really has problem having Saber fight doesnt he? I see why he acting that way he just the type of guy that doesnt want to see a girl hurt but it cant go on this way he is sooo going to get his ass kicked eventually. but there is no rule that says a master and servant cant fight together which might make for a pretty good advantage.
Yeah, but i think that was necessary. Aparently, Saber's special atack was a lot more powerful than Assassin's. We don't know if he could have survived to that and was too early to waste him.
As for the team work between Master and Servant, that was what Rin and Archer were doing, and working pretty well.
As for a team work between Saber and Shirou, that was what she was expecting, but Shirou is playing too much the "hero" for let her fight to his side, unfortunatelly. Remember he broke his promisse with Saber two times already.
Old 2006-03-08, 16:30   Link #220
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Im sure Saber and Shirou are going to use teamwork, either way he is going to get his ass kicked even if trained by Saber, she will come to save him while he is getting beaten up, then comes the teamwork, then smile from saber.(just my guess)
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote