AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2012-03-06, 18:12   Link #81
word sux

I was wondering if there could be a 3rd season speculation thread

there have been allot of rumors that spice and wolf 3 will be comming out this november in japan some that even claim to confirm it
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 19:08   Link #82
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by word sux View Post
I was wondering if there could be a 3rd season speculation thread

there have been allot of rumors that spice and wolf 3 will be comming out this november in japan some that even claim to confirm it
I have heard no such confirmation... as much as I wish it were true!
Old 2012-03-06, 19:41   Link #83
word sux

according to a person on the funimation forum claiming to be cousins with the english voice actor for horo (brina palencia), they have already booked her time to voice horo in the english dub. Also that the time slots for a november to early jan airing have been booked in japan.

now could this all be a big fat lie, maybe. but I sure hope it isn't!
Old 2012-03-06, 20:37   Link #84
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Please don't think me rude, but this discussion might be better suited for the general discussion thread.

However, I doubt such is true because why would Brina tell her cousin and it not be on some major forum or news site. And besides, I would expect to have heard something from www.spicy-wolf.com before I heard an spoiler from any other source... especially an American source rather than a Japanese source.
Old 2012-03-06, 22:27   Link #85
word sux

O, I don't think it rude. I am pretty skeptical of it but hey, we can always hope, right?
Old 2012-03-09, 08:46   Link #86
liars_paradox

Can we start up a thread about Holo's hair color from the original novel series?

I'm starting the novel series at volume 4 (figured that I'd skip the volumes that correspond to season1 of the anime). And, found that on page 4 of Volume 4, Hasekura describes Holo as having blonde hair.

That explains the model on the novel covers having blonde hair. Can we start a new thread discussing this topic? I don't think that it's an unreasonable one, because I just want to hear people's opinions on why they think that they ended up changing her hair color on the anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by word sux View Post
according to a person on the funimation forum claiming to be cousins with the english voice actor for horo (brina palencia), they have already booked her time to voice horo in the english dub. Also that the time slots for a november to early jan airing have been booked in japan.

now could this all be a big fat lie, maybe. but I sure hope it isn't!
Oh and by the way, Brad Pitt is my cousin. Yeah, and Justin Timberlake is my dad. He had me at a really young age, but he won't acknowledge that I'm his son.
You know it's true, because I'm some random guy from the internet.

And, just to be clear on the blonde-haired thing vs. brown, the novels' illustrations by Jyuu Ayakura don't match up with the writing of Isuna Hasekura. Even though the pictures in the novels show Holo as having brown hair, Hasekura does write her as a young woman with blonde hair and red eyes.

To prove this, I'm going to provide a quote from page four of Volume 4, "The girl with her dark red eyes and flaxen hair was named Holo" (Hasekura, 4).

For those who don't know, flaxen hair is another term for blonde hair. It seems that writers normally use that word to describe blonde-haired women, particularly if they're young and beautiful.

Source:
Hasekura, Isuna. Spice & Wolf. 4. New York: Yen Press, 2011. 4. Print.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-03-09 at 13:32. Reason: don't triple-post
liars_paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 13:40   Link #87
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Regarding that third season rumour, it is certainly a lie. English voice actors would not be booked for a show that has not yet been confirmed for production in Japan. So no thread for that.

Regarding Holo's hair colour, feel free to discuss it in the Holo character discussion thread, but I will say that Page 3 of Novel 3 describes her hair as "chestnut brown", as it is described many other places in the novels. Chestnut brown is somewhere between brown, red, and blonde, so it's possible that her hair colour shifts somewhat with with seasons (based on the sun, how dry it is, etc.) Anyway, I don't think we need a whole new thread to discuss that either.
Old 2012-03-11, 19:03   Link #88
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

A person's hair can change a bit depending on sunlight exposure (it "tans"). Japanese black hair often turns reddish. A blonde's hair can vary quite a bit.

The same hair might be described as "chestnut brown, flaxen, blonde, wheat, etc" by different people depending on their color skills

Bleh, I suppose this is off-topic. I'll move it if the same questions appear in the Holo character thread.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-03-13 at 20:17.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 09:56   Link #89
liars_paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Regarding that third season rumour, it is certainly a lie. English voice actors would not be booked for a show that has not yet been confirmed for production in Japan. So no thread for that.

Regarding Holo's hair colour, feel free to discuss it in the Holo character discussion thread, but I will say that Page 3 of Novel 3 describes her hair as "chestnut brown", as it is described many other places in the novels. Chestnut brown is somewhere between brown, red, and blonde, so it's possible that her hair colour shifts somewhat with with seasons (based on the sun, how dry it is, etc.) Anyway, I don't think we need a whole new thread to discuss that either.
Really, it does say that? Maybe I should've started reading from volume three, then?

So, you think that her hair color could be changing with the season? But, the color of flax is a pale yellow, which would imply that she's a light-blonde and not a dirty blonde.

I don't see how you can go from "chestnut brown" to light blonde with the season like that. Also, all the novel covers show a blonde haired woman, I figured that they might be more true to Hasekura's original Holo than what's illustrated by Ayakura and what's in the manga and anime series.
liars_paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 14:02   Link #90
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by liars_paradox View Post
I don't see how you can go from "chestnut brown" to light blonde with the season like that. Also, all the novel covers show a blonde haired woman, I figured that they might be more true to Hasekura's original Holo than what's illustrated by Ayakura and what's in the manga and anime series.
I think you're reading too much into it. If you really want to discuss it further, please feel free to use the Holo Character Discussion thread... but I don't think you should consider the "live action" sleeve photo to be canon.

(And yes, if you're trying to read past season 1 of the anime, you should start with Novel 3. Season 2 of the anime covered Books 3 & 5, skipping 4.)