AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-12-10, 00:37   Link #7101
MAX_COLA_POWER!

So we're all in agreement. Highlights of the chapter:

1- The return of Ultear, Gerard, and Meldy
2- It's ok to perv over Meldy now because she's legal.
3- Ultear's ass is hypnotic apparently
4- People hating on Gerard because they still don't trust him/he ALWAYS appears in the story in any way, shape, or form/he's in the way of Erza-sama worshippers.
5- Crazy girl Raven Tail member>Ivan.
Old 2011-12-10, 00:39   Link #7102
Ryus
The One Eyed King

^It's like you're reading my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
he was only in prison for 1 yr. Urtear and meredy rescue him 6 yrs ago,
I doubt that he was even in jail a full year ... after all he was arrested between 2 and 3 months before the start of S-class trail arc. Plus Ultear seemed pretty determined to change her ways at the end of S-class and Gerard was about to be executed, so I have no doubt as soon as she was healed she used her knowledge from time as a council member to bust him out when everyone was panicking waiting for Zeref and Acnologia to attack. Ultear is just too well trained to not take advantage of a situation like that.
Old 2011-12-10, 00:53   Link #7103
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Excellent chapter its great to see Gerad and gang are all fine
Old 2011-12-10, 00:55   Link #7104
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
was MS' translation always this bad or was i just not paying attention?
The quality has always varied with the translator, and the translator varies from series to series. The last time they consistently had a really good translator for Fairy Tail, was back in the 220s. When they first started up at chapter 161, they bounced around for a few chapters from good translator to good translator, until the start of the Edoras arc when they settled on an okay translator that could get them translations quickly and consistently. They used him until the end of the Edoras arc, then they got a translator that was good, quick and consistent. He lasted until about 225 then grew too busy with real life work to spend time on fan scanlations, and they went back to the average guy from the Edoras arc. Occasionally a chapter will be translated by one of their other translators, like a couple of chapters ago (which is why Mashima's side comments suddenly returned), or like this one, both the average guy and another guy will have worked on it resulting in varying levels of quality throughout the chapter.

The bottom line is that they're ultimately a speed scan group, and quickness of release will trump quality of translation. They're better at it than a lot of groups like that other group that's cropped up in the last couple of weeks. Still, even with the best translator, the sheer haste will result in errors, like that time Levy was talking about Grimoire Heart, and "dark" accidentally got left out when referring to them as being the strongest dark guild.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 02:16   Link #7105
akire_and_atem

No matter how many people hate him I will ALWAYS love Jellal <3

I really like this chapter, especially
Spoiler for spoiler:

Was it my imagination or did Mashima forogot Levy-chan on the cover??? :/?
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 02:29   Link #7106
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Legal Meredy = hotness

Second Power source seems a bit meh, but I'll wait to see how it plays out before passing judgement. Wonder how things with Erza and Gerard will go.
Old 2011-12-10, 04:00   Link #7107
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

When I saw that Jellal came back in this chapter my first thoughts were "People are so gonna freak out !". I had actually played with the idea of a (sort of) prison break and then creating a covert guild to destroy dark guilds for the council scenario in my head, but I didn't expect to be 75% right

Oh something else I've noticed- Why were Gray and Ultear looking at each other like that ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 04:45   Link #7108
blewin

so convenient - Ul's time magic. I don't know what to think of this plot anymore.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 04:49   Link #7109
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
so convenient - Ul's time magic. I don't know what to think of this plot anymore.
dont worry about the plot just enjoy it ^^
Old 2011-12-10, 05:34   Link #7110
Kafriel
Senior Guest

So...any chance of Erza and Gray (which means Juvia as well) joining CS?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 05:56   Link #7111
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Kinda fell the same way, but I kinda came to expect nothing insanely profound or shocking from the series/author. I'm waiting for

1. Lucy or Levy or Wendy to have a decent battle. Like Natsu, Gray, Erza level decent.
2. Something just completely shocking and unexpected, like origin stories or something. We kinda get them from time to time, minor shocks, but they sometimes turn from intriguing shockers to "dafuq happened there" plot-holes.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 06:05   Link #7112
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Lame powerup is lame... Fortunately the babes made this enjoyable. Also thought Natsu's reaction was funny. But damn, couldn't Mashima come up with something better? Seriously... Ahwell I will probably forget about it once the action starts.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 07:22   Link #7113
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Dat Meredy. That is all.
Old 2011-12-10, 09:17   Link #7114
kitten320

Oh come on! Last chapter it was established that Fairy Tail will stay on the same power level but now author will power them up even more?! That's a real TROLLING which I don't like!

The only enjoyable thing was seeing Ultear and Meredy back -_-
Lol at Ultear when Natsu called her a man.
And I liked Meredy's and Juvia's sweet interection with each other.
Old 2011-12-10, 10:06   Link #7115
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Like some others, I figured there was gonna be a powerup somehow, given the way they lost their training. It is a bit different than having a training arc, and it seems to be how Mashima makes his FT mages stronger. It feels a bit lame, having come out of nowhere, but the story and the surprise of this chapter make up for it, I suppose.

Adult Meredy is good. Ultear's, um, "mark" is nice.

Wondering what Gerad may be up to. It's good, considering his past, we just don't know if there is another motive for him now. Erza may have been burned one too many times to completely trust him, or she sees now that he has another motive.

I assume Raven Tail is still a dark guild, and aren't actually participating in the tournament, but just going to screw Makarov and FT over. Although it doesn't call RT a dark guild, so maybe they have "gone legit" as a cover.

And like at least one other person, there can't be a coincidence about everyone getting muc stronger, and the magic force at this tournament. If someone wanted to increase everyone's magic power, then having a lot of mages train for a tournament would serve as a nice cover to avoid arousing suspicions. Odds are, Zeref is behind it... but for good or evil?

Wonder if Leon and Sherry have hooked up in the past 7 years?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 11:03   Link #7116
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Here comes the power-up. But it happened in a much more better way than expected, as good ol' gerard is back. But power-ups are just a little too convenient for them to be able to fight on equal terms with the enemy.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 11:27   Link #7117
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
If someone wanted to increase everyone's magic power, then having a lot of mages train for a tournament would serve as a nice cover to avoid arousing suspicions. Odds are, Zeref is behind it... but for good or evil?
Based on last arc's closure, it was the end of an age, meaning a new one has begun...hopefully this arc will let us see Zeref's true colours, and maybe explain why he's been around for 400 years :O
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 13:30   Link #7118
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I want my old Merdy back
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 19:10   Link #7119
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Troll Mashima is troll. Powering up via using Ultear's ability is cheap trick. I really dislike the idea of sudden power up, it's like Bleach all over again. I mean I know its not like they will get amazing magic power boost since they are going to awaken hidden potential that lies deep within them but that was still dissapointing in my book. Also seeing Geard out of blue again like this also didn't made me happy at all. Poor Erza I wonder what made her feel uneasy about Gerard now. I hope Gerard has something semi-evil up his sleeve because he is better when he has ulterior motives. I also don't want to share my Erza with this fool. Hope she is not going through romantic breakdown because of Gerard again. Other than that only thing that plased me in this chapter is seeing the new appearance of Meredy. She grown up to be such a nice lady. Her smile sure did touched and stirred my heart. Lastly Vigro's sand rock punishment that she did herself made laugh. She is such a cute lovely side charachter <3!

Note: I liked this new development after timeskip. I mean think about it; usually other shounen manga's such as one piece or naruto makes main charachters incredibly strong after going through such harsh training after timeskip. But in fairy tail, after time skip they didn't powered up up until this last chapter. That's what I loved about this manga so far and make it different from other shounen mangas. Such a clichie development. I wanted to see them what they re going to do in this tournament without receiving magic boost from Ultear's Time Arch ability.

Last edited by Qpax; 2011-12-10 at 19:32.
Qpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 19:12   Link #7120
akire_and_atem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post

Wonder if Leon and Sherry have hooked up in the past 7 years?
don't count on it, since Lyon "fell in love"/hit on Juvia when they met xD
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen