AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who’s Under the Mask?
Madara 104 32.91%
Madara’s Son 14 4.43%
Madara’s Clone 30 9.49%
Madara’s Ghost/Soul/Poltergeist given shape... 33 10.44%
Obito 59 18.67%
Obito’s Body, but not really Obito... 55 17.41%
Someone else’s body (not Obito’s)... 21 6.65%
Zetsu’s Love Child... 23 7.28%
Tobirama/Sarutobi/or anyone with a 'tobi' in their name... 16 5.06%
Bruce Wayne or other… 69 21.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-08-28, 13:22   Link #1221
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
it all hinges on kakashi who is, believe it not, a main character in naruto.
Well, when Jiraiya took over as Naruto's sensei, and the same way Orochi became Sasuke's sensei, that's when i thought that Kakashi will be less important. Also because he is relatively weak, he would have no chance against these strong guys alone. But i like how he became sort of a battle-advisor for Naruto, in this boss battle he is in an important supporting role that helps dumb Naruto with intelligence more than strength.

Quote:
i dont really see whats so hard to believe about tobi being important to kakashi's character.
He has to be important not for Kakashi but for Naruto, and as i have explained in my last 2 posts Obito is also important for Naruto because Kakashi passed down the young Obito's thinking to Naruto. My problem with this is that it's the repetition of the Nagato->Jiraiya->Naruto story, where young Nagato's words inspire Jiraiya and then Naruto, but then Nagato himself becomes the evil boss. If there was no Nagato and parts of the story about Tobi and Madara were not as they are then i would really like the idea of Tobi being Obito, but the story went in a way that makes this a bad ending.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 16:24   Link #1222
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
sasuke was a sweet kid and was manipulated by evil forces like orochimaru and tobi. if tobi is obito then madara's and/or izuna's and/or RS's elder son's influence will surely come into play in a similar fashion. my money's still on madara, but we'll see
I've never seen Sasuke being a sweet kid outside of flashbacks from before the massacre. This comparison really doesn't hold. To me Sasuke always had the potential to turn out the way he did. I just don't see this in Obito.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 17:28   Link #1223
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I've never seen Sasuke being a sweet kid outside of flashbacks from before the massacre. This comparison really doesn't hold. To me Sasuke always had the potential to turn out the way he did. I just don't see this in Obito.
right...but u did see a reasonable catalyst...
This was a kid who was a proud member of the uchiha clan and a talented one in his own rite. he believed in heroes like kakashis dad and was probably directly influenced by izunas sacrifice (or at least thats what i would like to have happen). he loved his comrades and village and in the last page of one of those chapters even declares his disdain for a ninja world that would have you otherwise mistreat your comrades. then in the blink of an eye (pun so very intended) he "dies" and loses it all…Pain…nagato showed us that it'll spoil a good apple in a heartbeat. his sharingan power likely saved his life at that bridge. now thought to be dead he abandons his ideals and (with a lot of help) aims to create a more "peaceful" world. yeah we have heard/seen it all before, but I'm cool with it since i don't think tobi is our final villain...

there are two faces under that mask...
Old 2012-08-28, 18:08   Link #1224
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
since i don't think tobi is our final villain...
If Tobi is just Obito then he definitely is not the final villain. Then it also makes sense that Kishimoto suddenly changed Sasuke from a madman to someone who actually uses his brain, so that Sasuke can be good enough to become the final opponent of Naruto. Now only Madara doesn't fit the story, i don't see what's his purpose in the story. Now that people like Itachi and Nagato are gone the only ones that can fight Madara will be Naruto and Sasuke, since Madara eats kages for breakfast.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 21:56   Link #1225
itachi-san314

Quote:
right. you agree he was a sweet kid. as sweet as murderous ninjas get I guess... i said: "evil forces like orochimaru and tobi" you can throw in danzo, the massacre and the ninja system if you want. it's all manipulation that changed sasuke. likewise, obito would have been changed by the ninja system as well and war and at least 1 other powerful evil ninja. anyone has the potential to turn bad given whatever stimulus they might receive in their life to do so. each individual has different thresholds of when they would turn from a sweet kid to a psycho but they all have that potential, especially when you throw wars and genocide into the mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
WHe has to be important not for Kakashi but for Naruto, and as i have explained in my last 2 posts Obito is also important for Naruto because Kakashi passed down the young Obito's thinking to Naruto. My problem with this is that it's the repetition of the Nagato->Jiraiya->Naruto story, where young Nagato's words inspire Jiraiya and then Naruto, but then Nagato himself becomes the evil boss. If there was no Nagato and parts of the story about Tobi and Madara were not as they are then i would really like the idea of Tobi being Obito, but the story went in a way that makes this a bad ending.
I agree. What's important to kakashi is important to naruto. obviously obito would be more important to kakashi, but naruto would certainly be able to relate to him and give thought to his story like he did nagato. it's repetitive, but so is naruto changing opponents minds from neji to gaara to nagato to A, etc...

not that that's a good thing, i'm just saying it's not unexpected. and imho, its not repetitive to the point of me not liking it. i'm sure others, perhaps you, disagree, but that's just personal taste. naruto has a lot of originality but it also has lots of repetition which i personally don't mind. i mean how many times have shadow clones saved the day after all?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 22:16   Link #1226
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
If Tobi is just Obito then he definitely is not the final villain. Then it also makes sense that Kishimoto suddenly changed Sasuke from a madman to someone who actually uses his brain, so that Sasuke can be good enough to become the final opponent of Naruto. Now only Madara doesn't fit the story, i don't see what's his purpose in the story. Now that people like Itachi and Nagato are gone the only ones that can fight Madara will be Naruto and Sasuke, since Madara eats kages for breakfast.
My wish list for Madara:
- sage mode tsunade OR
- dead demon seal by tsunade
her chakra wasn't regenerated by Dan for nothing...madara has mentioned several times that it will take a power as dense as hashirama to defeat him

I see naruto and sasuke eventually fighting, but the juubi is a huge threat right now, especially if it is the one of legend. i would like to see both lineages of the sage of 6 take it down.
Old 2012-08-29, 00:41   Link #1227
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
Old 2012-08-29, 02:54   Link #1228
Mateus

^
Might want to spoiler that.

Anyway

Spoiler:
Old 2012-08-29, 03:48   Link #1229
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

This pic is an old fake.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 04:03   Link #1230
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
better to wait for the chapter itself.
Old 2012-08-29, 05:00   Link #1231
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Chapter 599 title is Uchiha Obito

so that confirms it Obito is Tobi how easy and lame lol
so that means for some reason Obito survive and his age accelerated since when Tobi fought the 4th Hokage at that time Kakashi is still a teenager while Tobi that is Obito is already old

might be that Zetsu and/or Orochimaru (the other reason why his alive again) got some medical mutant treatment on Obito at that time
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 05:11   Link #1232
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
right. you agree he was a sweet kid. as sweet as murderous ninjas get I guess...
You KNOW I said the exact opposite to that, so the rest of your argument doesn't even make any sense.
Old 2012-08-29, 07:14   Link #1233
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Knew it, knew it, knew it. You can go back to the past and see me sayin straight up that it is Obito. Just as I said Itachi was 100% good.
Old 2012-08-29, 07:40   Link #1234
Nizwiz

Tobi is Obito
Spoiler for Spoiler for who Tobi is:

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2012-08-29 at 09:34.
Nizwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 07:44   Link #1235
Avaricia
My Lord

@Nizwiz dude put some spoiler tag on it
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 08:25   Link #1236
Black0raz0r
Red vs Blue

Send a message via MSN to Black0raz0r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Knew it, knew it, knew it. You can go back to the past and see me sayin straight up that it is Obito. Just as I said Itachi was 100% good.
YEAH!!! so awesome
You knew it. I knew it and some others

Anti Obito 0
Pro Obito 1

;D
Old 2012-08-29, 08:33   Link #1237
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I lol at people who think this is some kind of game you can win.

So the outcome I liked the least is the outcome that ended up being true, big deal. As I said in the other thread, I will reserve judgment until after I hear the explanation.

That being said, I'd like to point out the one refreshing bit about this detail:

For once, the villain is the other Naruto, rather than the other Sasuke (Orochimaru, Nagato).
Old 2012-08-29, 08:50   Link #1238
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
For once, the villain is the other Naruto, rather than the other Sasuke (Orochimaru, Nagato).
heh talking about that if you read spoilers of the Road To Ninja movie its said that
Spoiler for Road To Ninja:

and also Hitler is angry lol

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-08-29, 09:00   Link #1239
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I love angry hitler. <3
Old 2012-08-29, 09:53   Link #1240
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

not sure if true or not but Tobi or Obito's body might be posessed by Uchiha Izuna the brother of Madara related reference - http://www.fandom.com/fandom/naruto/...mic-market-78/ well it makes sense if Obito is controlled by Izuna since Izuna is a master of the sharingan like Madara was it makes sense that Izuna can master the space-time ninjutsu better than Kakashi and also the concept of controlling or possessing others is not new since Nagato controlled or posses Yahiko's body too when they are nicknamed as Pain (someone on our forum already mention this too)... and also Kishimoto likes recycling concepts like the Love Triangle concept (naruto, sakura, sasuke) and (nagato, konan, yahiko) and now (kakashi, rin, obito) i cant wait next week to find out if this is true or not

Tags
tobi