AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2016-11-06, 15:27   Link #1
averygamerdude

Question Am I the only one who thinks that the "Cory in the House" joke isn't funny?

I keep seeing this joke everywhere, and it's REALLY pissing me off. Like, it's seriously one of the most annoying and unfunny jokes in history. But why stop with just "Cory in the House"? Why not say that "Johnny Test", "Minecraft", or "Microsoft" are the best animes?! Ugh... can somebody just deliver a deadly plague and wipe out most of humanity so they'll shut the fuck up?! I mean the joke doesn't make sense for several reasons reasons. 1. The things they say are the "best anime" aren't anime at all. 2. Most of them aren't produced in Japan. 3. They don't have an anime-esque art style. 4. They aren't popular with anime fans. 5. They aren't even good! But I will give them this, though. There's and IDEA for a joke there, but it isn't fully realized. If they said that shows that resemble anime or are popular with anime fans are the "best anime", (ex. The Last of Us/Avatar/etc. is my favorite anime.) then that would be completing the joke. But if you don't complete the joke, it isn't even remotely funny. And if you keep saying the same incomplete joke over and over again, it gets REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING. Doing a joke halfway is like setting off an explosive halfway. Am I the only one who thinks that it isn't funny?
averygamerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 04:19   Link #2
IceHism

No but it's a dank meme originating from 4chan so get over it.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 14:09   Link #3
selfdestruct91

Yeah I've never really understood how saying "Cory in the house" is funny lol
selfdestruct91 is offline   Reply With Quote