AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-07, 17:28   Link #381
yingofdarkness

I think that is probably the Valkyrie that will replace Alto's VF-25 after SMS leaves and he joins the Frontier military with Luca. Like how his VF-25 got replaced with the Sagittarius-1 in the series.
Old 2010-12-09, 22:24   Link #382
moncikoma

now we know the girl on the dock is sheryl..
i am sure the kiss scene will start here...while in tv series it happened on a terrace of a house

it seems this scene also based on that event

maybe the PSP game triangle frontier is a combination of movie 1st and movie 2nd...

Last edited by moncikoma; 2010-12-09 at 22:38.
Old 2010-12-22, 01:05   Link #383
darkplataform

Exclamation

Quote:
pretty hardcore uh?
Old 2010-12-22, 01:57   Link #384
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Now THAT's a movie poster.
Old 2010-12-22, 02:01   Link #385
moncikoma

WOOOOWWW nice poster!!!! SHERYL IS IN WAR...vs who???? ranka??
Old 2010-12-22, 02:01   Link #386
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Another sneak peak at Alto's new Variable Fighter YF-29.

Old 2010-12-22, 02:38   Link #387
John117xCortana

It looks so odd....
Old 2010-12-22, 03:53   Link #388
magnuskn

Well, wth? First off, whose logo is that on the flag? Galaxies? Frontiers? And what exactly is happening with Altos VF-25 in the background? It kinda looks broken on the ground, but with all the flames around it, it is difficult to tell.
Old 2010-12-22, 05:10   Link #389
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Now, that's one cool poster. Who cares if it makes sense?

Old 2010-12-22, 09:28   Link #390
Irisiel

It's hard to believe that Sheryl (War) and Ranka's (Magical Girl) posters are advertising the same movie.

The flag emblem looks like a stylised bird human (with the heart being the "pulse" that Vajra do when Ranka sings). I wonder, if they skip Sheryl's illness, will they make her, with Grace, betray Frontier, hence Sheryl hoists the Vajra flag while Alto's valkyrie burns in the background (or I'm just reading too much into one poster, the first movie's posters didn't exactly give away the plot either, on the other hand, this is supposed to be Ranka's movie, and we all know how effective it is to ship off one point of the triangle to Vajra-planet to focus on the other girl).

On the other hand, the top of the stylised bird human shows a small sprout, which might be about humantradi cultivating relations with Vajra while settling on Vajra-planet (I wonder what they'll call it? Eden and Earth are taken, so maybe Hive or something insect-like to honour the Vajra).

Either case, if the posters are simply translating the "tone" of the movie (like the first ones did), it seems like we're in for another "Ranka is being playfully moe rising songstress while Sheryl picks up her slack and drives the war songs to save everyone" thing. Are they going to make the same mistake as they did in the series by childifying Ranka and showing Sheryl as a force of nature?

So many theories, so little to base them on...
Old 2010-12-22, 09:50   Link #391
justavisitor

"same mistake"?? again, guess this is where I can't agree with you (plus, this is not a thread to discuss about this)...move on

I like this poster better than the Ranka poster, even tho I am a Ranka fan XD...imo, I hope macross will be more focused on the tech part...a little magic is ok, but Ranka's healing ability in ep 25 is off the scale...hope they will have a different way to heal Sheryl if again Sheryl got that sickness in the movie

just my opinion
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-12-22, 10:19   Link #392
Lancel

Gwahahaha, that is hardcore. I love that poster! I want a version of it I can use as a desktop wallpaper.

YF-29 is coming along nicely. Gunpod looks a bit like the YF-19's, and it still looks like a good old fashioned ballistic weapon. I half-expected to see something more akin to Brera's particle lance given the Tornado pack's beam spam. It looks like it's back to the single head laser similar to the YF-19 as well, though there might be a pair of guns on the sides, it's a bit hard to tell, might have triple mountings like the VF-19S in Macross 7. I like how the YF-29 looks in fighter mode at least, but I still want to see it transform. I can make some guesses as to how it will transform, pretty similar to the 25, but I will call one feature of its transformation as the wings retracting inward in Battroid mode, you can kinda see how that's supposed to go at the midpoint between the wing engine and the wing joint, that outer section pulls inward.
Old 2010-12-22, 10:41   Link #393
John117xCortana

The wings look a bit too small and would snap of when the pilot is executing a very high G turn in the atmosphere.
Old 2010-12-22, 10:49   Link #394
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
The wings look a bit too small and would snap of when the pilot is executing a very high G turn in the atmosphere.
No smaller than the YF-19's, but structural integrity is a common problem in modern times with a swept-forward wing style. Valkyries though are demonstrably much more durable than modern jets. You smash them into things and they don't break.
Old 2010-12-22, 10:53   Link #395
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

I. WANT. THAT. POSTER.

*q*

And I love the aura it presents. A foreboding crazy-ass bloodoil-spilling fiery war of awesome machinery, oui?
Old 2010-12-22, 11:00   Link #396
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
I. WANT. THAT. POSTER.

*q*

And I love the aura it presents. A foreboding crazy-ass bloodoil-spilling fiery war of awesome machinery, oui?
Quoted for truth. I want that poster too. Badly.
Old 2010-12-22, 11:07   Link #397
justavisitor

is that vf-29 the final color version ?? it looks pink lol
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-12-22, 11:11   Link #398
moncikoma

-so it's gonna be...VAJRA VS HUMAN
that is why ranka cried...

-vf messiah destroyed.... alto use an new YF

-sheryl is a man...

TRAP???!!
Old 2010-12-22, 11:20   Link #399
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post
TRAP???!!
No, Ackbar, not this time. That's just overly tight and probably uncomfortable.

As for Alto's Valkyrie, it's in the fire, but it doesn't look wrecked, so I don't think it was conquered, but more that it was fighting. I mean it does look to still be standing! Sheryl in this poster kinda has a whole goddess of victory flavor to her.

P.S. Stop editing your post!
Old 2010-12-22, 11:29   Link #400
Ceci-chan
(・∀ノゝ)~キラ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
I. WANT. THAT. POSTER.

*q*

Indeed <3
So beautiful~~ ( / *A*)/

|facebook.twitter|
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song