AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2017-09-27, 03:05   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 880 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Let's do this! Credit goes to AP's ScotchInformer for the summary:

-Chapter title is "Chance of Escape: 0%". Splash ministory reveals that Sai's ex-fiance has her own harem of husbands!

-At the chocolate island, Pudding user her DF ability to tamper with the memories of the bakery's cooks, and lets Sanji take the lead in making the cake. Meanwhile, in the mirror world, Brulee discovers the Sunny has another mirror to launch an attack from. Luffy, noticing this as well, attempts to destroy it, but Katakuri obstructs him!

-Using some broken mirror shards, Luffy gets in contact with Nami, telling her to shatter all mirrors on board the Sunny before the enemy army invades again. He can't take out the army himself since he's too focused on Katakuri. However, before everyone aboard the ship can get smashing, the situation suddenly takes another turn for the worse.....

-Using her DF power, Big Mom has literally given THE OCEAN its own soul! She then makes the living ocean become a gigantic tsunami that threatens to engulf the Sunny! Full of despair, Nami apologizes to Luffy, saying that they're most likely finished at this point....!!!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2017-09-29 at 14:07.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 07:18   Link #2
SeanQ

big mom hype =0
Old 2017-09-27, 11:18   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Jinbe to the rescue? He's the only one I can think of that can possibly do something about that tsunami.

But damn, Big Mom is hax as fuck.
Old 2017-09-27, 12:53   Link #4
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Jinbe to the rescue? He's the only one I can think of that can possibly do something about that tsunami.

But damn, Big Mom is hax as fuck.
Can Jinbe manipulate/stop water to that degree? I don't know about that. Indeed, Big Mom is a yonkou for a reason.

Looking forward to seeing what unfolds from here.
Old 2017-09-27, 13:05   Link #5
The Small One

I'm actually kinda fed up with all those seemingly hopeless situations…
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 13:48   Link #6
P_Dezz

secretely hoping for one of Kaido's Disasters to show up
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 19:05   Link #7
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Fuck, Coup de Burst won't work here.

Could aim the Gaon Cannon at Big Mom...
Old 2017-09-28, 10:42   Link #8
Rainbowman

I hope that cake gets made in lightning speed.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 11:09   Link #9
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Oh I hate the cake theory and Puddings abilities, horrible horrible over all, why Oda?

However, this arc is making me love Luffy more and more, smash every mirror on the ship, awesome!

Jinbei man, nows your time to shine, use those attacks of yours that you used in the War to get away from that wacko.

Expecting the most anticlimactic ending of an arc ever. Watch as Big Mom gets her memories erased

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 03:56   Link #10
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

putting aside the difficulties that Luffy and crews had, I'm more hyped to watch Sanji-Pudding lovey dovey moment

show more of your charm as competent cook, Sanji... this is your time to shine
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 09:27   Link #11
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

glad to see one piece becoming an intense cooking manga/anime like shokugeki no souma & yakitate!! Japan.

hoping to see badass reactions soon from the food
Old 2017-09-29, 09:29   Link #12
Ultragunner

well, all the hype surrounding Luffy vs Katakuri is now wasted eh?
Old 2017-09-29, 11:41   Link #13
thefreakmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
glad to see one piece becoming an intense cooking manga/anime like shokugeki no souma & yakitate!! Japan.

hoping to see badass reactions soon from the food
In before we see a Big Mom foodgasm in all of its digusting glory
Old 2017-09-29, 13:36   Link #14
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Oh I hate the cake theory and Puddings abilities, horrible horrible over all, why Oda?

Jinbei man, nows your time to shine, use those attacks of yours that you used in the War to get away from that wacko.

Expecting the most anticlimactic ending of an arc ever. Watch as Big Mom gets her memories erased
1. Can't stand the reference from the Portal series can you?

2. I enjoy your enthusiasm for Jinbe and hope he delivers.

3. Having Big Mom's memories erased may be the best option for our heroes.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 14:25   Link #15
marvelB

Whoa, that new ministory chapter.... is Sai's ex trying to become the next Big Mom!?

Anyway, the Straw-Hats most certainly are finding themselves in a big pinch.... as Big Mom and her forces once again display their overwhelming might. However, as mentioned before, Jinbei most likely has the means of doing something about BM's living wave (in fact, perhaps the entire Sun Pirate crew can help dispel the tsunami if they're lurking somewhere nearby). As for Katakuri, while he certainly does seem to have the edge for now, I think it's also clear that Luffy indeed has a trick up his sleeve to help him deal with the commander.... after all, he's shown no signs of surrendering despite the beating he got. I dunno if it's DF awakening or Gear 5 (or if the awakening IS Gear 5), but I'm sure our rubber friend has a nice surprise in store for Mister Corn Starch.....

BTW, I thought it was kinda neat that we were properly introduced to those long-necked children of Big Mom's (Oda even mentioned them in a recent SBS!). As for the cake, it's cool to see Sanji thoroughly planned out the ingredients so quickly, and by smell, at that. Heh, I'm actually reminded a little of Toriko right now. Maybe Sanji awakened his gourmet cells.....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 19:03   Link #16
Theia_Loki

Jesus Christ, you have got to be kidding me! A Tsunami Homie?! 0_0

If that thing was made with part of her own soul, this is just going to make the number of Homies imbued with part of her own soul into Four. In her case, it might make up for Snack and Cracker (and possibly Katakuri, depending on how things go) being beaten. And we still have no idea what happened to Snack either.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 19:56   Link #17
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theia_Loki View Post
Jesus Christ, you have got to be kidding me! A Tsunami Homie?! 0_0

If that thing was made with part of her own soul, this is just going to make the number of Homies imbued with part of her own soul into Four. In her case, it might make up for Snack and Cracker (and possibly Katakuri, depending on how things go) being beaten. And we still have no idea what happened to Snack either.
Snack was taken down by Urouge. Cracker then beat him which is why he was hanging around recovering on the cloud island where he saw kaido jump off
Old 2017-09-30, 02:07   Link #18
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Dayum, Big Mom going all Moana on their asses! Still, making a tsunami in a DF-dominated world must be one of the scariest things to date.

Sanji's cake-off gets another chapter, yay~
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-30, 03:33   Link #19
foxbox360
New Age Badass

If Luffy having trouble with this Yonkai then Kaido is going to go Gesse Howard on his ass. Lets face it, the Straw Hats and friends are not ready to fight the yonkai at all, so much for that two year skip.
Old 2017-09-30, 11:56   Link #20
Clipens

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Whoa, that new ministory chapter.... is Sai's ex trying to become the next Big Mom!?

Anyway, the Straw-Hats most certainly are finding themselves in a big pinch.... as Big Mom and her forces once again display their overwhelming might. However, as mentioned before, Jinbei most likely has the means of doing something about BM's living wave (in fact, perhaps the entire Sun Pirate crew can help dispel the tsunami if they're lurking somewhere nearby). As for Katakuri, while he certainly does seem to have the edge for now, I think it's also clear that Luffy indeed has a trick up his sleeve to help him deal with the commander.... after all, he's shown no signs of surrendering despite the beating he got. I dunno if it's DF awakening or Gear 5 (or if the awakening IS Gear 5), but I'm sure our rubber friend has a nice surprise in store for Mister Corn Starch.....

BTW, I thought it was kinda neat that we were properly introduced to those long-necked children of Big Mom's (Oda even mentioned them in a recent SBS!). As for the cake, it's cool to see Sanji thoroughly planned out the ingredients so quickly, and by smell, at that. Heh, I'm actually reminded a little of Toriko right now. Maybe Sanji awakened his gourmet cells.....?
Big Mom is filling the mirror world with sea water....
Clipens is offline   Reply With Quote