AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-11-16, 03:04   Link #4661
izumisegawa

Hello to everyone, wonder if anyone will recognize me???

since I seem to see a few people I know
izumisegawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 03:29   Link #4662
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

You are one of the people at MangaFox right??
Old 2009-11-16, 03:33   Link #4663
izumisegawa

Hai, I am

I just wanted to know If anyone else has problems connecting to MF right now??
Old 2009-11-16, 04:06   Link #4664
Wolfnagi

Not really,
BTw,welcome to AS
Old 2009-11-16, 04:09   Link #4665
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Personally, I prefer him choosing one. If there's something I hate about Hayate is his indecisiveness. He cares for one girl the most. If he's aware of who that girl is, then he just should follow his feelings and protect that girl. I mean, this is not the type of decision in which there is right or wrong. In this case, he should just make a decision, and make sure he'll make that decision become the right one.
I would want him to choose too, but motivated by himself and not forced/influenced to make a (hasty) decision by others. In this case, its a cliche. The old man/person with power or in charge forces the indecisive boy to make a decision of a life time. Hayate is the main character of a harem manga afterall, so this can't be helped. You don't see a main character in a harem manga maintaining a harem while only having one girl he has his eyes set on often. For us, there is no right or wrong answer, but for Hayate there is, since he is too dense/slow to realize that he just need to make the decision he makes right.

Scenario 1:
Right (Hayate's POV): He refuses to destroy the stone, protects Nagi's inheritance.
Wrong (Hayate's POV): Unable to break the connection Athena has with the spirit.
Scenario 2:
Right (Hayate's POV): He breaks the stone, breaks the connection Athena has with the spirit.
Wrong (Hayate's POV): Failing to fulfill his duty to protect his Ojou-sama's inheritance.

There could always be a Scenario 3, and I think Scenario 3 is the most likely, since its cliche that there is always a solution to both problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Also, he'd have had to choose at some point. What better time than now?
The timing might be good for us, but it's obviously not good for Hayate.

Last edited by Koroshiya_Kame_13; 2009-11-16 at 04:20.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 04:17   Link #4666
Wolfnagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
I would want him to choose too, but motivated by himself and not forced/influenced to make a (hasty) decision by others. In this case, its a cliche. The old man/person with power or in charge forces the indecisive boy to make a decision of a life time. Hayate is the main character of a harem manga afterall, so this can't be helped. You don't see a main character in a harem manga maintaining a harem while only having one girl he has his eyes set on often. For us, there is no right or wrong answer, but for Hayate there is. If he refuses to destroy the stone then he protects Nagi's inheritance, which is the right part, and unable to break the connection Athena has with the spirit is the wrong part. If he breaks the stone then he could break the connection between Athena and the spirit, which is also right, and failing to fulfill his duty to protect his Ojou-sama's inheritance is the wrong part here. For us, we don't think there's right or wrong, but in Hayate's head he's too dense/slow to realize that he just need to make the decision he makes right.

The timing might be good for us, but it's obviously not good for Hayate.
So he actually is burden by lots of responsebility and have a hard time to choose. That's what you saying right??
Old 2009-11-16, 04:21   Link #4667
izumisegawa

thanks wolfnagi-san
Old 2009-11-16, 04:22   Link #4668
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfnagi View Post
So he actually is burden by lots of responsebility and have a hard time to choose. That's what you saying right??
Yep. He thinks he fails at life (aren't worth living anymore) if he breaks a promise and don't fulfill his duty as a butler, but also thinks that protecting someone you care for is also very important. BTW, Mikado should be the one writing a reply letter in the spoiler picture. Don't really know the reason, but probably replying to the person who asked him what the thing he was concerned about.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 04:54   Link #4669
Wolfnagi

Do you guys think there are any alternatives for this scenario.
its always hard to choose between two choices and both of it gonna affect his life forever!!!
BTW, Hayate no gotoku! Club link below
Hayate No Gotoku!
Old 2009-11-16, 07:47   Link #4670
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Damn, you bastards posted a lot again. ^_^

The Heart. Heheh.. you used the pic to it's full effect, heh? xD Illya ;_;

Anywayz, it's true that if Hayate were to choose Nagi over Athena he'd act in a similar way to his parents, and that's something unforgivable, but it's not like he can just break it either. He values the promise that he made her, and he swore that he wouldn't break any promises anymore, or something like that...

Well, that's mostly irrelevant, because of the whole plot, and the "main picture". They need that stone to access the RG. It won't end that easily, or just like that:

*crush*

Hayate: Oh, I've broken it... oopsie!
Midas: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! *disappearing*
Athena: *huf* *huf*
Hayate: Are you all right, A-tan?
Athena: Thank you for freeing me- bla bla bla

Worst scenario ever...

We need drama and for that the RG, which can't be accessed without the damn gem. Hayate will probably think of a 3rd option, like I and Used Can suggested. If he chooses Nagi over Athena, then he'll completely disregard everything that was once between them, the whole Athena arc, everythiiiinnnnnggggg...

If he chooses Athena, he basically ends the damn manga. Unless there's some other way of accessing the RG...

I think that either he'll be unable to decide, he'll think of a third option, or that Nagi will encourage him that it's ok, and if it's for the sake of someone important he should just follow his heart, or something like that....

Perhaps if he tries to break it, he'll get interrupted, or some other weird thing will happen, eh? Like that theory that he has a gem inside of him. It might start to resonate with the one that's being broken, or something silly like that.

Oh yeah, Mikado was Santa, eh? That's... odd.. why would he go to Hayate? Hmm....

It would be bout time for Hata to start answering things...
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 09:51   Link #4671
Lisemer

Wait, wait wait...
The thing "F****ng Santa=Mikado" is truth???
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 09:58   Link #4672
Wolfnagi

That's what they say...
Old 2009-11-16, 10:10   Link #4673
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

wait you mean you guys just see the resemblance between Santa and Mikado?....I kinda saw it as obvious on chapter 1
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 10:32   Link #4674
zodanhko
*ignoring*

I'd never expected Mikado to actually appear in Hayate's childhood. Moreover, Mikado still remember who the kid was after 10 years. You just don't remember a random kid who just passed by after 10 years.

That means, Mikado could intentionally went to Hayate (10 years ago) desired something from him. Or he might realized the event between Athena and Hayate 10 years ago. Or he just have a really really really good memory.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 11:11   Link #4675
Wolfnagi

But How does he actually met Hayate 10 years ago??
Old 2009-11-16, 11:17   Link #4676
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfnagi View Post
But How does he actually met Hayate 10 years ago??
As Santa. (no joke)
Old 2009-11-16, 11:23   Link #4677
Wolfnagi

But Hayate said it was all a dream, and if you want to see a guy that resemble santa, its actually the doctor who treat him in chapter 2,remember
Old 2009-11-16, 11:30   Link #4678
zodanhko
*ignoring*

The fact is in chapter 249.
Old 2009-11-16, 11:34   Link #4679
Lisemer

Wait, in chapter 241, Athena and Mikado talk something about the "Power of Royalty" that Hayate may had accidentally took when he was in Royal garden.
Remember at end of 187, Athena says Mikado stnatched away something from her...
Maybe Mikado did all those misunderstanding because he wants to do something to Athena?
(And this guy may know Hayate from his born, and even may be part on the "Chrismas present" Hayate's parents send to him...)
So, maybe Mikado is like Aizen? O_O
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 12:44   Link #4680
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Athena (Midas) & Machina = Mid-boss
Mikado or Himegami = Last boss

Unless zombie Yukariko is last boss. That would be fun too.
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen