AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-06-15, 10:08   Link #561
Amalia

Send a message via MSN to Amalia
Yes I meant "speculation" hehehe...

Anyway, this is a great comedy, by all means. I haven't laughed with such a clutz girl since Usagi in Sailor Moon.
Old 2008-06-15, 23:59   Link #562
Phych

Anyone have info on the insert song in the middle of ep 10?

EDIT: Ah. Sorry about that, found it in the thread. It's Jikan yo Tomare by Azu feat. SEAMO.

Last edited by Phych; 2008-06-16 at 00:05. Reason: Oop. Song was Jikan yo Tomare by Azu feat. SEAMO. I'll read the thread 1st from now on. *bonk*
Phych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 00:33   Link #563
ani_d

Oooh, medical terms.

Spoiler for ep 10:

Great episode! As for this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

Spoiler:
I read this manga spoiler somewhere but I'm not 100% sure if it's reliable so read at your own risk.

Spoiler for ep 11:
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 23:08   Link #564
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Am quite happy about the anime finishing off with the author's intended ending. Series just seems all the more important when you take the real life situation that's behind it. Obviously has to be a complex feeling for the husband watching this series develop.
Spoiler for Ep11:
Old 2008-06-17, 01:54   Link #565
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Wow ep 11 is out, I don't have time for it but I'll watch it right now

Now watching:
The Intro scene hahaha, positions are changing to Kotokos advantage

What an ugly dog.

Those brother are really alike

I hope that a bear will eat him(watch it if you want to know who I meant )

Last edited by mangalowres; 2008-06-17 at 09:17.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 06:53   Link #566
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

The scary thing about that intussusception is that it threatened my sibling's life, just before it got emergency-room-status. BTW, it's almost weird how Naoki seems to be playing along as planned by Kotoko. Or maybe just freakishly bad luck works in her favor.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 13:44   Link #567
Meirin
Locked Girl

I'm so pleased to hear that the original ending planned by the mangaka will be realised in anime form! I wonder just how different it will be from the ending in the manga.

Episode 11 was great as usual. The pacing is picking up again after the timejump. Kotoko has such a tendency for getting into predicaments but Yuuki proves surprisingly adorable with his blushing and totally reliable too ("No distress comes to the prepared"). Kinnosuke got more than he bargained for from his stalking (although I commend him for his courage if not his actual capabilities) and Irie saves the day by being really perceptive.

Also, I'm glad we finally got to meet Ayako!
Meirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 14:29   Link #568
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

I liked watching Yuuki hit the wolf ~ !
I like this anime a lot, but I feel a bit dissapointed by all of the cliche things that go on. I like all of the characters, but I think the situations are a little too predictable.
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 15:32   Link #569
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

I've rewatched ep 10 and 11 now and wow seeing two episodes in a row is definitly worth to have all those dejavue's.
And I've just recognized how good ep 10 really was and which great feelings were in it.
Ep 11 fits perfectly and you can see how the Irie brother are changing because of Kotoko.

After this series is finished I'll will watch it again in a row to see the full scale of this show.
AWESOME!!!!
Old 2008-06-17, 17:48   Link #570
SkoolRumble4Ya

I guess both Irie and his brother have Kotoko. It was a great episode, it shows how much Irie is changing by him saving Kin.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 21:44   Link #571
nanafan
horo fan

ep 11 was good, it was so cute when kotoko had that dream i had to rewatch it. i also hope that kin stops his stalkerish tendencies soon, but i think it will be a while before that. the bear part was also very entertaining. i think yuuki is starting to warm up to kotoko, but it's probably a slow process.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 20:28   Link #572
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 11

This episode would have been perfectly acceptable without Kin. I think he's basically become a pointless distraction now.

A bit of drama at the end to spice things up. Father Irie doesn't really look like he's made much of an effort to keep his health and weight in check in his older age. He was pretty much a ticking time bomb.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 07:13   Link #573
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Question guys? I just recently became interested in this show. I love Romance/comedies. like AMG, Special A and such.
would this show be for me?(what could I compare it to...like other anime wise, and is it any good so far?)
btw i've never seen kimikiss (is it any good aswell?)

i feel my manliness being sucked away from me.
because the only 3 shows im watching are S.A., VK, and maybe this lol!

just for reference this isn't a very fan-servicey show Im assuming right?

Last edited by MercFH; 2008-06-19 at 07:36.
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 07:53   Link #574
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
You should watch Seto no Hanayome after that you won't have any problems with your "sucked away manliness"

Masa-San

And if you like Special A you could like Itazura na Kiss, I watch both and I like both.
And both shows are getting better and better
Old 2008-06-19, 08:16   Link #575
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Quote:
Question guys? I just recently became interested in this show. I love Romance/comedies. like AMG, Special A and such.
would this show be for me?(what could I compare it to...like other anime wise, and is it any good so far?)
btw i've never seen kimikiss (is it any good aswell?)
Yeah, this season had some good shoujos, Vampire knight, Special A and Itazura Na Kiss.
Itazura na kiss can be compared easily with Marmalade Boy, a shoujo form the nineties, indeed Itazura should have been done in the nineties, it has al the atmosphere of the nineties.

Vampire Knight and Special A, are totally of 2000's, shoujos category.

Kimikiss is also a great show by the way. You should check it out, you'll mostly like it, it has a great plot.

Quote:
Don't worry, I've been watching shoujos since the eighties, and then it was more difficult for a boy admit that he was watching shoujo, and my manliness is still intact .
Old 2008-06-19, 08:57   Link #576
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Finally got around to watching the current episode. Interesting turn on events i think for the first time i can actually see a lil progress between Irie and Kotoko maybe not a huge one but trusting her to keep a secret is a big step.

Irie's father sudden heart condition was added in a very obvious way. I mean Irie decides to be a doctor and take the test, plus the episode before that he was nice to the little boy and at the very moment he tells his father, he grabs his chest and over he goes. Dramatic a little original not really but there is nothing wrong with that. Still a pretty decent episode although i thought the animation was funky.
Old 2008-06-19, 17:17   Link #577
nanafan
horo fan

i don't think itazura na kiss will question your manhood lol, i am sure there are many guys who watch it, and there isn't any fan service just plain old schoolish romantic comedy
Old 2008-06-19, 17:43   Link #578
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Well if yall could "compare" it to any sorta recent anime's then what would you?
I mean it does have comedy right? it's not just all romance im assuming lol'
keep in mind I havent seen marmalade boy and such. i've just been getting into shoujo stuff here recently. (started with S.A. manga about year ago)

edit: i think im gonna try out Kimikiss too. I just cant help it I love Romantic Comedies. but the more shounen romantic comedies are too ecchi, im not a big fan of ecchi (altho i love seinen stuff like Ah! my goddess (fav series)) and KGNE and such

Last edited by MercFH; 2008-06-19 at 17:53.
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 20:31   Link #579
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Is there no episode 12 this week?
Old 2008-06-19, 20:43   Link #580
nanafan
horo fan

hmm, i am not what show i could compare it too, nothing is coming to mind sorry. it's got comedy too. i actually think that this show is better than special a, in my opinion

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shoujo