AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-08-22, 11:40   Link #181
Magewolf

I think the money question was just a sop to whatever remains of Ainz's conscience. Since even Ainz adventures for money.

As for the whole "prepared to die thing" it is meaningless in this case because what they are actually doing is taking a calculated risk but in a situation where they are incapable of making a correct calculation since they are dealing with horrors from another universe.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-22, 11:53   Link #182
Rimbo99

The big question is whether or not Arche dies? Should Arche die to see Ainz's transition into the monster or let her live and show that there is some good in him.
Rimbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-22, 12:06   Link #183
Belgaesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimbo99 View Post
The big question is whether or not Arche dies? Should Arche die to see Ainz's transition into the monster or let her live and show that there is some good in him.
Ainz already answered that, saying that everyone will die and he is not someone to change his mind once set. If there is anyone with a chance to survive are the elf slaves, everyone else is already dead.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-22, 13:25   Link #184
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well that went just as expected. Those who actually died were the luckily ones. Those poor saps had no clue just how much terror they would actually encounter. I wonder what happened to the elves? They could actually be useful given that they know magic. But they just might end up being another experiment. I felt especially bad for the two that got eaten alive by cockroaches
Old 2018-08-22, 14:07   Link #185
eiyuuou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The Workers and Adventurers are both in it for money. It just so happens that due to regulations, Adventurers can't actually go into the Tomb. Regulations which, BTW, aren't about the rights of Undead or other Monsters currently occupying the Tomb (what Ainz is killing them over), but the rights of the polity nominally in control of that territory (the Re-Estize Kingdom).

That would be largely unimportant as Adamantite adventurers are treated as heroes regardless of their nationality. Would gold ranked and lower adventurers ignore the advice of a hero about the mysterious tomb of unknown difficulty? even more when the tomb is in the territory where he came from?
For the other guy, Momon is Re-Estize Hero, so Re-Estize guild will definitely consult his opinion first.

Spoiler:
Old 2018-08-22, 14:49   Link #186
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuuou View Post
That would be largely unimportant as Adamantite adventurers are treated as heroes regardless of their nationality. Would gold ranked and lower adventurers ignore the advice of a hero about the mysterious tomb of unknown difficulty? even more when the tomb is in the territory where he came from?
For the other guy, Momon is Re-Estize Hero, so Re-Estize guild will definitely consult his opinion first.
I've no idea what you're getting at.

My point is that the motivations for being part of this enterprise are the same for Adventurers and Workers, and that the legal issues don't stem from worrying about what monsters think when people come into their lair to kill them and take their stuff.

Could Momon use his status to get out of trouble if it came out he helped and noble from the Empire (with which the Kingdom is at war) mount an expedition in the Kingdom to plunder some newly discovered tomb? Yes, probably. But that's not the issue at present.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 00:59   Link #187
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
I think Ainz just asked that question for self-satisfaction;
Eh I think his reaction about it being a silly question shows he did not.
He wanted to see if they were forced to do it or just taking the job for the money.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 07:27   Link #188
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Regardless of the moral implications of Momonga's decision, the plan here is to make Nazarick be known in the whole world, and by acting this way he's going to make it known as the den of an outrageous evil.

If I was in his place I would have tried to make Nazarick appear at least as a power you can reason with. You know, you trespass, you get a warning, you ignore it, you get killed. Instead he proceeded to the killing part directly. I mean for all that those workers knew, the place could have been just abandoned and inhabited by mindless undead only.

If he keeps proceeding this way, the nations all around him might end up joining together to defeat him, including the power that converted Shalltear.

That might be in theme with his role as the evil overlord, but behind his skeletal mask he's still a human trapped in another world trying to figure out what's going on and find out if there are other Ygdrasil players around. It wouldn't avail him much to find them, if the moment he does they are so pissed at him that they want to kill him.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 11:51   Link #189
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Wrong.
It's like a shady organization specifically targets people who are not protected by the law because they know that no one will care if those people disappear.
If the reason those people weren't protected by the law was because they chose to conduct illegal activities, it's their own fault.
Quote:
If he doesn't want to kill innocent people, he should have thoroughly investigated them, instead of asking one single vague question.
Do you investigate every robber who breaks into your home before shooting them? Beside, he already gave them a chance by placing gold enough for them to live their whole life at the entrance. If they had been just poor people with a desparated need for money, they would have taken them and left. Instead they entered the tomb with the full intention of murdering everthing inside. They deserve no pity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I mean for all that those workers knew, the place could have been just abandoned and inhabited by mindless undead only.
Maybe the anime delivered this poorly, but the workers already knew the tomb was inhabited when they saw its clean entrance. It meant someone was living there and did the job. And no way mindless skeletons could do such feat.
Quote:
That might be in theme with his role as the evil overlord, but behind his skeletal mask he's still a human trapped in another world trying to figure out what's going on and find out if there are other Ygdrasil players around. It wouldn't avail him much to find them, if the moment he does they are so pissed at him that they want to kill him.
If the players he finds out are his guildmates, they will be cool with him since their negative karma and monstrous body will make them as evil as him, maybe more since many of them are man eating monsters. If they aren't, he already plans to kill any hostile player.

Last edited by Fwarlord; 2018-08-23 at 12:04.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 11:52   Link #190
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Even the compose Yuri got irritated when that guy laughed at them wearing a maid uniform.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 12:01   Link #191
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
If the reason those people weren't protected by the law was because they chose to conduct illegal activities, it's their own fault.
What they're doing is possibly legal, and that's not why they die.

They die because they (unknowingly) disrespected Ainz Ooal Gown. Which isn't illegal according to the laws of the Kingdom.

Quote:
Do you investigate every robber who breaks into your home before shooting them? Beside, he already gave them a chance by placing gold enough for them to live their whole life at the entrance. If they had been just poor people with a desparated need for money, they would have taken them and left. Instead they entered the tomb with the full intention of murdering everthing inside. They deserve no pity.
I'm pretty sure stealing that gold is still a death sentence. Heck, the party that didn't enter the Tomb proper still got ambushed.
Old 2018-08-23, 12:13   Link #192
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Yeah, and if a girl wears a revealing outfit in the street, it's her own fault for getting raped, right?
Please stop victim blaming FFS!

Quote:
Do you investigate every robber who breaks into your home before shooting them?
WTF?
How can you even twist facts like that?
THIS IS NOT SELF DEFENSE!
If you yourself lure people to go into your house where you are waiting with deadly force with full intention of killing them, then there's nothing that can justify your action.

Last edited by TheForsaken; 2018-08-23 at 12:23.
TheForsaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 14:40   Link #193
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Ainz is pragmatic. He'll follow a course of action if it provides a benefit to Nazarick regardless of if its monsters or humans being sacrificed. We were told this was Demiurge's plan and Ainz is clearly in favor of the results. The people that are bothered by this should ask themselves why they weren't bothered when those Ogres were forced to attack Carne Village and die, yet voice complaints when humans were sent to their deaths.
Old 2018-08-23, 15:21   Link #194
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Or when he conquered the Lizardmen, with many deaths in the process.

They should also remember that he's already ordered the slaughter of thousands of innocents as a result of Demiurge's invasion of the capital.
Old 2018-08-23, 19:17   Link #195
wissenschaft

As I said, this was a good episode to remind everyone who the bad guys of this show are.
Old 2018-08-23, 23:56   Link #196
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
If the players he finds out are his guildmates, they will be cool with him since their negative karma and monstrous body will make them as evil as him, maybe more since many of them are man eating monsters.
Even "Touch Me"?

Quote:
If they aren't, he already plans to kill any hostile player.
He can't blame players to be hostile against him if he kills their friends. Especially since he himself was pretty angry at Clementine for killing his adventurers acquaintances.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-24, 00:44   Link #197
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Even "Touch Me"?

He can't blame players to be hostile against him if he kills their friends. Especially since he himself was pretty angry at Clementine for killing his adventurers acquaintances.
Ainz also said he can be quite a hypocrite. I'm not sure how Touch Me would react. Remember, Ainz being undead has effected his morality. No sure how Touch Me's race would effect his.
Old 2018-08-24, 00:50   Link #198
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89 View Post
Ainz is pragmatic. He'll follow a course of action if it provides a benefit to Nazarick regardless of if its monsters or humans being sacrificed. We were told this was Demiurge's plan and Ainz is clearly in favor of the results. The people that are bothered by this should ask themselves why they weren't bothered when those Ogres were forced to attack Carne Village and die, yet voice complaints when humans were sent to their deaths.
No, I'm not bothered at all.
It is abundantly clear that Ainz & co. are evil and they have no problems murdering innocent people for their own benefit.
But it seems that there are some people here still believing that Ainz did nothing wrong and his victims are the ones who are at fault
Old 2018-08-24, 02:25   Link #199
Ultragunner

"innocent" is a bit much tho. Sure, most of the workers are probably decent human beings (except that guy with the elves, fck'hm! ).
From Ainz' perspective, these people are just a greedy bunch who have come to pillage his home. There is no real malice in it (as in they are not trying to hurt Nazarick), but it is what it is.

But on the other hand, yeah, Ainz is no longer thinking with regular normal human moral anymore. He doesn't need to brutally slaughter everyone, it wasn't absolutely necessary, but he did it anyway.

The only thing that prevent him from going full one evil/malice is his sense of honour. He will not harm not-hostile people or things, and even provide protection/blessing upon those that hold proper respect on him and Nazarick (the little sister from a few eps ago). And of course, Ainz would not go back on his words and promise
Old 2018-08-24, 02:34   Link #200
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
The only thing that prevent him from going full one evil/malice is his sense of honour. He will not harm not-hostile people or things,
Like I said in my previous post, he already did.