AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2011-04-22, 03:34   Link #21
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
All SAO characters were deleted by Kayaba at the end of Volume 1. ALO is a completely different game, he has to make a new character. Though there are some circumstances that make this not as clear cut.

I suggest reading the volume 2 translations, they aren't crazily important in the grand scheme of the plot but I, and it seems others as well, found them a better read than volume 1 at least.
Ah, I got it wrong a bit, I mean why did he delete his ALO avatar. and no, his ALO's and SAO's are the same, their status/level are. His Spriggan avatar is overwhelmingly strong he could defeat the strongest guy in ALO world, no way a brand new avatar can do that . so his ALO avatar in someway succeeded from the SAO.

But he deleted his ALO after that. which is

the guild member are Sylica and Liz then? I don't remember their name

and Okay okay I'll read it , maybe the chapters about Asuna and Yui.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 03:57   Link #22
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Ah, I got it wrong a bit, I mean why did he delete his ALO avatar. and no, his ALO's and SAO's are the same, their status/level are. His Spriggan avatar is overwhelmingly strong he could defeat the strongest guy in ALO world, no way a brand new avatar can do that . so his ALO avatar in someway succeeded from the SAO.

But he deleted his ALO after that. which is
Yes I know that but the rest of ALO isn't translated yet and he didn't have to "delete" the character until he went to play GGO by request or something. Apparently you can only play one online game at a time. So he had to transfer his data into GGO, like he did when he went from SAO to ALO. This might be wrong since it's from looking around for information.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 03:58   Link #23
tsunade666

vol 2 doesn't show the story of his past about the guild.

Silica and Liz are two different character.

And Kirito didn't delete ALO. HE needs to remove it to play GGO. Because only one save file in VR games. And nope he didn't have same stats from SAO to ALO. Only skills and items plus money. The reason he is good in ALO is because level doesn't matter in ALO only skill and brain capacity/reflex. So even a level 1 can beat the highest level.

You could say Asuna is the one doing Kirito route she is continuing meeting Kirito for months until Kirito notice Asuna. Well Asuna is one of the most beautiful in SAO and one of the few girls in SAO so she is plenty noticeable.

Liz is might be not late to make a move but she doesn't want to betray a friend. As for Sugua.... well cousin/imouto plus already had a girlfriend = bad ending.
Silica = imouto in Kirito's eyes.... poor girls.
Old 2011-04-22, 04:01   Link #24
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
vol 2 doesn't show the story of his past about the guild.

Silica and Liz are two different character.

And Kirito didn't delete ALO. HE needs to remove it to play GGO. Because only one save file in VR games. And nope he didn't have same stats from SAO to ALO. Only skills and items plus money. The reason he is good in ALO is because level doesn't matter in ALO only skill and brain capacity/reflex. So even a level 1 can beat the highest level.
Yeah from volume 3, skills and money carried over and were fine. There aren't stats like in SAO though so the strength and dexterity and stuff that Kirito had high no longer existed. He had starting HP and MP though. He was just lucky that he had Lyfa to help him block magic and stuff in that one fight.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-04-22, 04:45   Link #25
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
You could say Asuna is the one doing Kirito route she is continuing meeting Kirito for months until Kirito notice Asuna. Well Asuna is one of the most beautiful in SAO and one of the few girls in SAO so she is plenty noticeable.

Liz is might be not late to make a move but she doesn't want to betray a friend. As for Sugua.... well cousin/imouto plus already had a girlfriend = bad ending.
Silica = imouto in Kirito's eyes.... poor girls.
lol Asuna had Kirito ending after Sachi & Keita's tragic end Kirito is the target with a loose soul in his heart
It's her duty to capture the loose soul before it transform to level 4 and increase Kirito's gloomy level.

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2011-04-22 at 04:56.
Old 2011-04-22, 04:54   Link #26
Sakuyakun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Volume 3 is translated now, you could skip ahead and read that since volume 2 are just side stories that happened in between the time skip that happened in volume 1.
Does Vol 3 end with a cliff hanger? I would really like to avoid that but if completes it's arc then I'll be reading then
Sakuyakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 05:31   Link #27
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuyakun View Post
Does Vol 3 end with a cliff hanger? I would really like to avoid that but if completes it's arc then I'll be reading then
it end after a good battle (the battle ended with a winner of course) so I don't think it end in a cliffhanger.

the ALO arc itself will end in volume 4.
Old 2011-04-22, 13:01   Link #28
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
lol Asuna had Kirito ending after Sachi & Keita's tragic end Kirito is the target with a loose soul in his heart
It's her duty to capture the loose soul before it transform to level 4 and increase Kirito's gloomy level.
You know Asuna had it bad too. With a looner and always out to fight. Meeting Kirito in SAO is like finding a rare pokemon! (AnoHana makes me remember it) But once Asuna had him in friend list all is easy stalking
It also hard to deal with if the guy is in constant move and ended up meeting girls again and again.

BUT STILL that still didn't remove the bad impression I had on Asuna's character.

I like Suguha more
Old 2011-04-24, 11:21   Link #29
AlaAlba

I've read the chapter about Liz and Silica, they're both nice chapters. I like liz's more though, the moment when the Ainkrad was cleared and it was written in other people pov, in this case Liz's, makes it rather interesting. To see the glory moment from other people eyes is like a bonus.

Spoiler for 7:

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2011-04-25 at 03:53.
Old 2011-04-26, 11:37   Link #30
Zakoo

Well then, thanks to our dear translator and editor, we recently had the first volume of Fairy dance arc.

I was waiting for it since october, but yahoo, it was good, really good, awesome.

Spoiler for Volume 3 : Fairy Dance:
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 09:42   Link #31
tomtkp

Hi,I have just joined in Anime Suki forum.Nice to meet you all.I am tomtkp.Do not be surprised if you had seen my username in the first post because I am indeed the original author who wrote the SAO info whichi is shown in the first post.I was surprised that someone published the info in this forum because originally the info was written in Mandarin(stuopidget,I bet you mastered both English and Mandarin,right?).
Anyway,besides the info shown in the first post,I had actually arranged the story arcs in chronological order,but somehow it never shown in the first post(I do not mean to criticise you,stuopidget).Hence,I think it's okay for me to complete what is left with the story timeline.

SAO Timeline(Date,Game Stage and Volume in brackets)
SWORD ART ONLINE 1 Start (November 2022,SAO,Vol.1)
SAO ex06 Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer (December 2023,SAO,Vol.2)
SAO ex01 Black Swordsman (Feburary 2024,SAO,Vol.2)
SAO ex05 A Murder Case in the Area (around April or May 2024,SAO,Vol.8)
SAO ex03 Warmth of The Heart (June 2024,SAO,Vol.2)
SAO Gaiden X1 Chap.16.5 (October 2024,SAO,never published)
SAO ex02 Morning Dew Girl (October 2024,SAO,Vol.2)
SWORD ART ONLINE 1 Finished (November 2024,SAO,Vol.1)
SWORD ART ONLINE 2 FAIRY DANCE (January to May 2025,ALO,Vol.3-4)
SWORD ART ONLINE 3 DEATH GUN (December 2025,GGO,Vol.5-6)
Special 2010/2011 End of Year Story CALIBRE (December 2025,ALO,Vol.8)
SAO ex04 Absolute Sword (January to April 2026,ALO,Vol.7)
SWORD ART ONLINE 4 ALICIZATION
SAO ex07 Moon's Cradle
SWORD ART ONLINE 4 ALICIZATION Epilogue
SAO Gaiden X2 Doujinshi

*Information will be updated when more volumes are published and translated.
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 16:48   Link #32
Zakoo

Huh, volume 4 has been translated.

Huh, wonderful, truly, I prefered volume 1 but the Fairy Dance arc was good, especially the end with the return of HeathCliff.

I don't know how much time before the gun MMO, but I feel it will be awesome.

Thanks for both the translator and editor !
Old 2011-05-24, 16:54   Link #33
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Huh, volume 4 has been translated.

Huh, wonderful, truly, I prefered volume 1 but the Fairy Dance arc was good, especially the end with the return of HeathCliff.

I don't know how much time before the gun MMO, but I feel it will be awesome.

Thanks for both the translator and editor !
I think you mean the return of Aincrad Though I think I prefer thinking of this and volume 1 together since volume 1 didn't resolve everything yet.

Translator is apparently already working on volume 5 and the editors already have the first two chapters to work on now.

Old 2011-05-24, 17:03   Link #34
Zakoo

I can spoil can I ?

Well :

Spoiler for spoil then:
Old 2011-05-24, 23:53   Link #35
king12354

Read Vol. 1 skipped 2 and reading 3 now. But boy, did it turn cliche. Might also be because the translators aren't as good as the one who did Vol. 1.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 13:48   Link #36
tsunade666

^ huh? how did it turn cliche? they just translate it and they did a good job.
But really, I stop reading SAO so I don;t know but I at least read vol 3 and 4 and stop for further reading because the story starts to bore me on fairy dance arc. I prefer more Accel. I really hate the story when a girl was establish from the beginning but the author still put a harem on it. It makes the other girl sad and look like idiot.
Old 2011-05-27, 15:33   Link #37
Zakoo

That's true, I didn't expect it to turn into a harem when I read volume 1 there's one year ... Incest is something I even more dislike, but since I love the setting and the way the author write it's still my favorite LN.

Last edited by Zakoo; 2011-05-27 at 16:04.
Old 2011-05-27, 15:55   Link #38
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
Read Vol. 1 skipped 2 and reading 3 now. But boy, did it turn cliche. Might also be because the translators aren't as good as the one who did Vol. 1.
...hum, in fact, the translator desodus translates from chinese, the proofreaders can check the errors. I don't think that desodus is a bad one; he/she is actually very productive, and completes quickly his chapter.

In fact, the reason why SAO was that great in V1 was because it's simply the best one, and that the others simply follow the 1st volume.
Old 2011-05-27, 19:56   Link #39
king12354

I mean the 3rd and 4th volumes is basically the white knight Kazuto trying to save the princess. Not to mention the sister is annoying and has a shallow personality. Although some parts are good, it could have been a lot better if the protagonist wasn't like "I MUST SAVE ASUNA!" the whole time.

I say the translation quality dropped because the setting in both volumes weren't as vivid in description as in vol. 1 and I have a hard time picturing where this is all taking place although perhaps, it could be the author's fault.

And I still don't understand why they don't pull the NervGear off.

Last edited by king12354; 2011-05-27 at 22:45.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 21:42   Link #40
tsunade666

The author just tried to set up the imouto-itoko that way. Poor girl. And since you didn't read vol 2, you haven't read the part where the other girls liked him. The vol 2 is the side story and should be inserted in between vol 1 in the web novel but when it's been published. All SAO main story is compressed into vol 1 and ss into vol 2.

I pity the other girls really. More so in vol 3 where Kirito only focus on just like what you said "I MUST SAVE ASUNA!" and didn't care about the girl who is helping him. Suguha's character development might be pretty shallow from the cousin who thinks they are siblings by blood then finally discover that they are only cousins and tried to reach out to his brother by playing the same type of game which he likes and creating another personality in it. She fell in love with his brother or maybe because she knew that they are just cousins that a long lost emotion finally become clear or passed the barrier from just being siblings but too bad the idiot is too focus on "I MUST SAVE ASUNA!" plus both are idiots. She fail in real life and tried to love the same guy in the game such utter double failure.

Though after saving asuna that didn't change much in GGO. their is another girl to the harem even though the guy is already tied up with another girl.

I just hate that kind of idea. It's not harem like.

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality