AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Old 2004-04-13, 01:39   Link #181
K_R
also known as K!

One thing I don't like about full-size Midori (from the OP/ED) is the size of her eyes.

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
I haven't had time to watch Seichi's ep 2 yet, but I assume it's of the same quality as what they released for ep 1. I'd be surprised if it wasn't...
I'll be interested in your evaluation, since I've taken over translation from drvtech + kuuumo. I'd like to think it's better than the first episode, but this is my first time translating...

--

Ending song is "Mou sukoshi ... Mou sukoshi ..."
K_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 16:29   Link #182
game4life

the first episode was kinda interesting, i wonder what will seji do if his taking a shower, doing the mans part and going to bathroom... :fingers:
game4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 18:56   Link #183
7thMethuselah

yep yep this show rocks, I allready liked it after the first episode but now I like it even more
Interesting to see how characters are developing, and so funny
I can't wait for a new episode to be released.

PS I'm going for the Anime-Empire release, I didn't check out the other groups but I find this release to be of good quality so no need to try other subs ...
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 19:11   Link #184
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by game4life
the first episode was kinda interesting, i wonder what will seji do if his taking a shower, doing the mans part and going to bathroom... :fingers:
Simple he just covers her up with bandages.

So far I like it. After seeing the preview I thought it was stupid. It's different now. Seji is cool, he has a lot more sides to him then I thought he would have from episode 1. Good first 2 episodes so far. Looking forward to the next episode.
Old 2004-04-13, 21:45   Link #185
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Humm.. Just watched the 2nd episode.
Is this show going to reveal boobs in every episode?
so far it has....
lavarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 22:35   Link #186
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavarock
so far it has....
And...is that bad thing ? Revealing a set of boobs once an episode is immaterial for me. Besides there's more to the anime than just boobs. But it seems the trend is going to continue, and it's likely that in episode 03 there will be another set of boobs revealed. This time I think it'll be Rin's.
Spoiler:
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 00:28   Link #187
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

The fact that they're rearranging the story in order to have the nudity in the first 3 episodes disturbs me. There were perhaps 5 panels in the entire first volume of the manga that had any actual nudity, and 1 in the following 3 volumes... following this trend, they'll go straight into the last nudity in the manga for episode 4 and then god knows what they'll do.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 00:48   Link #188
Technovia_EX
o[-_-]o

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavarock
so far it has....
Gotta have service... BTW, I love that scene in MnH so I made it my sig...
Technovia_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 03:41   Link #189
Spooky-Electric

This series is hilarious. Definitely gets my thumbs up.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 04:35   Link #190
Sparkie
キーウィ

Send a message via MSN to Sparkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
I totally agree, I just saw the 2nd episode and I love it even more now
Sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 06:07   Link #191
7thMethuselah

Quote:
The fact that they're rearranging the story in order to have the nudity in the first 3 episodes disturbs me. There were perhaps 5 panels in the entire first volume of the manga that had any actual nudity, and 1 in the following 3 volumes... following this trend, they'll go straight into the last nudity in the manga for episode 4 and then god knows what they'll do.
Ecchi is good for you, and don't you forget that
Although this was the first time I saw chibi boobs

and it's not like the series has to save itself by showing some fanservice, it's soo good in itself allready

/me can't wait untill the next one is released
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 07:27   Link #192
Green²
It's bacon!

What can I say? It's a ecchi-comedy, but now with 5% more chibi character boobies. No, not chibi boobies. There's still the B C version. And no, not old folks either. But my guess is that it will stay clear from that of the A D version. Uh,.. with the exception of the chibi character. But then we'd be comparing by a reduced size on the same aspect ratio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
Is that two or three?
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 08:06   Link #193
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Think about where I'm coming from here. I watch this show solely because I love the manga. I am a manga purist to the bone. To me, the best possible thing this show's directors can do is have it be like the manga. Maybe not exactly like the manga, as there obviously must be some filler as we are working with different medias here. But catering to perverted fanboys definately doesn't fall into that scenerio very smoothly, as the story shouldn't be centered around the nipples of a 16 year old girl. Really, I was cool with it until the preview that hinted at the onsen scene, which isn't supposed to come up until later. As far as I'm concerned, ep 3 should focus entirely on situational comedy like it does for chapters 5 and 6 in the manga, but it seems that they're moving the show away from that route and it disturbs me.
Old 2004-04-14, 08:28   Link #194
mirichan

Quote:
But catering to perverted fanboys definately doesn't fall into that scenerio very smoothly, as the story shouldn't be centered around the nipples of a 16 year old girl. Really, I was cool with it until the preview that hinted at the onsen scene, which isn't supposed to come up until later. As far as I'm concerned, ep 3 should focus entirely on situational comedy like it does for chapters 5 and 6 in the manga, but it seems that they're moving the show away from that route and it disturbs me.
Agree.

Of course I'm also most assuredly NOT a "perverted fanboy" (too old and wrong sex ) and I must say I'm getting tired fast of all the boobs shots.

I don't recall the manga being that obviously boobs-oriented and it's getting very tiring... Since big sis is coming in ep. #3, of course we'll have boobs a-galore again but if they invent scenes in the upcoming episodes? I'm gonna have to drop the anime. I loved the manga and I'm not into watching it turn into another ecchi show to please 15yr fanboys!

I'd rather stick with the manga if it comes to that...
mirichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 08:40   Link #195
marin

Quote:
The only nudity has that which has been in the original manga chapters that they are adapting.

I don't see where you get there will be nudity every episode or that they are restructuring the manga for it.
marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 09:19   Link #196
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin
The only nudity has that which has been in the original manga chapters that they are adapting.

I don't see where you get there will be nudity every episode or that they are restructuring the manga for it.

I say they're rearranging it because they aren't following the same timeline of events. Hence the word 'rearrange'. The onsen part simply doesn't come next. Period. I can see them combining the two Rin chapters in order to make a full episode. Like I said, different medium, different rules. Acceptable change. But it shouldn't happen in episode 3. This next episode should prove that the series isn't about tits. Like it did in the manga. And the only reason I see for them to choose Rin as the next character to introduce over Takamizawa (who should be going first if you follow the original timeline... and who's first introduction shouldn't have tits... someone hold me back if they end up making it have tits...) is simply because her introduction includes a tit shot.

Look, the series walks a very fine line between objectionable and funny as it is. This isn't a series that people can just haphazardly change while still keeping the basic premise intact. The more nipple scene's you add, the closer to crap it becomes.
Old 2004-04-14, 09:29   Link #197
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirichan
Agree.

Of course I'm also most assuredly NOT a "perverted fanboy" (too old and wrong sex ) and I must say I'm getting tired fast of all the boobs shots.

I don't recall the manga being that obviously boobs-oriented and it's getting very tiring... Since big sis is coming in ep. #3, of course we'll have boobs a-galore again but if they invent scenes in the upcoming episodes? I'm gonna have to drop the anime. I loved the manga and I'm not into watching it turn into another ecchi show to please 15yr fanboys!

I'd rather stick with the manga if it comes to that...
Look, it's just one boob scene an episode. Is it that big of a deal? Are you going to let one boob scene get in the way of enjoying this great anime? OK fine, you don't like ecchi shows, I can understand that. But don't say it like it's a bad thing. There's people who also enjoy ecchi shows. Just a matter of taste. But DON'T look down upon them, just because they enjoy a different kind of show than you. That's just not right. And not every "fanboy" is a 15 years old. I'm sure there's old grown adults who also enjoy being "fanboy" (eg. 7thMethuselah, sorry for pointing you out, I need an example as support. EDIT: By the way, happy 28th Birthday ). Bottom line: I 'll enjoy this highly entertaining show WITH or WITHOUT "fanservice".

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2004-04-14 at 09:39.
Old 2004-04-14, 09:59   Link #198
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Look, it's just one boob scene an episode. Is it that big of a deal? Are you going to let one boob scene get in the way of enjoying this great anime? OK fine, you don't like ecchi shows, I can understand that. But don't say it like it's a bad thing. There's people who also enjoy ecchi shows. Just a matter of taste. But DON'T look down upon them, just because they enjoy a different kind of show than you. That's just not right. And not every "fanboy" is a 15 years old. I'm sure there's old grown adults who also enjoy being "fanboy" (eg. 7thMethuselah, sorry for pointing you out, I need an example as support. EDIT: By the way, happy 28th Birthday ). Bottom line: I 'll enjoy this highly entertaining show WITH or WITHOUT "fanservice".
I think the point he wanted to make was that the manga was _not_ good because of some ecchi moments. It was good because of other aspects, like characterization and plot. Adding random fanservice to a show like this changes the feel of it. It's like adding serious rorikon suggestions to Aishiteruze Baby. Personally, I wouldn't find one breast shot objectionable, but if the producers constantly insert random fanservice, it's going to change the tone of a show a bit.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 10:21   Link #199
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
I think the point he wanted to make was that the manga was _not_ good because of some ecchi moments. It was good because of other aspects, like characterization and plot. Adding random fanservice to a show like this changes the feel of it. It's like adding serious rorikon suggestions to Aishiteruze Baby. Personally, I wouldn't find one breast shot objectionable, but if the producers constantly insert random fanservice, it's going to change the tone of a show a bit.
Fair enough, I concur. Like I (and many other people said), this show is already enjoyable without the "fanservice". To me the "fanservice" is just bonus. Besides, it's not exactly like they're inserting random fanservices in the anime. The "fanservice" scenes usually have a joke/reason/purpose behind it. In fact, those boobs scene to me aren't "fanservice" at all. I felt those scene were natural to be there. "Fanservice" to me would be showing off suggestive scenes for the sake of showing off suggestive scene (eg. Agent Aika, now THAT'S fanservice). That's not to say to turn this anime more fanservicey, no no no, far from that. And if they DO insert "fanservice" for the sake of it, then you have my word I'll be irritated just like some of you.
Old 2004-04-14, 10:30   Link #200
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Fan Service is perfectly fine, altering the storyline just for fan service is not fine, IMO.
Let's wait and see for more episode to come.
lavarock is offline   Reply With Quote