AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-12-07, 17:14   Link #81
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elniro
For dvdpacific.com:

1) When you buy from there, do you become a member and so pay the member prices? or do you have to pay a fee to be a member?

2)What's the last date you got to order to ensure christmas delivery?

thanks
There is no fee to become a member. You just need to register to allow access to the shopping basket, wish list, account details (shipping address and credit card details). I would imagine most on-line shops are like this.

Xmas delivery is more difficult since there are many factors to take into account. I suspect the "official" date is already past for oversea posts (according to the Post Office).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 14:26   Link #82
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
O yea one more question:

When you buy something in say US dollars, does your bank charge you hidden charges for paying a foreign currency?

oh its ok i found out, my bank, well my dad's bank charges 2.75%

Last edited by elniro; 2004-12-08 at 17:01.
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 03:13   Link #83
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elniro
O yea one more question:

When you buy something in say US dollars, does your bank charge you hidden charges for paying a foreign currency?

oh its ok i found out, my bank, well my dad's bank charges 2.75%
If you use a credit card, then they do not charge any such additional extras.

The charge you refer to is only when you use a cheque (from say an English bank) which is made out in another currency (such as American $). I would strongly advise not to do this because for small amounts (under £100) is rarely is worth it. They might say they charge is 2.75% but there is often a minimum charge of £10. Plus it's normally the bank that receives the cheque that sets the charge (so in my example it's the American bank, which will have it's own rules and charges).

Just pay by credit card, they offer acceptable exchange rates and no hidden charges (at least most MasterCard and Visa cards do this).

If you can't pay by credit card, then PayPal is the next best option. Cheques and International Money Orders are not cost effective for small amounts.
Old 2004-12-09, 05:52   Link #84
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
Ok thanks

Does dvdpacific.com have option to pay by paypal??!

Well anyway i already bought some stuff - gasaraki perfect collection (whole boxset for under £20 including p&p, thats good stuff) and full metal panic vol.1 with artbox
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 11:49   Link #85
Racheal
Super Robot War Player

Ordering from CD Japan

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/list_from_c...tml?key=252773

Has anyone ordered from them before? Comments?
Looking forward to getting the Miyamoto Musashi series.
Racheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 12:05   Link #86
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheal
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/list_from_c...tml?key=252773

Has anyone ordered from them before? Comments?
Looking forward to getting the Miyamoto Musashi series.
I have been ordering from them for about 7 years now,and have bought 30-40 cds and videos, and never have had a problem with them. I live in Michigan, and I get the order 3 days after it ships. With pre-orders they usually arrive 2 days after the Japan release date, I'm not too sure on how fast they are from the time you order to the time they ship, because I usually have a pre-ordered item in the order. Shipping and handling is rather costly for 1 or 2 cds, so I usually wait until I have several items to buy to spread out the cost. Unless it's a rare item that I missed pre-ordering. But I don't think you should have any problems with them.

I wonder how big a company this is now, when I first started ordering from them looked like it was a one man operation. Everything was addressed to a person and the web-site was very primitive. The invoices were handwritten. It has come quite aways in a moreprofessional look and feel .
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 14:33   Link #87
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Amazon having a $10 Anime Sale

Hope this is the right place but Amazon is having a $10 sale on some of their Anime.

Some strange ones such as Brigadoon but they also have some good ones such as Trigun and Vandread and Vampire Princess Miyu.

Here's a link but just FYI it has a Spoofee referral on it. I'm too lazy to prune it out so you can just go to Amazon direct and look it up

Spoofee-Amazon Anime Sale
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 03:15   Link #88
Suzaku no Miko

hey
www.sells.bootlegs.com
is it a reliable site to buy soundtracks? magic knight rayearth OST 1-5 (some out of stock) selling for 8USD...originally around 14.95
but it's such a ..random site?

Last edited by xris; 2005-01-02 at 04:09. Reason: Bootleg site removed
Suzaku no Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 04:09   Link #89
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzaku no Miko
hey
www.sells.bootlegs.com
is it a reliable site to buy soundtracks? magic knight rayearth OST 1-5 (some out of stock) selling for 8USD...originally around 14.95
but it's such a ..random site?
This site sells plenty of bootlegs (DVDs, CDs), plus they are very expensive as well. They not only rip off the creators but they rip off their customers as well!

I suggest you have a read of The generic "Is this a bootleg" thread
Old 2006-01-09, 00:50   Link #90
RabidZeph

Ghost in the Shell box-set

Hey, from what I've found, there is not a Ghost in the Shell box set. This dissapoints me, because now I will have to hunt down each volume if I wish to complete the set. This also means it will come at a higher price. I've ran search engine searches, but haven't found anything really conclusive. It seems to have a "special edition" for each volume, but it seems to mean it comes with a box and a CD or t-shirt. Does anyone know where I could get a completed set? I know sometimes a retailer will bundle a package like this, but I haven't found one. Any help is appreciated.
RabidZeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 04:10   Link #91
guess

Voices of a Distant Star [SOUNDTRACK]

I have been looking for this CD. Do you know where I can buy it? Please give me info if you know where to get it not just general website for anime stuff. This item is very hard to find for some reason. I have looked all over the place and still can't find it. I don't want to spend money on Japanese version because it is much more expensive. CD Japan doesn't have it. I check out yahoo japan auction anyway and it has only a few and they don't ship overseas. No luck on ebay.
It was released by ADV, I believe.
Old 2006-01-22, 18:02   Link #92
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've had mixed results with cdjapan.co.jp .... as far as jpop CDs go... they've been pretty good. but the collectibles ---- they appear to run a "just in time" shop like amazon is known to. That is.. they don't always have the stock ON HAND just because its displayed in their site. I've had three order problems in the last two months.
Two were figures that they didn't actually have and had to refund my money (of course, after 3 weeks its unlikely anyone is going to have it now). They also have had to delay the PPD OST shipment due to "unforeseen shortages".

I tend to avoid US Domestic hobbyship websites now as I got hit with bootleg versions twice from two different "supposedly reputable" dealers. DVDpacific, OTOH, has been nice and prompt.

Alternative sites, I've had good luck with for books, figures, CDs, & DVDs include:
nippon-export.com (they'll actually hunt down stuff if you give them enough data and they don't list stuff unless someone has actually requested it).
HobbyLinkJapan (nice pre-order section for registered customers).
AnimeMaxis (also pretty good with the pre-order handling).

edit: cdjapan just wrote that they'd shipped my PPD OST .... so their guess of 5-10 day delay wasn't too off.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-01-24 at 00:00.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 07:14   Link #93
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

I am ordering Japanese DVDs from amazon.co.jp (actually it's a pre-order cuz it's not yet relased.),and my sister commented they don't send DVDs to contries with different DVD region codes. I heard cases it was fine with Japan to Korea, so if anyone has ordered an DVD from Amazon Japan, help would be greatly appreciated. (I live in Canada)

Also,is there a place where I can buy Import DVDs cheap? Amazon.jp looks quite expensive..
sukreih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 20:11   Link #94
sorvani

i posted this over in the Shuffle merch thread, but never got an answer, so i thought i'd give it a second try here because after 2 weeks of searching i've learned a couple things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorvani
has anyone seen a site selling phone charms/straps from Shuffle?

i bought a Nerine /sigh at speaking the name............ err uhh, where was i....oh yeah... phone charm back in september when i was there on vacation. unfortunately sometime last week, she disappeared. one day she was there happily clinking away with my every step, and the next she was gone.

i blame everything on mickey mouse, because i was at disney world when she went missing.

anyway, if anyone knows where i can find order a replacement i would MUCH appreciate it.
i can't find phone charms/straps hardly anywhere for ANY series. keychains abound. but i don't want a darn keychain. i want a phone charm/strap.

My broken one is pictured below. Where you see the mickey mouse is where Nerine is supposed to be, and yes i was born in april.

Spoiler:

The official site has a different set . You can see them at http://www.shuffle-tv.com/etc/.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukreih
Also,is there a place where I can buy Import DVDs cheap? Amazon.jp looks quite expensive..
i have purchased all my japanese CD's and R2 dvd's via cpjapan to date. i am pre-ordering something from yesasia for the first time tomorrow, we'll see how that goes..
sorvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 17:51   Link #95
KikiTheDragon
Sanji kicks ass!

Anyone know where I can buy One PIece DVDs? Not the dubbed ones with english sub titles, some places I looked at seem to be boot-leg...

are these sites good or are they bootleggers?

<edit by Mod (xris): both the sites you listed are selling 100% bootleg One Piece DVD>

Some help would be nice considering I know nothing when it comes to buying anime xD -yeah i know I am pathetic-

Last edited by xris; 2006-02-04 at 18:13.
KikiTheDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 18:23   Link #96
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Hmm, I've always been intersted in how much money bootleg sellers actually make off those things, and furthermore where their suppliers are... found this site
<edit by Mod (xris), good example but the link has to go all the same >

(mods, feel free to remove the link, but the minimum order for this guy is 240 DVDs... so it's not REALLY a link to a bootleg seller in a practical sense).

Seems that this guy is selling them for about $4.50 per DVD, and I don't know whether he's refering to per DVD set or per DVD. If the former, the profit margin is HUGE. You can sell 26 eps of one piece for $35, and make a %750 profit...

dammit, I'm starting to convince myself to make money this way... better stop.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 18:23   Link #97
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiTheDragon
Anyone know where I can buy One PIece DVDs? Not the dubbed ones with english sub titles, some places I looked at seem to be boot-leg...

are these sites good or are they bootleggers?

<edit by Mod (xris): both the sites you listed are selling 100% bootleg One Piece DVD>

Some help would be nice considering I know nothing when it comes to buying anime xD -yeah i know I am pathetic-
They are both known sites selling illegal DVDs, the One Piece DVDs are typical examples of such bootleg ripoffs (and expensive illegal DVDs at that!). I removed the links since we do not want to help advertise such sites here on AnimeSuki (for any reason).

Please have a look at the The generic "Is this a bootleg" thread since it gives all the hints needed to spot such bootlegs (i.e. Region 0, Chinese and English subtitles).

If you want (legal) English One Piece DVDs, then the Viz release is all there is (mind they are not yet available). Here they are listed at DVDPacific.

Vol 1 to be released on 28th Feb
Vol 2 to be released on 25th April

There are under $13 each but they only contain 3 episodes each.
Old 2006-02-04, 19:41   Link #98
KikiTheDragon
Sanji kicks ass!

Oh thanks for the help, I told you I was pathetic at this xDAt least I didn't buy boot-legs :P

I'll take a look at that thread so i know next time ;D

Once again thanks!
KikiTheDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 07:37   Link #99
evil

Does anyone know if there are Hunter X Hunter dvds around?
evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 09:35   Link #100
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil
Does anyone know if there are Hunter X Hunter dvds around?
If you mean with English subtitles, then any you will find will be bootlegs.

There are no legal releases with an English sound track or subtitles. This applies to the TV and the OVA series.

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime