AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-01-17, 21:07   Link #81
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Takt had a more original and interesting character than Gunzou, who I recall as a generic harem lead, but Gunzou was certainly a more convincingly competent strategist.
I'm not only talking about anime-Gunzou but also the manga-Gunzou who is a very intriguing character (even more so than the anime one) that immediately captured my interest from chapter 1.
Old 2022-01-18, 08:24   Link #82
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
Alternatively, maybe the food is just a backup power source for them.
Consuming food isn't just a way to make robots less threatening; a sense of taste improves quality of life for robots, and their affinity with humans. Also, convenient that you can patch things up with your dolls by gifting them a cake, after accidently running them into a railgun-tank and getting them wiped out.

BTW, it seems Scarecrow appears in ep2. Agent is practically the strongest ringleader that SF has, and Scarecrow is officially the weakest. The writers were so eager to use that famous in-game visual of Agent choking M4A1 that they wasted it on the first ep without proper buildup, and had the final boss slaughtered in the first episode. Not that the mass-produced SF dolls were presented in any such way that was a sense of threat to have been irretrievably wrecked. Azur Lane anime wasn't brilliant, but it was better than this.

Last edited by Ghostfriendly; 2022-01-18 at 13:36.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-21, 11:38   Link #83
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Consuming food isn't just a way to make robots less threatening; a sense of taste improves quality of life for robots, and their affinity with humans. Also, convenient that you can patch things up with your dolls by gifting them a cake, after accidently[sic] running them into a railgun-tank and getting them wiped out.
Wrong. kukuru already provided the correct answer earlier, and it looks like the developers have spoken to this: the food isn't a backup power source, but rather, was added to help humans get used to them. Doing what you've suggested would grant no tangible benefits anyways, and one could always just write the change the parameters for self-preservation depending on the mission requirements anyways. There is no psychological benefit for the machines themselves, it looks like everything is done for the commander's benefit. Our current commander does care quite a bit for the dolls under her command.
Old 2022-01-21, 11:56   Link #84
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
Wrong. kukuru already provided the correct answer earlier, and it looks like the developers have spoken to this: the food isn't a backup power source, but rather, was added to help humans get used to them.
That's what I said, it's 'not just a way to make robots less threatening'. As for increasing affinity with humans, the commander literally increases the affinity score of their dolls in-game by gifting them cakes and sweets.
Old 2022-01-21, 14:32   Link #85
Tenzen12

Supresingly not straight down terrible episode. If characters some time reloaded, enemies had enough advanced AI to monologue while fighting instead standing on spot and avoided animation mistakes, it could be passable anime. Maybe.
Old 2022-01-21, 20:27   Link #86
Ghostfriendly

Logistics Officer Kalina is actually one of the stars of GLF, with her perky attitude, miraculous ability to send out ammo supplies for 5 different dolls with any 5 different guns, and her infamous love of money. Of course, in the anime, she has no spirit at all, by comparison. The GFL shorts series was much more characterful, energetic and effective.
Old 2022-01-21, 23:51   Link #87
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Interesting screenshot of Gentiane's profile.

Also, some parts of GFL fanbase were "AWWW" over this.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-28, 10:33   Link #88
EroKing
Version Nightmare

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-01-28, 23:30   Link #89
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

MP5 being her bumbling self as usual. XD

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2022-02-03, 22:10   Link #90
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...sh-dub/.182204

Funi released the English cast.

Old 2022-02-04, 14:04   Link #91
Tenzen12

For first time this was suprisingly satisfying episode. Animation is trash as always of course, I don't think it mattered that much and I ended grinn when it come to trainwreck scene. Also while I innitially was taken back by ST-AR poking Soppo with her gun, I concluded it's okay, ST AR always had worst trigger discipline in whole G&K after all.

And next episode we get 404. I actually have some expectation this time
Old 2022-02-05, 06:29   Link #92
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Loving the avatars Kalina and Gentiane used in the meeting.

Old 2022-02-05, 08:47   Link #93
Friday
Im shy too...

ep5

So AR15 got caught deliberately and infected the entire base....like a "Trojan Horse"

a new squad next week
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-12, 08:50   Link #94
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Friendly avatars brought to you by Gentiane and Kalina:

Images
big
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2022-02-14, 17:16   Link #95
Friday
Im shy too...

so M16 was with NSA for awhile and knew them 2 as well, if she killed 416 then probably UMP45 would have killed her.
Old 2022-02-15, 04:43   Link #96
Tenzen12

UMP 45 would certainly try and would have some chance but she's probably make sure sound more confident then she actually is.
Old 2022-02-19, 00:29   Link #97
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

The theatrics of Intruder.

Old 2022-02-22, 03:05   Link #98
Friday
Im shy too...

M16 makes a grand entrance and gets reprimanded(slap in the face....) by M4 for making her worry
Old 2022-02-26, 06:42   Link #99
Friday
Im shy too...

ep 8

so Gentiane trying to find out who AR Team really are....

turn up at a secret base and gets attacked!!!

AR 15 attitude is a worrying....

Ferri T Doll - Destroyer: wants to play
Old 2022-02-27, 08:16   Link #100
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Man. Dropping hints of the missing commander.

Wonder if that's a reference of the PC character.

Tags
action, gungirls