AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2014-02-10, 20:10   Link #11081
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
If they can manage to get to Venezuala they can probably get fuel. There is probably a port of call in Africa as well that will happily take their money.

I wonder if they will deploy some ships to the Fouth Fleet to deal with them in Southern waters, or just let them come (if they are indeed coming) and just have the Atlantic Fleet meet them before they get to US territorial waters.
Getting flustered or panicky over this would run counter to their constant message of freedom of navigation. This is also the message they used before against Iran and Libya when they sailed the navy right up to the maritime boarders.

Most likely they will assign a submarine or sea patrol plane to shadow those ships, nothing more...
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 20:57   Link #11082
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Most likely they will assign a submarine or sea patrol plane to shadow those ships, nothing more...
That would probably be the smart and safe, almost passive way to handle the situation.
But wouldn't there be a way for the US to use this as a opportunity to get closer with Teheran ?
Old 2014-02-10, 23:24   Link #11083
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
That would probably be the smart and safe, almost passive way to handle the situation.
But wouldn't there be a way for the US to use this as a opportunity to get closer with Teheran ?
Since '09, I think there are the people's faction, who favour greater ties with US, and the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Crony faction, who are anti-USA.

It is political instability that the Reps are waiting for.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 22:44   Link #11084
AnimeFan188

Maryland bill would cut water, electricity to NSA headquarters:

"A group of legislators in Maryland has introduced legislation that would deny
state support to federal agencies engaged in warrantless electronic surveillance
in a move aimed at curtailing the National Security Agency's power to monitor and
track citizens.

Eight Republicans in the Maryland House of Delegates last week introduced the
"Fourth Amendment Protection Act," which would deny the NSA "material support,
participation or assistance in any form” from the state, its political subdivisions or
companies with state contracts, US News reported.

The bill would deprive NSA's headquarters in Ft. Meade, Md., water and electricity
carried over public utilities, prohibit the use of evidence gathered by the agency
in state courts and prevent state universities from partnering with the NSA on
research, according to the report."

See:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...-headquarters/
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 22:24   Link #11085
AnimeFan188

Al Qaeda-Linked Group Reportedly Is Printing Currency Featuring Osama Bin
Laden:

"An Al Qaeda-linked group is issuing paper bills in western Iraq featuring images of
Osama bin Laden and the World Trade Center towers that were destroyed in the
September 11 attacks, according to local media reports

A tribal leader in western Iraq’s Anbar Province showed the media a photo of one of
the bills issued by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) printed in the
amount of “one Islamic hundred pounds.”"

See:

http://www.businessinsider.com/sharo...urrency-2014-2
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 09:48   Link #11086
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I laughed myself silly on this one.

Lolicon JS Bagger Bagged: “He Had 2000 Loli Doujinshi”
TL Courtesy of Sankaku (NSFW)

Quote:
A man who handcuffed a 10-year-old girl and put her in his bag with the intention of taking her home has been arrested after police singled him out from 6,000 other buyers of the same handcuffs – and as if his crime were not already heinous enough, they also recovered “6,000 volumes” of loli doujinshi from his home.

The 29-year-old man, an civil servant employed by Adachi city in Tokyo, was arrested on the 17th in connection with a crime which took place in July of 2013.

That crime saw a man trespass on the grounds of an Edogawa city apartment and accost a a 10-year-old girl on her way home, handcuffing her hands and feet and threatening her to “Shut up, if you go along with me I’ll return you soon” with the aid of a fruit knife.

Telling her “Get in the bag!” he forced her into a large bag and attempted to take her home, but her screams and resistance caused him to lose his nerve and flee the scene.

The girl was unharmed save for some grazes from her restraints, which police recovered along with her.

In what must be a cautionary note for BDSM aficionados, the breakthrough in the case came when police tracked the model of handcuffs recovered with the girl, gathered the names of 6,000 purchasers from online dealers, and then narrowed this down to 560 who had bought multiple sets.

It is not clear how police got the DNA of all these handcuff purchasers, but get it they did, which tied their suspect to the crime scene and resulted in a search of his home.

Police extracted their customary confession from the man, with him admitting “I put her in the bag with the intent of taking her home and performing indecent acts on her” and that there is “no doubt” he is the culprit.

The city authorities have apologised for unknowingly employing someone who committed so gave an offence.
It seriously NEVER ceases to amaze me how these people can come up with such methodologies to take home a loli, albeit criminal.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 16:08   Link #11087
GDB

Why do they assume the police used DNA rather than the infinitely more logical fingerprints that were likely everywhere on the cuffs and bag?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 11:59   Link #11088
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

We are hurtling into another end-of-the-world scenario this weekend;

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/we...t-9138092.html

Can we invite our resident Viking to comment on this?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 12:13   Link #11089
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
We are hurtling into another end-of-the-world scenario this weekend;

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/we...t-9138092.html
And thus the most manly barfight worthy of countless epics and drunken boasts in history commences
Old 2014-02-19, 12:51   Link #11090
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Fox News: alleged serial killer has "an affinity" for "death-laden" Dark Souls

http://video.foxnews.com/v/322539529...ing-confession

...Prepare to die?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 22:44   Link #11091
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Well, if she really did kill that many people that's crazy. But she sounds kinda like she's of her rocker. kinda hard to believe she'd have to be killing someone every three months for six years. Hell if it was a hundred people like they claim it may, that's one every three weeks. You think someone would have noticed.

Also, Cults and blaming Dark Souls... stay classy Fox, stay classy. Never understood why news groups do big presentations on killers. Yes, lets make them a, heh,' cult' figure by giving them all this publicity.

From that neogaf thread, made me giggle..

Quote:
Quote:
I wonder if this will boost sales for Dark Souls
I don't know, I'm still pissed that Mass Effect wasn't the alien sex simulator they promised me it would be.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2014-02-19 at 23:06.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 23:05   Link #11092
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Woman who faked cancer sentenced to 1-year term
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/woman...ed-1-year-jail

Cleaning woman in Italy throws out artworks
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...02-19-15-47-30
Old 2014-02-20, 05:33   Link #11093
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Local silly news (well potentally silly)

California partitioned into six states?

http://www.newser.com/story/182602/s...gn=rss_topnews

Quote:
Californians may soon get a chance to vote on splitting their state into six smaller ones, reports the San Francisco Chronicle. Venture capitalist Tim Draper has gotten formal approval to start collecting petitions for his "Six Californias" idea. If he can get about 807,000 names by July 18, the idea would go before voters. Of course, even it passes, it would still have to get through Congress, making this seemingly closer to a thought experiment than a potential reality. "I can't imagine this would ever go anywhere," says a government expert at Dartmouth.

But California, "as it is, is ungovernable,” Draper tells ABC News. “It is more and more difficult for Sacramento to keep up with the social issues from the various regions of California." Under his plan, the United States would add:
I'm not sure what such a thing would do to Congress if passed, but it would add ten more Senators and break up the state that currently has over 10% of the nation's population and yet is so solidly Democrat that if you vote anything other than that your vote probably won't amount to much on the national scale. So much so that the Presidental candidates don't come here much after the parties have picked who they have running that year. There isn't a need too as the state is spoken for unless something drastic happens to tilt the balance back to center in California. Third Parties might have a chance if it wasn't to lopsided.

"Jefferson" would be a Republican state.
"Central California" might be a Republican state.
"Silicon Valley" and "West California" would be Democratic states (San Francisco and Los Angeles have massive pull)
"North California" and "South California" might be swing states.

Large image of the proposed split by county lines.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Ithekro; 2014-02-20 at 07:03.
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 07:04   Link #11094
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:

I'm not sure what such a thing would do to Congress if passed, but it would add ten more Senators and break up the state that currently has over 10% of the nation's population and yet is so solidly Democrat that if you vote anything other than that your vote probably won't amount to much on the national scale. So much so that the Presidental candidates don't come here much after the parties have picked who they have running that year. There isn't a need too as the state is spoken for unless something drastic happens to tilt the balance back to center in California. Third Parties might have a chance if it wasn't to lopsided.

"Central California" might be a Republican state.
"Silicon Valley" and "West California" would be Democratic states (San Francisco and Los Angeles have massive pull)
"North California" and "South California" might be swing states.

Images
So that means ppl will need to buy a new updated flag too?
Old 2014-02-20, 07:20   Link #11095
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
So that means ppl will need to buy a new updated flag too?
I'm not sure they'd necessarily have to buy a flag(they could probably just stick with the one(s) they have now) but either way I'm more interested in who would govern over these new states. When exactly would elections be held?
Old 2014-02-20, 08:03   Link #11096
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The new states would eventually get state flags and all that. The US flag would be 55 stars until Puerto Rico becomes a state to make it 56 stars.
Old 2014-02-20, 08:33   Link #11097
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

As a Californian, I'm not sure how I feel about being split up into so many different so-called states. "United, we stand" and all that.

One thing for sure, if it happens, I really hope that the flag of Los Angeles doesn't become the state flag of West California because it's damn ugly.

Images

Endless "Garish" Soul
Old 2014-02-20, 10:33   Link #11098
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post

Cleaning woman in Italy throws out artworks
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...02-19-15-47-30
the trash is exactly where comptemporary art belongs.

Quote:

"Central California" WILL be a Republican state.
"North California" and "South California" WILL BE RED states.

Images
don't delude yourself this is just a attempt by republicans to gerrymander california for more red senators.

the guy backing this work for Bush.
Old 2014-02-20, 14:08   Link #11099
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

And right after Yahtzee (of Zero Punctuation) posted his review of the same game. It's as if they took it as a cue to use it as one of their many 'violent videogames create murderers' articles.

IMO, anyone who blames any form of media for his/her own psychopathic behavior (whether it's videogames, TV shows, movies, even anime), was already messed up in the head long before said medium truly started effecting his/her brain.
Old 2014-02-20, 16:07   Link #11100
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the trash is exactly where comptemporary art belongs.

don't delude yourself this is just a attempt by republicans to gerrymander california for more red senators.

the guy backing this work for Bush.
Central Califoria would be Republican leaning for sure, just depends on the population centers of Stockon and Fresno which lean Democrat.

South California will probably be Republican leaning, but that area has started to shift to the Democratic party in recent years. Might be enough to make the outcome in doubt and be a swing state.

North California might be a Democratic state given the larger populations in Sacramento west towards San Rafael is pretty solidly Democrat verses the relatively lightly populated eastern mountains heading towards Tahoe. Could be a swing state depending on how the voting is done.

Net gain in the Senate? We get to remove Feinstein and Boxer at least for a moment. (Feinstein would probably win in Silicon Valley if she ran so "damn it". Boxer would probably be a senator for North California.)

So the Democratic Party would gain three more seats for sure via the one seat in Sillicon Vally and the two from West California. Possibly a fouth from North California and possibly a fifth is South California starts to swing.

The Republican Party would gain five for Jefferson, Central California and one from South California. They possibly could gain a sixth depending on the swing in South California, and maybe a seventh depending on how the voting goes in North California.

So at maximum, the Repubican Party gains a seven seats to the Democrats three (the two current Califoria seats are Democrat and counted as existing even if they are switched around). But depending on the swing, they could gain the same number of seats without losing the two existing Democratic seats from California meaning there is no net gain by either side in terms of balance of power. Just instead of 100 Senators we have 110 Senators.

Tags
humor