Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-13, 14:27   Link #41
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
I don't which people you're referring to, but I wasn't expecting this show to be full of ecchi or filled with action. It was still underwhelming for a first episode, and this is coming from someone who really enjoys peaceful, healing animes.
The action is one of the main attractions of the game, so I'm pretty sure they add it latter.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 14:43   Link #42
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
I don't which people you're referring to, but I wasn't expecting this show to be full of ecchi or filled with action.
I'm not referring to you so why quote me? The ''some'' people are those who are giving punishing critique, regarding the show, on other forums/blogs and I think it's totally undeserved. In other words, the comment was aimed at those who are giving ''worst anime ever'' kind of response, and it just started...

Quote:
It was still underwhelming for a first episode
Underwhelming, how? It showed the main characters, what they do and what they bring to those around them. A slow build up in another words. It's pretty enough for the first episode.
Old 2012-04-13, 15:05   Link #43
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
I'm not referring to you so why quote me? The ''some'' people are those who are giving punishing critique, regarding the show, on other forums/blogs and I think it's totally undeserved. In other words, the comment was aimed at those who are giving ''worst anime ever'' kind of response, and it just started...
Sometimes people indirectly refer to other posters in a thread without naming them, using vague words like "some people".I wasn't sure whether you were referring to people like me or not, but I wanted to give a defense of my reaction in case you were. No biggie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Underwhelming, how? It showed the main characters, what they do and what they bring to those around them. A slow build up in another words. It's pretty enough for the first episode.
It was still a dull episode. I suppose I thought they spent too much time on how everyone can't get enough of Ricks bread. But like you said, it's a first episode and so the slow build up to get to know everyone is expected. It doesn't mean I won't enjoy the rest of the series. I do like how nice and down to earth everyone is, particularly the girls. None of them have any real cliched personalities.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 16:46   Link #44
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Christ was that boring...Out of all the 1st episodes this season that one stood out as feeling like a massive waste of time to watch.

Still it is based on an RPG so give it a few more episodes to actually do something that doesn't put me to sleep or have me skipping through the episode.

Just as an aside I love SoL, but this wasn't even good as a sol episode...Stuff like Sakamachi and Tsuritama did the whole slower paced first episode far better.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 21:18   Link #45
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This is really cute 3 cute girls who live in a beard shop an catgirl with elf what else can on anime have
Old 2012-04-13, 21:53   Link #46
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

That was rather plesantly pleasant watching.
Looks very nice and so far rather mellow but not exactly boring.
Already alot of foreshadowing for some doom and gloom but I do have my doubts abour how far that will go.
Either way I have no idea where this will go so I am actually excited to see where it does indeed go.

One could simply be in this for someone like Itou Kanae which I see alot of people are and is perfectly acceptable cause I'm in the same boat but I'm now it for the lovely Neris and Rana

And wtf, Hiroshi Kamiya as both Rick and Alvin, I did a double take there
Even had to check ANN to be sure.
Which I noticed Saito Chiwa, Kugimiya Rie, Kuwashima Houko and Horie Yui are also in this!
On top of Itou Kanae and Hirohashi Ryou, it really is a rather great line up for me!
Old 2012-04-13, 22:24   Link #47
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Cute girls...good reason to keep watching! lol
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 23:00   Link #48
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well it wasn't the most amazing episode but I don't because Kanae Itou is in it and that's all that freaking matters.

I don't really get involved in waifu stuff but I'll have to make an exception this time: Amil is claimed. Anyone else who tries to claim her will be killed within 5 seconds!!!!!
Think twice, she is a BL fangirl who tries to ship her own man with another guy.
Serious.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 23:28   Link #49
DorkingtonPugsly

I like relaxing pleasant episodes like this, even though nothing happened. The girls are nice, the main character is a decent guy for a change, and I do hope interesting things happen and what not. I'll just have nice fun watching this series, even if it turns out to be nothing more than this.
Old 2012-04-13, 23:49   Link #50
karuroso

Slow but enjoyable and all the girls are very good looking and I kinda got some Campanella vibes from this ep, plus its based on a rpg so I'm expecting some action later, but even without action I'm fine with this, I need something slow as well and just looking at those girls was enough =~
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 00:27   Link #51
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i m so confused by the title, what does bread had to do with an action rpg based anime?
Hehe, you're not the only one. I just wanted to watch it cause it's got the legendary Tony Taka's name on it and wow the male lead has it good when I saw three beauties on top of him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
.....Bread of Happiness?

Why did I just get this image of a high-fantasy version of Yakitate Japan?!?
That's what I thought at first too.
Old 2012-04-14, 01:00   Link #52
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I was comparing it to Shukufuku no Campanella, so it didn't seem slow to me, lol. Just a good intro to the story, which will evidently get going in earnest next week. Loved hearing Kamiyan doing two roles. Megalomania?

There was one image of a torn-open loaf of bread that I thought was excellently done: I could almost feel the texture. Other images, not so much. I liked the elf design.

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode more and more as it went on. Seems like a good sign.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 01:33   Link #53
00Coyote

This show has several things going for it

Spoiler for Cute Girls:
Spoiler for Doing Cute Things:
Spoiler for In Short Skirts:
Spoiler for With Elves:
Spoiler for Who have Awesome Ears:

I also really, really want some good fresh baked bread now.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 01:34   Link #54
Key Board
Carbon

pretty show

but I can't help that feel it will run out of budget eventually
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 02:31   Link #55
Zieg

That elf is a copy of Elwing from Shining Tears which is always a good thing
other than that though like most people said it was enjoyable but i hope they do a little more with it.
Zieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 02:59   Link #56
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

.......... the last time I played it, I was sure this is a RPG

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 04:52   Link #57
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I thought it was cute.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 05:01   Link #58
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Sometimes people indirectly refer to other posters in a thread without naming them, using vague words like "some people".I wasn't sure whether you were referring to people like me or not, but I wanted to give a defense of my reaction in case you were. No biggie.
True that. I will use words more carefully regarding the selection in the future.

Quote:
It was still a dull episode. I suppose I thought they spent too much time on how everyone can't get enough of Ricks bread. But like you said, it's a first episode and so the slow build up to get to know everyone is expected. It doesn't mean I won't enjoy the rest of the series. I do like how nice and down to earth everyone is, particularly the girls. None of them have any real cliched personalities.
There is nothing wrong with your opinion, if you didn't like it you had solid reason for it. But like I said, I was thinking of those people that already put a final verdic on the show like it already ended. I'm not saying people should like it, I'm just saying to give it a chance. Even I'm not sure if the show will be good, but I would never drop it just because the start was not to my liking.

That aside, I'm really hoping they will change the opening and that it was for the epiosde one only. The one from the game was awesome, and I was really expecting similar to that. None of the side characters appeared in it. Like Xiao-Mei and...
Spoiler for characters that did not appear in the anime yet:
Old 2012-04-14, 05:45   Link #59
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zieg View Post
That elf is a copy of Elwing from Shining Tears which is always a good thing
other than that though like most people said it was enjoyable but i hope they do a little more with it.

She's actually the same person. Her full name is Elywing Rana Sylphis
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 07:18   Link #60
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote