AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2016-02-14, 09:04   Link #3121
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
Where are you getting the idea that it was to the death? That isn't in the dub or the original, you seem to have just invented that out of whole cloth. If your biggest argument is predicated on something you made up for kicks, you really can't be all that confident in what you're saying.

Also, no, I already told you, when he gets back to the real world, as far as he knows, he'll go back to only seeing Takeru for a single night once a year. This isn't even inference, it's explicitly canon.
I agree with you
Matt was innocent, he just want to destroy Wargreymon and humiliate Taichi to feel good.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-14, 09:11   Link #3122
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
I agree with you
Matt was innocent, he just want to destroy Wargreymon and humiliate Taichi to feel good.
There is literally nothing to suggest he wanted to destroy WarGreymon or do anything worse than forcing him back to Agumon. Do you really imagine that even if he did want to kill anyone, that Gabumon would actually go along with that for a second? I'm increasingly starting to get the impression that you never actually watched the show, because I'm totally baffled at where you got any of this from, since it - definitely wasn't the show itself. It's not even like these are subtle nuances, they're big glaring plot points written for ten year olds to understand.

And let's face it, humiliating Taichi wasn't the point either: It was as much about proving a point to himself as it was anything else.

Like, yes, he did something stupid. He was eleven and under considerably more stress than any of the other Chosen Children, that's what eleven year olds do.

But let's not distort this into something worse than it was just because some people are still upset after a decade and a half that their ship didn't happen.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra

Last edited by DMurphy; 2016-02-14 at 09:33.
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-14, 10:18   Link #3123
Knighto

All this talk about ships is starting to grate me. And no, I don't expect any ohter new digistined to show up. If one were to make an appearance it should have been done in the first movie that is a setup for what's coming, not later. The show pretty much established Meiko is the 9th and final member.

But anyway, has anyone else noticed Hackmon was looking at the apartment where Taichi lives in?
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-14, 10:34   Link #3124
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
All this talk about ships is starting to grate me. And no, I don't expect any ohter new digistined to show up. If one were to make an appearance it should have been done in the first movie that is a setup for what's coming, not later. The show pretty much established Meiko is the 9th and final member.

But anyway, has anyone else noticed Hackmon was looking at the apartment where Taichi lives in?
I profess I did not notice that. I wonder what it means - in Saikai, he seemed to be watching Meicoomon, apart from when he briefly watched the airport battle.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-14, 15:46   Link #3125
Knighto

What bothers me is this: why would Alphamon, an ultimate level digimon and RK, would appear in Human World to deal personally with Meicoomon who was his objective all along. Against the last infected Kuwagamon he only drew out his hand and crushed it efortless. Hmm... so the leader of the RK against an Adult level digimon doesn't even bother come out to take care of the burden, yet goes out of his way to exterminate another one of the same level. Interesting.
Old 2016-02-14, 15:55   Link #3126
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Meiko supposedly lives in the same building, so perhaps Hackmon was looking at her apartment.
Old 2016-02-14, 18:09   Link #3127
Knighto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Meiko supposedly lives in the same building, so perhaps Hackmon was looking at her apartment.
Yes, she lives there as she just moved.
Old 2016-02-15, 01:59   Link #3128
MagnaAngemon

So according to pre-screenings the movies are continuing to push Takari and Koumi for sure in Ketsui.

Not sure what that means but hey, whatevs.
MagnaAngemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-17, 13:39   Link #3129
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaAngemon View Post
So according to pre-screenings the movies are continuing to push Takari and Koumi for sure in Ketsui.

Not sure what that means but hey, whatevs.
LOL All this Mimi X Joe advertisement for the next film only for shippers to get trolled by.

I never did understand the popularity of Izzy X Mimi pairing, I mean towards the end of Adventure it seemed to me the end game pairings were Tai X Sora, T.K X Kari, Joe X Mimi.

In my opinion Matt X Sora and Mimi X Izzy came out of no where, than again I did watch the dub so.

Whatever, I'm just looking forward to Joe finally doing some thing. I don't know why the people who work on these films hate Joe's character so much? Every film it seemed like they'd just have Joe focused on his school studies and never joined the action

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-17, 18:56   Link #3130
KiraYamatoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
LOL All this Mimi X Joe advertisement for the next film only for shippers to get trolled by.

I never did understand the popularity of Izzy X Mimi pairing, I mean towards the end of Adventure it seemed to me the end game pairings were Tai X Sora, T.K X Kari, Joe X Mimi.

In my opinion Matt X Sora and Mimi X Izzy came out of no where, than again I did watch the dub so.

Whatever, I'm just looking forward to Joe finally doing some thing. I don't know why the people who work on these films hate Joe's character so much? Every film it seemed like they'd just have Joe focused on his school studies and never joined the action
Joe already said he is in a relationship, so involving him with anybody else was never really an option.

Mimi X Izzy (Koushiro)... I think it's because Izzy is little bit like our own inner nerd who hopes to get hooked with a beautiful partner of the opposite gender at the same time that partner would acknowledge the nerd's skills. And TBF, he has become more than a nerd. He's a multi-skilled person in his own right, especially with foreign languages.

Matt X Sora... let's not start on that. I never made any sense out of that.

IMHO, the way Joe is portrayed in the Tri movies represents more or less one of the cutoff points between childhood/teenage years and adulthood. I don't think it's because the filmmakers hate him. Joe really is between a rock and a hard place like many Japanese people of his age at that particular time.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2016-02-21 at 06:44.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 04:24   Link #3131
Knight_SV

so we have to wait until 5th or 6th movie to rematch between omegamon and alphamon?
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 06:49   Link #3132
Idealist 99

Anyone thinks Daemon might be the villain of "Confession".
Because he was sent to Dark Ocean which has a connection with Kari.
Also , Daemon is dark counterpart of Seraphimon so its makes him a perfect opponent for Seraphimon's 1st fight.
Old 2016-02-21, 07:21   Link #3133
Knighto

The 02 getting trashed is karmic enough to me. Whenever I watch that part again I'm always reminded of Daemon's last words as he was laughing maniacally. And it just happens that those four contributed to sent him there.

No, I don't believe even for an instant it was Alphamon who did this. Portrayals can be misleading, you know.
Old 2016-02-21, 10:04   Link #3134
trexalfa

Quote:
The 02 getting trashed is karmic enough to me. Whenever I watch that part again I'm always reminded of Daemon's last words as he was laughing maniacally. And it just happens that those four contributed to sent him there.

No, I don't believe even for an instant it was Alphamon who did this. Portrayals can be misleading, you know.
Then, what's everyone's opinions on this?

It's a shame Meikuumon was created for this series alone, because we could find something about what this is all heading towards by taking a peak at his evolution line. Which, unfortunately, doesn't exist. Meikuumon's profile on Wikimon just says he is Mochizuki Meiko's partner, nothing more.
trexalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 10:23   Link #3135
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by trexalfa View Post

It's a shame Meikuumon was created for this series alone, because we could find something about what this is all heading towards by taking a peak at his evolution line. Which, unfortunately, doesn't exist. Meikuumon's profile on Wikimon just says he is Mochizuki Meiko's partner, nothing more.
Meiko and meikuumon name is so similar !
Its as if its was created from Meiko imagination.
Old 2016-02-21, 10:58   Link #3136
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by trexalfa View Post

They add him as dlc for last digimon game.
So, you probably can find his evolution line from there.
Old 2016-02-21, 11:01   Link #3137
Knighto

Of course we don't know Meikuumon's evolution line, what would be the point when this is supposed to be one of the important things in Digimon Adventure Tri.
Old 2016-02-21, 11:22   Link #3138
trexalfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
They add him as dlc for last digimon game.
So, you probably can find his evolution line from there.
Next Order still hasn't been released. Given when it will be released, we will already know more about Meikuumon.

But yeah, his evolution line may hold the answer to the virus stuff.
trexalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-23, 03:33   Link #3139
Knighto

If we are about unanswered plot lines, the first movie already has got a few that are quite important.

- The intro featuring an existencial monologue. What's the meaning of it? Who or what is involved in and how are things going to develop from there?

- The beatdown dealt to the 02 digistined. What were they doing there while the other 8 were chilling outside? Was it Alphamon who did that, or was it someone else? And how come their respective digimon partners weren't with them? Or at least this is the initial impression it gives off when you see them first.

- And perhaps most important, is there some connection between this and past events? You know, like a certain Dark Sea.

For the very first movie out of 6 to already hint at so many future plot lines just gets to show to what lenghts the producers went with this project and how long they had been planning out the script. This amount of foreshadowing is unprecedented, even Tamers first 20 episodes cannot compare.

I guess the next movie and the one after will shed light on some of these misteries but in retrospect are also going to enter new ones and further expand the story.
Old 2016-02-27, 05:59   Link #3140
Gundamx

It's funny how you don't notice some hints in first time you watch the movie even though they are clear as day.....

Some one just cut red looking part and post it online.
...And I was thinking where did I saw that scene?

Tags
digimon