AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2014-05-07, 15:38   Link #5461
Knight Hawk
Lurker

So he removes imagination from the world and Yachiru disappears. So Yachiru wasn't real? But then how did everybody else interact with her? The others obviously still remember who she is. Kens sword, that has her own shikai? The heck. Kubo, EEHHH?!
Old 2014-05-07, 15:47   Link #5462
james0246

I liked Ken-chan's brief moment of horror over the pink-haired girl's disappearance. Nicely done.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 16:17   Link #5463
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I liked Ken-chan's brief moment of horror over the pink-haired girl's disappearance. Nicely done.
"the pink-haired girl" Heathen !! Not knowing Yachiru's name is an unforgivable sin.
Old 2014-05-07, 16:31   Link #5464
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It was nicely done.

And as a fan of her, sad.
Old 2014-05-07, 18:33   Link #5465
Calca
Expressionless

Kubo made sure to point out Kenpachi's internal organs are hurt to even up the fight vs. the women.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 20:19   Link #5466
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
Kubo made sure to point out Kenpachi's internal organs are hurt to even up the fight vs. the women.
Yeah next chapter Zaraki takes off his eyepatch the hoes take off their clothes.

lololol.

Yeah I'm horrible.
Old 2014-05-07, 20:48   Link #5467
Langus
Optimus Prime

I'm intrigued about Yachiru's disappearance. Should be interesting to see what's become of her, especially since she appears to be sans clothing...

Not gonna lie, I heaved a pretty big sigh by the time I reached the end of this chapter. More fan service. More cannon fodder. I like well-endowed female characters as well as the next guy, but what I want right now is some damn resolution, not more fillers to not care about.
Old 2014-05-07, 20:55   Link #5468
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I think I'll give this one more chapter.

I mean, shouldn't Ichigo be there by now? I get that Kubo wanted a chance for Rukia, Renji and Kenny to shine and we've got Byakuya's powerup yet but this is ridiculous. Yachiru got a chance to do something awesome and now she's missing/possibily dead
Old 2014-05-07, 23:43   Link #5469
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
I'm intrigued about Yachiru's disappearance. Should be interesting to see what's become of her, especially since she appears to be sans clothing...
yachiru will surely pull a yoruichi/nel/new rg lady and appear as a naked big breasted adult

Quote:
Not gonna lie, I heaved a pretty big sigh by the time I reached the end of this chapter. More fan service. More cannon fodder. I like well-endowed female characters as well as the next guy, but what I want right now is some damn resolution, not more fillers to not care about.
granted we didn't get a great build up for all the epsada, but i miss the times when we got to know the bad guys before they fought to the death. it's nice to give at least a tiny crap about the people fighting
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 00:01   Link #5470
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yachiru will surely pull a yoruichi/nel/new rg lady and appear as a naked big breasted adult
I really hope you're right

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
granted we didn't get a great build up for all the epsada, but i miss the times when we got to know the bad guys before they fought to the death. it's nice to give at least a tiny crap about the people fighting
I feel like this could be resolved if Kubo had introduced a select few villains of quality rather than a giant ensemble cast. I literally can't remember the names of the last dozen villains that were introduced to this manga. I know I'm getting on in years, but still...

He had it right with the SS arc - three big bads - Tousen, Gin & Aizen. Done. And they were each distinctive in their own right enough that they and their stories held their own when parsed off from the rest. I'd say even the vizards and the arrancar get a pass because at least they were distinct and had defined histories that contributed to the plot.

Everything since then has just felt like pages torn from Kubo's fanboy sketchbook to extend a deadline. The more villains you have, the less you care about them. Even if they introduced a back story for this new clan it would read as filler because we all know they've been slotted in as foils to whatever shinigami will fight them and will be summarily killed off by said shinigami when the agreed upon number of weeks has passed.
Old 2014-05-08, 16:31   Link #5471
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
I really hope you're right

I feel like this could be resolved if Kubo had introduced a select few villains of quality rather than a giant ensemble cast. I literally can't remember the names of the last dozen villains that were introduced to this manga. I know I'm getting on in years, but still...

He had it right with the SS arc - three big bads - Tousen, Gin & Aizen. Done. And they were each distinctive in their own right enough that they and their stories held their own when parsed off from the rest. I'd say even the vizards and the arrancar get a pass because at least they were distinct and had defined histories that contributed to the plot.

Everything since then has just felt like pages torn from Kubo's fanboy sketchbook to extend a deadline. The more villains you have, the less you care about them. Even if they introduced a back story for this new clan it would read as filler because we all know they've been slotted in as foils to whatever shinigami will fight them and will be summarily killed off by said shinigami when the agreed upon number of weeks has passed.
I think Kubo felt to justify a true invasion of SS he needed a large cast of characters.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 17:47   Link #5472
Excelion

Gremmy said, "The only thing I could not imagine was only your body was capable of containing that vast amount of power", which I think is refers to Yachiru as his zanpakuto spirit. The no name flashback seemed to reinforce it further, and it has been this popular fan theory for years, so Kubo probably rolled with it. Yachiru will still probably be able to talk to him as his sword anyway and manifest whenever.

Given this next fight is a 4 on 1, potentially more with that zombie ability, this might be where Kubo fits in the Fullbringers or Sado/Orihime/Grimmjow. Grimmjow and Kenpachi teamup would be cool. Kenpachi might not fight at all.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 19:34   Link #5473
GDB

Quote:

You seem to be forgetting all the other enemies they fought. Just because they ended up allies in the end doesn't mean they weren't enemies at the time. Multiple members of team 11 including Kenpachi, that guy who thought he was the master of aerial attacks, and pretty much every captain except the Commander and Ukitake.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 00:48   Link #5474
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
I think Kubo felt to justify a true invasion of SS he needed a large cast of characters.
This is a valid point.

As a reader it's still frustrating because this isn't the first time he's introduced a too-large ensemble cast of villains. Imagine the impact this arc would have if he'd kept the rest of his villain count to a minimum in previous arcs. Instead this new invasion feels more like the status quo than anything truly shocking.
Old 2014-05-09, 00:52   Link #5475
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You seem to be forgetting all the other enemies they fought. Just because they ended up allies in the end doesn't mean they weren't enemies at the time. Multiple members of team 11 including Kenpachi, that guy who thought he was the master of aerial attacks, and pretty much every captain except the Commander and Ukitake.
At the very least those enemies continued on in the manga following their individual defeats and are still playing a role even in this arc (with the exception of a couple of vice captains). Can't imagine the same will be true for this lot.

Grey area villains are great but they still need to have a purpose in the larger framework of the story and I doubt any of these do or will as that seems to have been the trend in the last arcs.

(I mean, hell, I'm still waiting to see if Grimmjaw and my beloved Nel ever make a comeback. )
Old 2014-05-09, 22:08   Link #5476
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

KuboTroll never did acknowledge whomever saved Urahara and the dummies in HM years ago, didn't he?
Old 2014-05-10, 03:25   Link #5477
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
KuboTroll never did acknowledge whomever saved Urahara and the dummies in HM years ago, didn't he?
No, but it was hinted that the guy in question was Grimmjow.
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 03:58   Link #5478
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altes View Post
No, but it was hinted that the guy in question was Grimmjow.
I hope not. Ol' Grimmy was one of the most boring characters ever to come out of Bleach. An unimaginative ripoff of every similar archetype to come before him.

But I'd still rather it be him than Ulquiorra...
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 09:22   Link #5479
swerv
Stay Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado The Dragon View Post
Yeah next chapter Zaraki takes off his eyepatch the hoes take off their clothes.

lololol.
It's funny because it's true
Old 2014-05-10, 10:46   Link #5480
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I hope not. Ol' Grimmy was one of the most boring characters ever to come out of Bleach. An unimaginative ripoff of every similar archetype to come before him.

But I'd still rather it be him than Ulquiorra...
Well, there aren't many other characters who know Ichigo personally and badmouth him.
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter