AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

View Poll Results: AMG! Season 2 Episode 23 and 24 Rating
Perfect 10 19 45.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 23.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 7.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.38%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-09, 12:23   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

AMG Season 2, Episode 23 and 24 Discussion

Welcome to the discussion thread for episode 23 and 24 of Ah! My Goddess Season 2. Neither of these episodes aired on Japanese TV and were only released with the 8th DVD of the R2 Japanese release.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Also remember that all the series of AMG are licensed (first TV series, second TV series, OVA, Movie, Mini-Goddess, and the manga) so no discussion about earlier fansubs or groups (these final unaired episodes are also considered licensed). Please use the Report button if you see any unmarked spoilers or other problems.

How to use Spoiler Tags

Spoiler tags are easy.

[spoiler=Megami and Keiichi]Are sister and brother.... What, you already knew!!![/spoiler]

...will get you this...

Spoiler for Megami and Keiichi:
Old 2007-03-11, 12:38   Link #2
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

I really liked episode 23. Even though the manga story was changed a little, I think it was changed to better. And it was obviously much better than episode 22. As for episode 24, it was nice and also better than the 22th, but definitely worse than the 23th. Probably I didn't like it too much because I don't really care about Keiichi and Belldandy or because I didn't like the color scheme, but still.
Old 2007-03-11, 15:27   Link #3
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleo Scanti View Post
I really liked episode 23. Even though the manga story was changed a little, I think it was changed to better. And it was obviously much better than episode 22. As for episode 24, it was nice and also better than the 22th, but definitely worse than the 23th. Probably I didn't like it too much because I don't really care about Keiichi and Belldandy or because I didn't like the color scheme, but still.
I'm just hoping it's better than episode 22. I really hated how the 2nd season ended.
Old 2007-03-12, 23:59   Link #4
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
^Oh it iS! It's tons better than the season ending episode.=D
Old 2007-03-20, 23:59   Link #5
DwArD
mAnIaC

Just watched ep23. I'm glad they followed quite closely to the manga on that one. The only difference is the discussion about Belldandy one day leaving Keiichi (I think). I just hope that wouldn't happen in the manga or series though. In any case, I'm looking forward to ep 24. Ep 24 should be very familiar to those people that follow the manga. I'm sure everyone will definitely love ep 24.
Old 2007-03-21, 14:47   Link #6
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I always figured that she would leave. Even though I don't understand Japanese I got the jist of 23.

Last edited by TigerII; 2007-03-25 at 18:07.
Old 2007-03-25, 18:07   Link #7
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Just watched the subbed version of 23 and am even more sure of it. My prediction is if(I mean been almost twenty years since first volume came out...) the manga end, it will be one of those bittersweet endings of her leaving and him just having the memories of them together. That is if they even finish the thing. When did the last few chapters even come out? I fear if they ever do finish, it will be in another decade.
Old 2007-03-28, 12:50   Link #8
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Just watched the subbed version of 23 and am even more sure of it. My prediction is if(I mean been almost twenty years since first volume came out...) the manga end, it will be one of those bittersweet endings of her leaving and him just having the memories of them together. That is if they even finish the thing. When did the last few chapters even come out? I fear if they ever do finish, it will be in another decade.
Somehow, I have serious doubts about Fujishima doing something so... how should I put it... angsty and dark for the finale. Especially after all the fluff he has been pulling out of late.

The last few chapters I know of the manga, the 'haunted camera' ones IIRC, are quite recent, from this beginning of 2007.
Old 2007-03-28, 13:31   Link #9
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well, not dark, just one of those " I will always remember the fun and love we had" type things She is a goddess and will return. Hell, it would not work out anyways. He will die long before her.
Old 2007-03-29, 12:20   Link #10
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Well, not dark, just one of those " I will always remember the fun and love we had" type things She is a goddess and will return. Hell, it would not work out anyways. He will die long before her.

I'd bet on the manga ending with Belldandy renouncing godhood to stay as a human next to Keiichi, or something like that.
Old 2007-03-29, 14:08   Link #11
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Can a goddess even do that?

Anyways i would prfer an ending with her with him, but you never know. IF we ever get a damn ending. Been 19 years....
Old 2007-03-30, 07:04   Link #12
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Can a goddess even do that?
Fujishima has been quite spotty on the exact extent of the goddesses' abilities, even changing things as the series goes on.

And really, in any manga, characters will pull situations out of their hats whenever any given situation demands for it.
Old 2007-04-02, 13:57   Link #13
asutedjo909
Banpei

well, we may want to consider the existence of the Gate of Judgment from the movie which sole purpose is to test the love of couples from different races. maybe it will show up for the ending. well, we may just be able to think what is possible now, but i hope it will be some kind of happy ending between them two.

and yeah, love episode 23 so much better than episode 22. lol... i havent found the episode 24 though. maybe later.
Old 2007-04-09, 02:18   Link #14
DwArD
mAnIaC

Quote:
Yeah. I always have the feeling that, should Belldandy one day leave and return, she would no longer be able to see Keiichi again. First thing is due to the fact that Keiichi is a mortal and secondly, I remember reading it somewhere that the time flow in heaven is different than that of the mortal world? In any case, the manga ending may end up like what TigerII mentioned. Instead of a "lived happily ever after" ending, we'll most probably get the "memorable experience" sort of ending. In either case, I'm pretty sure Belldandy's feeling for Keiichi will not change with time. That's the only thing that kept me glued to the series.

Btw, I just watched the subbed ep 24. Its fantastic. Loved the expression on Belldandy's face when she accidentally stumbled into Keiichi's room with Peorth.... And is it just me or there seemed to be a little bit of fanservice in ep24?

Last edited by DwArD; 2007-04-09 at 09:23.
Old 2007-04-10, 02:28   Link #15
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to VC Matsumoto
To: DwARd,

If fan service do you mean........
Spoiler for fan service #1:

or
Spoiler for fan service #2:

or
Spoiler for fan service #3:

VC
Old 2007-04-10, 09:04   Link #16
DwArD
mAnIaC

Yeah but you missed out another scene....

Spoiler for fanservice #4:

Lucky they didn't over expose stuff. But I gotta say the animation quality in ep24 was extremely HIGH. Its very close to the manga.
Old 2007-04-10, 10:44   Link #17
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

I liked the animation, but they should've kept it serious at the end. Especially if it's the last episode they're gonna make.

As for the manga ever wrapping up, that seems like a long shot too. I'm following it right now, and there's no sign as of now that it's going to end. September 2008 will have been 20 years. I just hope Fujishima stays alive long enough to finish it.
Old 2007-04-10, 13:25   Link #18
Js2756
Thread Killer

This episode was good, but it is out of place with the rest of the anime due to how much different Belldandy is. Her open admittance of loving Keiichi is totally out of character here, when you consider how freakin' uptight she was prior to this to admitting her feelings. This is not an issue with the manga, because Belldandy is so much more open there. Other than that, this episode was fine.

Oh, now the series is over, as far as we know, it's time to look back at a couple of predictions I made when this season started airing:

Quote:
Will definitely see Skuld get Noble Scarlet (you see it in the intro). How this plans to be written, I don't know since it's hard to say whether they will introduce Sentaro to follow the manga.
Right.

Quote:
Fourth goddess arc and introduction of Peorth will happen. There are already hints of this in episode 1 of season 2. I expect (and they damn well better) the show to follow the manga. One of the better arcs in the manga and brings in one of my favourite (if not favourite) characters.
Right.

Quote:
Introduction of Hild will probably happen, but like TDRKZ said, how they plan on doing this without Welsper, I don't know. They could just easily write a new Urd story or do the broom race.
Right.

Quote:
Angel eater is not happening in accordance with manga. They changed Lind too much in episode 26 to follow the manga faithfully. Might still do it albeit altered, which will also allow Hild to come into the picture.
Right, although I did give myself an easy out.

Quote:
Passing of directorship of motor club to Keiichi will in almost all likelihood happen. If Chihiro is to be properly introduced, this is how it will turn out.
Wrong, Keiichi did not receive the directorship.

Quote:
Keiichi's parents arriving, unlikely. Takes place way too far off, a cute story, but there's a long way to go before getting there.
Right, even in the face of his parents being in the closing credits. Ha!

Quote:
Gateway arc - not happening. This won't happen until Peorth is established as a significant supporting character which I don't see until the end of this season.
Right.

Quote:
Urd's first class test is a possibility, but I'm not banking on it happening.
One of the stories I would have liked to see, but it didnt happen, so chalk another point up to me.

7/8, not too shabby. Ha ha, shameless self promotion. These were done in the S2E1 thread, btw.
Old 2007-04-11, 05:20   Link #19
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to VC Matsumoto
To: DwARd,

Quote:
Yeah but you missed out another scene....
Thanks man..I'll check it out........................
Just little things shown here or there not even echii or sentai
but a little fan service if we no longer see the Goddess's in anime form.
Hope for a season 3!

VC
Old 2007-04-11, 12:46   Link #20
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

The word on the street is, the animators are just taking a break from AMG, but hope to continue it in the future. TBS has no set plans yet, so it could be in a year or two, or it could be never. There's definitely enough manga material left to do another season or even two, but who knows?
Closed Thread