AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Episode 12 (End) Rating
Perfect 10 30 28.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 36.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 14.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.49%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 7.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.83%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-28, 19:35   Link #21
Pen3

Hinata turned out to be a nice person and i can see why Kodoka likes her personality. Don't kill me, but i think she does make a 3rd romantic option.....
Old 2013-03-28, 19:42   Link #22
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

It's nowhere near the end guys. According to the author, it hasn't even begun. Too early to say who wins when there's a lot of story left. This season raised a lot of flags for both Sena and Rika, especially the former. Like any good rom-com, we will most likely have Yozora, Yukimura, and possibly Kobato/Maria flags incoming. For those of us who are Sena fans like me, let's enjoy the warm and fuzzy feelings while they last, for the ship will be rocked by tumultuous waves next time as other ships have their turn

Although I knew the ending through browsing through the Chinese translations, it only occurred to me just now how much this ending resembles OreImo and the Kirino-going-overseas arc. I've pointed out numerous times before how similar Haganai and OreImo are, and I've previously attributed this to the unexpected emergence of an extremely popular character in each series, which led to certain detours in the storyline in order to capitalise on their commercial value. As we all know, in the OreImo arc, Kyousuke ended up chasing after Kirino to get her back. Whether the same will happen in Haganai is left to be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Write View Post
Can anyone offer some info on the light novels? If I wanted to start reading where the anime just left off which vol/chapter should I start at?
The anime covered the main volumes all the way to the end. You may want to read Haganai Next though, which is essentially a side story that gives some background to other minor characters.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Old 2013-03-28, 19:54   Link #23
ellessarr
Banned

i fogert to say but rika in this season was so awesome, even if i want kodaka with sena, i can't ignore what rika did to kodaka put some "sense" on this trash weakling if he dont end with sena then he must end with rika no doubts.

and let's see what the "kodaka's" defender gonna say who now about he "run because he dont want hurts the girls" theory proved be wrong >.>

Last edited by ellessarr; 2013-03-28 at 20:10.
Old 2013-03-28, 20:00   Link #24
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

After everything that's happened these past couple episodes, I couldn't be more happy with how this ended. A very awesome battle of words between Rika and Kodaka with them finally accepting each other as friends. Just the kind of thing I want to see.~

It's definitely not over yet though, Yozora seems to be in a pretty big pit of despair right now. I suppose the next season will be an attempt to go after her, right all the wrongs and finally draw this story to a conclusion.

Seriously man, I don't tend to like light novel adaptations much considering they're usually pretty bad by my standards but gosh darn it this one just impresses me to no end. There is a reason this show is that diamond in the rough to me and this season finale was a great example of it.

I'm still not going to touch the novels but I definitely want a third season and I will watch it no question.~
Old 2013-03-28, 20:12   Link #25
takai
Easy Muffin

I'm still on Kodaka's side on this one, he really wasn't being selfish, but that's neither here or there. What I'm interested in is what he was going to say to Sena.

Yozora, of course, is pouting. I'm not even really sure why, to be honest.

Aoi is so cute. I swear. And Kodaka seems to have taken a liking to the Council President as well.

All in all, a good season. In my opinion, better than the first. I give it a 9/10. Seems like they hinted at a 3rd season, let's hope so.

Last edited by takai; 2013-03-28 at 20:29.
Old 2013-03-28, 20:18   Link #26
Zoel

After watching the whole second season, I think everything the second season is much superior, especially the pacing, the first season seem to have terrible pacing and sometimes the episodes would end in an absupt way. Luckly the second season didn't have that kind of issue.

And now Rika is the official inventor have the Psy Commu system, man made funnels.
Old 2013-03-28, 20:23   Link #27
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
I'm still on Kodaka's side on this one, he really wasn't being selfish, but that's neither here or there. What I'm interested in is what he was going to say to Sena.

Yozora, of course, is pouting. I'm not even really sure why, to be honest.

Aoi is so cute. I swear. And Kodaka seems to have taken a liking to the Council President as well.

All in all, a good season. In my opinion, better than the first. I give it a 9/10.
but he was "selfish" he even admitted this in the fight, he wanted protect the clubh for his own sake not exactly the girls like some peoples said.
Old 2013-03-28, 20:28   Link #28
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
but he was "selfish" he even admitted this in the fight, he wanted protect the clubh for his own sake not exactly the girls like some peoples said.
Think about it. He wants the club to say intact correct? Because, like him, the girls are also outcasts, they have nowhere else to go. He doesn't want that taken from any of them. And he realizes, like Aoi said, if he started dating one, the club would fall to shambles. He knew that better than anyone, which is why he left when he heard Sena confess. He doesn't want anyone to be lonely outcasts any more. Which is why in my opinion, he isn't selfish.
Old 2013-03-28, 20:32   Link #29
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesilo View Post
Ugh. What the heck was that? I would've liked to have some closure. Instead the entire episode focused on some semi-new characters and Rika for the most part. They need another season now.
Haven't watched the ep yet, but having read the light novel, they're likely leaving it open for a third season.

Wouldn't that be better than a hashed anime-original ending?
Old 2013-03-28, 20:34   Link #30
Trans-Fat

Loved this season of Haganai. 1st season was okay, passable, but this season won it for me. Reminds me of another anime where 2nd season got me wanting more versus first season. Just hoping that if or when a season 3 comes out, it won't be animated by Manglobe titled: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Tsukinai: Can't take My Eyes Off You!!

I was never a big fan of Rika in s1, but i am finding myself rooting for her. Is there an English-translated version game of this anime/LN?
Old 2013-03-28, 20:36   Link #31
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
Think about it. He wants the club to say intact correct? Because, like him, the girls are also outcasts, they have nowhere else to go. He doesn't want that taken from any of them. And he realizes, like Aoi said, if he started dating one, the club would fall to shambles. He knew that better than anyone, which is why he left when he heard Sena confess. He doesn't want anyone to be lonely outcasts any more. Which is why in my opinion, he isn't selfish.
not totally true he wanted for both reasons to help girls but most for himself(to have a place to hide himself from the world), because was very clear he said he "even he can't be harem mc" because he can't do anything due to his own issues(dont have courage or famous chickening/coward), and was very clear who even if him date anyone the club dont gonna end, (maybe the only girl until this point who still have a chance to get hurt i yozora) but the others showed who are fine in case of him choose, who their are friends, and this is the "true means" of "friends", who what scares him.
Old 2013-03-28, 20:43   Link #32
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Great episode. Kodaka was able to come into light about his issue. As I was saying, he DID value what they had and didn't want to lose it. Not cause he couldn't trust anyone. The best part is that Rika understands him, and will help him try to keep the club growing, hopefully with everyone being open. He also had no problem asking Rika to be his friend.

As I've also thought, the club is dependent on him, so it makes even more sense why he did what he did. Both Yozora and Rika stop coming without him there, so that's a fairly good sign if he does choose a girl, it won't end well. With Yozora leaving, she still has a long way to go, so no way Kodaka could choose a girlfriend right now, cause if it ain't her, who knows what she'll do.

And unlike others, I'm not seeing this implied Sena ending. Of course he's gonna blush, they last saw each other on very akward terms and even that moment was akward. I think he was gonna tell her now is not the best time to get into stuff like that, or at least wanted to work on friendship first.

Anyway, good epsiode to a great season. 9 out of 10.

Quote:
Listen to what he said. He wanted a place for those "outcast" to come together and be able to do stuff like normal people. Rika even agrees with him and says she will help him. He is not selfish at all, he has all their interest in mind.

You know who's selfish right now? Yozora, who has just went MIA on everyone. This is exactly what Kodaka was afraid of.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2013-03-30 at 01:50. Reason: please use the edit button instead of double posting
Old 2013-03-28, 20:50   Link #33
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Can anyone offer some info on the light novels? If I wanted to start reading where the anime just left off which vol/chapter should I start at?
Vol. 9, coming out next week...

As far as the episode goes (since I know the story long time ago...)
1. It does feel a little bit rush IMO.
2. As for those complaining about it being open-ended...that's what happen when the anime catch up to the latest LN volume (Including Haganai Connect)
3. So, will it be Niku route? Will see in a week...
4. Or will Rika continue her streak? Of course, they're already in friend-zone...
5. Or will he go harem route, Seitokai include?
5a. Sad that Amakusa Hidaka wasn't able to drag Kodaka into Seitokai, no Seitokai Yakuindomo S2...
6. For Kodaka v. Rika...they sure this is not the pre-season episode of Railgun?
7. And Season 3 / OVA is almost a given...it's just a question of "When" especially with the LN being released at a turtle pace...
8. Last note on Rika...she's mine. I claim her before the Season start and now face tons of competitions...
9. 理科ちゃんマジ天使。理科ちゃんマジ天使。理科ちゃんマジ天使。
10. Last note, Fukuen Misato is just good...from Universe in S1 to going all over the place in S2. Another reason why Rika = THE true end.
Old 2013-03-28, 20:52   Link #34
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
Listen to what he said. He wanted a place for those "outcast" to come together and be able to do stuff like normal people. Rika even agrees with him and says she will help him. He is not selfish at all, he has all their interest in mind.

You know who's selfish right now? Yozora, who has just went MIA on everyone. This is exactly what Kodaka was afraid of.
yep then this is the reason of kodaka stop of playing the "dense" accept who he have friend and everyone is friend and bring back yozora like a friend does with the help of everyone, not just "runing" like he did and now is yozora turn to do.

what i most critic on kodaka is who he choose the Worst" of the worst way to deal with the things, who i doubt most of the peoples gonna do the same, because this is a proof who he still being the same weakling, like his child days.

what was worse was who he did exactly what i said in the other episode "run from the club to raise flags with the girls from the concil" and him almost joined the concil another place full of girls(wtf this a all girls school? this school give me the vib who is a 99% girls and 1% guys school besides kodaka i only see a few bunch of guys of screen O.o ), was needed both rika and yukimura to bring him back, really such a "awesome" mc.
Old 2013-03-28, 20:56   Link #35
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
yep then this is the reason of kodaka stop of playing the "dense" accept who he have friend and everyone is friend and help youzora like a friend with the help of everyone
But as you can see, these girls are not normal, and their reactions can be over extreme.

But listen to what he told Rika, he asked her what SHE wanted. He does care about them and what they think, that's what he's been careful about. He says "I wish I WAS a Harem male lead that could make everyone happy", so I don't think he's selfish, he just doesn't know how.

His issue wasn't how to make friends, its how to KEEP them. You see how he had no problem asking Rika to be his friend, and even laughed when she said they already were. Now his problem will be how to keep them, but luckily, Rika will help him.
Old 2013-03-28, 21:00   Link #36
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
But as you can see, these girls are not normal, and their reactions can be over extreme.

But listen to what he told Rika, he asked her what SHE wanted. He does care about them and what they think, that's what he's been careful about. He says "I wish I WAS a Harem male lead that could make everyone happy", so I don't think he's selfish, he just doesn't know how.

His issue wasn't how to make friends, its how to KEEP them. You see how he had no problem asking Rika to be his friend, and even laughed when she said they already were. Now his problem will be how to keep them, but luckily, Rika will help him.
he said this because he said who she also being selfish and need to be true with herself too not only about him.
to be more specificly, he used a common defense mechanic, when we are yelled by someone then we try to change the target of the discuss to the other side like he did, but unlikely him she was able to say what she want then making the famous checkmate on kodaka who was unable to say anything more.

ofcourse after her throw on him all this sense(and sai who she want friends) and this fight will be pointless if him not asked her to be friends or accepted who their already friends.

we really must prise rika she was the best character of this season(coming from a sena fan) like i said she is my second choice without thing much.

she was able to say predict and tell all kodaka movies and issues and everything and with her "balls of steel" kick him "some balls"

Last edited by ellessarr; 2013-03-28 at 21:12.
Old 2013-03-28, 21:10   Link #37
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
this fight will be pointless if him not asked her to be friends or accepted who their already friends.
That's the irony in all of it, and made them laugh. Both already KNEW they were friends. Funny you can tend to go through so much just to state the obvious.

As far as Rika, no doubt she was the best. My thing is that I've always loved Rika because I like the nerdy glasses girl types in anime, especially harem cause they never tend to get a fair chance. But not only did Rika get a good spot this season, she just crapped all over the other girls when it came to character development. If ALL the other girls where like Rika, this entire issue wouldn't be an issue. But Sena and Yozora aren't as wise as Rika is, so you have to handle it with care.

Even with that being said, I miss my Rika with her glasses...I want my horny nerd girl back
Old 2013-03-28, 21:15   Link #38
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
That's the irony in all of it, and made them laugh. Both already KNEW they were friends. Funny you can tend to go through so much just to state the obvious.

As far as Rika, no doubt she was the best. My thing is that I've always loved Rika because I like the nerdy glasses girl types in anime, especially harem cause they never tend to get a fair chance. But not only did Rika get a good spot this season, she just crapped all over the other girls when it came to character development. If ALL the other girls where like Rika, this entire issue wouldn't be an issue. But Sena and Yozora aren't as wise as Rika is, so you have to handle it with care.

Even with that being said, I miss my Rika with her glasses...I want my horny nerd girl back
yep, indeed if i'm not already in love with sena(man you have to admit that it may not be as smart rika however is much funnier) then this the reason i put her on second otherwise will be first and this is the first time who the worst of the worst choice is the first girl(yozora) she is the girl with the less development along the series.
Old 2013-03-28, 21:17   Link #39
Alhazred

I just wonder how much this development helps cement an eventual Yozora end, since Yozora is clearly so much more needy than any of the other girls. It sort of leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

Another thing about Haganai that bugs me is how the author really went out of his way to play up the 'useless harem lead' trope, where Kodaka literally has nothing going for him other than the fact that he's nice, while all of the girls are fantastically exceptional in one way or another (or in nearly every way, when it comes to Sena and the student council girls.) I think this might be part of the Kodaka hate. Most 'useless harem leads' we see are at least able to 'man up' when it really matters, but when Kodaka was put on the spot he folded (because he isn't inherently a 'protagonist' type character, as he himself pointed out), leading some to question why he 'deserves' to have the attention of these girls.
Old 2013-03-28, 21:22   Link #40
finalfury
Incognito

Yozora gets her just desserts and karma hits her hard. Karma gets them every time. :/
Hinata is cool and Rika improved a great deal but the strange thing about this series is that when it ends, it loses its enjoyment for me and I don't know why.==
Now I know why I like Hinata. She looks like an older Rika (normal hair color) with a different hair style.