AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-20, 19:35   Link #121
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Really surprised me I finally got around to seeing the first episode. I really liked it the story is fun and somewhat original and for a change they show a slob of a girl instead of guy. I love music so more musical animes are up my ally i especially love how the girl has perfect pitch. this should be interesting. my fav part has to be the end where she thinks shes in love and hes trying to get away from her. classic looking forward to more
Old 2007-01-20, 20:20   Link #122
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

I really can't wait for the OST for this series. There's a beautiful version of Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 14 (aka the Moonlight Sonata) around ~12 mins in to episode 2. The OST would be worth buying for that track alone. ^^;

Mine is an interesting character, too. Not having read the manga or seen the drama I can only imagine what kind of a trio they could end up being.
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 20:22   Link #123
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asai View Post
I really can't wait for the OST for this series. There's a beautiful version of Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 14 (aka the Moonlight Sonata) around ~12 mins in to episode 2. The OST would be worth buying for that track alone. ^^;
Just so you know - those tracks probably won't appear on the Soundtrack. Reasons being pretty obvious, so its something you should keep in mind before getting all hyped up for it. :3
Old 2007-01-20, 20:34   Link #124
masama
use the fōrks ~

another fine episode, haven't laughed this hard for a while it hurts

cant get enough of Nodame
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 23:50   Link #125
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Just so you know - those tracks probably won't appear on the Soundtrack. Reasons being pretty obvious, so its something you should keep in mind before getting all hyped up for it. :3
Don't worry. If you hit up play asia for cdjapan, you'll see that there's a crapload of Classical music compilations branded as "Nodame Cantabile". I figured they are probably compilations of the pieces the characters play in the manga, but since they are in the manga they are bound to be in the anime as well. So there you have your anime ost, lol.
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 23:51   Link #126
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore View Post
I'm only freelance translating for C1. This is my first and most likely last (for now) project with them.

うわ、どうもすみませんw
主題歌や挿入歌等の翻訳はあまり得意じゃないので間違いがいつも出てきてしまいます。直してくれてありがと うございます。助かりました。
We are not impressed by your moonranguage abirity!
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 23:54   Link #127
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDOS_GRANDE View Post
Don't worry. If you hit up play asia for cdjapan, you'll see that there's a crapload of Classical music compilations branded as "Nodame Cantabile". I figured they are probably compilations of the pieces the characters play in the manga, but since they are in the manga they are bound to be in the anime as well. So there you have your anime ost, lol.
I didn't say it won't happen, i'm just a lil' shocked it has. Anyway, here's the link for people: Linky~

& please, no double posting in the future - its not allowed around here. :3
Old 2007-01-21, 03:32   Link #128
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Oh, Kawasumi Ayako! I thought she could do anything and it sounds like she can. Just great. The whole cast, so far, is hitting the right notes for me. Including Mine (Kawada Shinji). I loved the live-action drama, but Mine, too, seems just a little less over-the-top than there and more effective for me. In look and sound, I can take him more seriously. The pacing of the story is moving smoothly and quickly, without any wasted motion, but still feeling spacious.

The look of the characters continues to work so well for me. The way Ninomiya Tomoko first drew them is how they should look. One thing that was changed was the CD label when Chiaki was listening to Beethoven's Seventh Symphony at around 7:45. In the manga (v1p120), the label is "Londo(n)." In the anime, it's "Tomoko Grammophon," a play on Deutsche Grammophon using the mangaka's name.

As I mentioned before, I've made a page with pics of the characters and their seiyuus.

There are several CDs associated with the drama, and I think the music is supposed to be by the same specially-recruited "Orchestra du Nodame". I've clicked through to the Japanese track listings for some of them from the cdjapan page, but I don't see the Moonlight Sonata. I feel sure they will milk the music for as many CDs as they can sell, though.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-01-21 at 23:53.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 03:40   Link #129
Skane
Anime Snark

Started watching recently, mainly because of the pedigree behind it. Enjoying it thus far, as a total newcomer to the Nodame Cantabile story. Oddly enough, as Chiaki was shampooing Nodame's hair, it occured to me that it looked as though he was washing a pet dog, so it was to my amusement that Chiaki DID feel that way. I guess it goes to show how brilliant the anime has been in portraying the scenes. Good gravy, I was almost laughing to the point of tears at some of the scenes, such as the goo and the ants.

Cheers.
Old 2007-01-21, 04:21   Link #130
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep2 ~ well it seems to me that Chiaki is secretly building up his own orchestra ~ now with Mine added to the mix and somewat under his command

tonnes of cracks and side splitting jokes ~ ahh i can get enough of nodame's sweet sweet antics ^__^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 11:43   Link #131
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacy View Post
You would think that its obvious, but to people who are not familiar with Nodame don't truly grasp it until they are informed; whether from 'subtitles' or from other fans or whatever. Like I said, that question was just a out of curiosity. I also downloaded C1Anime's version out of curiosity. Trust me, there are people out there who don't/didn't know what she says. Obviously, this does not apply to people who are already a fan of Nodame.
I agree with Lunacy. I didn't read the manga nor watch the drama, so I didn't know that Nodame has "catchphrases". I thought they were mere "ugh" and "ack". I think it'll be cool if those were included in the subs, but it's up to C1Anime~
Old 2007-01-21, 12:42   Link #132
Skane
Anime Snark

Well, [Froth-Bite] does include those catchphrases in their subtitles. So that's an option for those who want it.

Cheers.
Old 2007-01-21, 13:33   Link #133
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well, I'm watching Kanon and seen Rozen Maiden so that may also be why I picked up on those catchphrases. I don't need to see them in the fansubs. Prob won't be in a R1 release either, so why get spoiled now?

But Skane did say we have a choice now. Catchphrase and catchphrase-less.
Old 2007-01-21, 20:41   Link #134
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Oh thanks for the info Skane, I wasnt sure on the catch phrases either. Omg this is so funny, Nodame eating had me rolling on the floor!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 22:55   Link #135
Lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
I agree with Lunacy. I didn't read the manga nor watch the drama, so I didn't know that Nodame has "catchphrases". I thought they were mere "ugh" and "ack". I think it'll be cool if those were included in the subs, but it's up to C1Anime~
I brought that up not to be rude or picky, but for the sake of future Nodame fans. Again, I am truly greatful to every fansub group out there for their translation work, but its amazing how many people have guessed wrong on her catchphrases. (Example: "mukya" as "pukya" or "ugya".. which is close and more fascinating than the actual catchphrase, but its wrong and I don't have the heart to correct them). I do apologise if it came across as being nitpicky. I was just curious is all. If it does get licensed I would actually expect the same thing.

About the soundtrack... there are many soundtracks already available for both the manga and drama: 100 Best Collection, Nodame Orchestra, character CDs, CD selection vol. 1 & vol. 2 etc. Now one for the anime. They are totally milking it as expected.
Lunacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 23:15   Link #136
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

So which one is the best? The anime version looked like it had the drama stuff in it too.
Old 2007-01-22, 04:31   Link #137
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I have got to burn all these extraneous and done-with anime series. Just wait for me, and I'll get to watch these sumptuous episodes ...
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 06:31   Link #138
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I found the second episode to be rushed compared to how the first was done - also missing out a few parts from the manga.. they weren't needed for the story, though they're in the story for a reason. Ah well - i'm still loving the anime version. Like i said before, actually being able to hear the music works.. though i've always enjoyed humming it in my head when reading the manga. :3
Old 2007-01-22, 07:46   Link #139
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

That's why I prefer not reading a manga before going into an anime. It lets me minimize expectations so I don't find myself constantly comparing to the source.

Ep 2.

That's it. This show has completely won me over. And the reason, surprisingly enough, is the comedy. The jokes work perfectly in this episode, and I constantly found myself laughing (as the old cliche goes) out loud. I'm starting to think more and more that this is how you build likeable characters in a show like this: you set a foundation with good comedy. After that the rest is trivial... (well, in whatever dream land I live in).

Chiaki is tsundere...
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 08:02   Link #140
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
That's why I prefer not reading a manga before going into an anime. It lets me minimize expectations so I don't find myself constantly comparing to the source.
Seeing as though i've been reading the manga over a year now.. i can't really help it. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Chiaki is tsundere...
Thats where the route of his wonderfulness begins.

Tags
comedy, nodame cantabile, noitamina, romance