AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-04, 09:14   Link #1141
KPSJ

Not enough ichigo this EP plus she felt so out of character.
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-04, 10:50   Link #1142
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
What i find it is quite disturbing that how Nana and the guy who i don't even his name talking about dealing with team 13 puberty according to the manual like other team , the cloning theory may be true and these children bred to fight and destined to die.
I dunno if I would call it "disturbing" but it's certainly a clue that there's something very strange about the situation (by our standards). It gives the impression that the "adults" have little practical experience with "children", which is rather odd.
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-04, 11:04   Link #1143
Twi

Wow... Zero Two has Hiro whipped.
Old 2018-03-04, 11:07   Link #1144
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
I dunno if I would call it "disturbing" but it's certainly a clue that there's something very strange about the situation (by our standards). It gives the impression that the "adults" have little practical experience with "children", which is rather odd.
No , more like they know what to do , all according to the instruction just like other plantation , however they are quite surprise that the children of plant 13 reach puberty faster than other plant and Dr Franxx consider them being test subject .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-04, 11:28   Link #1145
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Didn't someone mention a few pages ago that all the adults are "evolved"? So...maybe Nana and Hachi are not considered "adults". I also think that it's suggestive that the kids are cloned for fighting and that there isn't a "positive family environment" for any of the soldiers to rely on for child-rearing experiences or coupling for that matter.
Old 2018-03-04, 13:18   Link #1146
EroKing

Old 2018-03-04, 13:26   Link #1147
DemonneoPT

Quote:
What i find it is quite disturbing that how Nana and the guy who i don't even his name talking about dealing with team 13 puberty according to the manual like other team , the cloning theory may be true and these children bred to fight and destined to die.
Maybe the adults are like the grey aliens in Stargate. They reached immortality by transfer their conscience into clones of themselves and therefore reproduction lost it's meaning over the time (to a point their bodies degenerated and were unable to have offspring). Or maybe they just have immortal bodies and forbidden to have children (to prevent the risk of overpopulation or something like that). Anyway, it's an interesting theme to explore.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-04, 16:21   Link #1148
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

it takes above average writing to take this overall idea of an episode and make it into something that still develops every pilot and the situation they're in. kudos.

also, where's Mentar with his foot fetish? haha. there was a pretty epic frame this ep for that.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-05, 02:35   Link #1149
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

This episode amuses me but that's about it. It feels much like Evangelionís filler-ish episodes. Characters are given more time to breathe their personalities on the screen and we see tidbit of chara-development and plot-development.

That said, I think the ďrooftop fallĒ is an unnecessary piece of split-second faux-drama. Iím not sure what the showrunners intended with that scene. Itís not funny, itís not romantic, itís not dramatic and if that scene is meant as trolling then itís a weak one since we all know falling from a rooftop wonít kill 02 (not after we see her sending a man flying with just a slap and her acrobats in higher altitude when she broke free from the APE SWAT-team back then). We saw Hiro worried and ran to her during the fall, but of course he does. Previous episode already established that Hiro cares about 02 so much, so this scene is quite redundant.

I still enjoy the episode though.
Old 2018-03-05, 06:09   Link #1150
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

That said, I think the “rooftop fall” is an unnecessary piece of split-second faux-drama. I’m not sure what the showrunners intended with that scene. It’s not funny, it’s not romantic, it’s not dramatic and if that scene is meant as trolling then it’s a weak one since we all know falling from a rooftop won’t kill 02 (not after we see her sending a man flying with just a slap and her acrobats in higher altitude when she broke free from the APE SWAT-team back then). We saw Hiro worried and ran to her during the fall, but of course he does. Previous episode already established that Hiro cares about 02 so much, so this scene is quite redundant.
Probably just the show doubled down on the whole "I'm not human." aspect of her. And this happened right after she asked: "Do I seem a little more human now?".

Then again, maybe this was just 02 amused herself by testing Hiro if he would try to catch her like she was just a normal girl after basically showing her inhuman traits during the whole chase.

I agree that the fall seemed a little unnecessary but maybe they thought that would make a good conclusion after the whole sequence.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-05, 07:18   Link #1151
_Ninja_

The fall doesn't need to mean anything. Sometimes characters can just be cool. But I think it does. It is the second time she did the false falling. The first was episode 3. I think there is a cry for help, she wants to be saved. Despite always relentlessly moving forward she's been struggling with her life for a long time. It represents her existence at the edge. A glimpse at her fragility. And a way to bring us back a little from a moment of pure happiness with a moment of melancholy by reminding us of her struggle. It also links up to what Hiro says at the end, that he wants to be stronger to support her.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-05, 08:36   Link #1152
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Has Kim Kardashian found her next hair style??

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf655uvFf0T/?hl=en

Last edited by blakstealth; 2018-03-05 at 09:56.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-05, 09:01   Link #1153
Arya

The episode it was good, overall, but didn't entertain me that much. I agree it has a fillerish vibe that made me stay not fully attentive.

Anyways, if I got it right it seems like the kids are going through all the phases they neeed, just not when they should have. The puberty, differentiation male/female, then the concept of death. They are facing the truth about "transience of life" (related to their position as soldiers). Truth that apparently kept slipping away from their minds. So they needed to check this point too.
If we follow these steps we will naturally reach the teenage rebellion phase soon, the one when finally the kids will question their parents. Or in this case parent. all the hints are already there but I like if this is the approach they meant for them to get to that point.

About 002 second "rooftop fall” I'm linking this one to the scientist advice to hiro to not get too attached. Maybe he really will become too attached to 002 to the point to lose his clear vision and objectivity. (of course, read "too attached" like "be in love").

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-05, 12:16   Link #1154
KPSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Has Kim Kardashian found her next hair style??

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf655uvFf0T/?hl=en
This is amazing for darling this was already a popular anime within the anime community now Kim is going to get the anime mainstream!!!!! People can keep on hateing this anime but its only going to get more popular
Old 2018-03-05, 19:48   Link #1155
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Probably just the show doubled down on the whole "I'm not human." aspect of her. And this happened right after she asked: "Do I seem a little more human now?"
pretty clear that's what they're going for. it's a not so subtle reminder that even though she was trying to be more human there, the monster is right beneath the surface.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2018-03-05, 20:02   Link #1156
Blueknight78

one thing i find funny is beside she obvious being a "hibrid monster" she still the "most human" amonge them, because she know all the feelings and traumas of "life" while the team 13 basically where unaware of "what means be really a human", they so far where just "battle tools as she, but they where almost clules about anything other than battle, while 02 look and try to act really like a "normal person" and girl.
Old 2018-03-06, 04:18   Link #1157
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Kim Kardashian likes a seasonal anime.

That's it, this is the day that History will record as the one in which anime became officially mainstream .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-06, 07:01   Link #1158
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

How many ep did they plan for this series ?
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-06, 07:35   Link #1159
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
How many ep did they plan for this series ?
it's 2 cour, so 24.

Old 2018-03-06, 10:27   Link #1160
KPSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Kim Kardashian likes a seasonal anime.

That's it, this is the day that History will record as the one in which anime became officially mainstream .
To soon for anime as a whole but maybe trigger and some A-1 anime