AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 7 31.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 13.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 27.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 13.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 4.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-16, 11:59   Link #21
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

This is also the reason why I'm not bummed out by the fact that the investigation was cut short. There's still opportunity for the relevant clues to be expanded upon during the trial proper. Which really is more of a debate than a trial, since there is no prosecution or defense.
Old 2013-07-16, 12:18   Link #22
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The problem wasn't about not having the clues at the trial, but rather not having them prior the trial so people could have their own full reasoning about the case without the need of having appended information the anime should have supplemented to begin with.
I think we already debated enough about that to stay clear on one's own opinion in the general thread, and the missing clues are available for those who want/need them.
The mystery being solvable with/without them is no longer relevant anyway, so let's just drop the damn subject, it is going in circles already.
Old 2013-07-16, 12:41   Link #23
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Why no longer relevant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The problem wasn't about not having the clues at the trial, but rather not having them prior the trial so people could have their own full reasoning about the case without the need of having appended information the anime should have supplemented to begin with.
Exactly how does the clues being presented during the trial stop people from forming their own theories?
Old 2013-07-16, 12:52   Link #24
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It is no longer relevant because people can now patch it through with either LP/YTvideo/Summary of missing clues.

As for elaborating a reasoning with the clues presented during the trial, the problem is:
1) it will be affected by the characters own theories
2) It will force people to pause the episode before it reaches the actual solution.

As said before already, having the rest of the clues during the trial is not intuitive since you don't profit the momentum from the investigation. It is like as if you follow only half clues of a Columbo/Derick episode and get presented everything just before they arrest the culprit.
That's all there is to say, and some people already benefited from having the supplemented clues. Past that, it is no longer necessary to recycle the debate over that.
Old 2013-07-16, 16:15   Link #25
Iron Maw
Banned

Well the OP here is a bit more OP-like and less a like PV this time around.

Liked the first two episodes so far, could do without all the game nods with the item investigations. I didn't like in Persona 4 or Devil Surivior and here is no different. I know it's meant to be well-meaning, but frankly it tends to kill the mood by constantly reminding viewers this based off a game.

So to get things straight, a killer bear called Moonbear traps a bunch of mostly promising high students in a "Death Game" for no reason just get his jollies watching them slowly kill each other in hopefully the most brutal and horrifying fashion possibly. And you can't really go against this sadistic creature directly either because he controls the school (which probably more of an alternate dimension in reality) in such a way that makes him nigh omnipotent.

Worse yet, he has created an elaborate system that makes it impossible to escape this school without making someone a murderer either directly or indirectly though deliberation. No matter what happens someone going to die whether though escaping or just sitting around. In a sense as the main villain of the story Moonbear had already won as soon everyone stepped into his territory. Damn.

Also this episode seemed to imply Moonbear has some control over his victims lives outside of school. If Maziono's video is anything to go by the things that each character fears the most might have already happened.
Old 2013-07-16, 16:22   Link #26
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Worse yet, he has created an elaborate system that makes it impossible to escape this school without making someone a murderer either directly or indirectly though deliberation. No matter what happens someone going to die whether though escaping or just sitting around. In a sense as the main villain of the story Moonbear had already won as soon everyone stepped into his territory. Damn.
They could actually just live there until the mastermind gets fed up with the statu quo. That's why Monokuma pulled these DVD as an incentive.
But generally speaking, just sitting around is theorically the best solution.
Old 2013-07-16, 16:40   Link #27
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Until someone tries to kill you.

Quote:
If Maziono's video is anything to go by the things that each character fears the most might have already happened.
And thats an interesting point. Is what is shown in the video true or not? Psycho bear could just be toying with them (more then he already is) "graduate" and escape to find that your family/friends are already dead. Naegi's werent shown but you know something happened. Maizono's is harder cuz the girls were shown laying there but it doesnt mean theyre dead.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2013-07-16, 16:43   Link #28
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So be wary but not distrustful. When someone tries to kill you, you don't necessarily need to kill them back.
Old 2013-07-16, 17:16   Link #29
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Until someone tries to kill you.

And thats an interesting point. Is what is shown in the video true or not? Psycho bear could just be toying with them (more then he already is) "graduate" and escape to find that your family/friends are already dead. Naegi's werent shown but you know something happened. Maizono's is harder cuz the girls were shown laying there but it doesnt mean theyre dead.
Well You can ducksit in there forever its basically the wolf and sheep puzzle. As long as there are more sheeps than wolves at one place nothing will ever happen.

at the second point:
You will have to wait a little longer or ask in the QA thread

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-07-16, 17:49   Link #30
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
So be wary but not distrustful. When someone tries to kill you, you don't necessarily need to kill them back.
That's quite a delicate concept because if you were attacked by someone who's willing to hurt, or worse, murder you, wouldn't the natural thing to do is to react or protect yourself? Granted that in a situation like the characters are in, they can just run out the door and alert someone or people that someone attempted to kill them, but the fear and adrenaline of the matter sort of bears in mind the natural instinct to human survival.

In essence: it's hard to stay rational or even on your toes if you're constantly in serious danger. The murder already committed the act, but the circumstances around it or how they felt during that situation sort of plays a role in how the events came into play here.
Old 2013-07-16, 17:52   Link #31
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^It takes a lot to actually kill a person. Killing someone on accident while defending yourself doesn't happen THAT often. Unless the defender somehow grabs a knife and starts stabbing away, but then we're not really talking self defense anymore.
Old 2013-07-16, 18:27   Link #32
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
^It takes a lot to actually kill a person. Killing someone on accident while defending yourself doesn't happen THAT often. Unless the defender somehow grabs a knife and starts stabbing away, but then we're not really talking self defense anymore.
Right and wrong.
There are many factors which have an influence as to whether it is self-defense, excessive self-defense, or self defense in the first place.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-07-17, 02:28   Link #33
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

First thing first, it seems the people in this world bleed glow in the dark blood.

Secondly, I think Junko died pretty retardedly, I mean did she seriously think she won't get killed?

Finally what if Junko was the murderer? Doesn't that sort of messes up the upcoming trial?
Old 2013-07-17, 09:46   Link #34
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
They could actually just live there until the mastermind gets fed up with the statu quo. That's why Monokuma pulled these DVD as an incentive.
I dunno, the human psyche in general is quite a fragile thing. Someone would eventually snap and get desperate from anxiety about the tedium of the close environment, their fate and that of condition their previous lives outside the school. In end Moonbear would get what he wants, just much slower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
That would be one hell of a "kick the dog" moment if it's true.

That said, we probably can't take everything the bears says and shows at face value. Despite his self proclamation about being a stickler for rules this doesn't stop him from manipulating events and people indirectly, like he did the DVDs to create a conflict between students. In fact feel that Maizono's death and clues leading up to it were fairly convenient and I wouldn't be entirely surprised that he small hand in her death so it could as a trigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
First thing first, it seems the people in this world bleed glow in the dark blood.

Secondly, I think Junko died pretty retardedly, I mean did she seriously think she won't get killed?

Finally what if Junko was the murderer? Doesn't that sort of messes up the upcoming trial?
To be fair, the last person who assaulted Moonbear didn't die, perhaps she excepted him to explode again in a timed manner.
Old 2013-07-17, 10:05   Link #35
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The thing is that Monokuma stated that he would emprison her in a dark cell. That's also why Kyouko was asking him the reason why he killed her. In the end, he was fickle and made a "good example" for the rest of the students.
Old 2013-07-17, 10:20   Link #36
Iron Maw
Banned

Yeah, I figured he wanted everyone to get the message about defying him in a much more clear manner since he was once again being assaulted.
Old 2013-07-17, 10:59   Link #37
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

then he'll pop out of nowhere again, explaining things to those whom he thinks is worthy of receiving information in which all participants are.
Old 2013-07-18, 15:35   Link #38
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
That said, we probably can't take everything the bears says and shows at face value. Despite his self proclamation about being a stickler for rules this doesn't stop him from manipulating events and people indirectly, like he did the DVDs to create a conflict between students. In fact feel that Maizono's death and clues leading up to it were fairly convenient and I wouldn't be entirely surprised that he small hand in her death so it could as a trigger.
Monokuma is best described as someone who usually doesn't actually lie but tends to play with words so much that his 'truths' are frequently misinterpreted.
Old 2013-07-18, 17:37   Link #39
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I loved hearing that BGM in the game when they were in the elevator at the end.

Just epic!
Old 2013-07-19, 18:28   Link #40
Sphire

Started watching this because there was some hype around it. Can't say I've been impressed so far. Admittedly, I hate the concept to begin with, so that doesn't help. The constant need to remind us that it is adapted from a game is annoying too.

The whole trial thing sounds stupid to me. Monokuma didn't mention it before, so if someone had killed in front of everyone else, they are automatically screwed? A stupid reliance on luck that someone would kill silently.

The trial is also stupid in that, if the group gets it wrong, everyone dies bar the murderer. Meaning no more story. So now we already know that every murderer will be found (if it was a murder to begin with).

Junko's death was stupid.

I hate murder mysteries, they usually come up with conclusions I will have issues with. But that's just me assuming a future annoyance.

I'll probably drop this, but another episode is coming out today, yea? So I might give that a watch. As for Maizono's death:

Spoiler for Maizono's death assumption: