AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-06, 10:58   Link #41
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It caught your attention now, didn't it? I haven't read the source for Grancrest either, so I guess we'll see how the show explain it later.
Yeah that's the only ?? I have with this ep....was ok apart from that
Old 2018-01-06, 11:07   Link #42
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

Oh, yeah, what's her deal? The fathers died fighting side by side against an enemy of humanity, and she wants to resume human/human hostilities because she's a daddy's girl and/or her fiance's a wimp?
Yeah i'm wondering the same, that was the only good twist and the ED revealed she goes full evil..why?
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 12:13   Link #43
kuromitsu

Wow, this is like having just completed a game tutorial. All that was missing for the backstory to be narrated dramatically. Also, wow, I was starting to feel sorry for poor Theo. There he is, minding his own business, only to have this complete stranger latch onto him and start ordering him around.

Also, I spent too much time trying to figure out what's going on with the mage's cape. How is it attached to her outfit? Or is it not attached and is just kind of following her around? (That would be cute.)

Princess seems to have turned pretty hardcore over the years, although I'm not quite sure why she's apparently a bad guy now, but also I'm not sure I care enough to find out. Poor prince, though.

And what a waste of a battle butler to have him just randomly standing around.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 14:27   Link #44
RDNexus

According to a portuguese news site I frequent, the series is gonna be 24 episodes.
Surely, the news will show up on ANN soon enough...if it's pretty much confirmed...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 15:34   Link #45
Enternal

Quote:
Episode 1 is okay. It does the job good enough to set things up. And I find it funny that Siluca's fanservicey clothes is actually plot-relevant. Even the attackers thought that she dresses like a slut . That must've been an ecchi lord that Silica was supposed to serve before she met Theo . And it's actually refreshing to see that it's the bride who went sour and turned down the marriage and sparks the flame of war again. In any other fantasy, it's usually the groom who did it after that kind of bloody incident at the altar. The archetypal bride usually have greater tolerance, but not here.

The thing about this author's work is, often times, the side characters are more interesting than the MC. Kinda like Bleach. So at least I went with that expectation in my head. I understand your complaint though.
Very much this. Parn in Record of Lodoss, Mizuno's previous old work, is like that. I should rewatch that show one day. I freaking loved it back when I first watched it... ah, the nostalgia. I even recently bought a freaking awesome cloth wall scroll of little Neice/Neece as shown here.

Anyways, so far I'm enjoying it but it definitely felt rushed. I compared it to the manga adaptation and there are a lot of extra details that are left out of the 1st episode. So... I'm a bit worried, to be honest. In addition, the visuals are good but not great.

Siluca, though, is AWESOME. I like her a lot already
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 15:39   Link #46
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Episode 1 is okay. It does the job good enough to set things up. And I find it funny that Siluca's fanservicey clothes is actually plot-relevant. Even the attackers thought that she dresses like a slut . That must've been an ecchi lord that Silica was supposed to serve before she met Theo
How much do you wanna bet that she never changes her outfit despite complaining about it?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 16:44   Link #47
Kakurin
大佐

Execution was a tad shoddy. But colour me intrigued, especially by Siluca. Meanwhile the behaviour of the bride (Kreische, was that the name?) was weird, curious if there is a good explanation to this or just a "deal with it".
Old 2018-01-06, 18:20   Link #48
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
How much do you wanna bet that she never changes her outfit despite complaining about it?
Considering the promotional materials and advertisement, I wouldn't bet anything on that if something like night gowns also counts.

I think she will keep wearing that clothes due to one of the below possibilities (or both?):
  • She gets use to it and maybe grows to like it
  • She needs to wear that "uniform" due to magic-related reasons, or she has to wear it if she wants to perform her magic properly based on the contract.

All in all, if we're lucky, we'll see her wearing different clothes throughout the series. I mean, she won't be sleeping on the bed wearing that, right?

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2018-01-06 at 23:22.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 19:28   Link #49
magnuskn

I quite liked this episode. Nothing groundbreaking, but competently told. I like the protagonists as well.

<sigh> I guess we'll be hearing the manga purists complaining throughout the entirety of the series, aren't we?
Old 2018-01-06, 19:35   Link #50
Mistyclear

I’m not a manga purist I think (what is that?)...wait didn’t this start out as a light novel?
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 19:41   Link #51
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
I’m not a manga purist I think (what is that?)...wait didn’t this start out as a light novel?
No idea if it was a light novel or manga. The complaints are always the same... too rushed compared to the original source, did leave out this vital interaction, changed that plot detail, etc. etc. It gets really tiring to read the same complaints series after series.
Old 2018-01-06, 19:41   Link #52
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
<sigh> I guess we'll be hearing the manga purists complaining throughout the entirety of the series, aren't we?
Many of the complaints actually came from newcomers though.
Old 2018-01-06, 19:42   Link #53
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
Did and still going...strong...I guess?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 20:33   Link #54
Enternal

Yeah, the original source is a light novel. There is a manga adaptation that has been going for a while now (that's the one I was comparing the anime adaptation to) and the novel. There isn't much discussion from novel readers on the dedicated thread, though.

Quote:
Episode 1 is okay. It does the job good enough to set things up. And I find it funny that Siluca's fanservicey clothes is actually plot-relevant. Even the attackers thought that she dresses like a slut . That must've been an ecchi lord that Silica was supposed to serve before she met Theo .
Well, she did call him Lord Lust for a reason. It wasn't his real name anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Theo is clearly Alm though...
Or... Ephraim?
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 21:39   Link #55
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Maybe I just don't remember it looking that silly, but she is certainly right about her uniforms cape. It looks uhm... yeah... silly?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 23:14   Link #56
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal6183425
Or... Ephraim?
Different circumstances though, Theo got the castle without a fight, Ephraim was lead to a trap.

Theo's idealism is closer to Alm.
Old 2018-01-07, 03:44   Link #57
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Or... Ephraim?
Ephraim doesn't use this gauntlet shield like Theo, nor swords on that matter.
Old 2018-01-07, 16:59   Link #58
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for My comments/feedback for EP 1:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-08, 09:13   Link #59
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

this is a really good adaptation..
I'm glad they rushed the boring part but still emphasizing lots of important things
They explained how Crest worked in a very clear way

looking forward for more Theo-Shiruka's antics in the future
I hope they are doing some good and slow explanation for the political part since the battle might not starting soon
Focusing a bit on slice of life part is good also

The art is beautiful and the opening song is also good
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-08, 09:19   Link #60
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Also, I spent too much time trying to figure out what's going on with the mage's cape. How is it attached to her outfit? Or is it not attached and is just kind of following her around? (That would be cute.)
Stop guessing. She's a mage. So it's MAGIC