AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-23, 08:14   Link #31181
agetreme
Just another Idiot

hey! it is very effective against human army...

the downside is you might accidentially trigger a zombie apolospse

sorry for the inconvience when it happen?
Old 2012-05-23, 08:17   Link #31182
greedyspectator

@Zero
What I don't understand is how IS barriers work. I mean, if the conservation of momentum is true, then pure energy barriers should not be able to deflect bullets. If the IS barrier completely incinerates and turn incoming projectiles into plasma, I can understand, since in that case velocity and mass is unchanged, just the state of matter. I can't make heads or tales how IS barriers obey the conservation of momentum.

Alternatively, IS barriers do not obey the conservation of momentum. In that case, conservation of momentum is not true and physics itself fall apart and you get FTL signaling and gravitational collapse... and if FTL signaling is possible, then stock tactics that exploit the time difference between stock markets will no longer be feasible, which will probably cause a collapse in the stock market, which will ruin the state of the economy...

Funny how breaking one law of physics can have dire implications to society.

@demino_hellsin
Stealth/Command types. Assassinate the enemy commander and the enemy army will fall apart.
Old 2012-05-23, 08:27   Link #31183
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

They work by that, conservation of momentum.

Notice that they NEVER outright shrug an attack, any attack that hit them and not breaking in still hit them like a mother.

Case in point:
> Char's rifle still able to throw Ichika's flight path off the course.
> Houki, using an Uchigane (an unit with superb defense btw) still stunned when Char delivered SMG barrage, and actually pushed back when Char switch to shotgun.
> The scene where Char raped Laura using giant-ass pilebunker, the barrier is intact, the unit behind the barrier still receive damage.
> Yamada used the grenade. Watch BT and Shenlong tumbles hard to the ground from the explosion.
> Gospel's gun, plasma-wank-explosive-dart-thing, has the properties of energy and explosive weapon.

Force-related stuff such as recoil and extremely high-g maneuver was handwaved by PIC most of the time, but it's not perfect, still had limitation, and therefore still vulnerable to law of physic.
Old 2012-05-23, 08:29   Link #31184
demino_hellsin
That one guy

that's some pretty interesting choices )

Back to thinking about Lyon's situation... would the military take him in or leave him be?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 08:32   Link #31185
greedyspectator

@Zero
Wait, so the IS Barrier has mass? Weird, I thought it was an energy barrier...
Old 2012-05-23, 08:38   Link #31186
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi'
Military will milk him dry for all his worth, hell, probably 'erase' him

@ Greedy
No, but they act like any impenetrable wall would. It disperses the impact force upon larger area, the overall kE received is largely unchanged unless Inertia canceling-related magic is involved.

To give you an idea, it's similar to how bulletproof vest and shield work against bullet. Even if the bullet don't penetrate, you'll still feel like a sledgehammer hit you.
Old 2012-05-23, 08:51   Link #31187
demino_hellsin
That one guy

hmmm would Natasha vouch for him and try to keep him alive? Considering he somewhat saved hers?
Old 2012-05-23, 08:54   Link #31188
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It depends how much harm he inflicted during the run. And from your concepts, he done a lot (including one of Ichika's hand). Indirectly, but still.
Old 2012-05-23, 08:56   Link #31189
demino_hellsin
That one guy

true...

would a beacon that continually agitate the IS shielding work?
Old 2012-05-23, 09:00   Link #31190
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

BY agitate do you mean eating or destroying?

The later is used in [Outback Screamer] concept, reducing the shield integrity of any units within it's AoE.

OTOH, a Shield Vacuum weapon would be a gamebreaker, or at worst somewhat impractical, but still powerful.
Old 2012-05-23, 09:11   Link #31191
demino_hellsin
That one guy

basically it continually chips away at the IS shield... the concept is that it would be an anti-IS infantry issue weapon. Ofcourse it's not really standard issue. What's more, it's incredibly weak. However the cost-effectiveness is great since one unit in highest range can drain an IS's shielding proportionally, meaning the power of the beacon is dependent on the IS.

However the shield drain only has a tiny range of a hundred meter radius with the damage being 0.01% of the total shield count eaten off per second. On the brightside... the power source needed to activate each beacon only amounts to an AA battery
Old 2012-05-23, 09:14   Link #31192
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

That's less gamebreaker and more armywank, true, in practice this is less than efficient. But still, AA batteries!

Are you for real? Imagine if it's scaled up and paired with automotive engine, I.S. denial area weapon!
Old 2012-05-23, 09:16   Link #31193
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Doesn't sound like me huh?

Been exploring the Marvel wikia so superpowered(via armor or otherwise) is getting pretty old.

One more interesting point is that the beacons are small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. :|

EDIT: Guess what? The effects stack :|
Old 2012-05-23, 09:33   Link #31194
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

And I think some of my idea is crazy, stranger things keep happening again and again
Old 2012-05-23, 09:43   Link #31195
demino_hellsin
That one guy

would IS be able to detect you if you can bend all forms of light and electrical waves so as they won't touch you?
Old 2012-05-23, 09:46   Link #31196
greedyspectator

By the way, will a MASER type weapon be effective against an IS?

My idea is to tune the MASER to emit at wavelengths similar to or even the same as the wavelengths IS units use to communicate. This way, the MASER beam bypasses the shields since the IS unit will register the attack as a communication attempt. Is this feasible?

By the way, is the shielding system of an IS passive or active?
Old 2012-05-23, 09:46   Link #31197
agetreme
Just another Idiot

*looking at his draft board*

hmm.... i think my idea are actually more bizzare....

(the Undead solider idea isn't thought up on the spot. it is days of wondering how to force nanomachine into somebody's body without them realizing it)

it is the only thing which link both of my new story....
Old 2012-05-23, 09:51   Link #31198
demino_hellsin
That one guy

easy... kill them then inject nanites.
Old 2012-05-23, 09:53   Link #31199
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I still wonder how do nanites actually allows a person to take complete control of another.

Also,
Spoiler for Scene!:
Old 2012-05-23, 09:54   Link #31200
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Dunno

It's really depend on the quality of stealth, I'd say. Because I.S. explicitly has distortion sensor (meaning they can detect ripples in the air using visual recognition). Meaning predator style invisibility isn't going to do jack.

@ Stratos
Nanites is used in ST as brainwashing tool.

Also, shield mode don't do jack against solid weapon in canon. (my version DID, but then again it's fanon thing)

@ Greedy
I'm not sure about that, but "Sync itself with I.S. barrier" concept has been used in plenty of fanfic.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest