AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 10 21.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 34.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 17.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 15.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.35%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.17%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-16, 10:23   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Total Eclipse - Episode 12 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Total Eclipse, Episode 12.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Information from the Muv-Luv games must not be posted in this thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-23 at 01:08.
Old 2012-09-16, 10:40   Link #2
Destined_Fate

The Nomnoms begin once again! Don't disappoint us BETA, you're the stars of this series!
Old 2012-09-16, 11:22   Link #3
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

NOM for the NOM lords!
BETA, BETA everywhere!

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-09-16, 11:59   Link #4
tsunade666

question: is the episode delayed? because when I look at countdown.mandragon.info

The countdown said Ep12 1d 23:35:45

Is it delayed?
Old 2012-09-16, 12:10   Link #5
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

It just finished airing.

Oh god, that was wonderful. BETA, BETA everywhere.
Lots of Aliens references.
Also, Fort class finally!
NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-09-16, 13:00   Link #6
Raxnom
気疲れ

When I saw the big guy at the end I was all like "Oh, boy".
Old 2012-09-16, 13:04   Link #7
Miraluka
Banned

Beta are back!!!

Oh, poor maintenance guy got nomed :S.
Old 2012-09-16, 13:33   Link #8
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
No offense but I still do not understand where the Soviet High Command is coming from this.

They are literally opening a hole in their defense line and sacrificing battalions and supply bases just for a tiny % chance of recovering a weapon?

I mean the BETA consume everything no? THe fact that the Tank got there quickly means that the gun would've been consumed before the Soviets would even get a chance to analyze it.

Granted it's the Soviet Union but I doubt that they have the same manufacturing and manpower resources they would have in WWII.
Old 2012-09-16, 13:45   Link #9
ookamigirl

Yui's high school days flashback was nice.
The reality of it was way more serious.
Those BETA monsters are just horrible killing machines.
There seems to be no end to them.
Lucky Yui, Yuuya didn't give up on her.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-09-16, 13:52   Link #10
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

A key thread of Alternative is that the nations of the world are fucking each other over for their own gain. Note taht even the US is not immune to this - CIA gets up to some real douchvaggery shit.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-09-16, 14:00   Link #11
iCK

I was hoping for some deredere scenes, but I guess not..... Everything was expected
Old 2012-09-16, 14:09   Link #12
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

the fact that i heard yokohama in thier might have something to do with y the beta are aiming straight for that hanger seeing as they just love yokohama

guessing those are argos flights primary elements

Last edited by black knight iust; 2012-09-16 at 14:21.
Old 2012-09-16, 14:30   Link #13
tsunade666

UN big boss laughing like he won. Soviet Lt smirking like he won -_- human bitching each other in front of extinction.

Good episode for the sole purpose of seeing soldier-kun nom nom that engineer guy or is he even a engineer or just a technician.

Well warrior hime Yui making her last stand just to be save by brute prince Yuuya and even after all that they still quarrel 0_0 still they look lovely together.

BETA swarming ...... that's a good sign but still not enough -_- I'm used to seeing them everywhere that I don't even get to see the ground when they start swarming. And only 1 fort class?

I know I'm bitching on the production on how few they show in BETA but come on! we need more action than dere scenes and military officers shitting each other. At least give a good action and not a 1 trigger pull KO enemy action. They sent fort class but only 1 >_> and still no laser class sighted ..... sigh.........

Well I will watch this for more Yuuya and Yui action

EDIT:

what does Active do? and what's the difference between phase 2 and the mass produce Shiranui? I heard that active word again in the mock battle that they say Yuuya used the one without active and its hard to compete with a unit with an active.
Old 2012-09-16, 14:35   Link #14
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
No offense but I still do not understand where the Soviet High Command is coming from this.

They are literally opening a hole in their defense line and sacrificing battalions and supply bases just for a tiny % chance of recovering a weapon?

I mean the BETA consume everything no? THe fact that the Tank got there quickly means that the gun would've been consumed before the Soviets would even get a chance to analyze it.

Granted it's the Soviet Union but I doubt that they have the same manufacturing and manpower resources they would have in WWII.
Look at it this way. At least the Japanese wouldn't have it so they wouldn't be threatening the Russian's power and sway in the UN anymore. The guys in the rear are politicians not soldiers and they're only looking at the short term to remain in power.
Old 2012-09-16, 14:42   Link #15
tsunade666

^Politicians always see how they will profit on what's happening that's why they are arsepoliticians. Also the higher ranking in the military in Alternative isn't also good guys. You can mostly only trust the one who fight in the front lines but they also might ended up betraying you but most of all each country has their own agenda.

Like Japan wants their own "freedom" or so they say 0_0

I'm also not sure how the heck Yui even brought that railgun beam rifle to the UN force. Maybe I would need to rewatch it because when I played the game. The Japanese are the type of country that is fuck off from my country!!! type of people and also I played the game around the 5th or 6th week of Total eclipse so I get confused on what's happening. Maybe I need to rewatched what's happening specially the first 2 episodes again after I had time to do it.
Old 2012-09-16, 14:42   Link #16
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

But it DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!

You've lost over 90% of your country and now your sacrificing valuable munitions, resources, land, equipment, and manpower just to ensure that another nation who is also in the same boat doesn't have an advantage over you in fighting the enemy?

I mean the gun isn't a black box is it? If you lose one surely the Japanese can build another and then test it elsewhere on another battlefield.

I'm not taking it out on you it just doesn't make any sense. I know humanity is horrible but this is like taking it to the next extreme.

Even in WWII the allies mostly keep to themselves. If one screwed the other, he simply went about his own way of handling it.

On that matter it seems that russian liason is manipulating it so he can take show that his superior screwed up and take over.
Old 2012-09-16, 14:53   Link #17
Destined_Fate

It doesn't make sense "logically" but these guys aren't going with logic. So many have died that it's just a number to them now. They just don't care anymore since if people dying leads to them getting more power and a more comfortable lifestyle for themselves than they're going to abuse the hell out of their position. This isn't exclusive to the Russians, they're just the ones who have been front and center about it in the anime is all.

If the weapon is destroyed than it buys the Russians time and allows their spies to steal information from the Japanese as they try and build another which takes time. So even if the weapon is lost due to the BETA there will always be other chances on gaining that technology for themselves. Remember that most of the Russians on the front lines aren't "real" Russians but just the people the Russians conquered. They will never rise up in the current Russian society and are stuck being pawns to Russian Leaders, Politicians, and Commanders that will use them than cast them out the moment an opportunity that benefits them presents itself.
Old 2012-09-16, 14:58   Link #18
Esg

Not to mention they're basically thinking ahead to when the BETA aren't a problem anymore
Old 2012-09-16, 15:03   Link #19
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

But see these things occur when your on the winning streak.

Take Hannibal of Carthage for example.
-Hannibal requested reinforcements to finish off Rome but the Senate (who were now filled with politicians that hated him) refused and instead stated they would focus on other areas and thus lost their only chance to defeat Rome.

Joan of Arc
-When things started going well, the French ended up betraying her as she was being too successful and allowed her to get captured by the English.

I can accept if a Politician intentionally sabotages things on another person's soil and equipment but not something on their own land and resources as the responsibility would fall on them.
Old 2012-09-16, 15:06   Link #20
Destined_Fate

Think about it though, the ones in power would be more than willing to look over all that for something as big as that Railgun or at least it if was removed so it doesn't threaten their power with the UN.
Closed Thread