AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-09, 08:15   Link #61
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
This is a REALLY ill-suited question for a forum like this, because it leads to flaming and bashing so quickly. Please just download both versions and make up your own mind. ^_^
well does it even matter. As both groups are very good and do subs pretty quickly. Si it does not matter which you choose as both high quality.
Old 2007-10-09, 08:44   Link #62
mdauben

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Hmm, it doesn't quite feel like a harem. See my rules
I don't know, going by your list...
  1. There must be at least 3 active 'partners' to the protagonist. <- Check
  2. The 3 must fight between each other at various times <- Check
  3. There must be something 'special' about the protagonist. <- Check
  4. One of the girls is the 'obvious' one.
  5. There MUST be a Hot Springs episode
  6. The protagonist must suffer at various times usually with direct contact with a girl's fist. <- Check

So, you have four out of your six on the first episode alone. Smells like harem to me...
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 09:30   Link #63
Mentar
Banned

So? Who is the third girl? Please don't say the Iincho, a friendly smile is insufficient.

Personally, I don't see the making of a real harem yet.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 09:39   Link #64
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

harem? so far I think it's more of a love triangle. hehe.

Seen the subbed episode. Not bad. I love the main character when he goes to Lelouch . . i mean, commander soething mode. hehe.

I thought I'll be creeped out with the cat guy, but he turned out interesting. Really reminds me of Gin from Bleach somehow. hehe.
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 09:49   Link #65
UPR

Quote:
So? Who is the third girl? Please don't say the Iincho, a friendly smile is insufficient.

well it was the first ep, and you kind of had to introduce the 3rd girl (incho). Watching i thought the girl was a 1ep character and that's it. But at the end with her asking for his business card and appearing at the end smiling at him. And then having the other 2 hit him makes it that she will be used more. Because if the other did not hit him on the head none of this is talked about, but since they did is probably going to have some debate over the relationship aspect with the main charcater.

And let me point out that the girl with glasses was blushing when the guy rested on her head. And appeared at the house with the other people (the one's with shrine clothes) and sorta got aggitated with the other two being alone.

Sorry for no names I still have not learned them yet.
Old 2007-10-09, 10:00   Link #66
Olke

This is one of the few new series of this season that made me to start watching it right after the first episode. And the sole reason I watched the first episode was because I noticed that Eclipse had subbed it.

I think I'm going to like this show because the fights seem pretty cool, especially the one near the end of the episode. I also like the characters.
Olke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 12:05   Link #67
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
so if people have to pick in between eclipse and shinsen, who would you guys pick?
I can give you a fair comparison via PM if you'd like. I haven't downloaded Eclipse's yet but Shinsen's is absolutely amazing aside from some wordiness and a bit of loose word choice in spots. The 6 minutes of notes at the end of was a bit overkill though.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 13:45   Link #68
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Hey i like the "info bit" at the end (reminds me of when they subbed demonbane - i always read up on the facts ^_^)

The "fetishes" comment was pretty much lawl XD

sick...perverted jiji >.>

and nope - atm i cant see this as a harem series unless the introduce another character or have it turn into lolicon-ism

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 14:00   Link #69
devGod

Can anyone answer me this?

Are there many more mages in this world than people think (Eclipse) or are there a bit more mages than people think (Shinsen).

Shinsen get plus points for the extra info at the end.
devGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 14:10   Link #70
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

He says sukoshi in the original script for both instances so a bit more. A bit more magic after the highway scene, and a few more magicians at the end of the episode.
Old 2007-10-09, 14:40   Link #71
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Hey i like the "info bit" at the end (reminds me of when they subbed demonbane - i always read up on the facts ^_^)

The "fetishes" comment was pretty much lawl XD

sick...perverted jiji >.>

and nope - atm i cant see this as a harem series unless the introduce another character or have it turn into lolicon-ism
A fetish refers to an object of power. O.o

As for the episode...Getting to see a witch riding a rocket powered broom was enough to make it worth watching.

Still trying to get a feel for what the shows all about, but as far as 1st episode's go it was pretty enjoyable.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 14:45   Link #72
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I'm sure the first episode made sense on some subconcious level, but the direction was just so haphazard and all over the place I know next to nothing about what just transpired mere seconds ago. Here's what I did get:

+Great Music
+Stuff Asplode
+Mikan Sucking On A Lolipop
+Rocket Broom

-Like every other show this season that isn't named Gundam, Shana, or Clannad, it just throws me right in without bothering to explain anything about what is going on, or to define the terms.

-Kadokawa Shoten up to it's old tricks again
-Seriously! What. Just. Happened.

I think I'll like the show, but it needs to get one of those explanation guys like in Gaogaigar to come in and explain certain things to people who haven't read the source material already.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 15:18   Link #73
mdauben

Quote:
Don't have the names memorized yet, but I mean the broomstick girl, the rival magic girl, and the girl they saved from her Grandfather's mistake. That last one is Incho, right? Why do you want to omit her from consideration? While she is not gushing over him yet, it seems ovious that she and the guy have formed at least the start of some sort of "connection".

I could be wrong, but if they did not intend for her to be one of the contiuing characters in the anime, there would have been no reason for putting her in the same class. Right?
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 15:24   Link #74
Ama no Kagaseo
Your local dark deity.

Send a message via MSN to Ama no Kagaseo Send a message via Yahoo to Ama no Kagaseo
As for me, I fund myself a little disappointed. It was a little flashier than what I would have liked to see, honestly. The flying purple dog pretty much gave away the whole show in my eyes.

But, this is coming from someone who highly appreciates shows like Ghost Hunt, and Mononoke. So needless to say it was lacking something for me: realism. [Mononoke wasn't at all the most realistic series in the world, but it made it believable in a sense. On top of it all, it was gorgeous.]

On top of it all - but this was Shinsen's fault - their information at the end of the episode was incorrect.

The art style is generic, but well polished. The animation sequences were average. [The explosions were nice touches.]

Well, in the end, my only issue is that it steered too far away from it's real magical roots for me, and turned it into a psycho flashy anime. I may still watch it though, for the onmyouji's sake.
Ama no Kagaseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 15:29   Link #75
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
A fetish refers to an object of power. O.o

As for the episode...Getting to see a witch riding a rocket powered broom was enough to make it worth watching.

Still trying to get a feel for what the shows all about, but as far as 1st episode's go it was pretty enjoyable.
Yea i know - What a weird name to call something with power though >.>

The broom stalled = FAILS!

and i think this series falls under the "ghost hunt" type of genre - which means i probably wont be hoping for much besides some fun entertainment (which is what anime is about )

Anyone else lawled at the fact that itsuki got poked in the eye when his powers seem to be that of "foresight"?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 15:31   Link #76
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:

Adilicia, Honami, Manami (Kuroha).

Kunugi probably won't appear in future episodes, or if she does just as a comedy character.
Old 2007-10-09, 15:36   Link #77
Ama no Kagaseo
Your local dark deity.

Send a message via MSN to Ama no Kagaseo Send a message via Yahoo to Ama no Kagaseo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Yea i know - What a weird name to call something with power though >.>

The broom stalled = FAILS!

and i think this series falls under the "ghost hunt" type of genre - which means i probably wont be hoping for much besides some fun entertainment (which is what anime is about )

Anyone else lawled at the fact that itsuki got poked in the eye when his powers seem to be that of "foresight"?

I guess it could be considered a 'Ghost Hunt' type, but even so it's still not on par with Ghost Hunt's greatness. -Huge fan.-

I lawled at 'commander Itsuki's' attempt at being cool, giving exact directions. xD It felt like they were trying too hard at that point to make the leap from 'lame' Itsuki and 'cool' Itsuki.
Old 2007-10-09, 15:41   Link #78
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ama no Kagaseo View Post

I lawled at 'commander Itsuki's' attempt at being cool, giving exact directions. xD It felt like they were trying too hard at that point to make the leap from 'lame' Itsuki and 'cool' Itsuki.

Even with that the girls at the end called him useless and weak.
Old 2007-10-09, 15:45   Link #79
Ama no Kagaseo
Your local dark deity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Even with that the girls at the end called him useless and weak.
Hilarious, really. xD During the battle that ensued with the crow blob, they were probably thinking "WTF!? Where?!"
Old 2007-10-09, 15:52   Link #80
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
Adilicia, Honami, Manami (Kuroha).

Kunugi probably won't appear in future episodes, or if she does just as a comedy character.
I see...

Unlike most other shows I've been involved in lately, I do NOT know this anime's story for a change (and I'd prefer to keep it at that ^_^ ), so I'm basically just another fan. But it seemed to me at the end of the ep that Kunugi would not become a part of any harem in this show.

So Manami (she is the apprentice, right?) will develop a romantic interest in Itsuki too? Hmm... okay.

I just got the feeling that the show will not turn out to be a simple harem comedy. Maybe I'm hoping for too much, but my antenna seems to pick up undercurrents of a decently serious main storyline, garnished with Addie-Honami antics. I'm absolutely looking forward to that.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, romance, shounen