AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-16, 23:48   Link #61
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpalazzo-sama
MahoMaho has already dropped the series, they only released ep1. I actually watch GG, then delete it an wait for the Oyasumi version and re-watch it.
*sigh* I remember someone mentioning that MahoMaho took them quite a while to sub Ep 1.
Old 2006-01-17, 01:39   Link #62
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm just curious to see if PPD can maintain this level of madness for the length of the season. There have been 2 or 3 bland eps but the vast majority have been very funny.

I'm thinking evil thoughts at cdjapan at the moment. They said they had the PPD OST in stock and now they are saying there's a delay due to a temporary shortage... cdjapan just got through canceling an order for another series DVD they claimed to have but suddenly didn't ... this translates to me that they DON'T actually keep stock on hand and that their website doesn't reflect their stock database ... so buyer beware.

On the positive side, PPD got me interested in looking at Azumanga Daioh which is being released in English by ADV ... I picked up vol. 1-3 and died laughing. MY spirit then ordered the new Class Album collection of the series. Okay.. its NOT really like PPD anymore than Shuffle! is ... I'd class it as having more connection to Calvin & Hobbes. The characters are adorable and one just melts when Sakaki pinks up at critters and plushies. I thought I was going to break a rib when I read the "class president acceptance speech". Also interesting is the way they handled "Osaka" Ayumu's supposed speech dialect in the manga. Kind of a "Joi-sey" accent.
Then the anime arrived and I died again (laughing). Absolutely brilliant stuff...
The English dub uses a Houston, TX accent for Osaka which fits the region... but it kind of loses her spacey quality the original Japanese VA had.
Then I died a last time when I realized that the VA for Sakaki (my favorite character) happened to be Asakawa Yuu ... who voiced Motoko (probably my favorite character of all time).

<sigh> quietly waiting for Oyasumi's next release .... perhaps Magikano will distract...

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-01-30 at 23:57.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 01:03   Link #63
misakichii

maybe it's just me but this anime is BORING!!!! i watched the first few episode and did not like it at all.
misakichii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 15:11   Link #64
Macnown

hi
does anyone know how i can download the first 10 episodes, because on animesuki
the torrent links don't work
thanks alot in advance
Macnown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 18:20   Link #65
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misakichii
maybe it's just me but this anime is BORING!!!! i watched the first few episode and did not like it at all.
Ah well, PPD isn't for just anyone.

I've talked to many people who felt the same way, but here i am episode 16 and all - and i love it to bits.

Its strange how people's tastes can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I'm thinking evil thoughts at cdjapan at the moment. They said they had the PPD OST in stock and now they are saying there's a delay due to a temporary shortage...
Vexx, if you wanna order the ost - http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...h-70-12c9.html. Imo this is an OST that any PPD fan must own. ^^
Old 2006-01-30, 23:43   Link #66
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Finally got the PPD OST ..... its wonderful... the background tracks remind me of PDQ Bach --- I haven't heard so much music parody since Dr. Demento.
Though it was really entertaining, I *was* starting to get annoyed around track 35 thinking I'd been "Honey & Clover'd" but the the last five or 10 tracks have the OPs and EDs I really wanted ... though not the second rendition of the retro opener (and I can't remember who sung that second version).
So.. all in all this is one of the best buys in OSTs all season... if you like music humor, this is hilarious.
Old 2006-01-31, 00:44   Link #67
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
but the the last five or 10 tracks have the OPs and EDs I really wanted ... though not the second rendition of the retro opener (and I can't remember who sung that second version).
I believe the second rendition was done by Yukino Satsuki.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 22:16   Link #68
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
Is it me or does PPD Episode 20 from GG Fansubs do not work or requires another codec?
Old 2006-02-03, 23:09   Link #69
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxplizit
Is it me or does PPD Episode 20 from GG Fansubs do not work or requires another codec?
It didn't work for me either. I'm assuming there's a codec I'm missing, and according to G-spot it's the audio one. Does anyone know what audio codec it uses?
Old 2006-02-03, 23:15   Link #70
TBox

Meh, for me it says "ffdshow audio decoder" should be able to do it, but when it attempts an actual render it gives a DirectShow 0x80040111 error, which is just the baffling.
TBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 00:49   Link #71
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
ep 20

Rei wasn't wearing a bra in this episode (according to gg's pdf file at least). D:
Old 2006-02-04, 01:30   Link #72
Wakoeme
spring time of life

Send a message via AIM to Wakoeme
i absolutely love this series. and heres the disturbing part... my girlfriend is basicaly a mirrior image of Himiko, just no blue hair and ahoge... she even says maho... but shes never seen the series o.O;; oh and episode 20 dosent work for me either and im the least to say very pissed that it dosent.
Wakoeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 02:06   Link #73
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakoeme
i absolutely love this series. and heres the disturbing part... my girlfriend is basicaly a mirrior image of Himiko, just no blue hair and ahoge... she even says maho...
Hmm... I don't know whether I should congratulate you or pity you.

Anyway, about the codec issue, according to their website, gg switched the audio to aac, which is causing the trouble. Though I just checked, and supposedly ffdshow supports aac so...
edit: It works in media player classic, even with mpc's internal aac filter disabled. Yet it doesn't work in zoom player or windows media player... odd...

Last edited by Kamui4356; 2006-02-04 at 02:32.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 02:36   Link #74
Avacado Burger
Senpai, we musn't!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxplizit
I really don't fiddle with all that FFDshow, codec, blah blah, crap. I found that Windows Media Classic works pretty good with these type of situations.

Also, in EP 20, does anyone get what
Spoiler:
Avacado Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 03:22   Link #75
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayamaneko
Rei wasn't wearing a bra in this episode (according to gg's pdf file at least). D:
No wonder, her boobs were bouncing that much
But that's quite odd she didn't wear bra to school.Quite a few fan-services. Did you guys noticed that Becky hairstyle was changed too ? "Tsuzuku" from EurekaSeven and "The festem colored mushroom" gave me enough laugh.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 03:24   Link #76
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i use the windows media player and it worked fine for me. have u guys downloaded the hail media spliter?
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 03:40   Link #77
Turmoil

Talking

I finally got it to work with Media Player Classic. That thing has to be one of the best media players, ever. :P

Rei wasn't wearing a bra, indeed.

This was definitely one of the better episodes. Hopefully, we'll be seeying more of movie club vs. drama club...
Turmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 03:56   Link #78
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avacado Burger
Also, in EP 20, does anyone get what
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
i use the windows media player and it worked fine for me. have u guys downloaded the hail media spliter?
It wouldn't make a difference, the file is a .avi. If you're using ffdshow for aac audio, might I ask what build you're using? If not, what are you using for it?
Old 2006-02-04, 05:03   Link #79
Blaat

the Star Wars reference in the beginning with Yoda having a red lightsaber

Anyway I didn't know Kurumi changed hairstyle, when was that?
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 10:42   Link #80
Ilpalazzo-sama

Great episode, certainly goes into my top episodes along with EP1/10/13. I like the new OP as well, though Roulette Roulette is still the best IMO.
Ilpalazzo-sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen