Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-12-02, 21:51   Link #7701
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Did Knowshon put in some eye-drops or something before this shot? Becuase are some thick ass tears.

I am convinced that man was just that moved by the National Anthem! I wish half of my countrymen shared that much passion.

But those were major heavy... I have only cried 1/3 that hard during the National Anthem!
Old 2013-12-02, 21:59   Link #7702
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
It all depends on how much they want it, if not Cleveland then there is the Vikings and Raiders. Currently right now the Jaguars are second pick overall in the draft. Updated Draft order

There is huge debate on what the Houston Texans might do. At first I though it was Quarterback, though looking at it closely. They just signed Matt Schaub into a big contract and are experimenting highly with Case Keenum. They cannot just outright cut a prospect they are currently developing that is looking good in Keenum nor they can't just simply cut Schaub who will result in $21,250,000 in dead money. There are highly deep analysis that the Texans may just trade back, getting Clowney would sound good but you got J.J Watt and you cannot go for Barr either because they have a Line Backer corps that is already heavy in depth.
Yeah I mean by the end of the season we could end up with 5 or 6 wins possibly though.

And yeah I don't think the Texans will take a QB. I don't think they'll pass on Clowney just because they have Watt though, they'll just put them both on the line and have the best D-Line in the NFL.

That said, I don't think Keenum is a really good QB anyway and as far as I'm concerned the Texans will always find some way to shoot themselves in the foot looking at their history.

Conversely I really like what I'm seeing from the Jags. The way Gus has these guys playing and motivated even at 0-8 is really amazing and says a lot about what this team might be able to do with talent. You see all the other teams that have a record similar to us are pretty much just giving up while we're still fighting. It really does remind me of what they have going in Seattle. If we could just get our QB this year and stack up talent on the defense in the next two years we could really be something special.
Old 2013-12-02, 22:12   Link #7703
sky black swordman

Quote:
It all depends on how much they want it, if not Cleveland then there is the Vikings and Raiders. Currently right now the Jaguars are second pick overall in the draft. Updated Draft order

There is huge debate on what the Houston Texans might do. At first I though it was Quarterback, though looking at it closely. They just signed Matt Schaub into a big contract and are experimenting highly with Case Keenum. They cannot just outright cut a prospect they are currently developing that is looking good in Keenum nor they can't just simply cut Schaub who will result in $21,250,000 in dead money. There are highly deep analysis that the Texans may just trade back, getting Clowney would sound good but you got J.J Watt and you cannot go for Barr either because they have a Line Backer corps that is already heavy in depth.
The Raiders are unlikely to move up in the draft via a trade with the Jaguars. The Raiders GM is not a big fan of trading up in the draft to get a player certain he may want. For example, in the 2013 draft the Raiders GM drafted QB Tyler Wilson in the 4th round. Later various reports from multiple sources surfaced that he wanted to draft QB Matt Barkley from USC in the 4th round but Eagles traded up and draft Barkley. And so, he settled for Wilson.
Old 2013-12-02, 22:17   Link #7704
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

And great GMing like that is why the Raiders have had 1 winning season in the past decade
Old 2013-12-02, 22:26   Link #7705
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Yeah I mean by the end of the season we could end up with 5 or 6 wins possibly though.

And yeah I don't think the Texans will take a QB. I don't think they'll pass on Clowney just because they have Watt though, they'll just put them both on the line and have the best D-Line in the NFL.

That said, I don't think Keenum is a really good QB anyway and as far as I'm concerned the Texans will always find some way to shoot themselves in the foot looking at their history.

Conversely I really like what I'm seeing from the Jags. The way Gus has these guys playing and motivated even at 0-8 is really amazing and says a lot about what this team might be able to do with talent. You see all the other teams that have a record similar to us are pretty much just giving up while we're still fighting. It really does remind me of what they have going in Seattle. If we could just get our QB this year and stack up talent on the defense in the next two years we could really be something special.
If the Texans does select Clowney then it would not be a bad pick, but they already have decent pass rushers anyhow. I don't see much benefits of drafting another defensive end for the Texans because it is not their biggest need. Rather, just like the Jaguars, they are much in need of an offensive line. Also in need of wide receivers as well, Andre Johnson is getting there in age. Defensive line is also a must for them so defensive tackles are another need. They are 20th in the league in rushing defense. So I can see the Texans possibility trading back to either get Jake Matthews OT, Sammy Watkins WR, or Louis Nix DT.

I am more concern what the Jaguars are going to do than the Texans since we got a lot more picks and more needs as well.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 22:41   Link #7706
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Dang, my Saints are stinking it up tonight! This is painful to watch.

Is Seattle putting on a clinic or the Saints just donking it up that bad?!?!
Old 2013-12-02, 22:45   Link #7707
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post

I think it is a little of both. The Saints started out the worse way possible against a team like the Seahawks in that they gave up a costly turnover at the start of the game.

Strangely the Saints are having a rough time passing the ball and rushing it, they only got 6 first downs which is extremely unusual for them.
Old 2013-12-02, 23:10   Link #7708
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
And great GMing like that is why the Raiders have had 1 winning season in the past decade
The current GM didn't have much of a choice. He couldn't trade up because we need every draft pick that we could get (which is why we traded down a few times). Last year we were in cap hell (due to bad contracts to players that greatly underperformed) and didn't have a second and fifth round picks (due to the previous HC's blunders). Next year will be much different because we will have a full set draft picks and will be 68-70 million dollars under the salary cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post

That's for sure.
34 -7!! I was expecting a shootout between Brees and Wilson! Not this one-sided game.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-12-02 at 23:21.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 23:31   Link #7709
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I am wondering, does anyone have the list of who is going to be a free agent this off season? Its nearing the end of the season.
Old 2013-12-02, 23:40   Link #7710
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Look, going to take my medicine...we got our asses whipped straight up-and-down.

My only hopes is that we can somehow learn from the experience of playing this game and come up with a game plan that allows us to run the clock and keep the possessions low(if we somehow play them again)...

I knew Russell Wilson was the truth, but damn he might be the future if the NFL... He is soooo much better than the other young QBs, because he has the athletic instincts combined with sound mechanics...it's scary what he might be 2-3 years from now

It's all about next week now, we back in the climate control and we've won 12 straight night games at home, soooooooo

GEAUXing to get a drink now...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2013-12-02 at 23:58.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 00:16   Link #7711
Samari
World's Greatest

The Saints got their asses kicked. Worse than we did up there. Totally different team outdoors. Especially late in the year.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 00:20   Link #7712
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post

I knew Russell Wilson was the truth, but damn he might be the future if the NFL... He is soooo much better than the other young QBs, because he has the athletic instincts combined with sound mechanics...it's scary what he might be 2-3 years from now..
So to revisit my own observation from few weeks ago, do you still think he may not reach Drew Brees' level?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 00:24   Link #7713
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

@Samari- Well yall got housed by a divisional opponent...atleast yall used to it we play there once every 4-5 years...We won several road games in below average weather, but sub 30s, with wind and or rain...we not built for that...not many dome teams are, it's natural...that's why you gotta get home field, which we won't get now...

BTW we did beat them on Sunday night football in 08 in a bad weather game

2009 team woulda gave them a run though because we had superior OLINE and great running game

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
So to revisit my own observation from few weeks ago, do you still think he may not reach Drew Brees' level?
Historic numbers, no...Where they play in the cold and rain they are alawYs gonna skew toward a power attack, but as far as clutch, take your heart level plays, yes...
Old 2013-12-03, 00:53   Link #7714
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
@Samari- Well yall got housed by a divisional opponent...atleast yall used to it we play there once every 4-5 years...We won several road games in below average weather, but sub 30s, with wind and or rain...we not built for that...not many dome teams are, it's natural...that's why you gotta get home field, which we won't get now...

BTW we did beat them on Sunday night football in 08 in a bad weather game

2009 team woulda gave them a run though because we had superior OLINE and great running game

Historic numbers, no...Where they play in the cold and rain they are alawYs gonna skew toward a power attack, but as far as clutch, take your heart level plays, yes...
Used to it? You know we play each other twice a year right? And Carrol has never won in SF right? We usually split the series. So it goes both ways. They haven't swept us since 2007.

And yeah, I'm talking about late in the year winning on the road. Especially in the playoffs against non-dome teams. The Saints have sucked doing that. The loss at Chicago in 2006, the loss in Seattle, and the loss against San Francisco. You better pray you don't have to go outside to get to the Super Bowl. I wouldn't like your chances given your history. And you didn't play the Seahawks in 2008.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 14:51   Link #7715
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I am wondering about the logic of the NFL. The NFL, occasionally, admits that their officials made a mistake in the Redskins and Giants game, yet they are not being punished for it. Yet, the NFL fired Reliant Stadium Security Guards due to taking a picture with Tom Brady. Security Guards getting a no harm picture and gets fired, then referees that made a huge mistake on national television gets away with no major repercussions.

Is logic gone from the NFL?
Old 2013-12-03, 18:27   Link #7716
GDB

Quote:
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yes it is.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 18:31   Link #7717
sky black swordman

^ What he said.

So, Oregon QB Marcus Mariota will return for 2014 season and willnot enter the 2014 NFL Draft.
Old 2013-12-03, 18:50   Link #7718
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ What he said.

So, Oregon QB Marcus Mariota will return for 2014 season and willnot enter the 2014 NFL Draft.
Yeah, just heard the news as well. Well, that is over, I thought that since Mariota was entering that the Jaguars could bait in either Cleveland or the Vikings to bite and give up their first round and other picks for him. There we can still draft our franchise Quarterback and hustle a team for an additional pick so we can strengthen our team more with this heavy draft.

This is going to move a lot of players up, Derek Carr especially now that he is the second overall Quarterback.
Old 2013-12-03, 19:57   Link #7719
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
I am wondering about the logic of the NFL. The NFL, occasionally, admits that their officials made a mistake in the Redskins and Giants game, yet they are not being punished for it. Yet, the NFL fired Reliant Stadium Security Guards due to taking a picture with Tom Brady. Security Guards getting a no harm picture and gets fired, then referees that made a huge mistake on national television gets away with no major repercussions.

The NFL didn't fire anybody, it was their company, which has a policy against player interaction, that fired them.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 20:29   Link #7720
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
The NFL didn't fire anybody, it was their company, which has a policy against player interaction, that fired them.
Regardless, I find that awfully sad, a little angry, and unbelievable that they would do that.

Tags
american football, sports