AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-16, 18:35   Link #281
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Ah making friends with Karuta and Watanuki. The end was so cute.
Old 2012-02-16, 18:41   Link #282
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

"I'm bad, I won't be friendly!" So scary!!

Am I the only one who finds Karuta and Watanuki more interesting than the lead pair? The both of them are absolutely irresistible, he with his hapless efforts to appear tough and she with her odd but oddly sensible worldview. They're so refreshing as a couple because there's so uncomplicated - they both love each other, period, and neither tries to pretend otherwise.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 18:45   Link #283
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Warning: Do Not Watch This Episode if You Have Heart Disease or Bleeding Disorders because the Moe is over 9000

Spoiler for Episode 6- Don't Think Don't Think:

Episode gets a 10/10 because "the power of cute compels me". This is the best boy-girl romance show this season(and yes, Banri and Karuta are so cute together)
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 18:55   Link #284
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Am I the only one who finds Karuta and Watanuki more interesting than the lead pair?
No, you're not alone on this one. So far that pairing is more endearing than the others. They look cute together especially the way they act around each other. Ah~ They're so pure and innocent. The ending sequence made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 18:55   Link #285
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Aha! That all makes sense now with her personality and eating habits. Wow, her ancestors had some...guts to get married to each other, hehe.
Old 2012-02-16, 19:18   Link #286
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Spoiler for Couple of images:
Old 2012-02-17, 01:08   Link #287
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Absolutely loved Karuta, with her unique personality of being 'in her own world' all the time and doesn't seem to show much expression, but values friendship and good food. Heck, even the ED stresses the importance of food ( to her ).
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 04:44   Link #288
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
They're so refreshing as a couple because there's so uncomplicated - they both love each other, period, and neither tries to pretend otherwise.
Exactly the reason why they're both so cute
Old 2012-02-17, 05:37   Link #289
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This series is quite frankly a bore.

Don't get me wrong, I like some of the cast members, especially Ririchiyo, but there's hardly anything in this story to chew on.

I'm not surprised to find out that the first 18 chapters of the manga are basically the prologue since that's exactly what this feels like. A long drawn out introduction that has spanned now 6 episodes. I'm just not even sure what this story is going for anymore. The supernatural aspects hardly fit at all given that so little background and setting build up has been done about it. It doesn't seem to have a purpose in this story.

The main relations in this story are also pretty boring. Nothing really of substance to chew on.

Sometimes this anime can be pretty funny, but after every episode ends I just keep feeling "that's it?" Not good.

Considering this is only 12 episodes long, this is pretty annoying. We've moved essentially nowhere in this anime. This makes Moretsu Pirates by comparison seem like Code Geass in pacing.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 08:20   Link #290
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Just watched episode 6.

Karuta sure is one cute, adorable, mysterious girl. I want someone like her in my class! But oh my, when she hugged Ririchiyo and told her that she loved after, my cuteless radar exploded in my mind, I was filled with happiness Who knew you could seduce a girl with just some buns and milk

Natsume sorta looked suspicious when he was at the school with his bunny ears and drawing the attention of the female students, if you know what I mean by suspicious

Karuta seems to be a great cook, but we probably should have seen that coming with the amount she eats

At last we get some proper enemies, but we're halfway through the anime. Apart from the snake lady this episode, the only thing that had threatened then was a home intruder at night, every other episode has been used to introduce the characters. Hopefulyl this means the next half of the anime will be packed with action and new enemies. I just wish Watanuki had better powers

Oh, and KarutaXWatanuki!
Old 2012-02-17, 09:20   Link #291
EroKing

DAT ED!!!
Old 2012-02-17, 09:46   Link #292
Bern-san

[Spoiler removed]

Well about episode 6, what can I say Karuta and Watanuki are my favorite couple (it's good to know that some people think like me) and my main reason of raging with Kagerou's chapter was that I thought that they weren't going to animate this chapter. It seems that next week we'll get fillers?
Loved the ending and Watanuki is sooo cute (I hope they make a plushie)

Last edited by Skyfall; 2012-02-17 at 14:25.
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 14:13   Link #293
ookamigirl

Karuta is a bit weird, but I guess she just needs a friend.
Watanuki sure is a hothead, but his heart is in the right place.
It was about time Chiyo realized she likes likes fox boy LOL
Fight part was nice, especially when Karuta showed her real form.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 14:41   Link #294
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
BTW i'm ok with remove of post due to the spoiler, but, if there isn't a topic about manga/other...where we can discuss?
Old 2012-02-17, 15:10   Link #295
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Sephiroth View Post
BTW i'm ok with remove of post due to the spoiler, but, if there isn't a topic about manga/other...where we can discuss?
You're just going to have to make one yourself or wait for one to be made if there isn't one already.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 15:18   Link #296
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You're just going to have to make one yourself or wait for one to be made if there isn't one already.
Oh...yeah true XD
Old 2012-02-17, 15:25   Link #297
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I just did a search(two actually) and there isn't a manga thread so unless someone beats me to it in the next 15 to 30 minutes, there will be a manga thread for this.

EDIT: Manga Thread created!

Last edited by AbZeroNow; 2012-02-17 at 15:54.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 17:17   Link #298
Shadow5YA

Karuta's ED sounds like the new Renai Circulation.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 17:22   Link #299
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Karuta's ED sounds like the new Renai Circulation.
I basically do think that was the model. But I guess it's still pretty enjoyable, although I myself am not particularly fond of Karuta's pairing with Watanuki.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 20:19   Link #300
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Episode six just makes it even clearer that Karuta is love. As does her ending. The more of her the better. Karuta X Ririchiyo, probably not going to happen, but I can dream, maybe.

Tags
romance, shounen