AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-07, 09:57   Link #101
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Thanks for the summary.

The first thing that came to my mind after reading it was ''so this is the new Megaman Star Force anime?''

But really now, the entire thing sounds completely, for lack of a better word right now, insane. I'm not sure what to think of this, it sounds like it could be just mindless fun if done right or a colorful mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Ginga Bishounen
Honestly, I couldn't tell.
Old 2010-08-07, 10:06   Link #102
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Yoji Enokido is insane, so we should have expected this.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 10:08   Link #103
7Th
Mixtape

Yoji Enokido will break Bones' streak of mediocre TV anime.

BELIEVE
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 10:23   Link #104
_gallo_

Well... looks totally crazy. The whole thing it's like Utena with giant mechas.

There's even a dominatrix girl.

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 13:51   Link #105
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Why in gods name do we have to have men showing their belly button!!! Shits just retarded.

So I guess they're going over the top mecha with this one. The character designs are okayish. Not the biggest fan. I'll wait and see if it's any good.

Lol @the synopsis.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 13:52   Link #106
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
Why in gods name do we have to have men showing their belly button!!! Shits just retarded.
Problem?
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 23:56   Link #107
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Super robot anime confirmed.....

Spoiler for characters:

Spoiler for mecha:
oh wow, so many pelvic thrust with the mecha designs
& one of them has a ring attached in the crotch area?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 09:59   Link #108
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by _gallo_ View Post
Well... looks totally crazy. The whole thing it's like Utena with giant mechas.
You have no idea how badly I want this to be true.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 10:33   Link #109
Zip

I haven't seen mecha designs this odd since Gurren-Lagann. Will definitely be watching.
Zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 16:05   Link #110
Jarmel

Words fail me.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 17:09   Link #111
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Official site is up and running!

http://www.star-driver.net/
Old 2010-08-10, 17:26   Link #112
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Official site is up and running!

http://www.star-driver.net/
So, huh... any explanation to what the Adult Bank, Bougainvilliae and Fillament things in the character and mechanic pages mean?
Old 2010-08-10, 17:37   Link #113
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
So, huh... any explanation to what the Adult Bank, Bougainvilliae and Fillament things in the character and mechanic pages mean?
They're different divisions of the Kirahoshi Juujidan. President is the head of Adult Bank, and Scarlet Kiss is the head of Filament. Ivrogne is a representative of Bougainvillea so maybe the head of that division hasn't been revealed yet.

Also, Sugata and Wako are engaged (arranged marriage). They're both natives to the island and grew up there together. Wako is a shrine maiden who protects the seals guarding the Cybuddies on the island. Sugata is the heir to the famous Shindou clan on the island, and he is in line to possess "the king's Cybuddy."

Maaya's character isn't just the president of the drama club, she's a transfer student who originally came from Tokyo and apparently she knows exactly what's up with the Kirahoshi Juujidan and "Zero Hour." It seems likely that the drama club is actually a cover for the team that fights the bad guys, and she's the one organizing the team.
Old 2010-08-10, 17:45   Link #114
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
They're different divisions of the Kirahoshi Juujidan. President is the head of Adult Bank, and Scarlet Kiss is the head of Filament. Ivrogne is a representative of Bougainvillea so maybe the head of that division hasn't been revealed yet.
So that means that a fourth division of the Kirahoushi Juujidan that is yet to be revealed, huh.

Quote:
Also, Sugata and Wako are engaged (arranged marriage). They're both natives to the island and grew up there together. Wako is a shrine maiden who protects the seals guarding the Cybuddies on the island. Sugata is the heir to the famous Shindou clan on the island, and he is in line to possess "the king's Cybuddy."
[captainobvious]Calling it right now, Shindou and Takuto will end up fighting before the end of the show.[/captainobvious]

Quote:
It seems likely that the drama club is actually a cover for the team that fights the bad guys, and she's the one organizing the team.
Most probably, since Takuto, Shindou, Wako and Sarina all have the same star where the other characters have the Kirahoushi Juujidan emblems.
Old 2010-08-10, 17:53   Link #115
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
So that means that a fourth division of the Kirahoushi Juujidan that is yet to be revealed, huh.
No.

Bougainvilleae = 3rd Division
Adult Bank = 4th Division
Filament = 5th Division

We don't know the head of the 3rd Division, nor do we know anything about the first and second divisions. Since the bull mech from Filament is the first enemy Takuto faces, I'll say that the current designs probably only represent the first arc of the series. Maybe up to episode 6 or so.
Old 2010-08-10, 17:56   Link #116
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
No.

Bougainvilleae = 3rd Division
Adult Bank = 4th Division
Filament = 5th Division

We don't know the head of the 3rd Division, nor do we know anything about the first and second divisions. Since the bull mech from Filament is the first enemy Takuto faces, I'll say that the current designs probably only represent the first arc of the series. Maybe up to episode 6 or so.

I was joking due to the Hearts, Clubs and Squares themes for the villain costume designs.
Old 2010-08-10, 18:00   Link #117
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
I was joking due to the Hearts, Cubs and Squares themes for the villain costume designs.
5th = Club
4th = Diamond
3rd = Heart
2nd = Spade
1st = Joker

I think that's likely. :P
Old 2010-08-10, 21:50   Link #118
Rah-Rah
I Am A Justaway

Send a message via MSN to Rah-Rah
Think we could get a translation of the story summary on the site, duckroll? It's cool we are finally getting some images and whatnot, but the details of the plot still seem a bit hazy outside of who the characters are and what orginizations they belong to.

Rah-Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 23:30   Link #119
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Sure.

To the south of Japan, there lies a lush green island called Southern Cross Isle. One night, a boy by the name of Takuto Tsunashi washes up on the shore of the island alone. Having swum from the mainland alone and without any possessions, this boy enrolls in the senior high level in the school on the island - Southern Cross High School.

With his bright and positive personality, he starts to mix with various students in the school and builds relationships with many of them, including Wako Agemaki and Sugata Shindou. But this school hides a deep secret. There are sleeping giants hidden under the ground called "Cybuddies".

There are about 20 of these giants, and they are just some of the various secrets kept by everyone on the island: The secret movements of the mysterious organization known as "Kirahoshi Juujidan". The songs of the shrine maidens. And even Takuto himself will soon come to embrace a great secret...

This island in the southern territories surrounded by the blue sea and the blue skies is the stage where the "Eulogy of Youth" filled with love, dreams and friendships, will begin.
Old 2010-08-11, 03:28   Link #120
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

That is one seriously wacky summary, and matches well with the character and mech designs. I'm so bumped for this show.

Thanks for the translation duckroll.

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen