Notices

Old 2008-11-11, 15:22   Link #1461
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
This recent news may be bad news for Strike Witches season two:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ut-from-8-to-4

Shitty mmorpg adaptions have higher priority than the best otaku show of the year...so unfair.

Agree, this new make me sad, is really a shame. Druaga is not so bad but the rest...meh, SW deserve a second season. -.-
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 16:01   Link #1462
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

Well, I do believe Gonzo will make Strike Witches or in the worst scenario sell it to another company.

Strike Witches was the most succesfull Gonzo show in years and is probably the only show that can save them.
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 22:32   Link #1463
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Makes me realize another way in which SW is unrealistic...in real life, you wouldn't be allowed to join the Navy if you had impaired vision...Perrine too, would not be able to enlist.
Actually you can enlist into the Navy with impaired vision, and you can become a Naval Aviator with glasses, so long as your glasses bring your vision back to 20/20. Though in most cases you'd be placed as RIO... if you need reading glasses they don't have a problem sticking you in the front seat (the annual Red Flag excercises between USAF Agressors & everyone else inevitably feature old dudes from various ANG and AFRES units with old school glasses who nontheless hold their own against the young bucks).

Don't believe me? Check out this guy's blog. Pinch is a recently-retired RIO who spent almost 30 years in uniform, active and reserve, being a RIO in that plan of pure concentrated Badass and Justice: the F-14 Tomcat.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 07:04   Link #1464
suki-gin
AnimeSuki Lurker

Send a message via AIM to suki-gin Send a message via MSN to suki-gin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Actually you can enlist into the Navy with impaired vision, and you can become a Naval Aviator with glasses, so long as your glasses bring your vision back to 20/20.
Oh my~ That really changes my career path now..

We should make a second thread, I guess. We're nearing on 100 pages now.
suki-gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 09:45   Link #1465
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki-gin View Post
We should make a second thread, I guess. We're nearing on 100 pages now.
74 is nearing 100?

Interesting discussion here.

4 years ago, i thought a half year about, if i want to to be an airliner pilot or a fighter. Well, im an airliner now, cause the chances are low, to be a fighter pilot in germany. Plus, im not a fan of the Tornado and Eurofighter.
Old 2008-11-12, 22:34   Link #1466
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My "internet" was down tonight so I was watching a few eps of Strike Witches .... this really was a fun re-interpretation of the "classic war story of a fighting unit from the POV of the new recruit". Nice flying animation at times as well.

I think I've finally gotten used to the combat briefs but mostly because watching the show no one says a single word about them. If you're going to do science fiction - that's the best way to handle an oddity. Everyone just takes it for granted.
Still some annoying camera angles though
Old 2008-11-13, 21:50   Link #1467
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Checking out some of Fumikane's WWII MM reveals something of interest, there are certain China loli MM which proves the Fuso Expedition was indeed a refugee migration (Well I forgot where the images are but it kind of hints at it). Shame no Black Hand exists.
Old 2008-11-15, 14:49   Link #1468
Solafighter
Hige

Oh.. an OVA is out. .. mmmh *getting it*
Old 2008-11-17, 06:16   Link #1469
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

A scene from Zettai Karen Children has this...

Spoiler for Time Warp:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 10:11   Link #1470
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Spoiler for Time Warp:

OMG LOL ROFL ROFL!!!

Nice find.
Old 2008-11-17, 19:35   Link #1471
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
That was the one Zettai Karen episode where Gonzo were involved with the animation.
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 19:54   Link #1472
mg1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Spoiler for Time Warp:

photoshop?
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 21:53   Link #1473
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
photoshop?
Nope.

Missed that episode myself though.
Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 22:39   Link #1474
mg1942

I have no problem delaying season 2. It's gonna get drowned by other projects in 2009 anyway. GONZO might revive this franchise in 2010 because there will be less anime to make and I think they don't want to gamble on risky projects during recession.
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 19:01   Link #1475
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
I have no problem delaying season 2. It's gonna get drowned by other projects in 2009 anyway. GONZO might revive this franchise in 2010 because there will be less anime to make and I think they don't want to gamble on risky projects during recession.
If I were Gonzo I would cancel one of their 2009 projects (that are drowning it) and start working in Strike Witches by now.
They are in a bad financial situation and no one knows if they can survive till 2010 without Strike Witches.
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 17:27   Link #1476
einhorn303

"Thank you very much for shopping with YesAsia.com.

Regarding your recent order #-------, we regret to inform you that after an extensive search we have found that the following item(s) is/are not available at this time.

Catalog No. Title Quantity
1012985742 shimada fumikane a to wa kusu ART WORKS 1

Our suppliers have informed us that the above item(s) is/are not likely to be replenished in the near future. As such, we are removing the unavailable item(s) from your order. We will notify you by email if the unavailable item(s) become available again."

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

And that was with a *pre-order*. I guess now it's going to be pretty much impossible to find the Shimada artbook, outside paying outrageously inflated prices on eBay, which I refuse to do. YesAsia really betrayed my trust here. orz

Is anyone else getting the Shimada artbook? It looks soooo beautiful. Ah, Christmas just won't be the same now...
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 01:43   Link #1477
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
"Thank you very much for shopping with YesAsia.com.

Regarding your recent order #-------, we regret to inform you that after an extensive search we have found that the following item(s) is/are not available at this time.

Catalog No. Title Quantity
1012985742 shimada fumikane a to wa kusu ART WORKS 1

Our suppliers have informed us that the above item(s) is/are not likely to be replenished in the near future. As such, we are removing the unavailable item(s) from your order. We will notify you by email if the unavailable item(s) become available again."

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

And that was with a *pre-order*. I guess now it's going to be pretty much impossible to find the Shimada artbook, outside paying outrageously inflated prices on eBay, which I refuse to do. YesAsia really betrayed my trust here. orz

Is anyone else getting the Shimada artbook? It looks soooo beautiful. Ah, Christmas just won't be the same now...
I preordered from Amazon.jp. Got it, it's quite nice. To say the least .

I've also had horrible horrible service from YesAsia when I was trying to buy the SW novels. Keyword, trying <_<. You can't even send them angry emails since the feedback email they give you doesn't exist . Never gonna order anything I really want to have from them again. Play-asia isn't much better.

Edit:
Got DVD 3. The himegoe CD has Yeager and Lucchini, not Sanya. o.o
Instead, we get more irrelevant articles in the booklet, like "Naked Miyafuji", "Naked Sanya", and "Naked Eila". The serious articles aren't all too interesting either, from a quick glance.

Last edited by selkirk; 2008-11-28 at 06:12.
selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 13:42   Link #1478
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
I've also had horrible horrible service from YesAsia when I was trying to buy the SW novels. Keyword, trying <_<. You can't even send them angry emails since the feedback email they give you doesn't exist . Never gonna order anything I really want to have from them again.
For limited items you need to get your order in early, like a month or more in advance. Most of the occasions where I've missed out have been when I ordered within a week of or after release. You can contact them through a form on the website, but it is tricky to get through to it.

Quote:
Got DVD 3. The himegoe CD has Yeager and Lucchini, not Sanya. o.o
Instead, we get more irrelevant articles in the booklet, like "Naked Miyafuji", "Naked Sanya", and "Naked Eila". The serious articles aren't all too interesting either, from a quick glance.
I'm assuming Sanya and Eila will be on the CD with volume 4 since they're on the DVD cover. My copy was only just posted so it'll be days till I get it.
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 09:26   Link #1479
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroi Hane View Post
For limited items you need to get your order in early, like a month or more in advance.
That's understandable for the limited-edition artbooks, but I wouldn't have thought the novels would have been quite that hard for them to source.

If you're feeling sneaky, it would be a useful way to get free shipping and dodge the $50 minimum purchase, though - order what you want, plus some extra stuff you know they can't get, and when they cancel half your order a few weeks later the free shipping still applies.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 09:50   Link #1480
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

In other news, the second manga just finished serialization this month with chapter 12. It's quite remarkable just how inane and ridiculous it got by the end... <_<.

Tags
bishoujo, bost tv, gonzo, kemonomimi, mecha, mecha musume