AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-02-27, 10:30   Link #81
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencel View Post
When Kotarou tried to attack Kagari and was lethally wounded in the previous timelines, Kotori saved his life using a piece of Kagari's ribbon. To do this, she had to place him under a contract with herself using a summoner technique, turning him into a monster who survived off his summoner-monster link to Kotori. As a result, he stopped aging.
yeah but this is a "new timeline" where that things didn't happened, then he is not supposed to stop of age on this timeline and age naturally since kagari didn't kill him and kotori don't needed to save him.

he was supposed to age naturally.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 13:24   Link #82
Fencel
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
yeah but this is a "new timeline" where that things didn't happened, then he is not supposed to stop of age on this timeline and age naturally since kagari didn't kill him and kotori don't needed to save him.

he was supposed to age naturally.
But he did age. He looks noticeably older after he says he began his second year as a mercenary.
Fencel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 20:32   Link #83
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
yeah but this is a "new timeline" where that things didn't happened, then he is not supposed to stop of age on this timeline and age naturally since kagari didn't kill him and kotori don't needed to save him.

he was supposed to age naturally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencel View Post
But he did age. He looks noticeably older after he says he began his second year as a mercenary.


You can actually see the difference here.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-04, 15:52   Link #84
pervypig
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Dunno bout you guys, but I find Rewrite part 1 to be bad, part 2 to be unwatchably bad. How is it possible for the producer of Exceptionally good VN to suck so bad at making anime?!? The last good anime Key managed to make was Little Busters and that's like 2-3 yrs ago.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-04, 16:18   Link #85
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
i gonna say i already started to "dislike" this new koutaro but with the last episode i now really start to "hate him" he looks more like a "emo coward" on this time line all afraid of use his power "because this can reduce his life" but he is not afraid to use summon powers which also can "reduce his life", this make 0 or near 0 sense if the current power he learned have the same effect of his true power why he is afraid to use his true power, he really a stupid verison of himself i really prefer the koutaro from first season which was much better than this poor failure annoying emo in my opnion.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-04, 18:21   Link #86
elior
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
i gonna say i already started to "dislike" this new koutaro but with the last episode i now really start to "hate him" he looks more like a "emo coward" on this time line all afraid of use his power "because this can reduce his life" but he is not afraid to use summon powers which also can "reduce his life", this make 0 or near 0 sense if the current power he learned have the same effect of his true power why he is afraid to use his true power, he really a stupid verison of himself i really prefer the koutaro from first season which was much better than this poor failure annoying emo in my opnion.
i dont know about you but in this episode even if he made kotori to cry he was right about one thing.made her perents monsters instead of let them rest in peace is just selfish
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-04, 20:31   Link #87
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Well, defending Kotarou's actions:
(1) He needs to look like a Summoner to Gaia when infiltrating.
(2) The Bird Scouts do not use Lifespan.
(3) He basically wants Kotori out of the conflict because she can easily die, and doesn't understand how dangerous Gaia and Guardian really are (ie. they can easily kill children without second thought if affiliated with the Key)

If he's to use Rewrite, it must be on the time when he REALLY needs it, not on a whim like Kagari suggests.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-04, 21:02   Link #88
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Well, defending Kotarou's actions:
(1) He needs to look like a Summoner to Gaia when infiltrating.
(2) The Bird Scouts do not use Lifespan.
(3) He basically wants Kotori out of the conflict because she can easily die, and doesn't understand how dangerous Gaia and Guardian really are (ie. they can easily kill children without second thought if affiliated with the Key)

If he's to use Rewrite, it must be on the time when he REALLY needs it, not on a whim like Kagari suggests.
still look stupid and nonsense afraid of his own power but fine to learn another which the same danger and why now his power is danger but in previous reincarnations and even in the beginner no??? he started using it but only now he is "afraid to use it", he really don't look like the badass person which he appeared to be on the op in the beginner as the "bond" another porblem was he not had "deserted the group in previous episode???.

another note about his age issues, i think i still have a problem with the fact which they do some inconcistences on his look, sometimes he look old and tal others no and look more young and small, if they could stick with one look things could look better.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-04, 23:24   Link #89
BloodyKitty
Aloof Traveler
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
Dunno bout you guys, but I find Rewrite part 1 to be bad, part 2 to be unwatchably bad. How is it possible for the producer of Exceptionally good VN to suck so bad at making anime?!? The last good anime Key managed to make was Little Busters and that's like 2-3 yrs ago.
I beg to differ, Key only makes VN, they only contract other anime producers & studios to do their anime based on their VN or original script.

As an adaptation, Rewrite is terribad, and as a standalone anime, it's even more unwatchable. I wouldn't say Rewrite VN is a masterpiece, but despite some holes and flaws it's a very interesting work and a very addictive experience for me. The anime just totally ruin many good points the VN has and amplifying the bad to totally worse.

Tbh I already thought any Key anime is downward spirally bad after KyoAni stopped doing their adaptations, the only exception being Planetarian done by David Production studio.
__________________
The fact that you cry
The fact that you lose your temper
The fact that you get angry
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 01:15   Link #90
elior
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
I beg to differ, Key only makes VN, they only contract other anime producers & studios to do their anime based on their VN or original script.

As an adaptation, Rewrite is terribad, and as a standalone anime, it's even more unwatchable. I wouldn't say Rewrite VN is a masterpiece, but despite some holes and flaws it's a very interesting work and a very addictive experience for me. The anime just totally ruin many good points the VN has and amplifying the bad to totally worse.

Tbh I already thought any Key anime is downward spirally bad after KyoAni stopped doing their adaptations, the only exception being Planetarian done by David Production studio.
i beg the difference. they do moon and terra adaption pretty good. sure it not perfect but they do it better then the first season
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 01:45   Link #91
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
still look stupid and nonsense afraid of his own power but fine to learn another which the same danger and why now his power is danger but in previous reincarnations and even in the beginner no??? he started using it but only now he is "afraid to use it", he really don't look like the badass person which he appeared to be on the op in the beginner as the "bond" another porblem was he not had "deserted the group in previous episode???.

another note about his age issues, i think i still have a problem with the fact which they do some inconcistences on his look, sometimes he look old and tal others no and look more young and small, if they could stick with one look things could look better.
Again, it would raise suspicions about him if he doesn't use Summoner techniques in Gaia. He needs to look like someone who wants to learn how to use Familiars if he's to raise the ranks of Gaia and destroy their goals from the inside.

Imagine if James Bond went to a casino and explicitly says he doesn't want to gamble.

We've never even seen Kotarou use familars outside of Gaia or Bird Scout Familiars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
i beg the difference. they do moon and terra adaption pretty good. sure it not perfect but they do it better then the first season
This. The only reason Season 1 is bad is because everything was very very rushed. I'm sure you'd be singing different hymns if it was a 2cour, because it was obvious that the screenwriter at least tried to put every single hint as much as he can, and has at least made a coherent storyline.

(The director is gonna be infamous now though for ruining two VNs.)

Last edited by ronelm2000; 2017-03-05 at 03:47.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 02:35   Link #92
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hyakka Ryoran
Age: 27
Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
The last good anime Key managed to make was Little Busters and that's like 2-3 yrs ago.
Actually I've dropped Little Busters after several episodes because "animation" there looked closer to a slideshow where only mouths were actually animated. On the other hand I'm enjoying Rewrite anime for what it is even though I know that it's definitely not the best adaptation in terms of quality. Planetarian was great though and I feel that it turned out even better than the original game.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 05:06   Link #93
BloodyKitty
Aloof Traveler
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
i beg the difference. they do moon and terra adaption pretty good. sure it not perfect but they do it better then the first season
Ok, I was not making myself very clear in my last response as I was a bit in a foul mood, so I'll explain a bit.

I do agree that Moon & Terra are being adapted better than season 1 (though half of ss1 was original stuff). But the thing is, Moon worked well in VN because the 5 girls' routes have set out all the setting, the groundwork for me to get the basics of their world as well as developments that made me care about these characters and their struggles in keeping a path for re-evolution. The Moon route in the anime didn't have that privilege and end up being an awkward viewing experience with almost no feelings for me because half of the things the characters referenced are mostly only in the VN or very briefly mentioned in ss1. And so I felt that the anime up to Moon was so not good as a standalone anime, and in turn made the anime as a whole not a good adaptation. Terra so far has been a more or less straightforward adaptation, and while it can be considered decent on its own it still doesn't quite have the impact it should have like the final route in the VN due to lacking quality in the previous anime routes.

I do get all you guys' point and it still all boiled down to ss1 being bad as the cause, but it's already done too much damage for my viewing that thanks to it ss2 can't make up and being as good watch as it should.
__________________
The fact that you cry
The fact that you lose your temper
The fact that you get angry
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 05:15   Link #94
elior
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
Ok, I was not making myself very clear in my last response as I was a bit in a foul mood, so I'll explain a bit.

I do agree that Moon & Terra are being adapted better than season 1 (though half of ss1 was original stuff). But the thing is, Moon worked well in VN because the 5 girls' routes have set out all the setting, the groundwork for me to get the basics of their world as well as developments that made me care about these characters and their struggles in keeping a path for re-evolution. The Moon route in the anime didn't have that privilege and end up being an awkward viewing experience with almost no feelings for me because half of the things the characters referenced are mostly only in the VN or very briefly mentioned in ss1. And so I felt that the anime up to Moon was so not good as a standalone anime, and in turn made the anime as a whole not a good adaptation. Terra so far has been a more or less straightforward adaptation, and while it can be considered decent on its own it still doesn't quite have the impact it should have like the final route in the VN due to lacking quality in the previous anime routes.

I do get all you guys' point and it still all boiled down to ss1 being bad as the cause, but it's already done too much damage for my viewing that thanks to it ss2 can't make up and being as good watch as it should.
but do you agree with my point about that kotaru was right about kotori father and mother even if it made her cry in this episode? i mean it was realy selfish of her
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 06:18   Link #95
BloodyKitty
Aloof Traveler
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I'm not the original person who commented about this but I'll answer anyway.

Yes, I did think her action was wrong too, though I can totally understand why. After her parents died she was totally left alone in a world where nobody treated her kindly, the fact that past Kotarou was a cold bastard totally didn't help. In such a situation she was driven to a corner and has to make a decision that help her to hold on the hope of reviving her parents despite it being a "morally wrong" decision, which I'm not sure her young mind even understand.
__________________
The fact that you cry
The fact that you lose your temper
The fact that you get angry
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 17:45   Link #96
elior
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
I'm not the original person who commented about this but I'll answer anyway.

Yes, I did think her action was wrong too, though I can totally understand why. After her parents died she was totally left alone in a world where nobody treated her kindly, the fact that past Kotarou was a cold bastard totally didn't help. In such a situation she was driven to a corner and has to make a decision that help her to hold on the hope of reviving her parents despite it being a "morally wrong" decision, which I'm not sure her young mind even understand.
speaking of which. it just my opinion but i think kotori crying scence was almost as much emotional as the VN
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 00:32   Link #97
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Kotori is back, and Kagari finally shows up. Quite a reunion indeed.

HanaKana sounding very menacing as this Kagari, and I quite welcome it. It's a very nice change from her usual typecasted voice, although her being like pissed off 24/7 doesn't really give Kagari the vibe of actually wanting to save humanity.

Good thing the show lampshades about how Kotori and Kotarou have missed each other for so long. Considering the two are connected to the key, this was sorely needed.

So, Akane would be next episode? They're really playing up the different Martel factions, she must be somewhat involved.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 05:25   Link #98
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Something tells me that Shuuichirou Suzaki might become the final boss instead of Sakura Kashima...

But hey, glad that Kagari and Kotori Kanbe are back! Still, Koutarou Tennouji needs to act fast or he might fail on saving both Earth and humanity.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 18:33   Link #99
Fencel
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
another note about his age issues, i think i still have a problem with the fact which they do some inconcistences on his look, sometimes he look old and tal others no and look more young and small, if they could stick with one look things could look better.
If you're talking about how his face looks a bit odd whenever he's in his "disguise," that's because he's using his blood control ability to cause his face to swell up and give it a more rounded appearance. He's been doing it since episode 6, whenever he wants to disguise himself from others.
Fencel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 19:22   Link #100
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencel View Post
If you're talking about how his face looks a bit odd whenever he's in his "disguise," that's because he's using his blood control ability to cause his face to swell up and give it a more rounded appearance. He's been doing it since episode 6, whenever he wants to disguise himself from others.
hmm i was really talking about how he really look young sometimes and old others few times, if is that can make sense, but in the last episode where he was in the car with the guy he really looked "tall" or at last on the same size of the leader of the guardians, while when he was in the "mercenary" he look too young and small near to the others while in the op he looked the opposite more tall and old, or the japaneses are really too small and young look compared with others nations or it was really odd.

if him keep using his basic powers this could means he "loose age" that is why i really feel that "if i see my power i will die" a little bad writing cuz this being too convenient, like when he really need to use his power he is afraid but others times he can use any power without any fear and specially now since this version of him is a very scared and little coward/selfish version of his previous self which was more brave and could go full power, i really don't like this new koutaro i still prefer the koutaro from the season one, this one is more like a cry baby full lolicon/pedobear want go after kagari "young body" even she being clear "young than him"(that new kagari which just born from that little plant in the beginner) and also too much interested in the others "young girls", really he is really being a very bad version of himself.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.