AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-22, 18:39   Link #581
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Well, links to the fansubs for the anime are available right here on AnimeSuki -- click here. Best thing to do is to watch it and see for yourself! On that page, you'll also find other links that provide more information about the show, including the official Japanese anime homepage. Hope this helps!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 03:20   Link #582
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reika Tsukishima View Post
What do you mean by 'dissappointing'?
- Dissapointing is an awfully kind-hearted way to put it. Think of it as "Die Hard in Space turns into Resident Evil In Space turns into Batman the 1960's Campy TV series in Space all directed by Uwe Boll" and you have a good idea what it's like.

Put it this way: I tried watching all of it. And I want six hours of my G----mned life back. Friends of mine who have played the game and watched it are -mortified-, saying that it takes too many liberties from the story of the game. I was PO'ed for a lot of other reasons: I mean, if the OP animation is utter and absolute crap, it SHOULD have warned me about how bad it was going to go. But NOOO, I insisted on watching it.

It was a mistake. For one: I'm fond of military stuff. I normally don't mind some slight story-related mistakes (), but there are some series that get under my skin badly because of some stupid things such as: HOW the hell does a group of terrorists enter a spaceport crawling with military personnel and STILL launch off in a shuttle without a single bit of security clearance checking? And all of them in the same shuttle, even! If I recall right, there was no such scene in the game (The Terrorists all came on their own ship)

In fact, by episode 9, I was actually DARING the series to dissapoint me further...and it DID! The animation took a nosedive at ep 3 and got even worse from there on in. Some of the "Animation" even looked like cutout poses of the characters with only their mouths animated (Really, who poses like that in a life-or-death situation?)

The sound effects were just as stupid (explain to me why a FULL-AUTO-FIRING SUBMACHINEGUN has PISTOL sound effects?!?). There are two characters in the TV anime that weren't in the game, and the annoying part is that one of those characters actually reveals a side-story that actually MAKES a new plot hole (I won't spoil you, but it'd take an inbred sheep-humping moron not to see what the hell is wrong with it).

And the ending was so cheesy C-Movie grade material. Hell, the voice-actress for Cellaria Markelight pretty much knew the series was a disaster, which is probably why she did her best impression of an overexaggerated Batman TV villain, complete with Ojousama "Ohohohoho" laugh.

Soul Link should not have been a 13-ep series, for one. That stretches the story too far, and that's bad enough already. But damn it, they could have spent a hell lot less on the stupid (and pedestrian-looking) CGI and more on the actual ARTWORK of the series. Hell, I'll go so far as saying fanfiction versions of this story might actually be AN IMPROVEMENT over what I've seen.

If you still want to watch it, go ahead, but don't say I didn't warn you.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 08:10   Link #583
Black Robed One

Speaking of fanfiction, I wonder... Does anyone know where can I find Soul Link fanfiction? I tried to search for it, but couldn't find any... (And unlike some people who posted in this topic, I REALLY liked Soul Link, and would love to read Soul Link fanfiction as well, if there is any...)
Black Robed One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 08:46   Link #584
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
that s one hell of a necro post resurecting a serie that should have stayed in the abyssal deepth of the "forgotten animes".
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 15:25   Link #585
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
that s one hell of a necro post resurecting a serie that should have stayed in the abyssal deepth of the "forgotten animes".
I, for one, liked it. Maybe more people will watch it, now that the thread was momentarily revived and soon to die again.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 20:04   Link #586
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

argh... ack. ...... <sigh> .... moving along in the interest of the future.
Old 2008-01-07, 20:09   Link #587
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Soul Link wasn't all that bad, could have easily been better.

It does have a wonderful musical score that i'll always love, so it made me happy.
Old 2008-01-07, 20:39   Link #588
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I, for one, liked it. Maybe more people will watch it, now that the thread was momentarily revived and soon to die again.
I found Soul Link to be decent, but not great. It had some interesting moments, but could have been more fleshed out.
Old 2008-01-13, 17:27   Link #589
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
This show was a total waste of time, badly written, badly animated, weak characters...
Old 2008-01-13, 17:57   Link #590
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I consider the time i spent watching this show as one of my worst investments in anime altogether ... and i had almost successfully convinced myself it doesn't exist when i just had to notice this thread

I would have taken considerable efforts for the writing to be any weaker than it was and the plot could easily rival a sieve in terms of holes. *thinks* ... there must be something positive i can say about the show ... *hmmmm* ... oh yea - the OP was actually rather likable. Too bad the series didn't live up to that impression.
Old 2008-04-14, 13:49   Link #591
Tabris

You know, I really wanted to watch it when it was first announced since I love Shuffle!

I just got reminded of it a bit ago (don't know why) and even though it seems to have been panned, I still want to watch it.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 07:45   Link #592
Mazryonh

I'm a fan of Hiro Suzuhira's art, and while I realize that the game Soul Link suffered a bit from "body cloning syndrome" where most male and female characters look as if they've the same eyes and mostly the same body just with variations on the head and hair, the anime didn't quite do justice to Hiro's designs very well.

Granted, it's not as much of an artistic travesty as Ginban Kaleidoscope was to Hiro Suzuhira's designs, but even so, I am driven to wonder if they blew their budget on the CGI instead of spending it on better animation and better adaptation of the game's story.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 08:02   Link #593
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
let this thread DIE!!!!!!!!!!
dont remind me i spent a few hours of my life watching this PoS.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 11:08   Link #594
tyciol
*Artist

I was wondering, did anyone hear about this anime via the mention in the Mistakes of Youth web comic?
http://mistakesofyouth.com/index2.ph...comics/6/index
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, bishoujo, drama, navel, romance, science fiction