AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 48 34.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 50 36.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 22.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.72%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-15, 11:56   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Fate/Zero - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fate/Zero, Episode 3.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 12:01   Link #2
Jarmel

Saber airline.

Really liking the characters. Someone posted after the 2nd episode that Rider is a man's man and this episode confirms it. Shirou really is the son of Emiya. Also lol at Assassin army.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 12:05   Link #3
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Pretty slow episode.

I'm getting a bit tired of Waver and his cowardice, though Alexander is quite funny with his desire to acquire modern weaponry (for world conquest, of course!)

Is it just me, or is Saber's voice somewhat higher in the earlier parts of the episode? Sounded quite strange, or am I just being schizophrenic?

Many assassins, heh. I hope that the assassins aren't simply fodders because there's so many of them. But it's anime, so...

Looking forward to next episode, since we get a battle coming up. I expect saber to be considerably better here than in F/SN and can spam excalibur. It's gonna be a real treat.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 12:16   Link #4
Yuna Amakura

The episode sure was slow, but I was expecting this, since it is also like this in the novel.

Oh, thank God they actually made the scene between Kiritsugu and Maiya a lot better than it actually was. But the random kiss was totally unnecessary.

Last edited by Yuna Amakura; 2011-10-15 at 12:28.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 12:22   Link #5
blue_sora

So Assassin is actually a group of Assassins? So Hassan is really dead? I want to see more Hassan in action. At first I though Hassan changed into a girl...

Totally love interaction between Saber and Irisviel, they act like really close friends. For Kiritsugu I always never like him at the first place so his cheating (someone please tell me it never beyond kissing, but if it does I really don't care anyway) on Irisviel didn't anger me. That, and he's cheating all the time anyway.
blue_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 12:27   Link #6
LunarMoon

Great episode. I'm not sure how obvious it was supposed to be but I think I noticed something upon rewatching this.

Kotomine said that all of the masters weren't accounted for, but he would have been expecting some sort of magical reconnaisance from all of them. Kiritsugu was using a form of technology to spy on him, though, allowing him to spy on the scene without being detected.

Quote:
For Kiritsugu I always never like him at the first place so his cheating (someone please tell me it never beyond kissing, but if it does I really don't care anyway) on Irisviel didn't anger me. That, and he's cheating all the time anyway.
And this would be something that surprised me. I'm going to say the opposite, though, and ask that no one reveals whether it went beyond the kiss or not.
LunarMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 12:32   Link #7
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna Amakura View Post
Oh, thank God they actually made the scene between Kiritsugu and Maiya a lot better than it actually was. But the random kiss was totally unnecessary.
Yeah, I find this kiss scene a bit strange. Maiya is in love with Kiritsugu ? And, I can assume Kiritsugu doesn't care about her feeling, no ?

But other than that, great episode. It's true it's a bit slow but it's for character development so, it's not a bad thing at all.

The end was great.

Can't wait for the next episode !
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 12:34   Link #8
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_sora View Post
So Assassin is actually a group of Assassins? So Hassan is really dead? I want to see more Hassan in action. At first I though Hassan changed into a girl...
this will be explained later on

btw a clarification about the assassin class(it is not a spoiler):
Quote:
Hassan: Since Hassan is the origin of the word Assassin, the class of Assassin itself is Hassan's catalyst
basically, in nasuverse, Hassan doesn't refer to a specific guy, but to any member of the assassins sect...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 12:39   Link #9
hoarfrost

I interpret it as Maiya helping Kiritsugu forget about his family, the thought of which is holding his back from his true potential.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 12:45   Link #10
giorno

kiritsugu's inner thoughts are pretty much fundamental to understand his character, but the anime's not exposing them so far....

hoarfrost is right
Old 2011-10-15, 12:51   Link #11
Jarmel

Well is Kiritsugu actually in a relationship with Iri? They never really stated it as such. Acting as a good father or hell even being in love with the mother=/ having a relationship with the mother. I'm sure both relationships will be expanded upon later in the series.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 12:54   Link #12
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Well is Kiritsugu actually in a relationship with Iri? They never really stated it as such. Acting as a good father or hell even being in love with the mother=/ having a relationship with the mother. I'm sure both relationships will be expanded upon later in the series.
I thought it was obvious that he's completely in love with Iri.

Now, yes, I know that Maiya tries to help him but she can do that and be in love with him. That's what I'm wondering. It seems to me she knows he doesn't love her but she doesn't care and still love him. And because of that, I'm wondering if she hates Iri.
Old 2011-10-15, 13:00   Link #13
giorno

Kiritsugu and Irisviel are married

@Kusa-san: just watch the show, you should get your answers...
Old 2011-10-15, 13:04   Link #14
LunarMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
It was 'obvious' before this episode, but then, that's what made the scene so surprising. It almost made me wonder whether he was just acting out the role of the happy husband because he felt obligated to do so.
LunarMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 13:13   Link #15
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post

Now, yes, I know that Maiya tries to help him but she can do that and be in love with him. That's what I'm wondering. It seems to me she knows he doesn't love her but she doesn't care and still love him. And because of that, I'm wondering if she hates Iri.
I thought it was obvious that it was arranged.
Old 2011-10-15, 13:17   Link #16
tsunade666

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
It was 'obvious' before this episode, but then, that's what made the scene so surprising. It almost made me wonder whether he was just acting out the role of the happy husband because he felt obligated to do so.
Indeed its kinda questionable but I think he really love Iri but being with Iri make him weaker and forget his past and resolution. The place Einsbern gage him makes softhearted. And being hesitant in this war will be fatal for him. Maiya is just helping him to remember his cold past and straighten his resolution even though his already resolve to do anything to win this war.
Old 2011-10-15, 13:24   Link #17
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I wonder what Master/Servant is even going to buy the little charade Tohsaka and Kirei put on.

Glad to see we're cheating already Kirei and Tohsaka (well, I guess more Kirei for seeking sanctuary than Tohsaka for just setting the whole charade up). I kind of have to assume the other Masters must know the identity of the Judge, so again...are any of them really going to be so thick to not put two and two together?

Waver is starting to realize he's in over his head. I'm still thinking his arc will be one of personal growth with Rider as a sort of surrogate father figure.

Irisveil begins to reveal that all is not right in this seemingly fairy-tale life of hers by dropping that nugget that she's been restricted to her castle her entire life. Emiya hints at something disturbing with their daughter with his comment about her weight.

I'm not really sure what I think of Emiya and Maiya. I'm guessing they've worked together a lot, and she's definitely a better fit for the "cold" Emiya. So the only real question is whether or not the "warm" Emiya is real or just a facade. This being Gen who wrote this story, I have to believe both personas are real, and that Mayia is like Emiya's work-wife, with Irisveil his home-wife.

Irisveil surprised me with her aggressiveness. She may be a perfect lady, but she's no wilting flower. That was refreshing to see.

I can already see the Irisveil x Saber shippers squeeing in glee.

Too bad we have to wait till next episode to finally see a head to head fight between servants. The preview indicates it won't be conclusive, but some action will be good.

Also, Emiya you sly dog. Using your wife and servant as bait is quite the sound plan.

While it seems like an ensemble cast, there has definitely been an emphasis of some master/servants over others. I wonder if this will continue.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 13:25   Link #18
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
I'm surprised too but it's Maiya who kissed him not him who kissed her. It seems to me that he doesn't care at all about her kiss. However, you can clearly see that he really loves his daugther and, in the previous episode, Iri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
I thought it was obvious that it was arranged.
It doesn't change anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

Indeed its kinda questionable but I think he really love Iri but being with Iri make him weaker and forget his past and resolution. The place Einsbern gage him makes softhearted. And being hesitant in this war will be fatal for him. Maiya is just helping him to remember his cold past and straighten his resolution even though his already resolve to do anything to win this war.
I don't think you need a kiss for that For me : Maiya is in love with him but she knows he doesn't love her.
Old 2011-10-15, 13:27   Link #19
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

As expected, the first major battle is between Saber and Lancer just like Fate/Stay Night was. Kiritsugu definitely does love Iri, he even had that fatherly emotion about holding his daughter in his hands rather then a gun pointing at someone's face. Having all the confidence in the world that Saber can protect Iri no matter the circumstances, he silently prepares himself with a pack-load of guns for the upcomings battles. He may even do something in Lancer vs Saber to assure victory when the master makes the appearance.

It was veeery strange that they would just kill Assassin off in episode 2 with a master like "Kirei". He had all the confidence in the world that with his group of Assassins, he can basically do anything at the moment with subtle approach. He probably merely wanted to confirm which Archer-class servant Toshaka had so he better prepare himself for the future.
Old 2011-10-15, 13:35   Link #20
hero147

Noooo. I have to wait another week for the next episode. Dammit.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote