AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-02-29, 11:07   Link #41
Namorax

Did you read ahead? As far as we know, the noble could be keeping track of Arc from the shadows. And besides, there are only two witnesses to the whole thing, who may or may not be objective and accurate in their portrayal of the events.

If someone starts telling a story about a warrior who can cleave apart his opponents from far away, who slays his enemies with a single, casual swing of his sword... do you assume the story to be factual, or to be "slightly" embellished?

Just because the noble father isn't trying to get acquainted with Arc at any price, doesn't mean he isn't keeping track of him. Arc isn't exactly inconspicious, and even if he happens to shake anyone tailing him when he starts teleporting around, it isn't that difficult to sent a few agents into the surrounding cities to look for a giant knight in white full-body armor.
Maybe he will approach Arc in one of the later chaoters for something?
The little lady is obviously not a one-bit character...
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-29, 22:33   Link #42
Elestia

I maybe taking his words a little too much on face-value, but he seemed oddly dismissive of Arc when the maid was reporting the details of the ambush to him.

Quote:
“If the person said he didn’t need anything then it is alright. Rather, I could breathe a sigh of relief because it doesn’t seem like his involved with the second prince faction. Anyway, I need to send out the order to retrieve Maudlin’s and the other bodies. You are dismissed.”
There did not seem to be any other indication that he had any other interested in Arc, which I find strange. It might be he did secretly send someone to dig up some info, but the author gives a lot of reason why no one should care about him.

Even when he starts working as an adventurer the town quickly grows accustomed to his presence besides the initial surprise.
Old 2016-03-01, 06:19   Link #43
Namorax

Well, maybe they have so many problems they don't want to add another one to the pile?
That or he doesn't know/realise how strong Arc really is... if Arc wasn't the MC, nobody would give a wandering warrior a second glance, even if he saved the local lord's daughter.
In a realistic or normal situation, the wanderer would try to insinuate himself into the employ of the noble. How often does a high-ranking noble run after someone from the streets just because?
And if Arc joined the noble's employ, who can tell if Arc is a spy and the whole affair was a trick to turn Arc into the inside man?

Instead, the daughter was saved, the saviour was rewarded, and now father needs to go deal with the political intrigues and the bastard who tried to kill his daughter.
Old 2016-03-01, 06:37   Link #44
travelingbum

do take note that the person that did it is using a machine or whatever and isn't exactly getting the contents right.
Quote:
“If the person said he didn’t need anything then it is alright. Rather, I could breathe a sigh of relief because it doesn’t seem like his involved with the second prince faction. Anyway, I need to send out the order to retrieve Maudlin’s and the other bodies. You are dismissed.”
about a 65%
first part is okay enough.
2nd part was lost.
3rd part was cut and removed.

and yeah the story has holes.... like what the hell is the king even doing.... or did i forget and he was already dead?
heck the 2 princes have like sold out the kingdom to others that have more hostile intentions..........

so the nobles having to decide which prince or princess to support.

Last edited by travelingbum; 2016-03-01 at 06:48.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-08, 20:49   Link #45
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Arc getting hired by the sexy Elf
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 01:50   Link #46
TheCatWalk
The avid 'HAREM HATER!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcu17 View Post
This is giving me flashbacks to Overlord. I hate Overlord. Glad to hear that it's nothing like it!
Why hare Overlord? Because the mc kills innocent?
TheCatWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 01:59   Link #47
TheCatWalk
The avid 'HAREM HATER!'

Great! Not Harem!!!
TheCatWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 02:11   Link #48
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Not harem because not romance?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 07:40   Link #49
Namorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatWalk View Post
Why hare Overlord? Because the mc kills innocent?
Overlord teaches you to NOT get attached to any waifus or characters.
Chances are they die messily, in a way they do not deserve.
And if we are honest, these ends ARE "bad ends". IN any other novel or game, the player would reload an older save to avoid this fate.
Old 2016-04-24, 02:06   Link #50
Nvis

Bumping this cause it'll go to limbo and I can't find it.
Old 2016-05-23, 03:21   Link #51
King of the End

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingbum View Post
do take note that the person that did it is using a machine or whatever and isn't exactly getting the contents right.

about a 65%
first part is okay enough.
2nd part was lost.
3rd part was cut and removed.

and yeah the story has holes.... like what the hell is the king even doing.... or did i forget and he was already dead?
heck the 2 princes have like sold out the kingdom to others that have more hostile intentions..........

so the nobles having to decide which prince or princess to support.
For argument's sake what is the line supposed to say when properly translated?

Is anyone else getting that invalid security certificate for the site?
King of the End is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 03:22   Link #52
Breimn

Yes, i am getting it too since yesterday.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 03:55   Link #53
travelingbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the End View Post
For argument's sake what is the line supposed to say when properly translated?
well my poor english would end up being something like

If the person said they don't want anything then that's fine isn't it. Rather, if anyone approached then they could only be thought of as the second prince's faction. I will order to recover Maudlin and the others bodies, and sweeping the remnants. You are dismissed.

ya my english is terrible...

Last edited by travelingbum; 2016-05-23 at 22:54.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-24, 01:59   Link #54
King of the End

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingbum View Post
well my poor english would end up being something like

If the person said they don't want anything then that's fine isn't it. Rather, if anyone approached then they could only be thought of as the second prince's faction. I will order to recover Maudlin and the others bodies, and sweeping the remnants. You are dismissed.

ya my english is terrible...
That's actually a lot more legible than you give yourself credit for. Yes there are obvious areas were the grammar could be improved, but for the most part it gets the message across. Might be whatever online dictionaries the translator is using to help make sense of what he translates is giving him different but similar definitions for the words he looks up.
King of the End is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-19, 23:29   Link #55
Nvis

SUPER BUMP because I'm reading this.
Old 2016-06-20, 00:35   Link #56
Elestia

I am too, but it's been kind of a meh read so far.
Old 2016-06-20, 00:44   Link #57
Nvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
I am too, but it's been kind of a meh read so far.
Even when the Princess got killed?

Arc keeping a low profile is what I hoped Momonga/Ainz should do......and plunders his victims.
Old 2016-06-20, 07:29   Link #58
Elestia

Maybe because Arc is kind of boring MC to read compared to Ainz. He doesn't have any real good chemistry with anyone he has met, even with Ariane who is suppose to be the main heroine.
Old 2016-06-20, 11:11   Link #59
Namorax

Well, Ainz is a totally different cup of tea.
This is going more towards "Death March", with the adventures being more episodic/slice-of-life-ish.

Just because they are both skeletons doesn't mean you can compare them... *shrugs*
but yes, there is little to no tension in this. One might wonder what will happen to other characters, but Arc will always have something to pull out of his... ribs whenever the author needs a MacGuffin to advance the plot.

It's light reading to kill time and it doesn't have the obligatory "I don't want to scare away part of my readership because they don't like the heroine, so I'll just make a harem" thing.
Old 2016-06-20, 13:41   Link #60
Elestia

I'm speaking in more simpler terms when comparing Ainz to Arc. Is Arc an interesting MC? What do I know about him as a character? He's a very standard and unassuming OP character. Besides saving people and commenting about Ariane's breasts every so often there's nothing else about him that stands out. And this is not just limited to Arc, but to all the characters that's been introduced.

For example, the second princess died. Why should we care? What kind of a princess was she? Do we know what kind of hopes, goals, or ambitions she held? Did her death held any meaning to us as a reader other than a plot device?

For me, there's no incentive to invest into caring about the characters so far. It's just meh so far.

Tags
clumsy protagonist, cursed protagonist, not harem, skeleton paladin